Start by marking “Out from Under You (Smart Girls Finish First #1)” as Want to Read:
Out from Under You (Smart Girls Finish First #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Out from Under You

(Smart Girls Finish First #1)

“Love is an earthquake. It comes when you least expect it. It rips the ground clear away. Right out from under you.”

The day Lia Smart met Grayson Walker, eight years ago, was the day she fell helplessly in love with him. Coincidentally, it was the same day Grayson fell in love with someone else: Lia’s smarter, sexier, superior-in-every-way older sister, Alex.

Now, nearly
Published August 8th 2013 by Sophie Swift Books (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Out from Under You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out from Under You

Geri Reads
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

This was me attempting to clean my TBR folder on my Calibre/Kindle last night.

And this was me 3 hours later.

TBR pile still in shambles but...I was able to not only finish Out From Under You but enjoyed it immensely. I was surprised at how much I liked this book considering:

A. I hate when my hero and heroine cheat with each other.
B. I hate love triangles.

This book have both of those elements in heaps. Like massive, massive cheating with a giant obtuse triangle right in the middle of it
Jen
4 Angsty in a Good Way Stars

Turns out lying to hide your secret love for a man who will never love you back is a skill that simply stays with you. Lucky me.

What would you do if you found the love of your life at fourteen? You looked into his eyes and just knew you were destined to be together. What would you do if mere minutes later the love of your life met your older sister and found the love of his life? This is Lia and Grayson's story and it’s not always pretty!

My heart broke for this poor
Joana
**5 BIG and consuming stars **

Love is an earthquake. It comes when you least expect it. It shakes your foundation to the core. It rips the ground clear away. Right out from under you.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lia have loved Grayson, from the first moment she met him at the age of 14 years old.
And she was there in the moment where Grayson met and fell in love, with her older sister Alex. Her perfect, beautiful, daring sister.

She was dare to witness they're turmoil relationship, trying to hide her feelings, trying to
Fre06 Begum
Nov 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No no matter how horrible your sister is you do not sleep with her boyfriend! Lia was a selfish person and Grayson was an idiot I def did not feel his love for her but I felt it when he thought about Alex come on the guy said he and Alex were soul mates and had an intense connection where everything just faded away when he looked into Alex's eyes he was also really sexually attracted to her and then in the end we are all supposed to just forget all of that as he ends up with Lia the desperado! I ...more
Sara
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I freaking loved it! THIS is what i needed, a book with great writing, characters, story and angst.

This is the story of Lia, Grayson, and Alex. Two of them I LOVED, one of them sucked ass.

Lia was the younger sister, by 3 years, to Alex. She always felt that Alex was MORE of everything. More popular, sexy, outgoing, smart... you get the picture. Lia was the dorky little sister, awkward and liked comic books. One night at a party, she meets Grayson and basically falls in lust. But who does Grayson
Kath
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review

Would you fall for your sister's boyfriend? and what's worse is when that boyfriend became her fiancè. But you know what they say about love...

"Love is an earthquake.  It comes when you least expect it. It shakes your foundation to the core.It rips the ground clear away. Right out from under you. "

Writing-5 stars
Sophie Swift did really great! Her words, some of it are epic! Epic lines to quote. The story is writen in two
Tina
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ria
4.0 REALLY ENTERTAINING CRAZY MOMENTS

I was like OMG

Then I was like NO

Then I was like Oh.Hell.NO

Then I was like NOOO!!

Then I was like Dont do it!! DONT YOU FLIPPING DO IT!!

Then I was like SHE DID?!! She totally did!!

Then I was like SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

I couldn't stop... I just couldn't stop

WOW!!

Full review to follow!
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I did not enjoy this book as much as I was supposed to. My main problem was obviously Grayson, I just couldn't like him. I think he's an asshole. I get where Lia was coming from but with him it was way too ... I don't know, he's a jerk.
Everything else was good, but if I don't like the main character - the book is just wasted on me.

Over and out
Laurie
Jan 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The reasons why you should not read this book:

- The MC, Lia, has sex with her sister's fiancé - Yes, it happens while they're still engaged.
- Lia is a HUGE hypocrite. She hates Superman because whenever he is around, Lois Lane transforms into Lois Lame. Huh Lia, meet Lia. And trust me, Grayson is no Superman, far from it, but I'm coming onto him soon. There was not one valuable discussion between Lia and Grayson. Everytime they found themselves alone in a room, they ended up making out.
- It w
Jessirae
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Out from Under You by Sophie Swift was outrageously good! This book was an addiction in of itself and I ended up reading it faster than I intended to. I thought this book had a great amount of angst, romance, and moments where I wanted to flip tables and throw objects. It was a damn roller coaster ride I wanted and never wanted to get off of all at the same time.

I was really surprised that this book was spilt between the points of of view between Lia and Grayson. I think it worked best this way
Pete
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Out from Under you by Sophie Swift because of a wonderful review by Ana Rita which generated a lot of funny comments making me want to pick it up and read it.

Those of us having sibling rivalry can quickly relate to this captivating story. Ana’s review pointed out some of the funniest pieces, so I’ll let you see those on her review.

Sophie Swift orchestrated this beautiful angst filled, unrequited love story with a master’s touch. I really enjoy reading from principle character’s points of
Blushing Reader
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Star Rating: 4 out of 5

Heat Rating: HOT!

"Love is an earthquake. It comes when you least expect it. It shakes your foundation to the core.It rips the ground clear away. Right out from under you. "

This is not your typical love story, this is a story about how you don't get to choose who you love and sometimes you have to make tough choices. Can you be happy by not rocking the boat and ignoring your true feelings? Or do you grab onto love with both hands and let the chips fall where they may, becau
nick
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hated Grayson with a passion. The douche didn't deserve Lia's affections, not that she was any better than him. Sleeping with your sister's fiancee is quite low, no matter how bitchy the sister was.
Coozie
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I fucking love me some forbidden romance. I loved everything about this.

The writing is sophisticated and almost poetic, yet completely down-to-earth. Realistic dialogue. Witty banter. Funny. Yet also.... Angsty. Steamy. So much steam.

Cheating.

I know I’m probably in the minority here but I freaking LOVE me some cheating in my romance novels. And I’m not sorry...

The more wrong, the more forbidden, the more taboo... the more intense and salacious it is. And I
Mystique
the guy is an asshole and I still think he ended up with the h because he liked having sex with her (NOT love!)
An ok read.
Lucinda Claire
I don’t like triangle stories, and I usually opt not to read them, but I was offered a copy of “Out from Under You” in exchange for an honest review, so I acquiesced. So, here’s my review: I still don’t like triangle stories. That being said, I really really liked “Out from Under You.”

“Out from Under You” is the first in the “Smart Girls Finish First” series by Sophie Swift. It introduces us to sisters Lia and Alex Smart. Anyone who has a sibling can, I’m sure, relate to the rivalry and sense of
Victoria
I know that this a new book (actually it was released on August 13th...2 days ago) and there are not many reviews yet on how great this little book is.
First of all i dont believe in buying e-books ...i prefer to put those money on actual book purchases and download ebooks for free...but i made a little exception here. I bought this on smashwords website for just 2.99 and i have to say that this book deserves a lot more.
The author did a pretty good job with the plot the characters the description
Ashley
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4.5 bright stars!

*This book should be read by those who are 18 years old and older!*

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Some burning questions to think about are:
- Who does Grayson choose?
- Will their family ever be the same after everything they’ve endured?

You will be hooked from the first page! At least, I was. This book is filled with sibling rivalry, reuniting with a first childhood crush, and other family turmoil. Lots and lots of drama. Sophie does
Heather andrews
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was cute, charming, and funny. There were so many memorable characters Blake he's kind of a weird one, "um," Blake begins cautiously, "I hate to be the one to break this to you, but we're not exactly booming. We could easily have sex on the bar and no one would notice." He turns to me and cocks an eyebrow. "Actually, that's the best idea I've had all day." Lia her mind was pure entertainment, "do I have to be so effing obvious? Do I have to stare at his crotch like a horny dog?" She al ...more
Moon Love
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For someone who really dislikes infidelity even when it's fictional, it's a major feat that I liked this book let alone loved it! There was something about the way this story is written that makes it fascinating. Seeing what both Grayson and Lia are thinking as well getting flashbacks into how they met and how things came about was an inspired idea. I wish we'd been able to "see" Alex's thoughts as well.

I can't help but say I liked Lia the most. Yes, she's not perfect, but she tries so hard to
Rafi
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let's just say that I have a new favorite author! The cover was the first thing that caught my attention of course but after reading the plot, I got hooked. This book reminded me of Something Borrowed, only, I'd have to say that this is way better and very well written. Just like the main character Lia, I can't help but fall in love and in hate with Grayson. He's too blind to see what's already in front of him and he has been stupid for loving the wrong girl for a long time. Maybe because he got ...more
Stacey
Oh wow!! This turned out better than I imagined. This was free on amazon which makes it even better! This is my typical favorite storyline...a love triangle but even better because of the people involved. The heroine cheats with her sister's fiance! Sooo forbidden but that much more angst to read. I loved the angst and sexual tension in this book! It was off the charts hot once they came together. Loved the ending and prologue...ended the book off just right. Really enjoyed this book!

*****5 star
Amanda
I knew what I was getting when I started this book, so tbh I didn't care about the cheating (sorry \_(ツ)_/) but the problem is that if you're going to write this kind of book, I have to actually believe the protagonists want to be together. And I didn't? Like I didn't understand the connection between them beyond the physical and he waited until waaaaaay too late to realize that he wasn't going through with his marriage. Eh. ...more
Kath
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Received an ARC. Hold on. I need words to review this. Review coming soon.

Out from under you-BLOG BOOK TOUR AND GIVEAWAY!!! :)
Karen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally loved this book.

Lia was quite a strong character and Grayson welllllllllllll I want my own he is incredibly hot.

For a first timer this was a great book but tell me when is the next one and pleaseeeeeeeeee dont say 2014 that's just being lazy!!!!! LOL
Amber Bennett
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book captured me from from to back. It's a definite MUST READ. It had my heart racing and pounding quite a few times. It's a story of true love prevailing!!!!
C-Money
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome writing. Great bitch read I mean buddy read. Oops sorry Sara. My bad

Review to come
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• High Risk Love (The Risk Series, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Two Roads
  • Life, Love, & Lemons
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Not Your Fault
  • Count on Me (Bayview Heights #3)
  • All Grown Up
  • Ruin (Summer in Winter, #1)
  • The Torn Up Marriage
  • Terms of Possession (Romance)
  • Dressed in White
  • Strangers (Strangers, #1)
  • A Perfect Marriage
  • Fool for You (For You, #1)
  • The Woman He Married (A Magic City Duo, # 1)
  • Winter Blues
  • These Things About Us
Sophie Swift is an East Coast girl who recently transplanted to Southern California. She writes about sexy boys by day, and dates them by night. Her sizzling, new adult romance, OUT FROM UNDER YOU, the first in a new contemporary series, is available NOW! She loves books that quicken her pace, music sung by adolescent boys, and cupcakes with too much frosting.

Smart Girls Finish First (2 books)
  • Caught Up in You (Smart Girls Finish First #1.5)