Start by marking “Charisse (Ties That Bind, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charisse (Ties That Bind, #1)

Charisse

(Ties That Bind #1)

Charisse Wellman's husband has been gone a year, and she's about to lose the only home her son, V.J., has ever known. She's quit law school, but the money just isn't there. Her only option is to work as a law clerk for her ex-friend, Gideon Tabor. The only problem: Gideon is the judge who let her husband's killer go free, and Gideon doesn't know the connection.

Gideon Tabor
Published July 25th 2013 by Pix-N-Pens

To ask other readers questions about Charisse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charisse

Start your review of Charisse (Ties That Bind, #1)
Anne Campbell
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Fay Lamb's books. She has mastered the art of inspirational romance, and Charisse is no exception.

Charisse Wellman is a widow who must meet one goal: to provide for her son V.J. She needs a job in the worst way, and in desperation she puts an application in to the Nineth Judicial Circuit. The boy she'd had a crush on in High School was a judge there. He was also the judge who set loose the owner of the hit-and-run car that killed her husband.

Worse, this job would be clerking for Gideon Ta
Nike Chillemi
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I most often review murder mysteries, thrillers, police procedurals, and if I’m up against a wall a romantic suspense. That’s tongue in cheek, but you get it. So why am I reviewing CHARISSE, a romance novel? Well, because there’s plenty of mystery in this story, the kinds of mysteries and dilemmas life throws at individuals. And, it’s well written.

Main characters Charisse Wellman and Judge Gideon Tabor are both hiding something. Add to the mix a jealous harridan in stilettos named Delilah, who l
Robbie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Fay Lamb’s books in The Tie that Binds series, and was unable to put them down!! I read Charisse, and immediately went to Libby, then Hope.

Charisse is recently widowed and trying to stay above water not only for her sake but also for her young son, Vance, Jr. (V. J.) Her only hope is to go to work as the clerk for Judge Gideon Tabor, the man that releases the monster who killed her husband.

I ran the gamut of emotions reading Charisse’s story. I could understand her anger and fe
Pat Dyer
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Awesome story with great characters. Spiritual lessons abound in this book of love, loss, hope and forgiveness. Readers (particularly women) immediately connect with Charisse and her adorable son, V.J. (Vance,Jr.)Wellman. As she struggles to maintain her home and provide for her son, she finds herself in a most peculiar circumstance: remain unemployed and risk being homeless and hungry or accept a position with a person for whom she's harbored bitterness and anger for some time.

Gideon Tabor nev
Kay
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I particularly enjoyed this book about a young widow and her 7-year-old son. It opens the reader’s eyes to the emotions and trials of a woman and her child, who are struggling in life to adjust to a new normal. I can’t even imagine how hard that would be, but Charisse is doing it all with grace and depending on God for her strength, even when she is only hanging on by a thread. I think this book shows women how we might choose to act, when/if we come into a similar type of situation, especially ...more
Kathleen Friesen
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Charisse and young V.J. come to vivid life through the author’s skilled writing. From the first paragraphs I cared about her predicament and her son’s stark grief. When Judge Gideon Tabor is introduced, it’s easy to picture the football quarterback turned successful lawyer. More handsome than any guy has a right to be, with the bonus of a soft side. The relationship between Charisse, VJ and Gideon tugs at the heart as they struggle through present and past disappointments and d ...more
Jo
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My thanks go the Fay Lamb and Goodreads First Reads Giveaway for my copy of Charise that I won.

Charisse is a young wife faced with some hard choices after the death of her husband. She takes a job as a legal clerk after being forced to drop out of law school. She needs to work to support her son and provide a home. She takes a job with her ex-boyfriend from high school. He is also the judge that let her husband's killer go free on a technical issue with his trial.

I enjoyed Charisse and hope you
Gretchen
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
A wonderful read. Of course I immediately wanted to protect Charisse and her little son. I also wanted to slap Delilah. Could've slapped Judge Tabor once or twice too.

This is a story of overcoming hardship through love. Well written, indeed.
Ann Peachman Stewart
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The characters in this book engaged me to such an extent that I finished it in less than 24 hours. I'm sorry to have no more to read. I will miss them.
Tracy Ruckman
Lisa
Jan 11, 2015
Rose Chandler
Apr 01, 2016
Christian Books: Inspirational Contemporary Romance Giveaway! 5 30 Jan 31, 2014 10:20AM

• Blame it on the Onesie
  • A Onesie is not just for Christmas - Sequel to Blame it on the Onesie
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)
  • The Weight of Ink
  • Cobblered to Death (Courtney Archer #1)
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • The Star and the Shamrock
  • Love Still Stands (New Hope Amish #1)
  • Be Satisfied (Ecclesiastes): Looking for the Answer to the Meaning of Life (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Banana Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #21)
  • A Beardy Bonus: Bonus and deleted scenes from the Winston Brothers Series
  • The Emerald Horizon (The Star and the Shamrock #2)
  • Beyond the Shadow of War (The War Trilogy #2)
  • The Orphan's Tale
  • He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
  • From the Ashes of War (The War Trilogy #3)
I am a fifth-generation Floridian, and if I want to be snarky about it, I am not only a Floridian, but all my years have been spent in the same town where my great-grandfather traveled from what is now known as Blue Springs Park with my great-grandmother, whose father ran a steamboat landing there. My great-great-grandparents' home still stands at Blue Springs and can be toured. My grandmother, wi ...more

Ties That Bind (2 books)
  • Libby (Ties That Bind, #2)

News & Interviews