Start by marking “Liberty” as Want to Read:
Liberty

Liberty

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  118 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
A man she thought she knew. A passion beyond her wildest fantasies…

When Ryan Beecher returns home after a long deployment overseas, Lexy barely recognizes her husband. The man who left Texas for Afghanistan was cruel and abusive. The man who comes back to her is a badly injured stranger with amnesia—and no memory of their life together.

Lexy can't believe how much Ryan has
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani Press (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Liberty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty

Kimberly
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

I really enjoyed this story. It was interesting in how different from any other story I have read. The characters are enjoyable. I had a few problems with some of the things that were or were not done (DNA test, anyone?). But the story is so sweet and Ryan is so lovable it is hard not to enjoy him. I can see why Lexy is so scared and stand-offish but she comes into her own so completely that it is nice to watch.

I can’t see why this is considered erotic b
Jackie
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Imagine if you will, your military husband returns from deployment not with PTDS, but rather the opposite: a once verbally and physically abusive man is now sweet and kind. That's what happens to Lexy Beecher, who was just waiting for her husband to return home to hand him the divorce papers, having finally saved up enough money to pay the fees for the nursing home where her younger brother lies dying of a degenerative disease. After being wounded in a bombing, Ryan Beecher comes home scarred, c ...more
Gail
Excellent story. The hero is a Marine injured in Iraq or Afghanistan -- it's not clear which, and this is a bonus in this book. Anything that isn't particularly pertinent to Jamison's main plot is skimmed vaguely over or just plain left out. He's a Marine injured in a rocket attack somewhere overseas. The heroine is his wife, apparently. Her husband was a mean drunk who nearly beat her to death before he enlisted and she's got the divorce papers ready. But she can't make herself leave him while ...more
Elle
**Insert happy sigh***

This book seriously made me happy, Like I am smiling like a pure fool at how great this book was and I actually hated to see it end.

Now I am going to keep this review short because I don't want to spoil it for anyone reading this but I will put it very simple... Imagine having your husband beat the hell out of you, degrade you, call you all kinds of names for 9 years and he wakes up not remembering a thing... and a completely different person... yep going to leave it right
Harlequin Books
"The adage that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world becomes a reality in the war zone of the Middle East. This complex, engrossing novel tells of a man with no memories and a wife determined to start over - without him". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars)

Miniseries: A Redemption Novel
Kathy
Dec 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Liberty, the first novel in Ginger Jamison's Redemption series, Lexy Beecher barely recognizes her abusive husband, Ryan, when he returns home after he is injured in Afghanistan. While he (mostly) looks like the same man who left, he certainly does not act like the same man she feared for most of her marriage. Which makes her wonder, is he the same man?

One of only two men who survived an attack in Afghanistan, Ryan Beecher returns to the small town of Liberty with very few memories. He has a
Kristina
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this galley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Harlequin and Netgalley.

I'm usually not a romance person, but from the time I first heard about Liberty I knew that I wanted to read it. Though the story was very predictable and I knew from the first few pages how it was going to turn out, I still really enjoyed it. It was a quick read and I loved the characters.

Ryan has come back from Afghanistan with no memory about his life before the war. He used to be an extremely abusive j
willaful
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Reviewed from e-arc provided by NetGalley

Lexy has every intention of divorcing her abusive husband Ryan as soon as she can; his stint in the Marines did nothing to change her mind. But now, Ryan has been badly wounded and Lexy is torn: "Her conscience was speaking to her. The one time she wished it would fail her, it was loud and clear. You can't leave him like this."

Lexy is even more torn when she realizes that the Ryan who came back from the Marines is nothing like the Ryan who went in. Able
Clare O'Beara
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: america-romance
On the same theme as 'The Return of Martin Guerre' or 'Sommersby' as it was filmed, an unhappy wife has a marine husband return - in his case, seriously injured and amnesiac.

This husband can't believe he was such a loser as to have beaten and alienated the lovely woman but all she wants is her freedom. She knows the women of Liberty, Texas, stand by their men, but she's had enough of his insults about her mixed heritage and as soon as he's well enough, she's leaving.

Gradually the two get to kn
Christy
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads-arc
First off I won this book from Goodreads Giveaway. Thanks!

I absolutely loved this book. You meet Lexy who has been married to Ryan since she was 17. They have been married for 10 years. Ryan is a poor excuse for a man in my opinion. So he goes off to deployment. He comes home to Texas hurt. Lexy sees him in the hospital. Could the man she sees be her husband. Or he is a changed man? He is gentle and loving. Not like the old Ryan. Ryan has lost his memory. This is a great read.

Is Ryan really Rya
Josephine
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I skimmed through this because as soon as "Ryan" and Lexy met in the hospital room, I knew what had happened. In fact, I knew as soon as the real Ryan took his dog tags off where this was going. And I just didn't buy into it at all. It was too far-fetched. And most far-fetched of all, was that "Ryan" could develop any kind of feelings for Lexy. Sure, I can understand why she felt that way towards Ryan, but I more expected her to smother "Ryan" than take any actual care of him. The more passages ...more
Cardyn Brooks
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whether she's writing as Sugar or Ginger Jamison, this author delivers emotional intimacy and tenderness between complicated adults in challenging circumstances. She juggles her characters' issues with themselves, family, friends and community with details that feel authenitically 21st-c. Liberty jumpstarts the Redemption series with Lexy and Ryan's poignant story. The scorching sex scenes just seal the love-story deal.

The odd disconnect between Lexy's librarian gig and her sexual innocence/ign
DiAnn
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Liberty by Ginger Jamison and think it's one of the best books I have ever read! I loved the storyline, the main characters, and the secondary characters. The author is an amazing writer and really leads the reader through a emotional and loving journey. No spoilers from me, but reading about the recuperation of Ryan Beecher and the hell his wife Lexy went through prior to his stint in the Marines is heart-breaking. The twist of the story brought tears to my eyes, but had faith t ...more
Minjee Kong
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was so excited when I received Liberty in the mail. Liberty is one of those books you just can't seem to put own until you reach the very last word. Ginger Jamison creates such a sweet and unexpected love story out of what would have been a tragedy. By throwing an unexpected curve ball at the reader, Jamison keeps the story interesting and the pages turning. I would definitely recommend this book to those who like romance novels. Great book for a snowday or beach day! (I received this book for ...more
--karen Green-berry
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed with this novel. After reading the synopsis, I was prepared for an intense, heart pounding, page turning novel. What I got was a disjointed story wher

e the characters lacked Charisma and whose dialogue throughout the book seem farfetched

Throughout the book the author hinted that the war hero could or could not be Ryan, the abusive husband. It was not until the end that it was revealed. I am on the fence as to whether or not I would patronize this author again.
Rachel C.
Note: Received in Goodreads First Reads giveaway

I loved this book. Absolutely loved it, even in the less believable moments. I like the spunk of the female character, and though the plot was mostly predictable, it was a sweet and fun book that I couldn't put down except at that moment where I got so tired I couldn't even see the page I was reading anymore. Fantastic and fun read!
Jeremy
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it
When i received the book,Liberty from Goodreads,I started reading it right away.I was really drawn into this type of romance novel,it didnt disappoint me.Lexy's story tugged at my emotions,as she had a lot to get over in order to trust and learn to love Ryan.It was a somewhat predictable story,but i did enjoy it.
Sherry
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liberty is a sweet, romantic story of lost or is it new found lovers? An easy relaxing enjoyable read with an interesting story line. At first I thought ok another romance novel, however the characters were well developed and I could feel their happiness and pain oozing through the pages as the story went on. A recommended novel. A goodreads giveaway – thank you for the copy!
Jan 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
I bought this book based on a recommendation from a romance blog....and I'm sorry I did. It was way over-priced at $9.99 and at a little over 200 pages, was basically novella length. The plot was weak, the characters were idiots and I feel ripped off. The only reason I bothered to finish it was because of the cost...
SouthernGirl
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to SouthernGirl by: GoodReads First Reads
It's getting very warm down in Texas! When Lexy Beecher's abusive husband returns from a tour of Afghanistan, she's more than ready to divorce him. But his sexy charm and newfound compassion has her heart tied in knots. Is he really the same man she married? Lexy's not so sure! Ginger Jamison writes an engaging passionate novel!

*I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway*
A. Jones
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
A truly engaging story. It had it's slow moments, but I was so attached to the characters, I pushed past them. Always nice to have some diversity in the lead; not have that be the main reason for the story, but just part of the character.
My first book by Ms. Jamison. I will definitely check out the next one, when it's released.
Jean Benedict
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book from First Reads. I really enjoyed this romantic story. There were quite a few twists and turns. The characters Lexy and Ryan were so sweet.It was a story hard to put down. A fell good story.
Kathy Gray
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book from the Goodreads Giveaway and really liked it. It grabbed me right away and I couldn't put it down till I finished it. It is a good romance and still has some twists and turns in it.
Rose
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I won this book from the goodreads giveaways.

Liberty by Ginger Jamison was the perfect read for a rainy day. It was kept the reading engaged and wanting to read more. I did not want to put this book down. I am looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future.
Alaina Maxam
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i really enjoyed this book. it was hard to put down. it shows how person can overcome just about anything and come out good with a little love.
Michelle
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
You realize the story line from the beginning but Jamison manages to convince the reader that somehow it will turn out differently. I am not sure how she did that but it made for a wonderful story!
Jan
Mar 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was less than impressive. I am surprised I even finished it.
I was hoping it would get better.
Angela
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down! It was a great book!
Tracey
4 Stars. A heartwarming contemporary romance, sweet, sexy and rewarding
Debbie Dodd
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • His Road Home
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Book of Shade
  • Fake (A Pretty Pill, #2)
  • It Had To Be You  (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #5)
  • Freakshow
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • Miss Ware's Refusal (Regency Trilogy, #1)
  • Artistic License
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • The Rancher's Second Chance
  • The Last Relicuin
  • California Homecoming
  • Love is Poison (Snow White, #1-3)
  • Look Again (Echo Platoon, #0.5)
  • The Substitute Bridegroom