Start by marking “The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)

The Infinite Sea

(The 5th Wave #2)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  103,032 Ratings  ·  11,444 Reviews
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal:
Published September 16th 2014 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Sea, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ashleigh IM NOT EVEN GUNNA LIE!! i will die a little bit inside if he doesn't come back, ben is cool and all, but EVAN is "it" she needs to be with him.
Midnight Summers I think Ben's better with Cassie... And Ringer... with Razor...

Emily May
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, sci-fi, 2014
I really LOVED The 5th Wave. I read it in the middle of my college exams and it was the only thing that kept me sane in between studying. The atmosphere was just right, the writing was engaging to me, and I thought each of the characters brought something important to the table. Such love is hard to follow.

When I opened this book I was both excited and nervous. My expectations were so high that I knew it was dangerous. And, what can I say? I really needn't have worried. There is something so utt
Montana
I need this book.
Need it.
I'd kill for it.
I. Need. This. Book. NOW.
Rick Yancey, you better hurry up. I know, I know, it takes time to write a masterpiece.
But.
Really?
I just can't...my whole life is waiting.
-City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
-House of Hades (Heros of Olympus, #4)
-The 5th Wave #2
-Allegiant (Divergent #3)
-The Seeker/The Soul (The Host #2, #3)
-Lady Midnight/Prince of Shadows/ Queen of Air and Darkkness (The Dark Artifacts, #1, #2, #3)
-World Aft
Christine Riccio
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as book one, but i still love these characters! Here's my full review/ booktalk with all the feels: http://youtu.be/O9LfR2RHY7Y
Nick
____________________________________________
“That’s the cost. That’s the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you’re left with humans with no humanity.

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”

____________________________________________

Definitely not disappointing!

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

First I want to say something. Before reading this, I heard many many bad reviews and things about this book, and if

Kat O'Keeffe
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
I liked this book, but after the awesomeness of The 5th Wave, it was somewhat of a let down. The writing, world, and characters were all fantastic, but the story was hard for me to get into, especially in the first 100 pages or so, which I felt kind of dragged. Things picked up and the book definitely ended on a high note, but that didn't quite make up for the beginning. I'm still invested in the series and can't wait to get my hands on the final book, but I don't think this was a very strong in ...more
Rejoice Jackson
Shannon (leaninglights)
I just finished this and forgot everything that happened because nothing happened.
Cynn
Oct 18, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
THAT COVEEER

¿September 2014?

I need the fucking book right now!

I can't wait

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN

Natalie Monroe
*zero spoilers for the first book*

Good morning, The Infinite Sea. I'm afraid I have some bad news. You're suffering from a bad case of Second Book Syndrome.

It's a common affliction in the YA middle child. Symptoms include dragging narrative, long periods of character inertia, lack of substantial plot, and padding. While it's not contagious, people reading you may experience boredom or frustration.

There's no known cure, I'm afraid. You're going to have to wait it out. I'd advise a year long quar
Reading Corner
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I definitely prefer The Fifth Wave to this book but The Infinite Sea doesn't fail to deliver and is an excellent sequel.The plot isn't as engrossing as the first book, due to the unveiled mystery but this book still manages to reel you into the unwinding chaos and takes hold of your emotions.

The writing is fantastic, as it submerges you into the catastrophe and fear the characters have to bear, in order to survive.The characters struggle is really felt in this novel, as all of the characters are
Zaira
We have a title and a publication date!!

description

Waiting for this book which I don't even know the title.

Melanie Mertens
Omfg.

I'm completely blown away by what the first book did to me.

I'm going to be honest here: I didn't like Evan from the start. For me, it always was Cassie and Ben.
I was okay with the friendship-bonding thing between Ben and Ringer, but Cassie and Evan? I was just sitting there like "NO! NO! DON'T FREAKIN' TOUCH HER!"

I mean, HE HAS BEEN STALKING YOU FOR HOW LONG NOW? A MONTH? Ew. That's just creepy. And come on, Rick Yancey. Please don't go all Twilight on us, like "Uh oh no, I am an alien, you
Reading Teen
Why I DNF'd this book:

I am so sad that this book was such a disappointment.

I loved The Fifth Wave so much. I mean, 5-star-loved it! From beginning to end, that book had me captivated. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I finally decided . . .

I'm not finishing this book.

Excessive, redundant, unneeded, superfluous. These are the words that came to mind over and over as I was trudging through the first 2/3 of this book. I was just so bored. The first half of the book is filled with endless
Eris
May 20, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
August 2014?

Jasmine
Even the stars will wink out one by one and there will be no light or heat, and this is the war, the endless, futile war against the lightless, heatless void rushing toward us.

[Impressive Reading Experience]
Oh, wow, the most enjoyable thing while reading this is that I'm completely amazed by how perfect and powerful Rick Yancey's words are. He's indeed an extraordinary writer because he never fails to overwhelm you with seemingly simple descriptions yet you'll feel the strength and emotion
Juliana Zapata
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Tengo que reconocer que esta parte de la historia me sorprendió bastante, aunque no tuvo tan buen ritmo como el primer libro, si tuvo mucha mas profundidad, no solo en el mundo que creó el autor sino también en cada uno de los personajes principales de este segundo libro de la saga.

Después del primer libro quedaron muchas preguntas y la mayoría de ellas fueron resueltas en "El mar infinito" el mundo esta cada vez mas desolado y los alienigenas nos están ganando el planeta. No hay una resistencia
Angela
re read this book this month and it was even more amazing the second time around

I dont think anyone should or really could write a review to sum up how amazing this book is!!!! Reading it this time I noticed so many tiny things that make up so many big moments. And this book again has stolen my heart and messed with my head.
So for now all I will say is, Rick Yancey has done it again... Brilliant
I just can't understand how anyone couldn't like this series!

Read review for this book and others
Dylan Williams
Nov 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This books was a train wreck, and I really did not like it. I read the 5th wave about a year ago, and whilst I didn't think it was anything special, I did enjoy myself while reading it. This book however, has all of the exact same problems just to far greater extremes.

Let's start with the basics; this books is a really poorly structured sequel. The story jumps straight back into where it left off in the 5th wave, without any refresher of who these people are, what they are doing, and what the p
Regan
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEFORE READING
Why can't I have this book freaking now?! Oh yeah! That's because it comes out in like what, August...of 2014?!?! UGH!!! I am SICK of cliffhangers! After what Rick Riordan did to me, I don't think I can take it! Wait...Rick Riordan...Rick Yancey...OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The Rick's are Cliffhanger kings!!! -.- why, just why?

AFTER READING
Warning. This review may contain spoilers. You have been warned. Don't go crying if you read something from here and you haven't gotten that far. No
Anja
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.25 SILENT STARS*

"People die. Love endures."

I didn't love this book as much as I loved the prequel, but it was pretty enjoyable nonetheless!
By the way, I completely forgot I still had to write this review, oops! Basically, most of what happened in this one was everyone getting their bearings and it felt like more of an extremely long prequel to the third book, which I honestly can't wait to read.

Though the first half of this book was pretty boring, the second part was seriously awe-inspiring
Kim
The good news everyone is dying for: NO LOVE TRIANGLE. In fact, there's hardly a romantic component to this book at all.

If anything there is (view spoiler)

And there's no cliffhanger! Not rea
Arah-Lynda
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-eh, i-said, top
This is an alien invasion, right? And if you had any doubts after reading The 5th Wave just how far these beings out of time and space will go in search of dominion over this planet and its indigenous occupants, the opening chapter of The Infinite Sea will erase blast those doubts into smithereens. It grabs you by the throat and whispers wetly in your ear…..”Listen Up Chump!”

We pick up with Cassie right where book one ended. She’s got Sams, with his bedraggled bear, as well as Zombie and the re
Trina (Between Chapters)
Reread in May 2016.
Rating:
3.5 stars because I keep wavering between 3 and 4.
Updated review:
In my original review (below) I said this book felt like filler and didn't advance the plot much. Upon rereading, I actually disagree with my previous statements. Reading the first 2 books back to back gave me a much bigger picture. And again, the story follows the same pattern as the first book by having one group on the outside, and one group on the inside of the whole alien operation, which I feel lend
Lorena
May 27, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I need this book now! WHAT HAPPENS TO EVAN! I DOT WANT HIM TO BE DEAD!!!
Leahxx
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So basically at first I was like, "Eh, this book is pretty mediocre compared to the first." And then as the book progressed I was like, "HOLY COW THIS BOOK IS FABULOUS." So yeah, I am completely and 100% in love with this book. I mean is it better than the first one? Hard to say, but they're pretty close.

!!!!!!!! SPOILERS. !!!!!!!

1. Wow, so Razor? Yeah, I want one. How is it that all these super attractive and amazing guys are surviving this apocalypse? I would really love to know. Because if t
Sarah Taft
If there's an intense, Twilight-esque love triangle, I'M GOING TO MOTHERFUCKING PUNCH EVERYBODY IN SIGHT I'm going to cry really, really, really hard.

Evan's the choice. It's not Ben. It never has been Ben. And godmotherfuckingdammit it never will be Ben.

Cassie saved Evan. Evan's ALWAYS liked Cassie. Therefore Evan + Cassie = happy book.

That is all.
Dannii Elle
First Read: June 2016, Rating: 4 Stars
Second Read: October 2018, Rating: 4 Stars

I have only one thing to say: vincit qui patitur.
Heather 'Bookables'
I was patiently waiting for this book all year. If your not new to my Youtube channel, then you will know how much I LOVED The 5th Wave. I thought it was amazingly written, creepy and I just fell in love hard with it. So it's safe to say I had huge expectations for the sequel.

It didn't meet them though to me.
The first problem I have with it is that it's 160 pages shorter than the first book. Granted the first book isn't an insanely long book, it clocks in at 460 pages but to have a sequel only 3
UCAS English 10 H...: February Reading Assignment 1 3 Feb 15, 2018 10:07PM
2018-2019 Reading...: This topic has been closed to new comments. The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2) 6 153 Aug 20, 2017 10:02PM
Love triangle or not? 72 1624 Jul 07, 2017 06:56AM
Around the Year i...: The Infinite Sea, by Rick Yancy 3 47 Jun 24, 2017 08:50PM
Read-along: Leitura Extra - Abril - The Infinite Sea 56 35 May 18, 2017 03:06PM
is230-808-2017: The Infinite Sea 15 11 Mar 19, 2017 08:12PM
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3)
  • In the End (In the After, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • Please Remain Calm (This Is Not a Test, #1.5)
  • Avalon (Avalon, #1)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
aka Richard Yancey

Rick is a native Floridian and a graduate of Roosevelt University in Chicago. He earned a B.A. in English which he put to use as a field officer for the Internal Revenue Service. Inspired and encouraged by his wife, he decided his degree might also be useful in writing books and in 2004 he began writing full-time.

Since then he has launched two critically acclaimed series: The Ext

The 5th Wave (3 books)
  • The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
  • The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”
295 likes
“When you look death in the eye and death blinks first, nothing seems impossible.” 250 likes