Start by marking “The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Meeting

Richelle Mead

The Meeting

(Vampire Academy #1.5)

A scene from the first book of the Vampire Academy series, as told from Dimitri's point of view.
ebook, Online free short, 3 pages
Published July 27th 2013 by Richelle Mead

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Ash Wednesday
Watch me break out my epic wordsmith abilities.

Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri.

Take a picture. My rare fangirl state only appears once every Dimitri sighting, and then it's gone and I'm back to pretending to be above this kind of behavior.

Dimitri fans? What are you waiting for? Here's the link to the story.

Non-Dimitri fans? I'm putting you in time out with my special friend Ash (team Javier, REALLY?).

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 My Dimitri ★'s

"Me? I didn't believe in hopeless."
- Dimitri Belikov

“She might be unarmed, but Rose Hathaway was in possession of many weapons.”

W-what?? Really? That's all we get :( ? That was the biggest damn tease EVER!!! It's Dimitri's POV for crying out loud and all we get is 3 measly pages! B-b-but its Dimitri!!! I love him and that was just not enough. I'm sorry, I just needed MORE. Okay... okay fine, it was really cute while it lasted. The Vampire Academy series IS and forever will be M
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
this is a little short story in the 10 anniversary Vampire Academy book. It gave a little peak as to what Dimitri thought of Rose when they first met!
Μaria Vrisanaki
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Το πρώτο κεφάλαιο της ιστορίας μέσα από τα μάτια του Ντιμίτρι 💖💖
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
"Me? I didn't believe in hopeless."

* * *
"She might be unharmed, but Rose Hathaway was in possession of many weapons."
Susana
Jun 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
And yes, even in the poor lighting, I could see that she was beautiful—in a deadly way—and that struck me too. Her pictures hadn’t done her justice. Long, dark hair framed a face filled with the sort of hard-edged beauty a man might easily dash his heart against. Her eyes, though filled with hatred for me, still managed to be alluring—which only added to her danger.

I don't think I need to point out what didn't work our for me. -_-
And where the hell did this insta attraction for a teen appear?
U
Pearl Angeli
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, vampires
So I've read this short story after reading the Vampire Academy and I was happy to read Dimitri's POV here. I've noticed there was an insta-love going on? Anyway, this made me conclude that somehow, Dimitri and Rose's feelings for each other was mutual since the very beginning. Nothing special really happened in this short story, but it was worth a read nevertheless.
Miriam Mathew
Richelle Mead, I adore you. Is there a cult somewhere that I can join? Because I feel absolutely blessed for Dimitri. And Adrian. And Seth. And Roman...Carter. Dorian. Pretty much every love interest you've written.

Oh, am I supposed to review this short with something than utter fawning? I'll tone down the adulation but overall: it's a nice, fun short. Rose is being her kick-ass self. Oh, and it's in Dimitri's perspective!! Some slaying action going on.

P.S If anybody wants to know where I read t

HERE IT IS OMG.
 photo THIS_zps0e919b9c.gif

Oh, Dimitri, my love.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SWOOOOOOOON. LOOK AT THIS FINE PIECE OF MAN. ROSE YOU LUCKY WOMAN.
 photo SWOON_zpsb85bff2b.gif

I can't even contain my happiness. Dimitri's POV was great!
Now, it wasn't perfect. It was completely different from what I was expecting. But then, Richelle Mead probably didn't think too much of this since it was a very short scene. I loved how Dimitri was so allured by Rose,
Sarah Marie
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: hardcore Dimitri and Rose shippers
The Meeting by Richelle Mead

1.1 in the Vampire Academy series

5 million stars

Remember when Rose and Dimitri first met in the first installment of Vampire Academy? Remember how awesome that was? No, well how about reading this from Dimitri’s POV? Doesn’t that sound amazing? Guess what! It was amazing! So amazing! Dimitri Belikov finally gets his own POV in something written by the lovely, Richelle Mead. It was literally the best thing to read if you’re waiting for The Fiery Heart and need somethin

Anna
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
oh, I remember that... it was a public-competition and Richelle Mead promised that if she won the prize for the Last Sacrifice she would write the first meeting of Rose and Dimitri from Dimitri's POV. She didn't win the prize, but - as good a person as she is - she decide to write it anyway.

I really don't like all these new trends that we need to know what the man of our lovely duet thought when he first saw the girl (aka Edward from Twilight, Four from Divergence or Grey from 50 shades - bliah
Kelvin
Dimitri's POV of the first scene of Vampire Academy when he brings Rose and the princess back to St. Vladimir. This is not exactly how I remembered Dimitri sounding... yes he is quiet and brooding but he's kind of soft in this scene. Still, it was fun seeing how enamored he was with Rose and his perceptiveness shone through when he gleaned so much information from Rose without either of them saying a word.
Markéta
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hello Dimitri,

it's been a long time since we've last seen each other. I must say that I've missed you and our reconciliation has been bittersweet. It's been too short. As always you've been handsome, mysterious, stoic and awesome.

I might have to visit the Vampire Academy to see you once again.

See you soon,
M.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love, love, loved this! Seriously swooning....Oh how I've missed you Dimitri <3
The Meeting is a three-page long novella (#1.1) in Richelle Mead's young-adult, paranormal series titled Vampire Academy. This super short story offers Demitri's POV during one of the first scenes in Vampire Academy when Rose and Lissa are caught from runaway status.
"I also don’t plan on ever underestimating you again, wild girl, I thought, momentarily locking eyes with her. And I’ll make sure no one else ever underestimates you either."
If you haven't experienced this series in a while, the
Princess
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
OMG!!!! DIMITRIS POV WAS F*CKING INSANE

When my cousin sent me the link I was like;

Well let's begin, shall we?

As we all know, all the VA addicts were wating for this moment to eventually come (and it came!)

Knowing what Dimitri was thinking while meeting Rose Hathaway was amazing.....

It seemed like he already knew that it'd definitely be some attraction between the both of them...and I think that Rose sparked almost immediately the light in his heart,soul and thoughts....
He saw Rose as a teen
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
I have a strong compulsion to put 1 star for this.. actually it didn't even register to me as a dimitri pov.. cz he didn't sound like dimitri.. also it was short.. and more than that it seems like richelle forgot her own book.. cz dimitri actually saw rose get bitten by lissa, and he was not hiding.. he was standing right under her window and she saw him..
I voted like crazy for dimitri to win so i can get his pov.. but what did i get instead.. i got a meaningless short thing that didn't even sou
Shymaa
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointment
Too short, didn't tell us anything we didn't know already. After the first time I didn't bother reading it again. Obviously Richelle Mead wrote it while sleeping!!! Didn't Dimitri see Lissa bite Rose??!!
Beside, It didn't FEEL like Dimitri, I had great expectations and I'm beyond disappointed
At first I gave it 3 stars for the sake of being Dimitri's POV but truth is it only deserve 2 , barely
Ellie Red
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh Dimitri Dimitri! I could never ever get enough of this man! Totally loved it! Consumed it within minutes! Even though he seems so serious and with control, he is such a sweetheart, having these thoughts for Rose, we knew he was like that but we guessed what his thought would actually be like! I want to read more from his point of view :D
❤ Jane ❤
***
Update:
From richellemead.com
"Alas, despite all the requests, I'm afraid there will be no books or series written from his POV. This is as close as we get to his mysterious mind!" -Richelle Mead
***

WHAAAAT?!

description

Richelle Mead WROTE a scene in DIMITRI'S POV?!!!

[image error]

We need to spread the love and rate The Meeting (Dimitri's POV) by Richelle Mead! "If it receives loads of good rating may be Publishers will know how badly people want it and it may convince Richelle to write a book in Dimitri’s
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri!!!
Seriously! Richelle why didn't you just alternate the POVs of the series between Dimitri & Rose *sigh*.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Having the opportunity to be inside Dimitri's mind & seeing the meeting through his eyes was so refreshing. He was instantly attracted to Rose. Its truly beautiful & amazing to see how Dimitri perceived her ahhh! ASDFGHJKL.

I loved it! And if you're a huge fan of the series as am I, this is a must read. Thank you Richelle for this little treat!
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
Seeing Dimitri's POV in this scene from the beginning of the first book was really interesting. He's quite a difficult character to understand, so delving into his mind is such an added bonus! It helps us see how he's human after all, not as cool and stoic as he makes out to be. I would love to see more of Dimitri's POV.
Cynn
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it

Hi Dimitri Belikov

Ups...
AJ
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very quick little scene, from Dimitri's POV, of the moment he first meets Rose and Lissa in Vampire Academy.

It shows us, again, Rose's determination to protect Lissa, as well as Dimitri's first impressions of Rose.

"I didn’t want this brave, beautiful, and wild girl to be my enemy. I wanted her as…what? I wasn’t sure ... There was too much potential here. This girl could be unstoppable if her talents were properly cultivated. I wanted to help her."

And sets up their relationship brillia
TL
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
“Dimitri!”

I turned instantly at the sound of my name, shooting a glare at the guardian approaching in the darkness. What was he thinking? Everyone out here tonight knew how essential secrecy was. It didn’t matter that he was young and simply excited about his first big mission. We had no room for errors, not when this was the only break we’d had in over a year. Realizing his mistake, he grew apologetic, though not nearly enough.

Nice short from Dimitri's POV but it didn't really pull me in fully.
Liz* Fashionably Late
I'm not trying to be objective here. It's Dimitri we're talking about and he proves again to be an awesome russian god. Even if this was kinda disappointing, Dimka was not exactly as epic as I was expecting him to be.

This was written in celebration for Dimitri's victory in the YA Crush Tournament and I'm so glad Richelle M. gave us this. Dimitri has been so in control always, but the first time he saw Rose he was impressed by her wild spirit. Thanks dear R.

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
How had I missed the novellas on the series? I had no idea they existed. That being said this isn't a novella. It's just a sort scene.

This scene from Dimitri's POV was rather disappointing. It was too short(sadly) and revealed very little about him. Just the fact that Rose had his attention from the very beginning. And the scene also made him seem more... well, human. At least his mind has less self-control than his general attitude.

Melissa Chung
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very short little story of Dimitri's first meeting with Rose and Lissa. I found it here: http://www.freevampires.net/young/yd4...

This is in Dimitri's POV and we get a glimpse of what he thought about Rose the first time he met her. As a huge Dimitri/Rose fan this was a treat :D
Cora Tea Party Princess
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
5 Words: Short yet sweet. Read it!

This was a very very short piece but it was great to hear things from Dimitri's point of view and find out exactly what he was thinking when he first set eyes on Rose.

I love Dimitri.
Stacee
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I could read Dimitri's POV forever.

• Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Vampire Academy: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #1.2)
  • Kat (Darkest Powers, #0.4)
  • Other Worlds
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • A Day in the Afterlife of Tod (Soul Screamers, #4.1)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 2 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 2 of 4)
  • Human Shifter (Blind Wolf #3)
  • Sunder
  • The First Day of the Rest of Your Life (The Morganville Vampires, #0.5)
  • Night Moves (The Night Songs Collection Book 2)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Jez and Morgead's Night Out (Night World, Extras #7.1)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
“She might be unarmed, but Rose Hathaway was in possession of many weapons.” 16 likes
“Me? I didn’t believe in hopeless.” 6 likes