Start by marking “My Little Monster, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
My Little Monster, Vol. 1

My Little Monster, Vol. 1

(Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  5,384 Ratings  ·  205 Reviews
OPPOSITES ATTRACT... MAYBE?

Haru Yoshida is feared as an unstable and violent "monster." Shizuku Mizutani is a grade-obsessed student with no friends. Fate brings these two together to form the most unlikely pair. Haru firmly believes he's in love with Shizuku and she firmly believes he's insane.
Published March 11th 2014 by Kodansha Comics (first published January 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about My Little Monster, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Kelly I have read the whole series and didn't find anything majorly inappropriate in it, but I would say that it is best for a teen audience. So, I would…moreI have read the whole series and didn't find anything majorly inappropriate in it, but I would say that it is best for a teen audience. So, I would personally recommend for 13 year olds and up.(less)

Maria Clara
Un buen inicio; veremos cómo continua... 😊
Christine
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The socially awkward, rom/com manga lovers
Shelves: favorites, manga
I watched the anime first, and wrote a review for it because I just adored it so much. I then went on to read the manga, which I adored even more! For simplicity and organization's sake, I am going to copy/paste that review here since it would essentially be the same.

Within the first few minutes of the show, I felt bombarded with clear signals of mental instability within almost every main character. I immediately started getting annoyed, thinking that my decision to watch a seemingly corny high
Sonja
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Shizuku ist ein Mädchen, für das nur das Lernen zählt. Sie hat keine Freunde und auch keine Hobbys. Die Schule und gute Noten stehen an erster Stelle für sie. Als sie dem Schulschwänzer Haru begegnet, hängt dieser sich an Shizuku und geht ihretwegen sogar wieder zur Schule. Anfangs ist Shizuku total genervt von ihm, aber mit der Zeit wächst er ihr doch ans Herz...

Mein Leseeindruck:

Ich weiß nicht genau, was ich von diesem Manga erwartet habe, aber auf jeden Fall hat die Story mich in einigen Punk
Pinky
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's been awhile since I've read a manga. This was the first anime I ever watched, and I hated how it ended. The anime was awesome, but it didn't have a good conclusion. I wanted more, but I was left disappointed. But then I heard that there was a manga and that it was much better, so I thought I would give this a go, and I am so glad I did.

"If you don't hold any regret in your choice, that means you must've made the right decision."

Shizuku is a girl who cares about her studies, she works ha
Inés Izal
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3,5/5
Andy

Let's just say I never knew this manga existed. Ok...maybe I did see the cover once or twice while I was aimlessly scrolling through shoujo stuff to read but meh it never really caught my eye. I feel like kicking myself now because if I had seen this earlier, yesterday would not have been the boring day it was.

Anyways this manga had one of those cute fluffy story lines. Now let me tell you straight up cute and fluffy repetitive plots earn only a 3 star rating from me because I tend to get bore
Mary
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
It was SO PROMISING until he threatened to rape her. I mean, I get that the mangaka was trying to go for comedy but NOOOOOOO that is not funny in the slightest. And now I'm supposed to pretend that didn't happen? That one scene just left a bad taste in my mouth and I won't be continuing this.
Ady Weasley
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-to-read
Hace tiempo vi el anime en Netflix si no me equivoco, y la verdad me encanto, y cuando anunció Panini que la iba a publicar sabia que tenía que comprarla.

Al igual que el anime me encanto él manga, me hizo reír mucho y es obvio une la seguiré comprando.

Shizuku Mizutani es una chica a la cual le interesa solo el estudio, por culpa de un favor a la maestra conoce a Haru Yoshida un chico extraño que no ha ido a la escuela por un mal entendido , y es así como comienza esta extraña historia de amor
Alejandra De La Fuente
So TNKK, as I will be dubbing it since the full name is pretty long, is a fantastic shoujo about a young girl called Shizuku. She is a total workaholic; all she cares about is studying and her grades so she can grow up and become a career woman like her mother. However, one day she is assigned to deliver homework to a student called Haru (who is emotionally crippled and kind of an idiot despite the IQ) and because of him accepting her as his first friend (against her will), she ends up meeting a ...more
Fatemeh
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
با اینکه خیلی خیلی کیوت تر از تصورم بود ولی شیوه ی روایت داستان یکم اذیتم کرد. حس می کردم نویسنده خیلی اصرار داشته که وان شات باشه این مانگا:/ که خب نمی دونم واقعا درسته یا نه، اما روایت داستان زیادی سریع بود. از این جهت که نشون داده بود عشق یه شبه ایجاد نمیشه خوب بود ولی اصلا وقایع این بین خوب پردازش نشده بودن. توی یه صفحه یهو داستان سریع جلو می رفت :|
اما خب، هارو شخصیت خیلی جالبی داره و دختره - که اسمشو یادم نمیاد:/ - تا حدخیلی زیادی برام قابل تصور و درکه. دوست دارم بیشتر از رابطه شون بخونم :)
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I first watched the anime to this on Netflix ans fell in love with it. However like some animes it ended too abruptly and now I have to read the mangas to see what happens s next. Someone gave me the first copy. Shall read the rest online though.

First volume was cute and enjoyable. Ends on a cliffhanger
Kate
3/5stars

hmm... I'm very neutral to 'meh' about this one. The premise is VERY similar to "Honey So Sweet" that I've obviously been loving, so I was hoping I'd love this one too... but I honestly don't have much of a desire to continue.

(if you don't like comparing books/manga to other books/manga don't read ahead)

Basically, where Onise in HSS is actually a secret softie and a cutie and only punches people for hurting turtles, the boy in this one - Haru - is just annoying with how often he gets
Grace
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
A great start to the series! This is the start of a cute (and hilarious) love story between Shizuku and Haru. All Shizuku has cared about since she was little was her grades. But after meeting Haru, it seems she starts caring about other people and even makes some friends! Can't wait for the next one 😄
Cindee
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this manga about the delinquent and the smart girl it was interesting and well written and drawn. The characters are funny and well well made they are very interesting characters. So overall I really like this manga.
Holly Letson
Just another classic "good girl turns bad boy good" story, where long after he confesses, she develops feelings for him. So much fun to read, though.
Amanda Lila
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't really sure about this manga when I first started it. But despite the fact that the drawings are not that great (my opinion, for sure!), it makes me laugh.
kim song ng
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three-point-five
Noninuna
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I kept getting this manga suggestion from Goodreads for quite awhile so I decided to give it a try.

Yoshida has no interest to come back to school. Mizutani, on the other hand, has no interest in anything other than her studies. One day, their teacher asked Mizutani to give lesson notes to him in exchange for new reference books. Unbeknownst to her, she's getting more than she bargains for.

It's cute high school love story. As we move along the story, we'll get to know why Yoshida doesn't want to
Evey
I'm a little confused by how I feel about this manga. Some parts I like, some I don't. Same with the characters. I love the quirky side of Haru, but his violent side irks me quite a bit.
Ramonna
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Esperaba más, pero digamos que estoy conforme.
K. B (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃━━━━━☆

I don't know what to say or think about it... yet. It says that it has a different approach to the relationship between a cold-hearted, studious girl and a boy who is violent yet sweet (also the fact that both are antisocial, one is by choice(I guess, because she has just one goal and that is to earn 10 million Yen per year, I don't know what she will do to get that much salary) and another one can't help it, he has anger issues.)
I think it was too fast? for them to confess without having any re
Mehsi
I watched this anime back when it aired, and I was all sad when the show ended quite soon. But there was much rejoicing when I found out that the manga will be getting an official English release!!!!

This manga is just wonderful, silly, lovely and more. The anime really did its best though, the manga is pretty much the same as the anime. Same silly situations between the characters (especially Haru and Shizuku).

I absolutely love Shizuku and Haru, they go so well together, though it took them some
Yue
This manga has a few cliches moments/characters (the stray dog, the 'tsundere' girl, the 'scary' main boy) but I found it enjoyable, and pretty funny. Shizuku (the Girl) is actually funny. She is supposed to be cold and heartless, and maybe she is because all that she used to care was her grades. Until Haru came along. And Haru is the typical 'bad boy' who is in reality a sweetheart. His reputation is based on misunderstandings. All the he wants to is make friends. When he started to attend scho ...more
Rachel
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Shizuku has devoted her whole life to studying with the goal of getting a good job, but when miscreant Haru attaches himself to her, suddenly her goals start to feel a bit hollow; her orderly life gets swept away by his erratic and emotional behaviour. Haru has a lot more going underneath the surface than the summary suggests though, and because both of them are socially awkward, their relationship hits many a bump in the road. At first everything feels rather contrived, but as bits of backstory ...more
Lynanne Carroll
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**This review is for the entire series (finished or unfinished). I started only adding the first volume from manga titles because, well, do you realize just how many volumes of One Piece there are?!**

Thus far, I've enjoyed this manga immensely. The art style is simple and clean, the characters are endearing (if a bit confusing at times) and slightly quirky, and the plot is still interesting ~50 chapters in.

This is definitely one of those laugh-out-loud-almost-every-panel kind of manga. The roma
Cammie
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Haru, Haru, Haru... you just kill me.
He is so weird! Definitely different from all the other manga boys I have read in this kind of stories. I still see the "tragic pass" story coming but he is so odd that I don't think I'll mind.
Also I really like Shizuku, she is not annoying even thought her characteristics would make her the typical annoying manga girl.
Really enjoyed this one!
Amy
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My original rating for this is 4 stars, I'm gonna take half a star out, because of the art style, not my favourite but the story line was addicting. Haru is really really cute, one of those innocent but ferocious male leading characters. I liked Shizuku a lot, she's one of a kind! 3.5 stars!
Nay
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 bintang
Jane
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I watched the anime version a few months ago and really liked it and had no idea that there was a manga version as well... Enjoyable this far. :)
She-Geeks: January 2016 Read: My Little Monster, Vol. 1 2 11 Jan 01, 2016 11:17PM
Shoujo Manga Book...: My Little Monster Discussion 6 24 May 07, 2014 07:01AM
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • たいようのいえ 1 [Taiyou no Ie 1]
  • アオハライド 4 (Ao Haru Ride, #4)
  • ひるなかの流星 1 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 1]
  • ちはやふる 1 [Chihayafuru 1]
  • ラストゲーム 1 (Last Game, #1)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 1
  • ゆかりズム 1 (Yukarism, #1)
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 1
  • Inu x Boku SS, Vol. 1
  • ごくせん 1 (Gokusen #1)
  • Gakuen Babysitters, Vol. 1
  • The One, Volume #1
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 3 (Millennium Snow, #3)

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • となりの怪物くん 2 [Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 2]

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)