Start by marking “I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You” as Want to Read:
I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You

I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You

YALSA Quick Pick Award Winner

I have a confession to make.
I think I am in friend-love with you.

What's friend-love? It's that super-awesome bond you share with someone who makes you happy every time you text each other, or meet up for an epic outing. It's not love-love. You don't want to swap saliva; you want to swap favorite books. But it's just as intense and just as ama
Published December 6th 2013 by Adams Media (first published November 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You, please sign up.
Kate This is a review site. You can probably find this title at your local public library. Otherwise, I recommend a bookstore, or online retailer.

Start your review of I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You
Shoa Khan
This tiny little webcomic is an ode to one-sided platonic love (unrequited mostly).
It's all about that one friend-crush that you want to chat/text/hang out with all the time. The one you share inside jokes with.

Though there's nothing said abt the gender of the protagonist (who simply looks like a one-eyed monster :| ), I'm sure guys would identify more with this story!
On that note, a minute of silence for all the guys in the friend zone! xD
Fiderly
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a cute ode to platonic friendships but man have I had difficult time with those. My 3 star rating is partially because I expected a bit more at the end and well I couldn't really picture everything that went on in the book with my own friendships but besides that it was just cute.
scar
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, fluff
aww, it was adorable :') the simplicity of the art and the words made it even more impactful.
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To all my friend-loves,

I hope you are well.

Enne (they/them)
4 stars

This was the most adorable graphic novel I've read in a while and I loved every second of it. It was also very quick to get through and it's one that I can see myself coming back to again and again!! In fact, it's only been a couple of days since I first read it, but I'm already itching for a reread. It's a book that talks about wanting to be friends with someone, and it captured all of my feelings about friendship in a really succinct and clear way. I loved and related to every second of
David Schaafsma
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-women
I liked the title a lot--it's what it attracted me to the whole thing--and the concept of a letter to a potential "friend-love" quite a lot. It's sappy-sweet, in a way, and funny, in another way. The text is a letter (maybe never sent!) written to someone the writer likes "as a friend" and not as a lover. Platonic only! No kissing or anything uncomfortable like that! The writer and wannabe friend are depicted as little androgynous cute fluffy animals.

Maybe the underlying frustration/desperation
Victoria
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I brought I Think I Am In Friend Love With You to my regular café and finished it in the time it took for me to finish my macchiato (the real kind, not the long tall S*Bucks kind, so a two-gulper). It's that short. "ohhh!" I said. Then my friend who happened to be sitting next to me picked it up and read it. He smiled. Then one of those cafe regulars who's not really a friend but you talk to all the time grabbed it from the bar, flipped thought it, and yelled out, "Friend Zone!" What's great abo ...more
Michael
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Umm...This book is about telling someone close to you how much you mean to them, and that's great. BUT...it kind of does it wrong.
This book can come off as kind of desperate and creepy!

If you want to tell someone how you feel in a friendship, this does it...sort of well...but for the most part, you may want to think it over. Like saying "I desperatly want you to think i am a super awesome person", that's trying too hard! Just say "I want you to know that we are both super awesome together, huh?
Alyaa
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I relate to this more than I’d like to admit.
Sharon Barrow Wilfong
I read this to practice my Spanish and because it had pictures which made it easy for me to understand. I probably read and at fifth grade level in Spanish, so pictures help a lot.

This was kind of a sad little story about a creature (none of the characters are depicted as human, although they obviously represent humans) who has a friend crush on someone else. Most of their relationship seems to occur online and the protagonist feels ambivalent about his/her feelings. Probably a her because of th
Jericho Eames
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I love how cute it is but mostly I loved how it managed to convey the emotions. It spoke to me, like this book is what I feel and how I feel. I'm not ready for love and this is the closest that I will ever come to ever being in love I guess. I love how raw and visceral this book is, albeit short. I literally finished it in 10 minutes and I loved it. While flipping through the pages, I kept smiling, being reminded of how real this is. THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS BOOK INTO EXISTENCE!
Jasmine
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute would like my close friends to read it while also thinking of me without me having to direct them to it.
Sidra
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Not one of my favourite graphic novels but perhaps the most unusual one. It is an ode to unrequited platonic friendship and the inevitable heartbreak that follows. Its something everyone can relate to on some level or the other.
Lavinia Reads
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute ode to a friend
Bill
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Friendship is an awkward thing, and it's difficult to discuss the depth of one's friendship with someone without it seeming like a pretense for suggesting a romantic relationship. This short and sweet book doesn't resolve that issue, but it does illustrate it (quite literally) and bring that awkwardness up for discussion.

While I appreciate that it brings up a topic that is unusually verboten, I have to admit that I would be pretty creeped out if one of my friends actually, say, gave me this as a
Camille
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, kindle-prime
Super cute and super light comic to read. Made my cup of tea feel warmer than it was.
Miss Susan
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
this is really cute. could've stood to chill a little on the no romo disclaimers though, i get that this is platonic!

(also the mc needs to accept the power of cuddles into their life; what do you mean you wouldn't put your head on their shoulder bc it would be weird, excuse you, i'd be more comfortable falling asleep on my bff than i would with a romantic partner honestly)

but really; it's a cute ode to friend love. quick read too; i think it took about five minutes?

3 stars
Luna Naomi
i understand this feeling. i understand this longing. i understand this weight on your chest. i understand wanting unconditional friendship with someone. i also understand that this book is very adorable and the narrator is so very brave in their honesty, vulnerability, and love.
Iroquois
funny and sweet book that you can gift to current friends and people you want to be friends in a declaration of friendship:)
Sophie Brookover
A super-quick read that will charm and resonate with anyone who's had that feeling of hope and tenterhooks-ness that comes with making a new super-awesome friend.
Bryndís
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
just ok. The concept is great, a different kind of relationship. It is relatable, but just a little flat. Wasn't a huge fan of the artwork too.
JumbleofJargon
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: live organisms
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! I BESEECH YOU TO READ IT! <(^.^)> ...more
Lisa
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I spent the first 2/3 thinking about how sweet this is, and the last 1/3 wondering if it's actually creepy?! Am I the only one? Either way, I liked it!
Huda Fel
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life happens, love happens.. Does friend-love happen too? How often I wonder !
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
I originally bought this book for my irl bff's birthday, and of course, I read through it first before thinking of actually giving it to her.

I do appreciate the sentiment behind this book, platonic love is very important, but since the bff and I are queer and have a flirty platonic relationship, it would be weird to give her this one lol

This book was a little too "no homo" for me personally.
Luna Isham
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute!

This book is the most perfect example of platonic love in have ever seen. It is so sweet and touching and I love it so much!
Ken Yuen
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Relatable.

Sometimes books give language to feelings that are hard to express otherwise.
Kris
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awww, an adorable ode to platonic friendship. Friendship is just as important as romantic love, and I love that this little book acknowledges that. Sweet.
Bonnie
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only thing sweeter than the premise of this cute book is being gifted this book. D'aww :3
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• That Can Be Arranged: A Muslim Love Story
  • The Boring Book
  • Like the Moon Loves the Sky
  • oh no
  • A Sloth's Guide to Mindfulness (Mindfulness Books, Spiritual Self-Help Book, Funny Meditation Books)
California-based comic artist and illustrator Yumi Sakugawa's work has featured everything from lonely one-eyed monsters to an ode to The Baby-Sitters Club character Claudia Kishi. Her off-beat comics that explore the trials and tribulations of human interaction have been featured in Sadie Magazine and The Rumpus and her comic zine Mundane Fortunes for the Next Ten Billion Years And Other Stories ...more