Start by marking “Ever After (Transplanted Tales, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ever After (Transplanted Tales, #4)

Ever After

(Transplanted Tales #4)

To Catch a Thief…

For centuries, Gideon Montrose has served the King of Fairies without question and, often, without mercy. So when the King orders him to apprehend a notorious thief, Gideon obeys. But when he finally gets his hands on the beautiful culprit, Gideon’s in for a shock.

ebook
Published August 21st 2014 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever After

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

SeRine has created a very unique take on modern day fairy tale characters and put such an unexpected, fun and even dangerous spin on stories that we all grew up hearing that you can't help but be enchanted by them.

Her characters, while versions of the fairy tales we grew up with, are nothing like what we remember. In fact, their story is usually only bits and pieces of what we grew up hearing and loving. They almost always have a dark past and most of them are not innocent at all.

So
Jaime
Sep 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is my least favorite of the series. I put the book down several times and it took me a while to finish. Although I love Gideon and was looking forward to his story, I was extremely disappointed. The Robin Hood aspect of the story was completely unnecessary. It added nothing to the plot, and to me detracted from the story. There was more than enough to take from Camelot and Fairy Lore. Even though there can be more than one Tale of the same name I am assuming we won’t get a Robin Hood s ...more
Jenne
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.25
By far my favorite in the series! I've always liked Gideon so getting to know him better was great. The heroes in this series are always drool worthy and Gideon was the best by far! Loved Arabella too, and who'd of thought Robinhood was a girl?! We also meet Merlin in this one who was awesome! The romance was just right, the mystery kept me guessing until it was revealed, and of course the Tale interaction was great! All in all a very entertaining read!
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

4 Stars

Ever After is the fourth installment in the Transplanted Tales series by Kate SeRine.

Five hundred years ago Gideon Montrose lost the love of his life. Since that day he has been bound to the Seelie king as his protector. In the last centuries he has also become the king’s right hand man.
After some shipments of Fairy Dust are stolen, the king orders Gideon to investigate the robberies and apprehend the thief.
The investigation leads Gideon to an encou
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at Smexy Books: http://smexybooks.com/2014/08/review-...

Favorite Quote: ”But trust me when I tell you, living in the past will bring you nothing but misery. Now is all that matters.”

Gideon Montrose has spent centuries mourning the loss of his one true love. Bound indefinitely to the Seelie King, Gideon serves without question or mercy; using his fairy powers and skill as a merciless warrior to carry out the king’s commands. When his king charges him with finding the person behi
Melliane
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I love Kate Serine and her retellings are always a treat to discover. They are always full of ideas and mix all kinds of stories we know. We have a nice mix between the Arthurian story and the one of Robin Hood. Several characters we know are present again to our delight and others appear here.

We follow this time Gideon as we had the chance to meet him as a secondary character in other volumes. His history is not very easy, his lover died before his eyes
Kathie (katmom)
HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!

This is book four in the Transplanted Tales Series. It read like the final book in the series. I've read Grimm Consequences (Transplanted Tales #1.5).

It's fun how Ms. SeRine puts King Arthur with Robin Hood and people from fairy tales in the here and now. Gives a new spin on them. They are living in contemporary times, and some of them have adjusted better than others.

Gideon was in love with Robin Hood (a woman) back in Make Believe. He lost her over a cliff and has lived w
R.C. Matthews
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I’m not one to watch Once Upon a Time, but I imagine this story must be very much like it with fairy tale characters living in the Here and Now because they had to leave Make Believe. The author has a lovely writing style that flows and feels natural.

The hero is a wonderful character. I really loved Gideon Montrose. He was everything you would want in a hero. Trustworthy, loyal to a fault, strong, handsome, loving. Which is why I think I didn’t care much for Arabella, the heroine, – because she
Felicia Wood
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I took a break from these books, because they are the type that you could devour in a weekend. I'm glad I did. Reintroducing myself into this fairy tale world is just as fun and adultly whimsical this time around.

I've always loved Gideon, so I much enjoyed hearing his story in this installment. As always, I love hearing from the old gang (I actually could've used a bit more of that). I hate that this series is over.
Cherie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.75
Hope Bennett
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

I’ve read the whole series and this is easily one of my favourites it moved me to tears it’s incredible
Angela ReadingCave
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Julie
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Ever After is the fourth book in the absolutely awesome Transplanted Tales series by Kate SeRine. I have never read anything like this series. Fairy Tale and literary characters come to life and live among us, blending in the best they can and taking on career paths you would not expect. At all. So fresh and entertaining, these books never cease to both surprise and amaze me.

Ever After follows an intriguing character we’ve met previously but don’t know
Lover of Romance
An ARC given in exchange for a honest review.

Gideon Montrose was once "little John" and loved "Robin Hood". He would do anything for her. Gideon is the only one left of his kind, the unseelie. But when being chased through the woods by the kings men, he ends up with a arrow in his back and the love of his life thrown off a cliff and killed. Now he has been in the service of the seelie King for many years, and has developed a close bond to the man, he would do anything for him. But now he has b
Sabina Bundgaard
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been on a speed read through the last three books of Kate’s Transplanted Tales, this being the last one – for now ;-)
Ever After is Gideon’s story. The stoic bodyguard to the Seelie King captured my interest when he first appeared and continued to do so. Imagine my delight when I realized that Ever After would tell me more about him. But not just him. Kate surprised me again, giving a new spin on the Robin Hood tale, pulling in other new ancient myths and tales; Arthur (just his legend th
Marta Cox
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
These stories in the Transplanted Tales series are such fun to read. Grown up twists on every fairytale, myth and legend that you have ever heard of. Seriously not for children though as this author weaves sexy romance around her fast paced plots which always include mystery and action to keep the reader on the edge of their seat!
This book is told from the point of view of Gideon who some refer to as Little John and yes there is a Robin Hood in this story but Robin is most definitely all woman a
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

What a great book! Kate SeRine is a new favorite of mine! Ever After is Book Five in her Transplanted Tales Series and it's just wonderful! And yes this is my first look this intriguing series.

Basically it's about those that live in our stories, our fairytales and well live in Ever After but over time have transferred to Here and Now (today's real world) Many of the characters you will recognize if you have ever read a fairytale and others, well if you are li
Gigi staub
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
To Catch a Thief…

Arabella Locksley is none other than the spirited, unpredictable woman he knew back in Make Believe as Robin Hood — the love of his life whose tragic death destroyed his chance at Happily Ever After.

Now, he has an impo
☕️Kimberly
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Coffee Dates with Ever After:

Coffee Dates with Ever After:

First Date: Gideon Montrose serves the King of Fairies, and he is ordered to hunt down a thief who is stealing fairy dust. SeRine shares his back history and the loss of the woman he loved. Once again I feel myself slipping into another Transplanted Tale. Someone is stealing King Arthurs’ artifacts in the Here and Now in addition to the fairy dust. My spidey senses are tingled and sure enough; our thief is Arabella Locksley, the love of G
Monique
Review written: February 27, 2017
Star Rating: ★★☆☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☀☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

My initial reaction to getting this book from Netgalley back in 2014 was "I'm so excited. Can't wait to read and review this book." And then it languished on my TBR. I wasn't feeling it at all. I didn't even pick it up. Finally, I forced myself to read the book.

Part of the problem was that I hadn't read all the other books yet. So
WTF Are You Reading?

My Thoughts
The masterful weaver of dreams, authoress Kate SeRine is back, and the fourth offering in her Transplanted Tales series, entitled Ever After, is proving to be just as charmed as its predecessors.
This time around its all about Gideon.

That's right! That sexy, aloof, and seemingly untouchable heartthrob, who stole reader hearts and set imaginations ablaze in Violet and Seth's story, finally gets his time to shine.
To say that Gideon is a man with layers would be quite the understatement.
Eva Millien
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The little thief stole his heart and then fate tried to tear them apart in this enchanting Transplanted Tale. After the death of his beloved Robin Hood, Little John has been bound to protect his king. Now known as Gideon of Montrose, Gideon has been ordered to apprehend a notorious thief. When he gets his hands on the culprit, he gets the shock of his life and now he must make an impossible choice – betray the woman he once loved or the king he’s bound to serve.

This fast paced and smooth flowing
Melissa Hayden
I'm so in love with these tales! Gideon gets a surprise and finds someone he's long thought lost to him.

****FULL REVIEW****
Gideon is on the case. Someone is stealing the Fairy Kings transports - shipments of the king's very addictive fairy dust - and it's becoming far to common of an incident. It seems an unknown tale, from a list of known thieves, came to the Here and Now about the time the transports started to go missing. A tale by the name of Locksley. Al Addin and the Fairy King both want t
Vannessa
As soon a I saw this book title on Netgalley I just had to have it being a big fan of the rest of the series. I love how these fairytale characters come to life in the Here and Now and still keep some of their fairy tale characteristics. This book focussed on Robin hood and Little John, although Robin Hood was not quite the same characters as in the legend as we know it. Robin, in this book, was otherwise known as Arabella and in Fairy Tale was in love with Little John, AKA Gideon Montrose.

In t
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** Copy provided by Netgalley and Kensington Books for an honest review**

This book starts three years after the last book ends, and at the beginning with all the things that have happens since I feel like I have missed something, as a book 3.5 has not come out filling this missed gap it feels a little odd with a quick few lines as to explain what has happened. (I feel I can't really say with out giving that game away).

The story is told from Gideon (Little John's) POV. We find out how fiercely lo
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
4.5 stars. Solid addition to series.

This action packed fairytale/legend based series has been a favorite of mine since book 1. This time around we have a gender-swapped Robin Hood, Arthurian legends, the Seelie court, old friends, and one of my favorite supporting characters from books 2-3, Gideon.

Unseelie, the inspiration behind Little John, and Robin Hood's lover, Gideon has been in the service of the Seelie king since the day his love perished in a heist gone wrong. We've known him as the sto
Crystal Marie
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of this series since I found it by total fluke a few months ago, and I couldn’t contain my excitement when I found out who this book was about! We are given hints about Gideon in the other books, but to finally learn his story, was just amazing!
I am constantly shocked at how well Ms. SeRine is able to bring the children’s fairy tales to life, but in an adult way. And she does it in a way that is not rude, crude, or socially unacceptable. Don’t get me wrong, there is still plen
Beth
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
She was the love of his life until the day she died...

Years later, Gideon is sent on a mission to uncover the thief behind some robberies, little did he know the woman he loved had survived. Now he must decide between loyalty and love.

Kate SeRine writes funny and engaging characters that capture your attention and emotions. While the “tales” are fairy based these are not your family friendly characters, but scrumptious adult fantasies come to life. Don't be surprised by the highly imaginative tw
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
Like the earlier books, SeRine's Ever After takes place in the Here and Now, but unlike the previous books, we get a glimpse of what life was like before. We start with a peek at Gideon's life before he began working for the Fairy King, and throughout the story we get enough of his back-story to understand why he stayed for so long. We also learn about his tragic romance, and of course that makes us fall in love with him and want to heal his broken heart.

While I found the romance predictable (I
Marisa
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the fourth book in the series, Unseelie empathy Faire, Gideon Montrose loses his love and is enslaved to the King of Fairies. Five hundred years later, forced by command to find out what is happening to the Royal Fairie dust shipments Gideon is reunited with his lost love, Arabella Locksley. He and Bella join forces to track down the thief. Tales are fading and fairie dust is the only thing that can slow the process. Finding the missing shipments is imperative to the survival of Tales everywh ...more
  • The Danger of Destiny (Mystwalker, #4)
  • Soul Survivor (Soul Stripper, #2)
  • A Veil of Secrets (Araneae Nation, #5)
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
  • Requiem For The Dead (Dreg City, #5)
  • The Lady's Disgrace (Marriage Mart Mayhem #3)
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Blood from a Silver Cross (Kat Redding, #4)
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Out of Control (The Sentinels, #0.5)
  • Angel in Scarlet (Bound and Determined, #4)
  • Motor City Mage (Urban Arcana  #4)
  • Call of the Siren (Demons of Infernum, #4)
  • Dangerous
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • The Future of Sex
  • Burning Desire: Part 1
  • Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal, #2)
Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. She's the author of the award-winning TRANSPLANTED TALES series, the PROTECT AND SERVE series, and the DARK ALLIANCE series.

Kate is a member of Romance Writers

Transplanted Tales (4 books)
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)