Start by marking “Never Let Go” as Want to Read:
Never Let Go

Never Let Go

Mac and Mary are in high school when they fall in love in the 70s. Knowing the disapproval and shame a teenage pregnancy will bring, they keep it a secret from their church and from most of their family and friends, and make the heartbreaking decision to give up their baby for adoption. Eventually they marry and begin their life together, but before long fun-loving Mac isn ...more
Paperback, First, 301 pages
Published June 8th 2013 by Lucas Lane

To ask other readers questions about Never Let Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Let Go

Felicia
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a heartwarming book about God's love & hope. I enjoyed reading about the lives of Mac and Mary Owen and their children, along with all the others who touched their lives. There were several moments in the book where I was reminded of how perfect God's timing is and how we don't always realize the purpose some people have in our lives until later. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a light read about a couple who overcomes adversity through prayer and the power of God ...more
Denise
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
What can I say? I'm a sucker for true stories with happy endings.
Kevin
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mac and Mary Owen lived a life that could have inspired any of a number of made-for-TV movies where the pregnant girlfriend agonizes over the decision to give a baby up for adoption or the meth-addicted husband ends up going to rehab, but no made-for-TV movie could ever be as inspiring as the true story of the Owens and the restoration that God worked in their lives.

The Owens now work with Celebrate Recovery, a ministry dedicated to helping those needing God's forgiveness and deliverance from ad
Sharee
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very emotional book… in the context that you are allowed to walk through the valleys and peaks with Mac and Mary Owen as they share their life story. Mr. Thrasher was able to relay their life into a truly riveting story and made you feel like you were right there with them.
I would highly recommend this book to everyone, but especially for those that have found themselves in the low point of their lives and are looking to a way to turn it around.
Thank you to Mac and Mary for sharing the
Karah Marie
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring and captivating story of the journey of Mac & Mary Owen and their life before and after finding recovery. Formatted by short chapters and very easy to read. I couldn't put it down until I was done! A must read if you want to experience a feel-good, hope-filled book written by two unashamedly imperfect people being used to help others by a perfect God Who takes them from "mess to message" =)
Koni
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
As another reader put it "this is an emotional book", but it is one that has a great lesson for all of us. The book helped give me insight to the program Celebrate Recovery -- and how all of us have "Hurts, Hangups and Habits", they might not be like what Mac and Mary Owen went thru -- but we all have them!!!! Very good book, and worth every moment I spent reading it.
Theresa Smith
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book - quick read but good testimony of a married couple fighting addiction and coming to freedom in Christ. It tells their story without graphic detail and foul language which I appreciated.
Penny
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book and life story from an awesome God changed couple !
alejandra sanchez
Great book!

Very touching and great story about life and its obstacles but also all the precious gifts of life and how God works in mysterious ways.
Janet