Start by marking “I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You” as Want to Read:
I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You

I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  1,953 Ratings  ·  258 Reviews
YALSA Quick Pick Award Winner

I have a confession to make.
I think I am in friend-love with you.

What's friend-love? It's that super-awesome bond you share with someone who makes you happy every time you text each other, or meet up for an epic outing. It's not love-love. You don't want to swap saliva; you want to swap favorite books. But it's just as intense and just as ama
Published December 6th 2013 by Adams Media (first published November 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You, please sign up.
Kate This is a review site. You can probably find this title at your local public library. Otherwise, I recommend a bookstore, or online retailer.

Shoa Khan
This tiny little webcomic is an ode to one-sided platonic love (unrequited mostly).
It's all about that one friend-crush that you want to chat/text/hang out with all the time. The one you share inside jokes with.

Though there's nothing said abt the gender of the protagonist (who simply looks like a one-eyed monster :| ), I'm sure guys would identify more with this story!
On that note, a minute of silence for all the guys in the friend zone! xD
Fiderly
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a cute ode to platonic friendships but man have I had difficult time with those. My 3 star rating is partially because I expected a bit more at the end and well I couldn't really picture everything that went on in the book with my own friendships but besides that it was just cute.
Sarah Al Qassimi

I CRIED A THOUSAND TEARS
David Schaafsma
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-women
I liked the title a lot--it's what it attracted me to the whole thing--and the concept of a letter to a potential "friend-love" quite a lot. It's sappy-sweet, in a way, and funny, in another way. The text is a letter (maybe never sent!) written to someone the writer likes "as a friend" and not as a lover. Platonic only! No kissing or anything uncomfortable like that! The writer and wannabe friend are depicted as little androgynous cute fluffy animals.

Maybe the underlying frustration/desperation
Nerea
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Leído furtivamente en Abacus esperando encontrar una historieta gráfica normalita*
—Mierda, me encanta. A ver cuánto cuesta... Mierda, no me llega.
*Se lo enseño a mi novio entusiasmada, a ver si cuela*
*No cuela*
—Mierda.
*Pienso en robarlo alegando amor al arte*
*Recuerdo que en la cárcel la gente tiene que releer los mismos libros porque nunca hay de nuevos*
—Mierda.
*Dejo el libro de mala gana y me voy del Abacus cabreada por no ser rica*
Alyaa
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I relate to this more than I’d like to admit.
Jasmine
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute would like my close friends to read it while also thinking of me without me having to direct them to it.
Berna Labourdette
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bpd, graphic-novel
Una sorpresa muy bella. Había leído algunos cómics sueltos que me habían gustado mucho, pero no había asociado que era la misma ilustradora. Es un libro muy sencillo, pero lleno de poesía y nostalgia, donde leemos la carta que un ser antropomorfo le escribe a un amigoqueesmásquesuamigoperonoessunovio, expresando sus sentimientos y lo mucho que le importa.
Bill
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Friendship is an awkward thing, and it's difficult to discuss the depth of one's friendship with someone without it seeming like a pretense for suggesting a romantic relationship. This short and sweet book doesn't resolve that issue, but it does illustrate it (quite literally) and bring that awkwardness up for discussion.

While I appreciate that it brings up a topic that is unusually verboten, I have to admit that I would be pretty creeped out if one of my friends actually, say, gave me this as a
Camille
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, kindle-prime
Super cute and super light comic to read. Made my cup of tea feel warmer than it was.
Victoria
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I brought I Think I Am In Friend Love With You to my regular café and finished it in the time it took for me to finish my macchiato (the real kind, not the long tall S*Bucks kind, so a two-gulper). It's that short. "ohhh!" I said. Then my friend who happened to be sitting next to me picked it up and read it. He smiled. Then one of those cafe regulars who's not really a friend but you talk to all the time grabbed it from the bar, flipped thought it, and yelled out, "Friend Zone!" What's great abo ...more
Michael
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Umm...This book is about telling someone close to you how much you mean to them, and that's great. BUT...it kind of does it wrong.
This book can come off as kind of desperate and creepy!

If you want to tell someone how you feel in a friendship, this does it...sort of well...but for the most part, you may want to think it over. Like saying "I desperatly want you to think i am a super awesome person", that's trying too hard! Just say "I want you to know that we are both super awesome together, huh?
Jericho Eames
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I love how cute it is but mostly I loved how it managed to convey the emotions. It spoke to me, like this book is what I feel and how I feel. I'm not ready for love and this is the closest that I will ever come to ever being in love I guess. I love how raw and visceral this book is, albeit short. I literally finished it in 10 minutes and I loved it. While flipping through the pages, I kept smiling, being reminded of how real this is. THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS BOOK INTO EXISTENCE!
Bryndís
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ha_tbr-read, ha_pages
just ok. The concept is great, a different kind of relationship. It is relatable, but just a little flat. Wasn't a huge fan of the artwork too.
Iroquois
funny and sweet book that you can gift to current friends and people you want to be friends in a declaration of friendship:)
Sophie Brookover
A super-quick read that will charm and resonate with anyone who's had that feeling of hope and tenterhooks-ness that comes with making a new super-awesome friend.
JumbleofJargon
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: live organisms
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! I BESEECH YOU TO READ IT! <(^.^)>
Kendy
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
heartwarming!
Huda
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life happens, love happens.. Does friend-love happen too? How often I wonder !
Samantta S.
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bueno, las ilustraciones son hermosas, sin embargo, no me sentí cercana a la historia... Se trata de un ser que se siente atraída/o- amorosamente y románticamente de un amigo/a pero de una forma amistosa, platónica... Escribe una carta donde le explica qué es lo que realmente siente o intenta explicarlo.

Me gustó el final, fue algo muy bueno.

Sí quieren pasar un rato agradable o si alguna vez se han sentido así les recomiendo este libro.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
I originally bought this book for my irl bff's birthday, and of course, I read through it first before thinking of actually giving it to her.

I do appreciate the sentiment behind this book, platonic love is very important, but since the bff and I are queer and have a flirty platonic relationship, it would be weird to give her this one lol

This book was a little too "no homo" for me personally.
Ken Yuen
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Relatable.

Sometimes books give language to feelings that are hard to express otherwise.
Kris
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awww, an adorable ode to platonic friendship. Friendship is just as important as romantic love, and I love that this little book acknowledges that. Sweet.
Leandro
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: webcomic
Am.... esto es triste.
Supongo que pasa......y mucho.
El amor platónico sigue siendo amor.
Luna Isham
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute!

This book is the most perfect example of platonic love in have ever seen. It is so sweet and touching and I love it so much!
Bonnie
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only thing sweeter than the premise of this cute book is being gifted this book. D'aww :3
Cindy
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lectura obligada para todos los seres humanos.
Luisa Villalta
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I could read this a thousand times (and I have read it quite often since I found it). It's very relatable and sweet.
Ceren Uzuner
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Accuraat wel. Leuke illustraties. Dat was het.
  • Kiss and Tell: A Romantic Résumé, Ages 0 to 22
  • Lily Renee, Escape Artist: From Holocaust Survivor to Comic Book Pioneer
  • The Case of the Simple Soul (Bad Machinery, #3)
  • Alone Forever: The Singles Collection
  • Photobooth: A Biography
  • It Never Happened Again: Two Stories
  • IF U DONT LOVE THE MOON YOUR AN ASS HOLE
  • Lost in NYC: A Subway Adventure: A TOON Graphic
  • The Fart Party, Vol. 2
  • Make Yourself Happy
  • Secret Coders (Secret Coders, #1)
  • Darkroom: A Memoir in Black and White
  • Not Funny Ha-Ha: A Handbook for Something Hard
  • Cat Person
  • Frowns Need Friends Too
  • Collected Screenplays 1: Jokes / Gummo / julien donkey-boy
  • Nine Ways to Disappear
  • The Isobel Journal
California-based comic artist and illustrator Yumi Sakugawa's work has featured everything from lonely one-eyed monsters to an ode to The Baby-Sitters Club character Claudia Kishi. Her off-beat comics that explore the trials and tribulations of human interaction have been featured in Sadie Magazine and The Rumpus and her comic zine Mundane Fortunes for the Next Ten Billion Years And Other Stories ...more
More about Yumi Sakugawa

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Wednesday Sisters
  • Allie and Bea
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • All the Summer Girls
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Girl From the Train
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Winds (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters, #3)
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Fear of Flying
    $19.99 $1.99
  • A Virtuous Woman (Oprah's Book Club)
    $15.95 $1.99
“Because what you find to be beautiful, funny and heartbreaking in this world... is what I find to be beautiful, funny and heartbreaking in this world.” 6 likes