Start by marking “Waiting on You (Blue Heron, #3)” as Want to Read:
Waiting on You (Blue Heron, #3)

Waiting on You

(Blue Heron #3)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  10,286 ratings  ·  1,112 reviews
Does being nobody's fool mean that you're nobody's love?

Colleen O'Rourke is in love with love... just not when it comes to herself. Most nights, she can be found behind the bar at the Manningsport, New York, tavern she owns with her twin brother, doling out romantic advice to the lovelorn, mixing martinis and staying more or less happily single. See, ten years ago, Lucas C
Published March 25th 2014 by Hqn (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Waiting on You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lindsay Aarons
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Leona I'm not sure. I'm kind of in the same camp as you. I thought he was a sorry excuse for a hero. I waffled between 2 and 3 stars. 3 stars because I…moreI'm not sure. I'm kind of in the same camp as you. I thought he was a sorry excuse for a hero. I waffled between 2 and 3 stars. 3 stars because I enjoyed some of the comedic aspects of the book. I finally settled on 2 stars because as a romance, it was very lacking.(less)

·  10,286 ratings  ·  1,112 reviews

Mo
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Coleen was popular;
not mean-girl popular,
just really well liked

I think I have read almost all the books that Ms Higgins has written. I have loved them all and she is an auto-buy for me. This one was no exception. Actually this one was nearly better than all her other good books.

She’d forgotten how he looked, like a pirate, like Heathcliff of the moors, dark and slightly dangerous … except for his eyes, which could be so sad. And so happy, too.

Colleen O'Rourke is in love with love... Coleen
Toni
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was a real page turner for me and I kind of wished it didn’t end yet after I read the last page. Unfortunately, I make these comments for the wrong reasons...

It’s a page turner for me because I couldn’t stand a lot of the scenes, particularly the ones where the author was probably trying to set up funny moments (eg any scene involving Paulie and Bryce or Colleen trying to cook dinner for Lucas). A lot of other readers may find them funny, but they just made me cringe and feel immensely
★★★
Waiting on You is the third installment in Kristan Higgins's adult contemporary romance series titled: Blue Heron. This was another very likable addition to a sweet and romantic series. Waiting on You incorporated complicated family dynamics in regards to the hero which made me tear up a bit. With palpable emotions and a few pretty laughable scenes, this one was a great addition to the series.

My favorite quote:
“I’ve found that if you expect the best of a person, you generally get it.”
“What
Panda Allen
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I've debated with myself about even writing a review, but I'm just too frustrated! I love Kristan Higgins. This is the only book of hers that I've read that has frustrated me so much. Colleen O'Roarke is a tough, take charge woman, who doesn't take any crap from anyone. Except when it comes to her first love Lucas Campbell. Even though as far as she knew he married someone 2 months after Colleen ended their 4 year relationship because he refused to tell her that he loved her and completely freak ...more
Duchess Nicole
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance with humor and depth, light on the sexy times
I truly think this is Kristan Higgins best book that she's written so far. No lags in pacing, her characters are multi-layered and down to earth, and there just seemed to be so much depth to this entire story...so many people involved and yet they all played a decisive role in how this book played out.

My heart is thumping in my chest...what an ending, what a story!

This is my first five star read by this author and it just blew me away. This is quality writing... laced with more than a touch o
Geri Reads
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 second-chance stars!

Ten years ago, Lucas Campbell broke Colleen O'Rourke's heart. It was devastating. Colleen had moved on for the most part, but fate intervened when Lucas comes back to Manningsport to take care of family business. Suddenly, Colleen's walls are tested especially when Lucas seems intent on winning her back.

What followed is one of the most wonderfully bittersweet story about love second chances, forgiveness, family and community. This book hits all the right spot for me.

Collee
Karen
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Another winner.
Didi
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
10 ++++++ STARS!!

How do you write a review about a book so perfect, you can't stop thinking about it? Crying happy tears about it? Wishing you could tell the world about it?

Giving this book 5 stars doesn't seem fitting. It isn't enough of a rating to justify how I felt reading it. LOVED IT! This is the 3rd book in KH's Blue Heron series and although I fell in love with the first one, The Best Man, this is probably the best of the series so far. We finally get Colleen's story, the vivacious and f
MRB
May 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I love the way Kristan Higgins writes. Her writing offers more style, flair, wit and warmth than pretty much any other contemporary romance author out there. (Speaking of which, prospective readers should know that she focuses so heavily on the characters' friends, relatives and various subplots that many have always considered KH's work 'chick lit'/woman's-centric fiction rather than actual romance anyway.) The fact that I love the way this author writes helps explain why I continue to try her ...more
Jonetta
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

The Matchmaker gets matched!

The set up
Colleen O'Rourke has a breezy personality with a witty, flirty retort for everybody. But underneath that generous heart is a serious bruise, created when the love of her life, Lucas Campbell, the only man she's ever loved, left her 14 years ago. Now he's back in town for a brief stay and he still takes her breath away.

The issues
No one understood why Lucas left Colleen so abruptly, including her. He had his reasons but the
♥Sharon♥
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I am really enjoying Kristan Higgins writing and this Blue Heron series is fantastic. But I am in a bit of a reviewing funk and can't seem to pull my head out of my ...... Well you get the picture right.

I've already moved on to book #4 but wanted to let you all know this one got thumbs up from me. :)

Yodamom
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author. I was pleasantly surprised to like her work. I found her characters interesting, their issues realistic without being drama rama ridiculous. I liked them I found it easy to connect with them and wanted them to succeed.

Two children from broken families, fall in love and crash in disaster. His mother died and his father was sent to prison. He is sent to live with his uncle and his wife who makes sure he feels unwelcome. She has a father who cheated and left h
Sophie ♥
Kristan Higgins, where have you been been all my li-i-i-ife?

I loved this book and I can't wait to start on her entire catalogue. I haven't read chick-lit this good since I finished all of Susan Elizabeth Phillips's books.
A_Ryan
A brilliant read for any romantic soul who enjoys a bit of a laugh and a bit of a cry too. This series just gets better and better and the characters continue to tug at your heart strings... even the damn 6ft dog!

Waiting On You tells Colleen's story (although how exactly she is part of The Blue Heron is unclear. She is obviously linked to the youngest daughter, Faith, having been her best friend since school... and it is this acquaintance which has somehow sufficed). Colleen is like a modern day
Jackie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Is it just me, or are Kristan Higgins' heroines growing more and more abject as time goes on? Colleen O'Rourke is the town "glue" girl of Manningsport, NY, the one who knows everyone, is friends with everyone, and spends much of her time matchmaking while she works in the restaurant/bar she co-owns with her twin brother. Ten years ago, her boyfriend of four years abruptly told her he was marrying another woman, and she's never had a serious relationship since. Of course, when now-divorced Lucas ...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
02/21/2015 --

I had tears at the end of this one. This is my third book by this author and I know the formula she uses to write her stories, but it works for me. She has a good, solid story. She creates really believable, likeable [for the most part] characters. Not a ton of angst, but enough to make the love worth the effort. People who know that love ain't easy, but with the right person, it is so worth it. What's not to love?

Bryce in this one was a bit much. A 31 year old man who acted like a
Leona
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Another good edition to the Blue Heron series. There were times I chuckled out loud, and the crazy townies made for an entertaining read.

This would have been a full hearted 5 stars, but I was turned off by the heroine, Colleen. She was locked in her past and could never work through some critically important issues. Instead of standing up for herself, she became a doormat. I kept waiting for her to grow a spine.

The hero made sacrifices for everyone, but the heroine. She mattered, but only when
Dee
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!.....Very emotional story which had extremely sad parts that really got to me as it brought back some very sad memories - I am just thankful that I was home and in private when reading it.

As a norm I prefer a lot more steam in my romance but will forgive that if the story is good and I like the authors style. This is the second KH story I've read and I am looking forward to reading more ☺
Bree T
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Colleen O’Rourke loves fixing up the people in her hometown of Manningsport. She owns the local bar with her twin brother Connor and can be found behind it mixing drinks and dispensing advice to her customers. She’s quick to spot a potential couple and move to make it happen. There are a plethora of little Colleens in Manningsport, named for her by grateful parents. There’s even a Colin and a Cole, the birth of a male baby not deterring some from honouring Colleen for her contribution.

But the on
Lisa Creane
Colleen is a sweetheart, caring and cool and lively, the apparent heart of her small town. But she's also guarded, burned by a couple of betrayals (her Dad, and her one and only love) so that she's breezy. She's a matchmaker and a cornball and prone to physical comedy and gentle brush-offs.

And what Kristan Higgins did to her in this story was really, really bad.

She made her pathetic, in my opinion, though I know MANY READERS will disagree with me. Colleen's still in love with her high school s
Ririn
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Got the mixed feeling all over again! It seemed like the expected reaction for the whole series (so far).

This is the third installment of the Blue Heron series and this time it was Colleen's turn. Colleen O'Rourke, part owner (the other half is her twin brother, Connor) of the popular bar in Manningsport (well, one of two restaurants in town, actually), the seemingly ever cheerful woman who always have something nice to say to all her patrons.

Hmm...how wrong I was about Colleen (and I think it's
Keertana
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
By now, it's no secret that I adore Kristan Higgins. While her covers scream "chick lit" and her writing is humorously effortless, the depth found within her love stories forced her books to transcend the stigma of mindless, cheesy "chick lit." While her latest, Waiting on You, is nowhere near as amusing, romantic, or steamy as the previous two installments in her Blue Heron Series, it is still perfectly satisfactory for a gloomy day and, as always, is guaranteed to put a smile on even the stern ...more
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
I've stopped crying so I can review this. Doesn't matter that my eyes are swollen and I can hardly see the screen.

So my first K.H book was My One and Only. This was back b4 my e-reader time when I would walk into the library and rent books to feed my addiction.

My 2nd book was Just One Of The Guys. Which will hands down always ALWAYS be my favourite book by Kristan Higgins.
That book tortured my soul. I cried and I laughed and I cried and I laughed. Shit then I cried some more. By the end of th
Rita
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Kristan Higgins is a wonderful writer and I'm always excited to read her books. In Waiting On You, Colleen O'Rourke is shaken when the only man she's ever loved returns to Manningsport. It was pretty much love at first sight for Colleen when Lucas Campbell first came to town to live with his uncle when they were teenagers. Colleen was never one for dating until Lucas. After falling totally in love with him, and expecting to spend her life with him, they have a horrible argument after she finds o ...more
Desi
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Colleen the doormat. Always there and willing to let you trample all over her. Always the afterthought, never first in anyone's life. That man of hers was an inconsiderate schmuck. Never willing to make any kind of sacrifice or life adjustment for her sake.

Simply assuming all is forgiven when he steps out of line. But hey, she never told him any different.

I also felt the twins' relationship was not very well portrayed. I never felt like she had the close emotional support of a twin brother, he
Ian
Ten years earlier, Lucas left Colleen to marry another woman. A woman who was pregnant with his child. In those ten years Colleen's life has been in a holding pattern. She dispenses advice, sets people up, but has never been able to get over her first love.

When his uncle tells him he isn't long for the world, Lucas drops everything and returns to Manningsport to be with him in his last days. And now divorced the way is clear for him to fix up his past mistakes. But Colleen is wary and her life i
BookLover
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series. I loved book one and two, but this book has been my favourite in the series so far. I find Kristan Higgins writing to be very funny. The dialogue between Colleen and her twin brother Connor cracked me up.

Colleen's deadpan comebacks for the come-ons made towards her were so funny. My favourite was...

"Oh, my God, are you flirting with me? Give me a second to take off my panties, and I'm yours."

Kristan has a way of weaving in characters around town so that you feel like you
Nadia
This book had me feeling all sorts of feels, from giddiness to betrayal and sadness, and when I finished it I was an emotional mess. Maybe because I can relate to the story, because I had my own Lucas and I had to learn my lesson the hard way. So that's why I won't even bother explaining what I loved and what me rubbed me the wrong way, and I'm gonna go ahead and say I really liked this book, but I won't be rereading it. This book just reminds me of a lot, and living through it once was enough.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Waiting on You from Harlequin HQN via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Great story, cute heroine, and a lot of romantic tension.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Nov 04, 2016 10:01AM
http://www.healthwisesupplements.com/zymax-claims-better-longer-intense-sex/ 1 2 Jul 02, 2016 03:34AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Waiting on You by Kristan Higgins 1 4 Apr 16, 2014 06:35PM
donating to fisherhouse.org 1 24 Mar 25, 2014 10:40AM

• Within Reach
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • Housebound
  • The Sister Swap
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9)
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • The One In My Heart
Kristan Higgins is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. Her books have been honored with dozens of awards and accolades, including starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, Library Journal, the New York Journal of Books and Romantic Times. She is a two-time winner of the RITA award from Romance Writers of America and a five-time nominee for t ...more

Blue Heron (5 books)
  • The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)
  • The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2)
  • In Your Dreams (Blue Heron, #4)
  • Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5)
“I’ve found that if you expect the best of a person,” Frank told him once, “you generally get it.” “What happens when you don’t?” Lucas asked. “Live and learn. Emphasis on learn.” 7 likes
“No wonder nothing had worked. No one else was him.” 7 likes