Start by marking “Skeletons Don't Play Tubas (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #11)” as Want to Read:
Skeletons Don't Play Tubas (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #11)

Skeletons Don't Play Tubas

(The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #11)

There are some pretty weird grown-ups living in Bailey City. But could the new band teacher really teach a skeleton to play the tuba?
Published November 1st 1994 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Skeletons Don't Play Tubas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skeletons Don't Play Tubas

Michelle Baraka
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it
My daughter and I are reading this it's the first chapter book that she's reading by herself.
paige turner ♡
Hannah Belyea
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: the-child-inside
Bailey Elementary has a new band teacher that the third graders believe is trying to get the skeleton always watching them to start playing its own instruments! Dadey amps up the humour with this delightful entry to the beloved series!
Dolly
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the 11th book in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones and John Steven Gurney. This story centers on a new band teacher helping the kids prepare for a band concert.

We've read several books in this series and our girls like them. We are skipping around the series, but it doesn't seem to matter much. We will certainly read more as we come across them, although I prefer our girls to read them independently. They are quick, entertaining reads
Charlotte
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eddie, Howie, Melody, Liza, and all of their class mates have a new class and teacher. Music Class is taught by a skinny, pale man named Mr. Belgrave, who has a skeleton named Claude. But the four friends keep hearing tuba music, could it be the skeleton Mr. Belgrave calls Claude?
This book has humour and mystery. It's not mega scary, but it does have a bit of spook. Age range is 8 and up.
I like this book because the kids solve mystery’s. My favourite part is when Eddie shakes Claude's hand. T
Jerome
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
The kids get a new music teacher, Mrs. Belgrave, who they suspect is teaching skeletons how to dance and play the tuba. The novel’s story goes from innocent to strange to rather creepy. For some reason, Belgrave teaches his lessons in a storage closet, which is home to the infamous skeleton.

Another fun tale, with no real explanation as to whether things really are supernatural or just a product of the kids’ imaginations.
BookeryBliss
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Kaite
Nov 22, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was really good. It is about the Baily School Kids getting a new Band Teacher. His name is Mr. Belgrave. But when they go to the band room its in a closet. Plus there is a skelaton playing the tuba. The skelatons name is Claude. They children are really freaked out and dont know if its real or not. But they always thought something was different about Mr. Belgrave.
Duke2026
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think you would like this book because it is about 4 kids that go in a music class and liza is looking at the skeietoo bahide her and my fabrit part is when they foud out that the music trecher is a skeletonon-Taliya
Matthew
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
First book I read (and finished) that was not mostly illustrations. My first 'chapter book'.

I stayed up all night reading through it, past my bedtime too.

I haven't read it again since, but for an eight year old, it was a good place to start. I was a late bloomer.
Twyla
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Logan
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Micaela Semien
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one of the weird stories but still awesome!
tony
Jan 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
funny/scary
Malia
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
It wasn't really one of my favorites, but it was still fun to read.
Lauren
May 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
This series of book was just funny and entertaining as a kid!
Aven
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I've read this book. Seems like I didnt like it when I read it. Can't remember what the book was about though. Guess it didn't make an impression on me.
Olivia
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
i don't know how skeletions can stand but whatever
Tt
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
How did the priceable learn to play the tuba?
Seth
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
there was a skeleton in school! they had a band class. the skeleton had a name! the principal and the band teacher played tubas. they thought the skeleton was alive.

great when ur little
Oct 24, 2008
Chae Pak
Apr 26, 2016

• Horrible Harry and the Locked Closet
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • Tooth Trouble
  • TinkerBell :The Junior Novelization
  • The Paint Brush Kid
  • Cam Jansen and the Summer Camp Mysteries: A Super Special
  • The Science Fair from the Black Lagoon
  • Sadie and the Snowman
  • The Berenstain Bears Blaze a Trail
  • Flat Stanley at Bat
  • Doggone It! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #8)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • Franklin's School Play (Franklin Series)
  • What a Trip, Amber Brown
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • The Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)