Start by marking “The Overtaking (Silenced #2)” as Want to Read:
The Overtaking (Silenced #2)

The Overtaking

(Silenced #2)

In life when one thing goes wrong, it can feel like everything goes wrong. Secrets come to the surface while friendships twist out of control, romantic relationships end, and even a dear loved one can die!

In Silenced: The Overtaking Amber’s life turns to chaos when she finds out Sarah, her childhood friend dies suddenly, her stepfather reveals another devastati
Published July 26th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Overtaking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Overtaking

Christoph Fischer
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Silenced 2: The Overtaking" by Raebeth McGee-Buda is a powerful, emotional and at times even slightly uncomfortable read but one that is certainly worth your while. It's main character is Amber, a young woman who lives with an addiction to cut herself.
Despite a supportive surrounding and a loving boyfriend depression and the desire to cut herself are always present in her life.
The author takes us into Amber's head with raw honesty and empathy that makes the experience very realistic
Dennis Higgins
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Creative and Satisfying Sequel

Silenced 2: The Overtaking by Raebeth Buda is the perfect sequel and tie-up to the first book, Silenced. Amber struggles with depression, anger issues and self-hurting in the form of cutting. While reading the Overtaking, you get to go on the whole journey from Amber’s point of view and even what it’s like to be in a counseling session for behavioral issues. There were parts of this book that took my breath away. Amber is a very complex and colorful pers
Lauren
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amber and Landon continue their journey by moving in together. Little does Landon know Amber is still struggling to keep her cutting in control. When her friend accidentally commits suicide, it is the final straw. We follow Amber's struggle to get help. This is an amazing story that hooks you in from the beginning and sends you on an emotional roller coaster. You can relate to these characters on a personal level, which to me makes the book a masterpiece. WaAR
Brian Bigelow
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's based on some very real stuff that happens to a lot of kids. I've actually met kids that self mutilated, they were ones my kids hung around with. Most of them didn't do it over a number of years though as far as I know. In some ways the story is kind of a personal one for me. I think it is good how Amber found her way out of the darkness.
Tbird London
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really drawn to this series after I finished the first book Silenced (look below for the summary of that book and I have a review for it on my blog). I felt the drama and the reality of a cutter was portrayed very realistically in that book, so it saddens me to find in this book some of the reality was not there to end this series. The two books are great, and I recommend you read them, but please be aware if you are easily offended with the idea that you can stop a mental issue with praye ...more
Melissa Williams
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-shelf
I was gifted this by the author in return of an honest review.

After reading Silenced I knew I had to read Overtaking. I have loved both of these books and look forward to future books by Raebeth McGee. Raebeth knows how to make her characters carry you completely through the story. The emotion Raebeth writes with is amazing and so heartfelt.

So many times while reading I wished I could just reach out and grab Amber and shake her silly, then hug her til she couldn't breath.
Lynn Worton
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Silenced Series. I really enjoyed it, and struggled to put it down!

Amber Brown is a very complex character, who suffers from a terrible secret - she cuts when she feels stressed or upset. I really liked her character, but wished she didn't self-harm.

This story continues from the end of the first book. Amber is devastated by the news of the death of her best friend, Sarah, and accidentally makes a fatal mistake. Her secret gets found out, but
Jessica
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amber is a cutter. The only control she feels. Her world is a bit confusing and the only way to relieve the pain is by cutting herself. One cutting too deep. Amber wakes up in a hospital. Not remembering how she got there. Her secret is out. She gets ordered to therapy and a support group just for cutters. Amber loses people she cares about. She needs them. She doesn't like to feel alone. So she cuts to relieve the darkness that has taken over. Amber struggles as she finds out who her dad is. Sh ...more
Julia
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read this book after reading Silenced (Book 1) months and months ago. Amber's journey continues as she hangs on by a thread. Waking up in a hospital after going to deep is one thing. Losing your best friend, the relationship with her boyfriend and her newly learned about sister is quite another. Everything that Amber goes through is rough, not only on her but on everyone around her. She wants to seek help but doesn't know where to start much less who to turn to.

Lando
Autumn
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
You pick up exactly where book one left off. You have Amber who has found out her best friend has died, and she is taking it really hard that she is cutting herself.

Now she stopped when she started dating Landon, but as soon as her world tipped over because of Sarah it started back up again. You follow Amber through her journey of trying to stop hurting herself and others. She becomes closer to God which I think is just amazing. Amber also finds out who her real father is, and she learns why he
Lucy Farrell
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
I finished reading The Overtaking a few days ago and in all honesty i did enjoy the book but not as much as Silenced.

The story follows Amber after she cut too deep and her story of what happens afterwards and keeps the reader gripped to see whether Amber will get her closure or not. I really did enjoy the book and i found all of the events that happened to provoke many emotions and keep it as one of the books that you can’t put down.

However, although i really did enjoy this book there are some
Candy Smith
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad Raebeth had the courage to write such a heartfelt story.There is a growing epidemic of teen depression,cutting and suicide. Many parents are not aware of what there teen is going through or if they do know they don't understand it.I understand the overwhelming feeling that comes from depression because I have dealt with it since middle school and now I have a bipolar teenager who has done cutting.

Amber was doing well fighting her addition to cut until she lost her best fr
Janie
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.

Having read the first book I was looking forward to reading this one.
I truly loved this book and loved following Amber's Story!
It cut rather close to the mark (no pun intended) as even now I self harm but not in the way of cutting.
I found this to be a very heartfelt, truthful account of suffering and recovery.
For the first 60-70% of the story had me in tears!!!
I am glad that Amber finally foun
Claire Taylor
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
RaeBeth McGee-Buda
Silenced 2: The Overtaking
Silenced Series #2

A very emotional read that I’m sure will affect everyone is some way. Life is hard, and everyone has different coping mechanisms, but for Amber cutting is her only escape. The issues escalate in this book, until the secrets can no longer be kept in the dark. There is a religious aspect to this book, which I couldn’t relate to, but every other part made me think hard about how decisions impact other people. An intense, inspirin
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at https://blackwords-whitepages1977.blo...

This is another powerful story. One that makes you understand how hard addictions can be.

The characters were amazing. I actually felt a connection with Amber and I could feel her emotions float off of each page as I continued to read the story.

The story-line was incredible. The author made me feel as if I was part of the story and left me in tears in certain parts of the story. I felt sadness, mad, heartbreak and God working throughout the
Wanda Hartzenberg
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book, for me as a reader was emotionally taxing and exhausting. Amber, our leading lady drove me nuts. The degree of her self involvement in the first half of this book was staggering and Landon. The long suffering boyfriend needed a medal in my opinion for sticking it out with her.

Even her parents is not spared her razor sharp tongue. I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and scream at her WAKE UP BUTTERCUP. Life gets far worse than this.

All the while during the first half of this book I
Amanda Orick
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Silenced 2 The Overtaking is a young adult christian book. It is the second book in the Silenced series. In this book we pick up right where we left off with Amber the main character who is dealing with a lot in her life including the loss of her best friend. Howerver she has a secret that only her boyfriend knows, but she has begun loosing control of her emotions. Will she slip up and be found out? Is her secret safe? Will the pain ever end?

I really enjoyed this book. I read it fro
Marsha
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Silenced 2: The Overtaking by RaeBeth McGee-Buda is such an amazing story of hardship and recovery. It picks up right where Silenced left off and brings us to a hard earned HEA. This series contains some huge doses of reality and misdiagnosis. It must be so difficult to wander without direction. Well worth the read.
Shelby Marie
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
Amazing

I picked this rating because I read, silenced 1 and 2. I also had a thing with cutting 5 years I've been clean, and reading Amber's journey though it, helped me realize you should treasure everything in your life , including letting God help you.
Heather Bell
AMAZING WORK

I absolutely loved the entire book. I can not wait to read more of your book's. Keep writing you are an absolute amazing author
Alexander Wylde
Apr 30, 2015
RaeBeth
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Emma
The Pink Bookshelf
Jul 29, 2013
Bernie Sitzmann
Mar 14, 2014
Rae-Beth McGee-Buda resides in the rolling hills of Fairview, West Virginia with her husband, daughter, and son.

She’s been writing in some form her entire life, but loving young sister, Audra McGee noticed her talent and gave her the reassurance she needed to start her writing career. After many months of deliberation, Rae-Beth decided to trust her sister's word and expand her short st

Silenced (2 books)