Start by marking “A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)

A Night of Southern Comfort

(The Boys Are Back in Town #1)

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN B00BFQDDZ2

One night of passion...

Detective Jackson Cantrell never imagined that one night with an irresistible stranger would turn his life upside down. He's spent years living in the shadows, but Dr. Michaela Roarke awakened a passion inside him he'd buried years ago.

He never expected the woman would turn out to be the
Published June 14th 2012 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about A Night of Southern Comfort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Night of Southern Comfort

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession

A Night of Southern Comfort was the first book in the Boys are Back In Town Series by Robin Covington and I really enjoyed it. This is my first taste of Robin Covington and I really liked her writing style. Jack our hero was very very sexy. He had so much southern charm. He was a ex marine and a detective so double yummy. Military Men, Cops, and firefighters are a total weakness of mine so Jack was right up my alley. He was sweet and protective and I just loved him. Michaela was great too. She w
Anne OK
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne OK by: Ronlyn Howe
Shelves: 2012-reads
FULL REVIEW POSTED

4.5 Stars

I’ll curb my thirst with - “A Night of Southern Comfort” Jackson Cantrell style - over that other “stuff” any old day! With this debut, Robin Covington hooks readers immediately with a genuine scorcher wrapped in what I would call a near-perfect cover. From the first page through the last page, the romance and suspense in this novel was captivating and intriguing. It is well crafted with characters that you’ll find no problem connecting with. The action is well-paced a
Saly
h/H have a one night stand where they exchange fake names it is something the heroine wants, the start of her new life. It suits the hero as well since he is the loner type doing undercover work. When they meet again it is under different circumstances, she is back at her father's house, the Governor who is a major dick and finds out the hero is a detective. He is actually former FBI whose last mission made him resign and will do anything to get his old job back, even agree to keep an eye on her ...more
Nicola Marsh
I never gush about a book unless I really, really love it.

And boy, did I love this book!

I'm staggered that it's Robin Covington's debut novel...talking about setting the bar high!

In Kayla and Jack she has created two wonderful characters, well-matched in their independence and hidden vulnerabilities.

And the sexual tension between them? Sizzles off every page.

With wickedly hot sex and sparkling dialogue, this book was a winner.
I hated putting it down and can't wait for the follow ups with Teague,
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡

From the beginning, I was hooked on this could-not-put-it-down book! With a GORGEOUS cover that gives us a clear picture of the 2 main characters in this story! Kayla & Jackson

Entagled Publishing has done it again.. they have taken yet another amazing author on board!!

The story starts off with a sizzling hot one-night-stand.. And then the real suspence begins to suck us in.. this story has it all, a lot of
Kimberly Kincaid
Sizzling hot! The chemistry between Jackson and Michaela leaps off the page right from the start and it never wanes. I was invested in these two right from the word go, and the fast-paced story didn't disappoint. Sexy with a dangerous edge, and a wonderful, quick read.
Sunny
A Night of Southern Comfort
Robin Covington

4.5 stars.
Jackson Cantrell
Kayla Roarke

I saw this book by way of author Laura Kaye's book review. I checked it out. Normally, I do not like covers with faces. I like to imagine what the characters look like based on the author's descriptions. But the intensity on the faces immediately caught my attention and it accurately portrays what's inside the cover (or in this case between Kindle swipes). Dr. Michaela "Kayla" Roarke and Detective Jackson Cantrell b
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
My Blog: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

A Night of Southern Comfort is a Sizzling Hot read with the added element of mystery and intrigue to keep you engaged to the very end.

Kayla decides to celebrate a new chapter in her life with a one night stand….no names, just one night of hot, sweaty, wall banging sex and oh boy does Jackson ever deliver…
“What the hell were you supposed to do when your fantasy showed up in your reality?”

The characters in the book are well dra
Laura Kaye
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robin Covington's debut novel sizzles with sexual chemistry! From their first scorching moment together, Jackson and Michaela/Kayla are hot for one another, and Robin makes you believe this immediate attraction. Throw in a forced proximity situation, imminent danger, a man trying to prove himself over a prior tragedy, and a woman fighting for an independent life away from a powerful, manipulative father, and you have so much conflict and drama you'll fly through the pages! At least I sure did! R ...more
Heidi
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detective Jackson Cantrell is charged with the responsibility of protecting Dr Michaela Roarke from a stalker. Romantic suspense which gets into it right from the get-go! Not "over the top" in any one area, ie suspense, drama, characters - just a nice read with some really good sex scenes. 3 1/2 solid stars.
Yvonne
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This was a really nice surprise. This is a new author for me and I loved her writing style. The Hero was dreamy and the heroine didn't get on my last nerve (although I really wish she wasn't sooooo perfect - she's a doctor and she looks like Gweynth Paltrow!?!) Oh well, I still had a great time and can't wait to read about the rest of "the boys".

Marulett
"I wasnt looking for a man at all. That changed when I saw you. I picked you because I couldnt not pick you".

I loved this book, Kayla and Jack are really easy to connect with and I found myself completely hooked with the story by end of chapter 1.

Review to come :)

"Date me. Move in with me. Marry me. Make me beg. I dont care".
Hank Edwards
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't read very much hetero romance. It's not a slam against the genre, it's just that I'm gay and write m/m romance, so I tend to stick to my area of expertise, shall we say?

But this book may have changed all that.

I'm a sucker for a good suspense thriller, and Robin Covington dishes one helluva good one up here in her first book. It didn't hurt that the characters drew me in, fragile Michaela with a spine of steel, and hot, hunky, withdrawn Jackson. They meet for a steamy, sexy one night ...
Catherine
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
I love a ‘One Night Stand’ that isn’t. Ms. Covington has carefully crafted a sensual blend of hot sexual attraction with old fashion small town life. Although I didn’t find anything unexpected between the pages, each one was worth spending time reading.
This is an author to watch.

NYT's Bestselling Author ~ Catherine Bybee
Ann
Completely biased review. I edited this book and love it.

I'm going to leave the stars off, since I don't want to be seen as influencing the rating.

Mostly I'm adding this as read for my own personal yearly book count.
~Mindy Lynn~
Kindle Freebie on Amazon 6/29/17
All her life Michaela has been controlled by a father who has just used his family to advance his political career. What she wants more than anything is to be allowed to live her life in peace and keep out of the spotlight and it looks like her father has finally given into her demands. Her night out to celebrate takes a heated turn for the better when she spots Jackson in the hotel bar. Promising herself just one night of scorching hot sex before settling into her new quiet life in a small town ...more
Pamela
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Rate: 4.5

Michaela Roarke goes out to celebrate her new life, not expecting anything more than to have a drink or two alone at a bar, but when she see Jackson Cantrell in his tux, her plans change. Although they knew that their anonymous night tonight was just that, one night, they never forgot.

When they meet again, a month later, the sparks are still there, but now Michaela is in danger and the prime suspect is her controlling father. Governor Eastland forces Jackson to watch over his daughter.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
HOLY BATMAN AND ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know about anyone else but I have to say that Entangled has cornered the market in romance and bad boys. They have had a succession of books that will knock you off your feet and keep you wishing there was more and more of those bad boys to read. In A Night of Southern Comfort Robin has taken on a roller coaster ride where suspense and romance leaves you breathless.

Lord have mercy on me can I just say that Jackson Andrew Cantrell is a man I NEED TO CLONE!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

This book starts off blazing hot, and doesn’t cool down until you read the last page. Ms. Covington does an invigorating job describing these characters in a way that makes them come to life. You do more than just read about their conflicts, it feels as though you are experiencing their emotions as well.

Michaela is the daughter of a governor. He is a single father and his children have been nothing more than props for him in gaining the sympathy
Pat
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some advice for readers starting this novel. Keep a glass of something very cold nearby....your going to need it!

We meet a young beautiful woman in a hotel bar celebrating a new turn in her life. Across the room is a group of very handsome men playing pool, all in tuxes. One of these sexy men catches her eye. She was actually looking at his butt! He comes across the room and she asks if he would like a drink. Thus begins a night of passion that totally unnerves her. She has never done a one nigh
Victoria
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One night, fake names, chemistry so hot it can scald… and then you walk away. But what happens when the sexy guy you pick up at the hotel bar and left the next morning you end up running into again, in your father’s living room? Awkward! It’s even worse when you’re the governors grown daughter and your dad is trying to manipulate your life by controlling everything. That’s what happens to Michaela. And while Jackson Cantrell doesn’t normally do anything he doesn’t want to do, Michaela dad’s has ...more
Renee
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what a great book. I love when I get immersed into the book and feel the characters in the first chapter. I loved Detective Jackson Cantrell (Jack) and Dr. Michaela Roarke (everyone calls he Dr Mike). When the book started I have to say the main reason I liked it was Michaela, she was the aggressor and pursued Jack. All is hot and steamy and then he wakes up and she is gone. A few weeks later the story gets woven into a political intrigue and a scandal. Someone takes pictures of Michaela wit ...more
Carmen Falcone
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What to say about Kayla and Jackson? :)
I miss them already :D

A Night of Southern Comfort is a sexy read. After a hot one-night stand, Kayla and Jackson meet again. This time, he has to protect her against a stalker. Oh, and yes, she's the Governor's daughter.

But this book wasn't just about their sizzling attraction... her relationship with her father made me feel bad for her. When she tells Jackson "Stay away from me. I'm not worth the trouble" my chest tightened.

And Jackson must come to terms
Incy Black
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, I give this a 4.5 rating (and the sex scenes at least a 6 because you can feel the heat, smell the sweat but their inclusion is neither contrived nor gratuitous.)

Jack and Michaela are sufficiently believable that if you reached out to touch them their skin would depress beneath your fingertips.

The romance is hot and engaging throughout and the only reason I withheld a .5 so as not to award a full five star rating is because the ending as far as plot is concerned was a little light for
Heather in FL
I'm glad I came back to read #1 after having read #3 first. The story was interesting, the characters were interesting. I really loved it when he thought he'd been a random guy at the hotel, but she told him that she hadn't gone to the hotel looking for a guy. That when she saw him, she felt like she had to have him. And the epilogue was cute in that it was reminiscent of that initial meeting. On to #2...
Nikki
This is only my second book by Robin Covington and she once again proves she's got talent! I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was a sweet and sexy book with a side of a stalker thrown in. Even though at one point I kinda had a strong feeling as to the culprit, I really enjoyed how Robin did the big reveal. I'm glad Jack and Kayla got their hea! :) And I'm looking forward to the other guys' books too! *swoon*
Jen
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pleasant surprise. The story in and of itself doesn't break any new ground as far as contemporary romances go, but I enjoyed her writing style. Kayla could've come off as stuffy and boring but the author made sure to give her a distinctive and sometimes kick ass personality, especially when dealing with her overbearing father. Jack was the average "I don't want a relationship" kind of guy but still managed to pull off the hotness. Good reading all the way around.
Rhayne
This book is the whole package. It’s packed with adventure and action. We get hot sex and sweaty sheets. Complete with a crazy stalker and small town gossip. If you’re looking for a book that is edgy and keeps you pulled in from the beginning to the end, you won’t want to miss out on this one.

Complete Review posted here: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews...
Elisabeth Staab
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A super delicious, quick, suspenseful page-turner. Highly recommended!
Goodreads Librari...: Literary Award listed incorrectly 3 155 Nov 08, 2012 08:19PM
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • Florentine's Hero (Sisters of McDougal Ranch, #4)
  • When Honey Got Married
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Not The Marrying Kind
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting to Win, #1-3)
  • Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire
  • Wife in Name Only
  • Wife for Hire (For Hire, #1)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
A USAToday bestseller, Robin Covington loves to explore the theme of fooling around and falling in love in her books. Her stories burn up the sheets. . .one page at a time. When she's not writing she's collecting tasty man candy, indulging in a little comic book geek love, hoarding red nail polish and stalking Chris Evans.

A 2016 RITA® Award nominee, Robin's books have won the Golden Leaf Award and

The Boys Are Back in Town (4 books)
  • His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town, #2)
  • Sweet Southern Betrayal (The Boys are Back in Town, #3)
  • Southern Nights & Secrets (The Boys are Back in Town, #4)
“I wasn´t looking for a man at all. That changed when I saw you. I picked you because I couldn´t not pick you".” 13 likes