Start by marking “ZEN: A Simple Path to More Happiness, More Tranquility, and Less Problems” as Want to Read:
ZEN: A Simple Path to More Happiness, More Tranquility, and Less Problems

ZEN: A Simple Path to More Happiness, More Tranquility, and Less Problems

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This book is intended as an informal and easy to read overview of Zen principles and practice. It provides a useful introduction to Zen for people that have never had any previous experience of the subject matter, and it will provide a little something here and there for experienced Zen practitioners too, even if they are already very happy and very tranquil.

The author's a
Published October 22nd 2012

To ask other readers questions about ZEN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ZEN

jCLopez Kindle
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sales Pitch for other books

I really wanted this book to be what the description of the book promised. I bought it because I am interested in finding more principals and the actual concepts of zen but what I got was the sitters opinion on zen, a few pointers and 17 pages worth of his next book. really? To the writer, dude stick to what you promise on the description of the book. To the people reading this review, his writing style is good but be aware that it is all a set up for his next book.
Christine Busuttil
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This little ebook was ideal for me
As previewed ,with just the basics of Zen ,a good introductory book
Also enough to confirm that the basis of all religions is goodness and tolerance towards others
Elliot Richards
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
An interesting read, it's certainly provided me with food for thought and an inquisitiveness into Zen.
Chilton
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
Andrew Daley gives a great introduction that is neither off-putting nor overwhelming.
Blogbaas Van 'tVliegend Eiland
Dolishia K King
Dec 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
1 follower
I'm a 2x amazon No.1 best selling author (my Zen book has topped the Zen Buddhism chart and my Tao book has topped the Taoism chart), and I have also written innovative self-help and psychology books.

I'm also a management executive, meditation practitioner and dog walker. I live near London, UK, with my wife and daughter.
More about Andrew Daley
“In a nutshell, Buddhists understand that all negative memories are associated with problems from the past, even if only a few seconds into the past, and they understand that all negative worries are associated with problems of the future, even if only a few seconds into the future. So, by taking note of what’s occurring right now, in real time, people can escape from negative memories and worries.” 0 likes
“Optimism and positivity are very valuable to learning perfect mindfulness. Pessimism and negativity make it much harder to achieve expertise in attaining calm and tranquility at all times.” 0 likes