Start by marking “Torch (Take It Off, #1)” as Want to Read:
Torch (Take It Off, #1)

Torch

(Take It Off #1)

If you cant take the heat stay away from the flame.

Katie Parks has been on her own since the age of fifteen. All shes ever wanted is a place to call her owna life that is wholly hers that no one can take away. She thought she finally had it, but with the strike of a single match, everything she worked so hard for is reduced to a pile of smoking ash. And she almost is too.

Published August 13th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Torch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torch

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiAlways by Kindle Alexander
2014 Must Reads
2,046 books — 2,367 voters
Trial by Fire by Jo DavisWild Heat by Bella AndrePoor Little Daddy's Girl by Normandie AllemanSneaking a Peek by Eden SummersUnder Fire by Jo Davis
Firemen Are Hot.....
187 books — 338 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Torch (Take It Off, #1)
Maddi
Sep 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is how I felt the story went

A Girls How To Guide on How To Turn Being Stalked Into Getting A Boyfriend:

Step 1: Have you woken up in the middle of the night tied to a chair in your living room? Do you not know how you got into that position?

BUT WAIT, maybe that hooded figure in the corner will help you! Quick, call out to him for help!

Oh what? He set the room on fire instead? Weird.. I thought the stranger in your house who tied you to a chair would be helpful

description

Step 2: Now try not to panic
This was an okay NA romance, but I didnt love it.

The characters in this were both okay, but I didnt love them. It was unfortunate the way Katie lost her house etc. but I just didnt care all that much.
Holt seemed to be a hero-type, but he seemed to have achieved an awful lot for his years. Im not sure youd find many guys who were fire-chiefs at 24-years-old, and divorced already!

The storyline in this revolved around someone wanting to kill Katie, and it wasnt really obvious why anyone would be
Kiki
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as dnf
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Light me Up Stars

I see the mixed reviews and I wouldnt say Torch was bad, but just a very ordinary cute book with a fire fighter as the Hero.

Who doesnt like that?

Katie wakes up tied to a chair as her house engulfs in flames. She is about to die when fire fighter Holt saves her.

Someone wants to kill Katie.

Katie doesnt have anyone. She wakes up from the hospital and everything she had was destroyed in the fire. She needs someone to help dress her wounds. Holt decides to take Katie in. Even
Barbara➰
**3.5 Stars**

Nice low angst read. The heroine wasn't annoying and I loved Holt, the hero. The final "climax" was a little OTT and a bit contrived but still enjoyable. I really wish it had Holt's POV though. But, his actions and words were enough for me to believe he was a great hero and totally into Katie. I will definitely read a few more in this series.
Janie
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This was just ok for me. Parts I liked and others were just meh. The odd thing is, this whole book is in the heroine's POV yet she felt flatter to me than the H. He seemed more real to me. There are still a couple of other books in this series that I will give a try.
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
FACT 1
EVERY.SINGLE.WOMAN.IN.THE.WORLD.WANTS.TO.DO.A.FIREMAN!

FACT 2
IN OUR HEADS THEY LOOK LIKE THIS...EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

photo Sexy-Firemen-Picture-300x169_zpsc9e99ef1.jpg

FACT 3
A MARINE IS A CLOSE 2ND BUT IF ASKED WHICH MAN IN UNIFORM.. WE WILL REPLY WITH A FIREMAN....

So when I found out this book had a Hero as a fireman.. I was allll over it!

From the first two paragraphs I knew I was going to like this..

"The pungent smell of gasoline stung my nostrils and my head snapped back in repulsion. I opened my eyes and lifted my hands to place
Patrycja
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Why haven't I addicted to GR, fellow book whore seen it before????!!! It just went live on Amazon, so I and my one-click finger have a date :) Doesn't it sound HOOOOTT ?

Link to Torch -- http://amzn.to/1cPBd9Z
UK Link to Torch -- http://amzn.to/18x2ady

If you cant take the heat stay away from the flame.

Carol
An okay read, just enough to keep me interested but the suspense aspect of this romance had some serious credibility issues.

Picked this up as an Amazon freebie - might try some others in this series at a later date.

Do generally tend to like this author's writing - especially loved her "Amnesia" duet .

Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: August 13, 2013
Genre: New Adult. Romantic Suspense.

I will read whatever Cambria Hebert writes because she is one of my all time favorite authors. Within the past year I have read the entire #Hashtag series (new adult, sports, and college romance) and the entire #GearShark series (M/M romances for the most part and racing). So now I am moving along to her Take it Off series (this is the first book) which is a series full of complete standalone novels. So really, I am playing
Lilou
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I don't read much romance, but I sort of liked it. I liked Holt the sexy fireman, the girl was a bit annoying tho. The story was good, i liked the idea. So yeah 4 stars bc i don't read much romance and for the good storyline.
Sammy ⭐️
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, 3-star

Katie has been on her own since she was 15 years old and over the years, has learnt to fend for herself. She doesn't let anyone get too close for fear of loosing them. Until a very persistent firefighter rescues her from near death after someone tries to kill her.

photo torchcastjpg_zps1a838932.jpg

Holt is the towns Chief firefighter, and a man dedicated to his work. After attending a house fire and rescuing the owner, he can't help but feel the need to protect her.

With her house burnt to the ground Katie needs a place
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF, but probably more of a "Will Finish Later." I was not getting the romantic vibe of this and felt it was very repetitive and cliché. It's not a mistery I love this author, but given how this was an earlier work, it could be that it's different from what I usually read by her.

As I said, I'll probably read it again when I'll be more in the mood. It wasn't bad... it just didn't make me feel much of anything.
Mary
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For withstanding the heat. For fighting for your life. Because without you, everything in my life would be cold."

"You don't ever have to worry about that. There will always be a fire burning between us."

Truth be told, I can probably sum up this book in three words: short, steamy, sweet (borderline cheesy: see above quote). I haven't read that much books that had a firefighter in it and so I was really excited to start this one because well, let's face it... them
Monique
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I really the premise of this story. Shy, innocent librarian meets hunky, heroic firefighter.

While I did enjoy this, I'd describe this book as good but not great or really memorable. It was likeable and enjoyable.

I need a firefighter like Holt. He's so dreamy! He's buff, a total hunk, protective and possessive but not controlling, he knows what he wants and doesn't try to hide it or fight it, he's honest and tender, and he's just such a sweetheart.

I didn't really like the way the plot
Julia's Book Haven
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Or should I say, 4.5 smoking hot firefighters? ;)

This book surpised me, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. But it was actually really good! There is a great balance of the suspence and romance and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Plus I loved that until the author wanted you to know, you had no freaking clue who the bad guy was. And even after she tells you, she throws in another twist so you're extra surprised at the end lol. This book is super steamy too, sometimes I
CC
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Re read via audible. I really love this book! Such a sweet story. Holt is an awesome hero. A little damaged by his bitch ex, but so sweet and yet tough. Plus I will take a hot firefighter any day! He was all in with Katie from day one. Katie is having some VERY bad days. But I did not find her annoying at all. Pretty amazing for me!

This is very low angst with a little suspense/danger plot.

Prior comments:

I really enjoyed this one. I read the criticisms about insta-love, cheesy lines, etc but the
M.
May 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF. My time is precious and this is boring.
Heather

Katie is a young woman who has had to take care of herself. She has learned the hard way that you can depend on no-one. Katie is making ends meet doing what she loves, being a librarian. She has a modest home with a pool and she is happy.

Holt is on the local fire department. He is called out to a house fire and finds a young woman bound and unconscious in the middle of a raging inferno. He does what he has to do to save her.

Katie is hospitalized for her burns and smoke inhalation. She is lucky

Kendall {Book Crazy}
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
A contemporary book from the one and only Cambria Hebert with a hot firefighter in it? Sign me up! I think the author kept this book hidden for quite some time before she revealed that she was writing it! The next thing I knew there was a Cover Reveal and ARC sign-ups! It was so fast paced! But I wouldn't have had it any other way! This book was just totally epic! There is just no other word for it! I knew it was going to be hot, but I didn't know it was going to be that hot! I got a glimpse of ...more
Anna-marie
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This had me on the edge of my seat from the start.
Katie has been on her own since she was 15 & has been through the foster care system.
She finally makes a nice little life for herself, untill someone tries to burn her alive!
She is rescued by the gorgeous Holt & the story begins.
Katie has to come to terms with her feelings for Holt & with his help try to find out who wants her dead & why.
Very exciting story. I loved the dynamic between Katie & Holt, very HOT!
An explosive
Heidi
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Four Stars: A thrilling NA suspense novel with a sizzling romance!

Katie wakes to a horrific scene. She is tied to a chair in her own living room. The stench of gasoline assaults her nose. How did she get here when she was sleeping comfortably in her bed? Before Katie can further assess the situation, she hears a sounds that strikes terror into her soul. It is the sound of a match being lit. Quickly, she is engulfed in flames, and she prepares to die, but then someone comes crashing through the
Kim
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
New to me author. This is a MF contemporary story set in USA. I had no real connection to the heroine, Katie. I listened to the audiobook. The male lead, with a Captain of the fire department job, that never works and a police department with questionable procedures and unbelievable evidence processes. I try this author again but not this series. Too unbelievable.
Becca
HA! For some reason I went into this book thinking he was an artist! BWHAHA! Well ladies and gents all I have to say is: Thank Goodness for Firefighters.

So I received this in both for free for an honest review/blog tour. So I warned you about that, another warning for you that I am going to be honest as I would have if I had paid for it. If you dont believe me then okay there is nothing I could do about that. But its the truth.

Song Choice: The First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes, and Safe and
Coco.V
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/27/2019)! 🎁
Sharon
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Someone is trying to kill Katie Parks.

But standing in the way is sexy firefighter Holt Arkain, who appears in the opening scene like a super hero bursting through a wall of flame as he rescues the barely breathing Katie. Big sigh.

So the suspense just builds as does the romance, which is actually kind of sweet until it becomes super steamy. And sweaty. And hot. Natch, cause Holt is a firefighter!

But figuring out who is after Katie and why, well that takes some figuring out.

First in a series of
Jodie
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
What the hell?

I was supposed to be in bed sleeping. The boxers and T-shirt I wore said so.

I was in bed but now I am writing a review for this book because DAMN a fireman just set my bed on fire!! Not lying a hot, alpha, big foot fireman just took over my bed!! Seriously this book grabbed me with the cover and I was all, Oh this is going to give me sweet dreams. Then I started reading and I was like OH YEAH this girl not sleeping!! THANK YOU CAMBRIA!!!

You ready?

It was a simple question.

Oh my
Stephanie Garza
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed with an ARC so tyvm for that now for my spectacular review lol.

Omg, what an intense beginning. My heart was pounding, and I had a white knuckled grip on my kindle paper white like a tick. I started this book like 15 minutes before I had to click on forwork. FYI big mistake! I knew I should have waited because all throughout I was trying sneak peaks while my manager wasn't looking.

I knew better than to read a. Cambria Hebert novel before working! Ugh. I could not put this down.

I
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Torch is the first novel in the Take It Off series by Cambria Hebert. It is a stand alone novel and told from dual first person point-of-views. Im going to be honest, I wasnt sure what I was getting into here. Im a complete Cambria Hebert fan, but to date, Id only read one of her other series. I was scared that I wasnt going to like this one as much but my mind has been set at ease. I loved it! Im beginning to hold Cambrias books to a higher standard, much like I do other of my favorite authors. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Men Under Fire (Grayce Walters, #3)
  • Love Over Logic (Desert Monsoon, #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Damaged
  • Nothing to Fear (Blackbridge, #1)
  • Dead of Winter (Aspen Falls #1)
  • The Devil's Gamble (Lost Coast Harbor, #4)
  • Black Dawn Boxed Set
  • An Unlikely Setup (Welcome to Otter Tail Book 1)
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Fractured Farrells Box Set: A Damaged Billionaire Series: Books 1-3
  • Big Bad Boys Bundle, (Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3, 1-3)
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • Red Blooded: Trey, Jack, Jimmy (Red Hot & Blue #1-3)
  • Jockeys and Jewels (Racetrack Romance, #3)
  • Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team, #1)
  • A Little Consequence (Texas Firefighters, #2)
  • Survive the Night (24 Hours - Final Countdown Book 1)
  • Trouble in a Tight Dress (Six Points Security, #1)

Cambria Hebert is a latte sipping author of the Heven & Hell series, the Death Escorts series, and the Take It Off series. She loves a caramel latte, hates math and is afraid of chickens (yes, chickens). She went to college for a bachelors degree, couldnt pick a major and ended up with a degree in cosmetology. So rest assured her characters will always have good hair. She currently lives in

Take It Off (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Tease (Take It Off, #2)
  • Tempt (Take It Off, #3)
  • Text (Take It Off, #4)
  • Tipsy (Take It Off, #5)
  • Tricks (Take It Off, #6)
  • Tattoo (Take It Off, #7)
  • Tryst (Take It Off, #8)
  • Taste (Take It Off, #9)
  • Trashy (Take It Off #10)
  • Taxi (Take It Off #11)