Start by marking “It's A Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women” as Want to Read:
It's A Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women

It's A Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women

Based on questions from women who have attended author David Deida's highly acclaimed relationships seminars, this must-have book puts male behavior under the microscope. Included are chapters on sex, work, relationships and communication. Interspersed throughout are sidebars that shed light on the many faces of men and help women grasp what makes them act the way they do.
Published May 1st 1997 by Health Communications Inc (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about It's A Guy Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's A Guy Thing

Hillaree
Apr 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
At first you will think this is not me! I'm feminine! Think again...I have found that over the years I have developed more masculine energy being in the work force which is great but it's learning how to nurture both and not loose your true core self. I would recommend this book to any woman and the author has written a book for the guys.
Hilz
Jul 27, 2008 rated it liked it
excerpts from It's a Guy Thing by David Deida. Thank you to my friend Kristi for leading me to his writing. From this particular book, there wasn't alot to take away... but much of it was a good reminder.

"If you want a man who will gift you with strong masculine integrity, passion and humor, then relax your feminine energy and you will attract him. If you want a man who will not interfere with your life as it is, who will not make loving demands of you so much as offer emotional support and acce
Kristiina
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: women
The main point of the book is that men have more of masculine energy and women have more of feminine energy. We attract the opposite of us. So if a woman is very feminine then she attracts a manly man so to say. It is a game between of two energies or the balance of them. The book is written in form of answers to questions and all the answers are sort of the same, the principle stays the same that is be in your energy and be open to love. And another important point is that you can't rely on oth ...more
Megan Close Zavala
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. It’s a tough call when it comes to reviewing this book. The author presented some truly revelatory (to me) ideas, but the overall execution was pretty tedious. If there was a bit more oomph, it would have rated higher, probably, but if the rating were for style alone it would be lower.
Nicol Nekesa
Další střípky. Jen opět napsáno mužem.
Mai
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Masculine and feminine energies are two polarities that are very different in everything ,the way they think ,feel and handle relationships
For example the feminine's priority is love while the masculine's priority is freedom!
It's like the yin and the yang ,they complement each other and balance each other
We all have the masculine and feminine energies inside us ,the ideal would be the balance of these two energies but most of us has a dominant energy whether masculine or feminine
You could be
Allison Naprstek
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Verena
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
just good to be reminded that I'm a woman and not a man, sometimes we women tend to slip and stay in the masculine role. We need to slip into this role sometimes in order to survive, but I think we women also should learn to stay as feminin as possible in this role. Frankly I do feel more at home when I am in touch with my femine side
Jenna
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to this book I understood why my previous relationship was so passionless; we were merely couple, more like room mates. My current relationship is having the magnetic you need, but oh boy the other problems and emotions coming with it. But one thing is sure: i've got the love
Harry
Sep 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. Much softer feel compared to his book "The Way of the Superior Man," likely he did that on purpose. I would recommend this book for most women. If you are a business women or a women of power I suggest reading "The Way of the Superior Man" first.
Anne
May 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
All of his books are eye openers. If you really want to try and understand men then begin with this one. You will not be sorry. He is so succinct and devoid of bullshit. He loves women and he understands us. Now he can help us understand the boys.
Veneta
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: half-way, psychology
David deida has such great insight on men, energy and psychology
Elin Barnes
Oct 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is probably the worst book I have ever read. It feels like a really bad stream of consciousness. And the metaphors... Oh My God, they are embarrassing (even to read)!
Elina Belova
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just another book for better understanding.
Nadya Lukic
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read for every woman and why not men too!
The Bible of Relationships!
Whitney Forgie
This book is an eye opener to women. It helped me understand my dad better, but also being a newly wed it helped me understand John better! It's like a secret manual to men!
Patty
May 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Basic and revealing examples of how men think. All women should read this!!!
Sheena
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
really good, this guy knows A LOT about how both women and men work, and not just superficially, but to our core...amazing!
Megan McDonald
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although the writing is terrible, Deida brings an interesting perspective on masculinity and femininity. Looking forward to reading The Way of the Superior Man.
Andrea
Mar 15, 2017
L. Fredrick
Apr 02, 2016
Katy
rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2011
Sapatsanun
May 15, 2012
Criss Helms
Aug 29, 2014

• Clutter Busting Your Life: Clearing Physical and Emotional Clutter to Reconnect with Yourself and Others
  • The Pine Island Paradox
  • Date or Soul Mate?: How to Know if Someone is Worth Pursuing in Two Dates or Less
  • Relationship Handbook
  • Midlife Crisis at 30
  • Growing a Farmer: How I Learned to Live Off the Land
  • Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women
  • Blackstock's Collections: The Drawings of an Artistic Savant
  • You Want Fries with That?: A White-Collar Burnout Experiences Life at Minimum Wage
  • Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
  • Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men
  • Unhooked Generation: The Truth About Why We're Still Single
  • Conversationally Speaking: WHAT to Say, WHEN to Say It, and HOW to Never Run Out of Things to Say (Communication Skills, Social Skills, Small talk, People Skills)
  • Integral Meditation: Mindfulness as a Way to Grow Up, Wake Up, and Show Up in Your Life
  • 3 Seconds: The Power of Thinking Twice
  • Lives of the Artists (Volume 1)
  • The Fear Project: What Our Most Primal Emotion Taught Me About Survival, Success, Surfing . . . and Love
David Deida is an American author who writes about the sexual and spiritual relationship between men and women.[1] His ten books have been published in 25 languages. He conducts spiritual growth and intimacy workshops and is one of the many founding associates at the Integral Institute. He has conducted research and taught classes at the University of California at Santa Cruz, Lexington Institute ...more