Start by marking “Breaking Bedrock (Bedrock #2)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Bedrock (Bedrock #2)

Breaking Bedrock (Bedrock #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  250 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Totally on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it, couldn't put it down!" - Book Addict Mumma

"As a sequel, this book works extremely well, as a stand-alone thriller it is also very good but clearly readers would be left a little lost about the back story (in which case read 'Bedrock' first)." —Paul Little, Little Ebook Reviews

"I haven't felt this many emotions
Published December 16th 2013 by Hot Banana Press (first published December 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Bedrock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Bedrock

Marla
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the middle book of the trilogy and it felt like a final book. You get to know William and Addison better and see how much they love each other. Also, things get wrapped up with Scott Hammons who kidnapped Addison in book one. Britney King is a good writer and her books are enjoyable. Read the trilogy back-to-back while sitting in a hammock on the beach.
Gretchen Anderson
Excerpt:
It is my belief that love is mostly about showing up. It’s about showing up in the good times and especially in the bad. It’s about being there, showing up, and continuing to show up. If you can do these things day in and day out, no matter what life brings you, you’ll find that love is there for the taking. In time you might come to find that while it’s not in the form you may have imagined - or necessarily the way that you thought it would be - it’s there nonetheless. This is the story
Angela DeMarco
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Breaking Bedrock is the follow up to Bedrock, to fully understand the story I suggest you start with the first one.

We met Addison (Addie) Greyer in the first book a happily married (she thinks she is) mother of three beautiful little boys, married to her college sweetheart Patrick. Her husband decided to move to China for work, Addie decides to stay behind with the children, she then decides herself to re-enter the work force.

She meets the handsome, powerful, rich William Hartman in the elevato
Trista Priest
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like many other reviewers I absolutely couldn't wait to get my hands on Breaking Bedrock after finishing Bedrock and Britney certainly didn't disappoint. I listened to this book from my kindle on a six hour drive and it not only made the boring drive go much faster, but kept me on the edge of my seat the entire book. These characters are all so believable and real. They make mistakes, I laughed, cried, and wanted to yell more than once. My opinions of Addie, Phillip and William changed multiple ...more
Paul Little
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As other reviewers have also stated, I looked very much forward to reading this sequel to 'Bedrock'.

In ‘Breaking Bedrock’ we see a continuation of the story almost from the point where we left off and we know the characters and their world. It is a pleasure to be re-acquainted. Importantly, there is not the attempt to recreate the same innocence of the first book, we now get to see our friends deal with the consequences of their choices in an piece that has its own feeling and power.
Addison cont
Nikki Reeves
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is just wow!!! I haven't felt this many emotions in a book in a very long time. One minute I was happy and others I was angry and other times I was just speechless. The thing I loved about this book is how you get POV from different characters. You get to see things through everyone's eyes and it's truly amazing. I don't want to give away spoilers but this book also kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going to happy. I don't care what anyone says I love Addie. ...more
Tiffany Daniels
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Addison stole my heart after all. At first I wasn't really fond of her, but with this second book, I really got to like her. She changes so much, and we also get to find out more about her and her past.
She and Patrick are still basically stuck where they were at the end of Bedrock, and honestly I couldn't tell which way it was going to go. SO much happens, and there are moments where I was like "what is going on"!
Patrick was a little better for me in this book as well, although he is still not
Jennifer Hanson
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start out by saying I didn't like this one as well as the first book, Bedrock. This one was still good and you feel like you know the characters and feel like you can see them and feel like you are part of the story. Britney continued to do an awesome job with the character development and I was so happy with the way it ended. I'm very excited to read the next installment in this series.

I read this book a second time after Britney had re-edited it and I enjoyed it much more the seco
Selena Lanovara-scott
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down read in one sitting.Seriously couldn't you of killed off that horrible mother-in-law. Addison so confusing at times I felt she wasn't as strong in this book. Finding out more of her story you know why though. I was sad about Carl I really liked him. This book more of an emotional rollercoaster than the first. I thought once Addison found out about Patrick's baby it was going to be a big blow out. I don't know many who would handle it that well lol Happy Addison and Willam ma ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read Bedrock before reading this book.
Ok where do I start?? I loved Bedrock but omg this book was fantastic.
Addison is a fantastic character. William is the rich guy. Now before you start thinking this is a girl meets rich guy etc etc then stop thinking. This is way more than a love story. The storyline running through these two books are brilliant.
To say I was gripped is an understatement. As soon as I read the first book I was messaging the author asking when book two is being released.
I hig
Melissa
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
well that was a wild and crazy ride. I don't really understand why Addison was so hesitant to be with William; why she fought so hard against it. I think he would have kept her safer if she had just given into their love. I also didn't understand the story teller chapter with Jess and then the statement that Addison should have been a better friend to jess when she needed it most. That clearly baffled me. what am I missing? 3.5 confusing stars.....
Ashley
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Britney King has give us such a great sequel that for some reason, seriously, I was in tears. I loved the ending and how it was happy for (mostly) everyone involved. Her writing is so good and I have lived the character development as well as how naturally the story unfolds. If you liked the first book, you need to read this one. This is a perfect ending to Addie and William's story.
Leynaa Yldz
Jun 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
DO.NOT.READ.THIS
Rachael Brownell
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! What a great follow up.
Teresa
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once I start a series, I do have to finish it. I read the "sneak preview" of the third addition, and it already doesn't seem to follow the first two books. Did anyone else feel like Bad Guy Scott appeared to get smarter in this book? I had a hard time with this aspect as Scott wasn't that bright in the first book, drinking or sober. Patrick doing an about face halfway through the book was a bit hard to take. Regardless of those two points, a good romance thriller story with unexpected twists and ...more
Pam
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I enjoyed Bedrock the first book in the series so much that I just had to find out what happened to Addison, I really like this young woman, and like the first book this is a great read, and certainly doesn't let you down, its nail bitingly good.
Huffnhuffcomcast.Net
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed part two of the bedrock series. This one was very easy to read. I enjoyed it so much that I read it in one day, including at work and traffic lights during traffic.
CYNTHIA
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great trilogy so far

Really enjoyed the book. Couldn't out it down! =) Kept my interest. Looking forward to reading the next one. TY
Kaitlyn Clark
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking Bedrock

Can't wait to start the third book of the series, it definitely keeps you hooked the entire time! I can't wait to see what the last book has in store.
Melinda MacLean (mel_constantreader)
Britney did it again! I love Addison and William so much. Breaking Bedrock was more than I had hoped it would be. It blew me away! Penny is exactly the type of person women dread when they hear the term Mother-In-Law. I wanted to smack her so many times. I really hope Addie and Willam are a part of Beyond Bedrock
Ricky Penley
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was exactly what was needed from the first book. It was a good continuation and I am glad that I went straight into it. The book started right where the last one ended. I’ve noticed in book’s that has seconds or thirds that there is a lapse in the time frame. But this didn’t one bit.
Needless to say that in this book we find out more about Addie and her life, even though it seemed at times she was flip flopping back and forth with what she wanted in loving someone. But when you love someone
Christina  Torretta
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
More reviews at

Although the first book seemed a little too much for me, the characters do really drag you in. So by the end I knew I wanted to read this one. I knew this was going to be about the trial (or so I thought!) but it’s about so much more.

I liked Addison so much more in this one. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not here to judge anyone, including characters in books, it wasn’t her actions that I didn’t like but that she didn’t feel like a person. In this one there was so much more to her.
Brandi Reeves-Pearson (Saints and Sinners Books)
Absolutely blown away yet again by Britney King's writing! I loved this book just as much as I loved the first one. I don't know how Britney does it, but again I could not put this one down once I started. It was like an addiction and I needed my next fix. I really enjoyed how Britney continued to give alternating points of views, and how not only we get to see how Addison is handling everything, but we also get to see the other characters as well. I really like that. It gives more to the story ...more
Amanda
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a continuation of book one, Bedrock. While book one was a little daunting at times, with so much going on, this book wraps it up in a pretty little package.

There is more drama, more steaminess, and yes more wishy-washiness. Which while it drives me crazy, I understood.

I mean, to me, this book is more realistic than most. It gets into details of affairs, baby mama and the like.

Oh, and we mustn't forget the psycho who wants to kill the heroine. And the meddling mother in law who thin
Dawn
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
Breaking Bedrock picks up right where Bedrock left off... While Addison Greyer's husband is off in China on a work assignment she re-enters the workforce and meets the handsome, wealthy William Hartman. The torrid love affair begins with an instantaneous connection in an elevator. With the pursuit of this affair comes consequences for being affiliated with William. Scott Hammons kidnapped and tortured Addison as revenge against William for leaving him on the losing end of a business transaction. ...more
Rachael Orman
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Bedrock and couldn't wait to read Breaking Bedrock. And I'm happy to say any small flaw I found in Bedrock was completely gone in Breaking Bedrock. I loved every single page, every single word.

Addi is dealing with her marriage, which is falling apart, while being in love with another man. Her husband has a mistress on the side, another reason she can't stay with him. But they have three beautiful sons and if she leaves it'll tear apart their family, so she can't leave.

William is still
Book Addict Mumma
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Britney King! WOW!!!
Breaking Bedrock is an amazing conclusion to this first book and I loved it, totally on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it, couldn't put it down!

You need to read Bedrock first to understand what is happening in the story, but what a ride you will be taken on.
Britney completely sucks you into the book so much so you ignore everything around you.
Her story lines are well developed and I loved/hated the characters but it just made me want to read it all the more.
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, r2r, own, m-f, kindle, dark-erotica, bdsm
Arc received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 3 stars

Book Pairing:- M/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- No
Is this a review book or personal read :- Review Read

Why I chose this book?

I had the chance to join the blog tour.

What I liked about this book.

* I was still interested in the story.
* Loved Jessica's bit at the end.
* You are always left hanging to w
Autumn
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was just a little bit better than the first book. I still wanted to smack Addie. She was still so wishy-washy when it came to William. I don't want to be with you, we need to end this, then BAM! She's sleeping with him. Again. I'm glad that Penny was more or less excommunicated from the family, I think she needed an even worse punishment. The end was tied up with a bow, so I'm not sure what's going to happen in Book 3. I didn't understand why this book was written like it was written by Jes ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Roses Book Snobs for an honest review.

After reading book one[read my review], I just HAD to find out how the story ends..
The love between William and Addison is undeniable. I read BOTH books in one day!

A brilliant story about everyday people trying to find a way to feel alive again, the choices that they make sometimes lead to dangerous situations and how one can take those choices and turn it into something beautiful!

I loved these two books (Bedrock Book 1) and Breakin
  • Passion After Dark (Passion, #1)
  • Academy of Love
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Driftwood Deeds (Breaking in Waves, #1)
  • Yes, Master
  • Dressed in White
  • Since He Really Feels (He Feels Trilogy, #3)
  • Atonement (Chronicles of the Fallen, #3)
  • Red (Believe #1)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe
  • Private North
  • Then, Now, Forever (Heartbeat, #2)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Come To Light (Imperfections #2)
  • Dating Delaney
Britney King writes psychological, domestic, and romantic thrillers set in suburbia. She is currently writing three series and several standalone novels.

The Bedrock series (psychological/domestic/romantic thriller) features an unlikely heroine who should have known better. Turns out, she didn't. Thus she finds herself tangled in a messy, dangerous, forbidden love story and face-to-face with a mad
More about Britney King

Bedrock (3 books)
  • Bedrock (Bedrock #1)
  • Beyond Bedrock (Bedrock #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)