Start by marking “Stakeout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Stakeout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.5)

Stakeout

(Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #2.5)

Noel Harper got a second chance at life when the government recruited her as an undercover vampire informant. Since the day they brought her back from the good-as-dead, she has wanted to prove herself worthy.

When a member of her investigative unit is murdered, Noel is paired up with a vampire hunter named Dante to spy on a suspect in Fairbanks. The problem? They're not th
182 pages
Published February 4th 2014 by Acorn Valley Press (first published January 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stakeout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stakeout

Start your review of Stakeout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.5)
angela
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Going strong

Series is still going as strong as book 1, perhaps even stronger. So far this series is kick a$$. Really getting to know the characters (which r awesome) watching their relationships evolve, their characters grow is amazing. Still absolutely loving the series.
JB
Holy schamazeballs, what a great novella! No fluff or filler here, no sir! This was a fully developed story in its own right, complete with some truly awesome revelations that are sure to shake up the Aurora Sky world. The writing was crisp, and there was a perfect balance of snark, character development, and action to keep the story going. Well done, Nikki Jefford! You knocked another one outta the park!

Full review will be posted on the blog in March 2014 as part of the Stakeout tour, but for
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Read some teasers at my blog if you want, just click the tour banner, and enter the giveaway too.

This book was really interesting for me. Its told from the point of view of Noel, during Northern Bites, so we see the other side of things and all that happened in that book, but from Noels side, who was with Dante part of that time, so that was super cool for me. I love Dante. We get to see some Fane too, and see the other side of something that happened in Northern Bites. We learn a bit more
Naomi 🐨
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great background information about Noel & Dante :) ...more
A.Z. Green
Reviewed for Bit'N Book Promoters

Stakeout is a perfect companion and halfway book to Northern Bites as it explains what exactly happened when Noel was paired with the big kid Dante for a mission in Fairbanks, whilst Val and Aurora are fighting for survival and lugging unconscious vamps in Sitka.

You see a different, much softer side to Noel. You learn how she came to work for the organization and to some extent it didn't surprise me. She committed suicide and was resuscitated, and offered a job
Mandy
I receive Stakeout in return for an honest review from the author. The book is from the perspective of Noel Harper a fellow informant who works with Aurora. The story is Noels side of what happened in Northern Bites through her eyes. We get to know a little more about Dante, and an insight into who Noel really is and how she ended up an informant. As an informant it’s her job to know who all the vampires are in town, and if they pose a threat. Noel has been hanging out with two vampires Henry an ...more
Alis
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
What I liked: Stakeout is Noel's version of what was going on during Northern Bites and helped shed some light on what Noel was doing during the book and helped the reader understand what she did during Northern Bites. This book helped me get to know Noel better than I had been able to during Northern Bites not to mention I understood more about all the situations going on with Fane, Noel, and Dante in that book. Noel turned out to be quite different from what I was expecting the girl to be, and ...more
Diane Lynch
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stakeout happens at the same time as book 2, Northern Bites, but is told Noel Harper’s point of view. Which was great, especially considering how Northern Bites ended. Plus, we found out details about the mission Dante and her were on.

I enjoyed getting to know Noel. She is portrayed as a quiet and secretive character. I liked finding out why she comes across that way and about her history. Noel is a complex and interesting character. Unlike Aurora, her experience working undercover for the gover
Kim
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet, with a little sass.

In this novella we get to know Noel, Fane and Dante a little better.

After reading Stakeout I find that I like Noel more. Just based on her character in the books I found her a bit sketchy at times, and I wasn't sure Aurora should trust her. This book clears up a lot of the issues I had with her and the pieces are starting to come together for the bigger picture!

We spend a little more time with Dante and see a different side to him. (One that is not trying t
Jeannie
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved getting to know Noel more in “Stakeout”, book 2.5 in the Aurora Sky Series by Nikki Jefford. It was great to have another side of the story of some scenes that occurred in the previous A.S. books; especially that famous scene with Fane and Noel and her out of town mission with Dante. This book helped me gain a further understanding of the character Noel. Noel grew so much more to me as the reader through this book. She stood out in personality and became a stronger character than the one ...more
Heather De Los Reyes
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved learning about Noel and the things she went through, how she became a vampire. Her stakeout with Dante was hilarious, I love his personality. I finally got to learn the truth of what happened between her and Fane when Aurora walked in on them and also the reason why she changed. A great addition to the Vampire Hunter series.
Yvonne Farmer
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-this-book
I Loved this book it answered questions that I had from the second book and gave me insight into the characters. I really Love this series and cannot wait till the next book. I am excited about 2.6 Evil Red as well as Aurora Sky number three. It is a series that I am really enjoying reading.
Shelley
Oct 15, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-releases
Expected publication: January 14th 2014 by Acorn Valley Press
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nikki Jefford is such a great author. The Aurora Sky Series is so cute. I have read these in 2017 but not really sure of the dates so I am guessing at the months on these. But in the first book Aurora was sent off to pretty much be an assassin but she has to keep to taking the cure so she will not become a Vampire. This book series follows Aurora along in her journey. I have the audio books on these so I listen to them in 1.75 speed to speed to process of reading up. These are so great, you just ...more
Linda
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YAs
Not as good as the Aurora books in the series, but it did give me a different perpective of the incidences in the last book. Noel, a vampire informant, is an interesting character on her own, battling a history with an abusive father. She also has a different take on her job in the secretive agency than Aurora does.
Carol
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

Excellent tale told from Noel Harper's point of view. Fills in details not known from the previous book. I would recommend this novella.
Vicki
May 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I liked some elements of this but skimmed through most
Jul 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is Noel's story of what happened during Northern Bites. I just don't really care for Noel or Valerie or Dante so I didn't really enjoy this one.
Courtney Huchton
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one blew me away! I understand Noel so much better! I completely judged her as the "mouse" she is a ball of fire. And between her and Fabe, they uncover a major secret!
Lindsay
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Friends don't bite friends

I like Noel and I like Fane, but I'm not sure how to feel about this story. I'm very interested to see what happens next though!
Jessica Roe
May 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm not a Noel fan. I only really liked this one because of the conversation Fane and Noel had towards the end of the book
Tamera
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella will completely change your view of Noel Harper in the series. While not essential reading, I definitely recommend it if you're running through the series. This one ended up being one of my favorites!

Note: While somewhat YA lit- this series is aimed at the older crowd. The characters are senior age but the stories aren't recommended for younger crowds. I believe the author recommends 18+
J.L. Day
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Author does a phenomenal job in coming back and creating multi-faceted layers and depths to her supporting cast. Valeria is an interesting footnote in the Aurora Sky series, but she is not necessarily what I would refer to as integral to the series; with the 2.5 and 2.6 additions, Miss Jefford joins the ranks of great epic novelists like Dana Fuller Rossof the Wagons West! series and Dana Clayton Porter of the White Indian series

Harper (Noel Harper), is brought to life in an intimate and
J.L. Day
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Author does a phenomenal job in coming back and creating multi-faceted layers and depths to her supporting cast. Noel Harper is an interesting footnote in the Aurora Sky series, but she is not necessarily what I would refer to as integral to the series; with the 2.5 and 2.6 additions, Miss Jefford joins the ranks of great epic novelists like Dana Fuller Rossof the Wagons West! series and Dana Clayton Porter of the White Indian series.

"Harper" as one of my highly thought of members of Au
Melanie Marsh
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. This did not affect my review in any way, shape, or form. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and in no way influenced by any outside sources.

It’s no secret that I loved the other books in the Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter series. I had some sort of funky issues with the first one, but despite the problems I had I still loved the story and ideas underneath.

Stakeout focuses on the story of Noel. It runs concurrently
Richa
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review, blog-tour, arc
Originally posted at City of Books

Stakeout is a novella in the Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter series, and it's told from Noel's point of view instead of Aurora's. I think this novella is a great idea, because we really get to know the ever-elusive Noel in this, and we find out more about what happened on her side of things in Northern Bites, the second book of this series.

At the end of Northern Bites, I was pretty pissed at both Noel and Fane. But after reading this? I love them again! It just goes
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Stakeout is a novella told in Noel's POV, and if you were like me when you read the end of Northern Bites (pissed off and shocked at what happened between Fane and Noel), well this is a must-read for you!

I was so surprised when I read the ending of Northern Bites... I just couldn't understand it! But oh my gods did I get what I wanted in this little short story! Through Noel's eyes, we get to see what was really happening when Aurora saw Fane and Noel at one of
Lelia Taylor
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
I lost much of my enthusiasm for vampires several years back and then two authors got my attention with their vampiric tales. One of those authors was, and still is, Nikki Jefford. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed everything I’ve read by her and the Aurora Sky series has never let me down.

High school student Aurora Sky is the titular star of the series, having been recruited by a government agency to be a vampire hunter but not of the usual sort. Rather than going in with stakes and other paraphernalia,
So I admit I was totally leary of reading Stakeout. Not because I don’t like the series because I love it, and Nikki Jefford’s writing but I was just so pissed off at Noel at the end of Northern Bites. I womaned up though and decided to hear her side of the story.

This book is 2.5 but it actually takes place during Northern Bites it’s just Noel’s pov. I really liked seeing her side of the story. I wouldn’t mind having future books being written in both her and Aurora’s povs because she bring som
Ali
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo Noelteaser3.jpg

To say I was pissed off at Noel and Fane at the end of Northern Bites, would be gravely understating my feelings. I was beyond mad, miles past livid and neck deep in a "what the hell is happening" state of confusion.

When I found out that Stakeout was going to give me more insight on Noel's...behavior, I was chomping (pun intended) to get my anxious little digits on this novella. I expected there to be an explanation, of course there was. I had even gone through several scenarios in my head
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 02, 2015 10:48AM

• Scales and Skeletons (Trixie Towers, #2)
  • Obsidian Magic (Legacy, #2)
  • Knights Magica (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #5)
  • Renegade Magic (Legacy, #3)
  • Bad to the Crone (A Spell's Angels Mystery, #1)
  • Magic Bite (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #1)
  • Keeper (Matefinder: Next Generation, #1)
  • No Crones About It (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Love and Lead (The Bullets, #3)
  • Keeper
  • Cursed Prince (Night Elves Trilogy #1)
  • Double-Sided Magic (Legacy, #1)
  • Winter's Kiss (Her Guardians, #2)
  • Crypts and Crimes (Trixie Towers, #3)
  • Pawn (Fae Games, #1)
  • A Nantucket Affair (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove, #4)
  • Magic Sight (Supernatural Bounty Hunter #2)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
Nikki Jefford is an award-winning, bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and quirky combinations in-between.

She is a third-generation Alaskan now living in the Pacific Northwest with her Westie, Cosmo, and her French husband, who she wouldn't trade in for anyone--not even Spike or Mr. Darcy!

When she's not writing, she's reading, walking, or out riding her motorcycle, a Honda CB5

Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (6 books)
  • Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • Northern Bites (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Bad Blood (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #3)
  • Hunting Season (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #4)
  • Whiteout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)
  • True North (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #6)