Start by marking “Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)

Shame on You

(Fool Me Once #1)

War veteran Kennedy O’Brien is in the business of sticking it to the man—or at least any man who tries to cross a woman. After she returned home from Afghanistan and caught her husband in bed with the nanny, Kennedy lost her faith in men and started Fool Me Once Investigations with her two best friends. After all, there’s no better bounty hunter than a woman scorned.

When K
Published February 25th 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Shame on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shame on You

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
I really enjoyed this book. It's my first Tara Sivec book and it was great. Kennedy was my kind of woman. She was funny, brave, strong and she was ready to cut a mf if need be. Griffin was yummy, sexy, and funny. I loved them together. This book had tons of sexual tension. I also loved Kennedy's two besties, and I can't wait for their books. I loved Kennedy's dad. Really the whole book was very funny. I laughed and smiled the whole time. The only reason this book is 4 stars and not 5 is because ...more
Christy
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 funny stars!

photo 4be005f7-2336-4f35-8e4f-2a2956b40d37_zps3b45c791.jpg

Tara Sivec is the queen of funny. Her books can always make me smile and laugh big time. This was no exception.

Kennedy and her two best friends started their own company after they were all burned by men. It’s called Fool Me Once Investigations. Kennedy is newly divorced. After serving in the military, she came home to find her husband screwing around on her. Now it’s just her and her two daughters and she’s okay with that. Working on a case to catch a bail jumper, she finds she h
Sophia Triad
Book 1: Shame on You_MCs: Kennedy O’Brien&Griffin Crawford
Book 2: Shame on Me_MCs: Paige McCarty&Matt Russo
Book 3: Shame on Him_MCs: Lorelei Warner&Dallas Osborne

Since her husband and high school sweetheart left her for a much younger, completely stupid and with bigger boobs girl, 35 years old Kennedy decided that she hates all men. Including her best male friend since high school, Griffin.

Kennedy was fighting in Afghanistan with Griffin, while her husband was fooling around and Grif
♡Karlyn P♡
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5* -- Get That Rat Bastard! LOL -- Stars

When I first started reading this, it reminded me of those older short romances by Janet Evanovich from the 90's. They always had quirky characters, absurd plot points, loads of snarky humor, and some naughty sexy romance. SHAME ON YOU certainly has that same formula and was an enjoyable read, but the humor didn't work quite as well for me.

The Cast & Crew: One tough ex-military bounty hunter heroine, one cheating ex-husband, two awesome girl friends
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--OTT--Stars!!

This was fun, funny, and entertaining....if not a bit OTT, trying too hard and silly.

I think if you're a fan of Tara Sivec or you're looking for something light and fluffy to read, then this is the perfect book.

My first thought was that it reminded me of the Stephanie Plum series....same silly antics. Kennedy owns her own investigation firm, Fool Me Once Investigations but from what I could tell there wasn't much work going on.

Kennedy was of course, completely badass....was fo
• Lisa •
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
FOUR GRIFFIN CRAWFORD STARS.

description

This story was the perfect book for my easy reading needs, it came just at the right time and I happily gobbled this book up in one sitting. You can expect a little bit of silly, a ginormous amount of sexy and a heap of the giggles. Tara Sivec is a 'new to me author' and I loved her style, I'm now going off to discover more by the talented Mrs Sivec but until then here are my 'Fool me once' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Kennedy O'Brien has sworn off love comple
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 08, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Tinkerdoodle Stars

This was a cute, silly, ridiculously silly at times, with a nice mix of romance read. I liked the story and the set up characters that should flow nicely for the rest of the series.

Three friends who are inspired by being burned by the men in their lives open a business called Fool Me Once Investigations.

description

The main character Kennedy, who’s marriage fell apart six months ago, finds herself picking up a bond case from her dad’s office. She is irate when she finds that she is p
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Reanell Tisdale
Fool Me Once Investigations is the name of Kennedy's business she owns with her two best friends. Kennedy's ex-husband cheated on her while she was serving her country and now she's determined to prove she doesn't need a man.

Griffin is a former high school friend of Kennedy and also her cheating ex-husband’s best friend. He's helping her catch a bail jumper and to liven things up he's proposes a 'bet' with her; if he wins she has to go out on a date with him.

In 2012 I read Seduction and Snacks
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I guess I'm not paying attention to things lately, because I totally missed the fact that this is what I would consider a short book. It was enjoyable for what it was, but it's no secret that I'm not a fan of shorter books. My reasoning is that I have found that it's not enough time for me to connect to the characters,to connect with their connection to each other, or for me to feel satisfied with the ending (without being left with unanswered questions) -- and all that
Cyndi
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!! Its funny with lots of romance. A bit like Stephanie Plum but in combat boots. Our heroine is a vet who returned to find her husband in bed with the hot, young nanny. Unfortunately it seems their best friend knew and kept it from her.
Now she is a private eye and working a job for her bondsman father. The bounty she’s after is hilarious and to make matters even more funny her ex besty is also after him...and her.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Not too bad. The author was VERY wise to pick veteran narrator, Amy McFadden, for the audiobook recording. Amy carried the story and made it fun to listen to.

Though it was a little heavy on the criticism of other women (hate that) with plot that was fun but didn't make a whole lot of sense, I was surprised at how I ended up enjoying this book in the end. Solid, mindless fun.
Catarina
3,5 Fooling Stars

Kennedy is a war veteran, returned from the army to find that her ex-husband was a cheater. Now, after having divorced from him, she and two of her friends, also mistreated by men, opened an investigation office called “Fool Me Once Investigations”.
When Kennedy takes a case regarding a stolen Chihuahua (yes, you’ve read it right.), she thinks it’s going to be an easy cake.
But when things turn crazier than they should be, comes an unexpected help: Griffin. An old friend of the
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The best parts of Tara Sivec in one big anorexic book….

I really didn't know what to expect with Shame on You. Hell, I never know what to expect; it's Tara Sivec. Her writing is so multifaceted that you never know what you're gonna get. When my book arrived in the mail, I was shocked. My book was anorexic! It was suppose to be a book, but…but....It needed to eat more words. Tara! Why didn't you feed it more words?? Is it possible that 139 pages could be enough? Is it enough? Was it enough?

Tara S
Michelle
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-need-signed

Kennedy returned from war, caught her husband cheating and started Shame on You Investigations with her equally scorned two friends. Now they use all that man-hating power for good by nabbing the bad guy. When Kennedy takes the case of the bail jumper she expects this one to be a piece of cake but she didn’t expect to have a partner on the case.

Griffin was her fellow solider, her best friend, long time crush and the best friend of her cheating ex. He’s also the man that she believes lied to her
Pam
“Sleep with one eye open, babe. Game on.”

Sexy, Cute and Comical. Although the end of the story is inevitable, its the thrill of the chase and the man who isn’t afraid to go head to head with the one who wants to cut his balls off. Totally perfect for a good laugh and a good time!

Fool Me Once is the baby of three women whose lost all faith in mankind, burned and scorned, these women get the job done to take all the lying cheating bastards out. For Kennedy O’Brien, Griffin Crawford is
Candace
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans looking for a good laugh!
Quick and highly entertaining story! At first, I thought that Kennedy was too crass and I didn't think I'd like her as the heroine. However, I got over that quickly. She was hilarious!

Griffin is a great guy and a total hottie also. The rivalry between the two led to some very funny situations and great banter. They had great chemistry together and it was clear that Kennedy needed a guy that wasn't a total pushover. She'd met her match in Griffin.

The ending was great and I can't wait to see wher
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5...what in the heck was that little gem of crazy????

It's Tara Sivec, so lord knows it is gonna be off the wall cray-cray...she is an automatic one click every damn time for me. So the idea of scorned women with guns, potential criminal encounters, and well lots of hot sex....

However, for me this was too fast...too crazy too soon. Kennedy and her besties are all women scorned working as PI's...bounty hunters...a real life woman justice crew. When Kennedy gets a case it brings back her HS crush
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 25, 2014
Genre: Humor

Shame On You is a fast paced and lighthearted humor novel about a bounty hunter. It reminds me of Janet Evanovich's, Stephanie Plum series. It's a good book to get lost in for a few hours without all the romance and drama (although there is a little romance) to muddy everything up. While it may not be my favorite Tara Sivec book, I am happy to have read and will certainly be reading the other two books in the series.
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
Initial Thoughts
This was fun! I felt like a shorter read today so I decided to finally give this book a try. I loved the humor worked in throughout the story. Kennedy has known Griffin forever it seems and she is less than happy about the fact that her dad has paired them up to find catch a man that skipped bond. These two were great together and I thought that they were well matched. Amy McFadden did a great job with the narration. Just an all-around fun read!

Book source: Prime Reading

Full revi
Jen
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

Kennedy, Paige and Lorelei are all best friends. They've all had very bad luck when it came to men, so they decided to start a company called Fool Me Once Investigations together. Kennedy served in the Army, following in the footsteps of all of the men in her family. Her bad luck consisted of coming back from a tour of duty to find her husband cheating on her with the nanny.

Her father is a bail bondsman and has given her a case to work on, but with a catch. He's hired a partner for her to work
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Fun, quick listen on audiobook. This had the silly humor I enjoy and had me laughing out loud in quite a few places. Great side characters that added to the fun. Narrator did a really good job. She has a great voice and was easy to listen too.

Heroine is a divorcee with three girls. A long time and mutual friend of her and her ex is the hero. You get the idea that Griffin has been in love with Kennedy since High School but the ex got to her first. Now that the ex is out of the picture, Griffin ma
Deb Dee (autumn delaney)
Nov 09, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014
Teaser from Tara Sivec's FB post.

Read more teasers here.

description

Up for pre-order on Amazon! So is book 2 Shame on Me! Yay!

Pre-order Shame On You here..
Pre-order Shame On Me here..

Jacob Proffitt
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: unfinished, romance
Unfinished around a third of the way in. So yeah, not my thing at all. If you like bumbling heroines who talk tough but trip over floor lint and stories manipulated by the author for maximum ridiculousness, you may have a more forgiving reaction. Let me put it this way: this is Stephanie Plum with fewer brains and worse coordination and cheaper laughs. Also: if she's an accurate example of a combat veteran I can only weep for the state of our armed forces...
Siv30
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ספר חמוד ביותר. הוא נע בין צ'יק-ליט לרומן רומנטי בלשי והדמויות בו מקסימות שהרגשתי שחבל שהוא הסתיים מהר כל כך. מצד שני, הוא בדיוק במינון הנכון מבחינת העלילה.

קנדי אובריין חוזרת מאפגניסטן רק כדי למצוא את בעלה הבוגדני, אלכס, במיטה עם המטפלת. ליבה נשבר. אבל כשהיא מגלה שהחבר המשותף לה ולבעלה, גריפין, ידע מהבגידה, היא מתחרפנת מזעם ומסרבת לדבר עם גריפין שהיה חבר במשך 20 שנים וליווה אותה גם במשך השירות שלה באפגניסטן.

גרושה, מתוסכלת, וחסרת אמון במין הגברי, קנדי מקימה עם שתי חברותיה את fool me once, סוכנות
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3 - A little too OTT for me - stars

While I'll admit this book overall was cute, it was also very cheesy and a little too over the top at the same time.

Kennedy is newly divorced war veteran with a teenage daughter. She helps her dad with his bond jumpers and takes a case.

photo tumblr_lygromDXET1ronaoqo1_500_zps26ce2382.gif

What she doesn't realize is she is partnered with Griffin Crawford, which is her ex-husband's best friend and her former crush.

photo tumblr_inline_n0jm1vaQPa1rpbzy6_zps53520f7b.gif

Needless to say she has a wee bit of a grudge against him. But you know she still has the hots for
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
I was rather disappointed in this book in all honesty!

I loved the Chocolate Lovers series! Loved it!

But this book just left me vaguely annoyed.

Kennedy O’Brien found out her husband was cheating, and dislikes her husbands best friend Griffin Crawford, (who was apparently also one of her Best Friends) as she thinks he knew about the affair all along.(although at one point she says she found out that Griffin knew all along a few months after she kicked the ex out, then literally a couple of pages l
Maria
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Я честно не знаю, почему я прочитала это, учитывая, что я абсолютный анти-фанат порнушных книженций, но тут книга была маленькой, так что соответственно и порно было мало. Изначально я хотела прочитать что-то тупое и забавное, чтобы разгрузить мозги после затруднительных попыток выучить учебный материал к сессии, и стоит отметить, что я получила ожидаемое.
Относительно мило, тупо и забавно, без лишних заморочек. В голос я не смеялась, но улыбнуться заставило.
Так что если вам нравится такое, то со
1.5 stars.

I just don’t think rom-coms are for me. That and there wasn’t enough character or plot development. This could have easily been made into a full length novel instead of a novella. As it was, though, I’m glad that it was on the short side.

It was totally safe, with no OP drama, so that was nice, and there wasn’t really any mention of either MC’s intimate pasts. But I won’t continue on with this series. The writing just tries too hard to be funny. Howevr, readers who enjoy rom-coms migh
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
NEW TARA SIVEC BOOK!!!! Ahhh this sounds so good!!! *grins* To be released February 25, 2014.

When Kennedy takes a case to slap cu
Raine
Loved, loved, loved it!!!!

I can't believe I waited so long to read this book especially how much I love her other two Chocolate series. This one wasn't the laughing-out-loud-pee-myself book like Seduction and Snacks was, but it was entertaining just the same.

• Worn Me Down (Playing with Fire, #3)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • Frenemies (Girl Next Door, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Sex Snob
  • The Home Court Advantage (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous, #1)
  • A Flare Of Heat (H.E.A.T. #1)
  • Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)
  • The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead, #3)
  • Waking Up in Vegas
  • Framed
  • Boycotts & Barflies
  • Shark Out of Water (Grab Your Pole, #3)
  • Must Love Otters
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

Fool Me Once (3 books)
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
“I love my best friends, but sometimes, I want to punch them in the face. Lovingly, of course.” 17 likes
“I hope his penis falls off. I hope it rots and falls off inside of Miss Teen USA, therefore causing her perfect, twenty-two-year-old vagina to rot and fall out of her thong when she sneezes.” 8 likes