Start by marking “Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)

Never Been Ready

(Ready #2)

One night with him.
That’s all it took.

My disappointment with the male species started at an early age. Growing up the daughter of the town drunk and a string of bad relationships only solidified it.

Is it any wonder I’d all but sworn them off?

Or at least, that was my plan. Until I met Declan James — Hollywood’s most eligible bachelor. We swore it would only be one night.
Published February 4th 2014 by J.L. Berg

To ask other readers questions about Never Been Ready, please sign up.
Maegan Dixon he is only born two years later in Clare's epilogue and Leah's story takes place 3 months after the last chapter of When you're ready.
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverUgly Love by Colleen HooverPlay by Kylie ScottBeautiful Player by Christina Lauren
Top Ten Romances Of 2014
778 books — 3,183 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,443 books — 5,896 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: HOPELESS ROMANTICS, Ella Frank fans, Want a Feel-Good Romance?
3.5 “MADE THIS CYNIC BELIEVE IN LOVE” STARS

description

Well I was wrong. I took a look at the blurb – heroine gives up on love, Hollywood golden boy, womanizer changes ways for said heroine – doesn’t this sound like something I’ve read only 1000 times already? Though the book is based off of an overused and regurgitated premise, the earnest and genuine love Declan and Leah have cannot be denied and no matter how much I tried to be my normal cynical self, it was impossible to NOT fall for these characters.

description

London
Apr 02, 2015 marked it as hell-fucking-no
Hero sleeps with many OW during 6 month separation even though he wanted the heroine. Heroine doesn't because she can't stop thinking about him. Douche bag shows up at her door looking for an easy lay 6 months later.
I'm sure in the authors typical style the hero gets his shit together quickly, however, I just couldn't get into it after reading the sample.

No thanks
Syndi
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I am sorry i have been away from books. There is so much shit going on my life that i have to make difficult choice. I have to be ansent for a while.

But finally i finish this book. This book is OK although i do enjoy it more than the first book. Like the first book, everything about this book is sweet and OTT. The conflict and the resolution is too rushed. The characters also do not develop well. I do not get why they fall in love with each other.

It seems they just happens to fall in love with
Deb Dee (autumn delaney)
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FIVE SO-HAPPY-TO-FINALLY-READ-IT STARS

You can read teasers here.

Read Prologue here.

Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Well, wow! This is such an amazing read that I finished it up in one night. Oh how I wish for more!

This is Declan and Leah's story. It started as a one time thing but it's the start of their forever...

It was a sweet, hot and fun story. You can tell from the beginning that they clicked.

LEAH

I am 100% happy that Leah was not a whiny, annoying,
~ Becs ~
 photo neverbeenreadycasting_zpse97555fe.jpg

Never Been Ready is book two in JL Berg’s Ready series and Leah and Declan do in fact meet in the first book but this one works perfectly well as a standalone. There’s enough gaps filled in during the earliest part of the book to bring you completely up to speed so if you haven’t read When You’re Ready, you’re still good to go with this one.

Well, this was just a wonderful, feel-good romance. Declan, the main male protagonist performs a perfect Darcyesque style transformation from arrogant arse
Anahita
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Star

When I read the first book I was fascinated by Leah character and I really enjoyed reading Leah & Declan story and the way their relationship grow between them. And I liked and enjoyed the presence of Logan, & Carlar in the story.
The only complaint that I have is that, the storyline was very predictable! but still it was a good read for me =)
Hanne
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Loved it! Amazing addition to the Ready series

Full review to come in 2018
Daisy
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Can't wait to read Leah's story which I know I will get to read more of Clare & Logan.

3.75
Carey Heywood
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book focuses on Leah, a side character from When You're Ready. (OMG, READ WHEN YOU"RE READY!!! ps. have tissues!) I loved her in WYR. She is independent and has a take no prisoners approach to life. I also loved her chemistry with Declan. This book was HOT! One things some really sexy books are missing is the plot and character development to really get you invested in the story.

That is NOT the case with this book. It was well crafted with layers to the story that pull you deeper into their
Anne OK
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
This was the kind of romance that grabs your heart and doesn't let go. I loved the chemistry between Declan and Leah - it was off-the-charts delish! Hollywood playboy meets his match. She's a labor and delivery nurse. He's alpha male and demanding. She's sassy, witty and alluring. He's only in town for six months. They agree to an arrangement. It will never last --

J.L. Berg did a fantastic job with the second book in the "Ready" series. For me, it was a better read than Clare and Logan's story
Chu
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

PURCHASE IT AMAZON

I can’t believe I’m reading Leah’s story!!!!

After finishing the first book, I got excited knowing that she too will have her story. This girl had gotten my attention being the tough, funny, naughty and super great best friend for Clare. Now that Clare had gotten her HFN with Logan, it was her time.

My heart went to Leah after a very traumatic childhood. No child should ever suffer and made feel worthless, much more unloved. Her father
Pamela
Lara
Feb 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
the good reviews baffle me.
i made it fifteen pages before i threw in the towel. i read a lot of romance and i mean a lot. i can live with not liking one of the characters but not both of them, so i didn't like leah right away when she complained about the woman's birthing plan. she may have delivered a lot of babies (as is her job) but since she's never had one she doesn't really know what its like and especially for someone's first time. then she curses at the dad, if i was his wife and
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review to come soon xx
Palabasalibro
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I thought When You’re Ready was an awesome book, but it doesn't compare to Never Been Ready. It was more intense, sexier, hotter and a more emotional. I love everything about it especially the characters.

Leah Morgan. If you've read the first book in this series, you’ll remember her as Clare’s best friend. They have been friends since forever. She’s the feistier of the two. A godmother to Maddie. The happy-go-lucky nurse who loves to volunteer and offer free service to other people. She’s hot and

**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

~~ 5 Declan and Leah Stars ~~

So I have to say I loved this one just as much as the first book (When Your Ready) Even though these two books are completely different story lines and journeys for the heroines, they are both FABULOUSLY emotional reads. This book to me was flawless. The writing was smooth and quick paced. But J.L. Berg also knows how to tap into every emotion a reader has while reading a book. This book had me laughing at
Dali
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Swoon: to be overwhelmed by ecstatic joy, a state of ecstasy or rapture. Feel giddy, weak or lightheaded. You think I’m starting to abuse the word swoon or its synonyms? “I could use other words, like fascinating, stunning, breathtaking… beautiful.” I could probably come up with more or google some but they would all be along those lines and they would all describe how I feel about this book which about mirrors what Leah Morgan and Declan James felt about each other.

The general story line could
Rachel
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review. I don't read the synopsis or any other reviews prior to reading and reviewing. I like to go in blind, not expecting anything other than starting a new book.

So let me say, that the acknowledgment page alone would have made me read more! Leah is an awesome chick. How many people that had such a shitty upbringing could be so selfless? I mean, labor and delivery nurse, best friend and babysitter, volunteering at the old folks home? That stuff alone makes her
Tonya
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book and getting Logan and Claire's story I remember loving Claire's wonderful, caring, spunky best friend Leah and I remembered meeting declaw james for the first time and as much as I love Logan and Claire I always wondered if anything would come of Leah and Declan and the wait and wondering is over because this is their story.

Leah is a labor and delivery nurse, who is independent, loving, giving, spunky and also one who is broken but no one has ever known the whole
Mona
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
I received an ARC for an honest review...
One man, one women who will touch you in so many ways...Hold on tight because it's emotional, tear-jerking, a life altering change will blow you away...

The one night Declan James meets Leah Morgan, him and his friend Logan Matthews enter a bar...trying to keep a low profile because Declan is a Hollywood film star he really doesn't want to be seen.
now Logan see's his girlfriend Clare with her and they head over by them, and he is overwhelmed with Leah's
Liza
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great sequel to When You're Ready and definitely an awesome addition to the Ready Series.

Lea has always been the light of the series. With her spunk and easy-going personality, she is not difficult to love. I adore her strength throughout the story. Her love for Declan is undeniable. One scene I really liked was when she was told lies about Declan sleeping with this woman and instead of believing her and sulk and go away, which happens most of the time in other stories, she stood up and read
ℸℎℯrℯᏕα
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this story, the 2nd book in the series.

Declan is Logan's childhood buddy. He is a hot successful hollywood actor who could not forget his tryst with Leah when he was in Virginia six months ago. So when his movie got the greenlight to shoot in Virginia, he sought Leah out to get her out of his system.

Leah is Clare's bff. Godmother to Maddie and Ethan. She is gorgeous, compassionate and is an ER nurse who also works with Clare's husband Logan. One night, Logan asked her to look after a kid
Jenny
It was only supposed to be one night, but with Leah in my arms...only forever would do.

photo tumblr_inline_mm3binTVBS1qz4rgp.gif

J.L. Berg did it again!!!

Leah Morgan and Declan James' story ... totally mindblowing! I knew from the beginning that their story was going to be chock full of awesome!

I laughed, I got teary eyed, I snickered, I fangirled, I girl crushed, I oohed and I ahhed and it was worth every single emotion that ran through me while getting acquainted with these two!

I was also delighted to see my other two fave
J
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up to 5. A great read about a movie star, Declan, and a nurse in the maternity ward, Leah, who had a brief one night stand a few months ago. Now Declan has returned to shoot a movie and expects Leah to be his booty call while he is in town. Leah has other ideas, even though she really feels the chemistry between them. Poor Declan is not use to being turned down.

Declan learns a lot of things about life and relationships from Leah and its a beautiful journey. A huge twist happens in
Nicola
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed When You're Ready; I thought it was a good debut from J. L Berg so I had absolutely no hesitation in reading this. And whilst the characters cross over, Never Been Ready could be read as a standalone.

This had everything that I thought the first book slightly lacked; it flowed better and was a book that surprised me hugely. Leah had a reasonably large part in the first book, Declan was more fleeting, but both are unexpected characters and as much as I loved Logan and Claire, Leah
Crazychriss889
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, adult-romance
Haha, Decland and Leah - yeah I definitely saw this one coming but the way it came? Wow!!

The plot in this novel is simply perfect. Leah and Declan both don't really believe in love or at least, not in love for them. But fate thinks differently. Suddenly they discover that they might just be perfect for each other.
And then the past comes back to haunt them. Leah is in danger and Declan is faced with a huge decision.

Wow, wow, wo.

The characters are awesome, man, I really love Leah (especially after
Mary
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book in some ways more than the first book but in some ways less than the first book. The character development was good. Declan is totally HOT, and the story was enough to keep me interested. Leah is a likeable heroine and I was rooting for she and Declan. The story is well written, interesting, and there is enough HOT and steamy sex! The only issue I had was that the story was pretty predictable and seemed to move a little slowly at first. I really liked it but didn't love it ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is such a sweet read :)

Leah is Clare's bestie and she has a Declan, Logan's bestie, a while back. He is back in town filming a new movie and turns up on her doorstep, hoping for more sexy time with her.

Leah just can't resist sexy Declan and it's not long before they start to move more into relatonship mode. These two are not only really cute together but their sex is off the charts hot.

There are lots of other storylines happening in the background, weaving their way into this story and
Lyndy Ann ♫
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I loved Never Been Ready the first book in the Ready series and I could not wait to read this.

This is Leah & Declan's story we know they hooked up in previous story. Their relationship starts off as casual sex for them both but as weeks go by feelings change. When something from Declan's past comes to light this changes EVERYTHING, I did not see this coming and it completes the story.

Great having more Clare & Logan. This story has everything a hot sexy romance, laughs and some very sad
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
Such a sweet, romantic read. I loved Declan! Good he was so swoonworthy and it was nice to see no cheating or other issues that books with movie stars had. Leah was such a string girl. She was a mystery in book one but we really got to see her open up and grow in this book. I will say I didn't see that twist coming at all!! Wow! Totally shocked and surprised me but I think it was essential to help Declan and Leah's relationship. Loved the epilogue!!! So sweet. If your looking for a book with ...more

• Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • The Player
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)
  • Pull Me Close (Panic, #1)
  • The Evolution of Us
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • Wrapped in Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #4)
  • Love in Between (Love, #1)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • The Trouble with Love
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
  • Naked Choke
  • Sister of the Bride (Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Low Over High (Over Duet, #1)
  • The Game That Breaks Us (Us, #3)
J.L. Berg is the USA Today bestselling author of the Ready series, the Walls duet and the Lost & Found series. She is a California native living in the beautiful state of historic Virginia. Married to her high school sweetheart, they have two beautiful girls that drive them batty on a daily basis. When she's not writing, you will find her cuddled up, watching a movie with her family, obsessing ...more

Ready (4 books)
  • When You're Ready (Ready, #1)
  • Ready for You (Ready, #3)
  • Ready or Not (Ready, #4)
“Natural childbirth —I would never understand it. It was like going to the dentist and saying, "Novocain? No thanks. Just go in there Doc and rip that sucker right out!” 4 likes
“We are a very selfish species. We might say we do things for one reason or another, but when push comes to shove, we do what we do for one specific reason —to put ourselves ahead. When a relationship falls apart and one person says it's for the best,, they're really just looking out for their own best interest. I began to protest, but he just continued on. "When you offer someone your space in line at the coffee shop, it's not out of the goodness of your heart. It's because you were hoping that person would notice you, or you wanted to be closer to the person behind them. Nothing we ever do is selfless. We love ourselves first.” 3 likes