Start by marking “High Tide” as Want to Read:
High Tide

High Tide (Fear Street Super Chiller #12)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  550 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Adam Malfitan still has nightmares about the night his girlfriend, Mitzi, died. He sees the blood. He sees her in the water. He is a lifeguard, and he can’t save her. He wakes up screaming, but the terror is just beginning.
Published March 18th 2014 by Simon Pulse (first published June 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about High Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Tide

Drucilla
It's your typical Fear Street book. Nothing really makes it stand out except there's a lot less violence in this Fear Street book than the others in the series. There's actually a very interesting ethical/moral/legal question in this book. (view spoiler) The ending s ...more
Kristen
Nov 10, 2011 Kristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Full review at By Flashlight — a YA book blog

Beach lifeguard Adam has been having a rough time after he killed his girlfriend last summer. He just can’t seem to shake the guilt. Roommate Ian, new girlfriend Leslie and a shrink named Dr. Thall are all trying to help him forget and move on.

“High Tide” is actually told from the point of view of a male lifeguard. The POV changes between two guys, but only at the beginning. It was odd that this device is just dropped in the middle of the book. The b
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell
This is one of those Fear Street novels that doesn't even take place on Fear Street or even in Shadyside. Adam is a college kid who graduated from Shadyside High. After an accident leaves his summer girlfriend dead, he is left struggling to deal with his guilt. A year has passed and though he's trying to move on, he's begun to hallucinate.

For a Fear Street novel, this one was fairly tame and even average. The twist leads into a random murder atte
Kat
Sep 20, 2014 Kat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, horror, teen
I agree with the majority of the reviewers here. It's your typical Fear Street book.

I'm now in my early 30s but grew up on these books and got my hands on any and every one I could read. I remember them fondly but also remember they were very tame. Sometimes not even including any real horror elements.

A lot of these books consist of hallucinations and fake deaths or fake ghosts or jokes. This book is no different.

I like going back to these to review for my site (as they are 1 day reads) But a
Melissa Namba
May 29, 2015 Melissa Namba rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-l-stine
Not the shiniest of the R.L. Stone books. You start to wonder how stupid the protagonist is right away. However, I can see how a teenager would enjoy it. Its a simple read and can be done in one sitting. There isn't anything overly adult in it so you don't have any explicit scenes that some teens might not want to read.
Katie
I read this book because as a teen I was a Fear Street Junkie! I have very fond memories of reading the Fear Street Series. By the time this book was published I was a bit too old. I decided to relive my teenage years. I also want to introduce the series to my middle school students.

As an adult, this book is very predictable. As a middle school student, not so much. I think that the drama and mystery are fantastic YA writing.
Silentchelsea
The plot was trying too hard to be a mystery but by just a few pages in the entire thing got old. The secrecy was over-the-top and served little to now purpose. Strictly a young teen thriller.
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
CountingStars
Decent "Fear Street" book. Full of twists but ending is sort of expected
jessica chen
Nov 10, 2007 jessica chen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very freaky. i kinda wish the ending would have been a bit better.
Allyssa
A twisted story, just as expected. Enjoyable though.
Makie
Feb 10, 2008 Makie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: makie
cool
Tony Masiello
Tony Masiello marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Corey Klauder
Corey Klauder marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Nicole Tate
Nicole Tate marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Ines
Ines rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Marcello
Marcello marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Brandon Ramtahal
Brandon Ramtahal marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Aurora
Aurora marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Roanna
Roanna is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2016
Kirsten Johnson
Kirsten Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Cobi
Cobi marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jul 31, 2016
Jourdelle
Jourdelle marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jessica Duncan
Jessica Duncan marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
  • Leopard at the Lodge (Animal Ark, #44)
  • All the Days of Her Life (One Last Wish, #10)
  • Dawn's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Me and Luke
  • Phone Call From A Flamingo (Full House: Stephanie, #1)
  • The Pom-Pom Wars (Sweet Valley High, #113)
  • The Perfect Plot (Nancy Drew: Files, #76)
  • X Marks the Spot (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #1)
  • Don't Hurt Laurie
  • Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10)
  • Shameless Embraces (Bound Hearts, #6-7)
  • Wolfsaga
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Twins

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street Super Chiller (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Party Summer  (Fear Street Super Chiller, #1)
  • Silent Night (Fear Street Super Chiller, #2)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • Broken Hearts (Fear Street Super Chiller, #4)
  • Silent Night 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 5)
  • The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Super Chiller, #6)
  • The New Evil (Fear Street Superchiller, #7 ; Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4)
  • Bad Moonlight (Fear Street Super Chiller, #8)
  • The New Year's Party (Fear Street Super Chiller, #9)
  • Goodnight Kiss 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 10)