Start by marking “It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over: Reinventing Your Life--and Realizing Your Dreams--Anytime, at Any Age” as Want to Read:

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  32 reviews
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Right Words at the Right Time comes a one-of-a-kind collection of inspiring stories about ordinary women who have reinvented themselves in extraordinary ways.“You can be anything you want to be.” “Reach for the moon.” “It’s never too late to make a change.” We’ve heard it all. But anyone who has ever tried to make a big ...more
Published April 8th 2014 by Atria Books (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over

Ellen Christian
I received a copy of this book for my honest review.

I loved learning more about the women featured in this book. I found their stories very motivational because after seeing the obstacles that they overcame, it made me feel more confident about overcoming mine. They weren’t rich, famous women. They were everyday people just like you and me – suburban moms, teachers, women who struggled to pay their bills and get ahead. I loved learning more about each woman but probably felt the most connection
Dee
This is not the kind of book I would typically read, but something about it made me pick it up off the library's "new reads" shelf. The book is very straight forward: dozens of accounts of women who have taken set-backs and turned them into triumph by starting new businesses, going off on new adventures, or giving of themselves in new ways. I found every story inspiring! A lot of these women had every reason to give up and they didn't. Many formed companies I know of or would like to know about. ...more
Lilly Dean
I am a 25 year old female and I still found this book very relatable. It was inspiring, although more so a reminder to all women that it is never too late to follow a dream or make a new one.

I agree that these short stories should be read a little at a time or they all start to sound the same. Also, because they are short they are just the surface of the struggles and successes.

But I read this book for the reminder of what I am capable of. Not a step by step guide of how to be successful. So I
Marta
I wish two stars didn't seem like an insult-okay really isn't the same as bad. Marlo Thomas' idea to collect inspirational stories from women in their mid-life is an admirable one and the world can probably use more true life stories that inspire hope and optimism. What's missing are practical pull out points or other ways to use the book for learning or reflection. It feels a bit like the diet stories in Self magazine- without the helpful hints side bar. Very pleasant, yet not a lot to hold a r ...more
Anne
I wanted to like this book more because I love Marlo Thomas. Some of the stories resonated, others not so much. I think they all were inspiring to varying degrees. My favorite was the Layla Fanucci, music teacher who became successful artist, but maybe this is because of my art interest. I looked up the Jamie James cellfolio, and it appears she has already sold this business and the product is no longer available. I can't really say why, but this turned me off about the product, and consequently ...more
Lynetta
BE ENCOURAGED

Too much time is wasted on worrying about outcomes when success lies at the end of action rather than inaction. It Ain't Over is full of warm stories to encourage connecting with our purpose (passion, calling). There is a familiarity in each of the stories to remind us of what is important in life and how much more wonderful life can be be when we are aligned to our purpose, our calling, our passion. After searching the world over, one only has to listen to the summons from within.
Patrice
This book is a collection of stories of mid-life changes. Each story is only a few pages long and some are quite inspiring. One middle aged woman looks at straws and asks herself why they don't come in more colors? So she finds a way to manufacture drinking straws in many different colors and becomes a multi-millionaire. Multiply that story by maybe 100 and you have this book. I got about 3/4 through before I said "enough", it's over.
Toni Daugherty
At first this book caused me to feel super motivated! Then, story after story, its novelty wore off and I started to disbelieve the successes. Even the non-successes were portrayed through rose-colored glasses which was a bit of a turnoff. I DID love how the author had women in their mid-life which is why the stories warrant a read.
Parri Sontag
Some very inspiring stories of women reinventing themselves. A few stories didn't do much for me, but there were several that I found truly inspiring. Now my wheels are spinning as to how I can stop working for "the man" and create something of my own!
Gabrielle
I absolutely recommend this book for any women who is in a mid-life crisis. There are so many great stories in there and wonderful inspiration.
Martha
If it weren't so formulaic it would be a stronger read. But, it's fun to see how other women faced the unexpected forks in the road of life.
Lana
Another inspiring book from That Girl, Marlo Thomas. It is full of stories about women reinventing their life after 40 and beyond.
Sarah Ewald
Inspiring collection of anecdotes by Marlo Thomas. This is required reading for when you get the 'down in the dumps', ' woe is me' days. The best is yet to come...
Kyna Lenhof
Sometimes you just need to read a book about inspiring stories. This was one of those times.
Quiltyknitwit
Interesting short stories of middle-aged women who made career changes.
Theresa
The great thing about this book is that you can pick it up and put it down at any time because the individual stories of the 60 women are each about 5 pages long. Many of these women are of average means who follow their dreams and do things like creating healthy snacks (now sold at Trader Joe's) or follow their passion of painting and become quite successful. I wish some of the photos were directed a little better at each individual's success. That is my only real criticism. The book is very up ...more
Bigkrl
Very inspirational.
Christine
Great inspiration for those craving to start all over, and just a feel good read.
Gayle
Very good book. I really enjoyed it.
Sandra Kinzer
Some cute vignettes, but I’d rather hear a longer memoir from an individual woman. Not these two-page life summaries. Too many business-y stories… apparently everyone’s inner dream is to start a business?
Karen
Not much substance...just a lot a very quick stories and not really getting into what and how they got motivated to make a change.
Nancy Seamons
a compilation of stories about women who have changed careers later in life.
Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
"Some women are afraid of change. Others thrive on it." A collection of inspirational stories about personal reinvention that was truly worth reading. Read my full review on MINA'S BOOKSHELF http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2014/0... and MISS A http://askmissa.com/2014/07/10/review...
Candy
Inspiring, but it should be read in small doses...
Cathymw
Good to read all of the inspiring stories. A little bit of how-to would have been helpful, but that doesn't seem to be the aim of the book.
Biba
This book really encouraged me to never give up. I could relate to these women because I too am reinventing my life and realizing my dream.
Tori Sodek
I really enjoyed the individual stories and loved the fact that I could read one or two each night and feel inspired! Very uplifting.
  • The Wisdom We're Born With: Restoring Our Faith in Ourselves
  • Change Me Prayers: The Hidden Power of Spiritual Surrender
  • Soul Contracts: How You Can Identify, Master, and Release the Hidden Blocks in Your Life
  • ACT with Love: Stop Struggling, Reconcile Differences, and Strengthen Your Relationship with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
  • Spiritual Simplicity: How Loving More Means Doing Less
  • The Dolphin Way: A Parent's Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy, and Motivated Kids--Without Turning into a Tiger
  • Depression and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers
  • Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide: Reset Your Health, Detox Your Body, and Feel Your Best
  • The Do's and Don'ts
  • Four Wings and a Prayer: Caught in the Mystery of the Monarch Butterfly
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
  • Whatever You Are, Be a Good One: 100 Inspirational Quotations Hand-Lettered by Lisa Congdon
  • The End of Stress: Four Steps to Rewire Your Brain
  • We Will Survive: True Stories of Encouragement, Inspiration, and the Power of Song
  • Before I Die
  • Peace and Plenty: Finding Your Path to Financial Serenity
  • Reading the Rocks: The Autobiography of the Earth
  • Instant Happy: 10-Second Attitude Makeovers
Growing Up Laughing: My Story and the Story of Funny Free to Be...You and Me (The Original Classic Edition) The Right Words at the Right Time Free to Be. . .A Family - A Book About All Kinds Of Belonging The Right Words at the Right Time: Volume 2: Your Turn!