Start by marking “Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls” as Want to Read:
Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  10,811 ratings  ·  1,655 reviews
They say Delia burned herself to death in her stepfather’s shed. They say it was suicide.

But June doesn’t believe it.

June and Delia used to be closer than anything. Best friends in that way that comes before everyone else—before guys, before family. It was like being in love, but more. They had a billion secrets, binding them together like thin silk cords.

But one night a y
Published July 7th 2015 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls, please sign up.
Stephanie Fintel
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Katherine I didn't read Thirteen Reasons Why, but I will say that this book left me angry. Angry for how the characters are manipulated and angry that the endin…moreI didn't read Thirteen Reasons Why, but I will say that this book left me angry. Angry for how the characters are manipulated and angry that the ending is rather arbitrary.(less)
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
YA Novels of 2015
1,542 books — 8,946 voters
Red Queen by Victoria AveyardLiars, Inc. by Paula StokesAkarnae by Lynette NoniAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirThe Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
2015 YA Covers
273 books — 518 voters

More lists with this book...

·  10,811 ratings  ·  1,655 reviews

Start your review of Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls
Emily May
Delia knew something someone didn’t want her to know, that’s for damn sure. And she threatened to tell. So whose secret was it? And what were they willing to do to make her keep it?

Lovely cover, intriguing title, nothing new or special for the most part, until a cheap twist comes flying in towards the end.

This book was all kinds of messy. Typical bitchy high-school drama that tries to follow in the footsteps of Gone Girl, but ends up being laughably cheesy, rather than an interesting psychol
Sana
This is probably going to be a difficult review to write, but

Let's start.

First of all, the MC, June is the stupidest, retarded piece of shit on Earth. Her "best friend" (who she stopped talking to) Delia commit suicide, but smart-ass June thinks she was murdered!

description

Okay that's fine, but June kept on going back and forth between either she was murdered or she commit suicide. Girl, make up your fucking mind please.

-She trusted people to easily. June trusted Jeremiah too fast. Like he could be the f
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Pitched as Gone Girl meets Thirteen Reasons Why”

Palm Springs commercial photography

Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls was one of the pop-up recommendations on my library homepage. I had heard zilch about this book before requesting it and only did so because I liked the title. (Deep, I know.) Then I saw that sales pitch contained in the blurb and had the following reaction . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

However, since I have no ability to not read a book once it is downloaded, I ha
Chelsea
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2017
I think this was a big ole pile of nope. So many trigger warnings, rape, drug abuse, clearly suicide, I'm glad I waited til I was in a good headspace to read this cause if not I'd be having some serious problems right now.
enqi ☁️✨
i don't know how to review this book. i want to give it one star and five stars at the same time. i can't think
Whitney
May 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-work, mystery
Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this book. I really liked for the first hundred pages and then it all went to hell.

I don't even know what I just read, I can't process it. This book went all over the place and took twists and turns into places that just didn't work. I feel like the author started off with a great story and then she kept adding more and more drivel that ruined it.

I gave it 2 stars because I did finish the book and because I liked the writing style but not the story
Stacee
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars?

First off, I am 100% on board with mindfuckery. I love it. Like an all caps, flailing sort of love. This...this was disappointing.

Well, the first 40% of the book was good. I was definitely intrigued at the murder/mystery/conspiracy vibe I was getting. Then there was a maybe cheating boyfriend/maybe shitty BFF plot line and I sort of lost my taste for it.

When the truth came out, it was enough to keep me going; however, I loathe not getting concrete answers when mindfuckery is a major
Es Summer

"Our hearts are pounding,
And I can't tell whose is whose,
her palms on my face,
her lips on mine,
her heart inside my chest."

Lately I've been craving this new type of books. Books about women and their relationship with each other. Books about the intense, sometimes twisted and hypnotizing friendship women have with each other. I love the way girls love each other recklessly and wild.
Unconstrained and passionately.

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls is about a consuming, intense friendship b
Aditi
“However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.”

----Albert Einstein

Lynn Weingarten, an American YA author, pens a gripping as well as an emotional tale, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls , about two friends layered with enough mystery to keep the readers engaged till the very end, in a way, the author shades light into teenage friendships, trust issues among them, teenage trauma and suicide and mysterious death into her plot.

Synopsis:

Gone Girl meets 13 Reasons Why in thi
Liz Barnsley
I have just finished this novel and all I can say is what the holy heck? The whole thing was addictively brilliant but THAT ENDING OH MY! I am not entirely sure what I'm feeling right now but that was powerful powerful stuff.

June's best friend has committed suicide. They had drifted apart in the months leading up to the tragedy and June is struggling with survivor guilt. However things are strange - and lead her to believe that perhaps this is not as straightforward as it seems. Did Delia really
merina rey
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
1 star for plot itself and being well written.
1 star for it being engrossing and keeping my attention.
1 star for overall not feeling like it was a total waste of my time.

trigger warnings!!! suicide, rape, and addiction.
Also, it has HEAVY language. Just an FYI for those of you who may not like that.

I'll just start off by stating that I think that the book had a quite promising plot.
The idea of the book was very intriguing, but in the end, the book fell short of my
expectations.

Character De
Mariah Roze
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book for Diversity in All Forms. If you would like to participate in the discussion here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I enjoyed this book. The author did a really good job of putting in a ton a twists. There were a lot of moments (the middle, 90% and end) that I was like... "wait, what?" I need to re-read that. "No way. Did that really just happen?" etc. If you are looking for a book that keeps you on your toes I suggest this one.

"They say Delia burned hersel
Nicola
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I have mixed feelings about Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls. On the one hand it's an exciting thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. On the other hand, in the last 50% the book becomes weird and insane and it was like a whole different book.

June and Delia are former best friends and haven't spoken in over a year because of "something" that happened. June receives a voicemail on the day that Delia supposedly kills herself but then Delia's boyfriend arrives and says he doesn't believe it
Sue
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult

Although this is classified as YA, I personally think anyone can read this. I am middle aged and I loved this book. Its definitely a WOW what happened there....

This is jam packed with an emotional read, two friends, Delia and June. Both are so very different in character. Whilst Delia comes across wild and out of control at times, June comes across as more mild. I think Delia brings confidence to June, until......

Delia leaves a suicide note.

This is where action starts to happen. June knows the
Erin Bembridge
Oct 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: oh-no-baby
I honestly was so confused the whole time... after reading I don’t even know what happened.
Serena (thebookunicorns)
Aug 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
1 star

This book was just so messed up. Like, probably the most messed up book I've ever read.

In a mere 300 pages, it goes from the basic high school party life messed up to straight up murdering people messed up. Every time I thought it couldn't get worse, I was wrong. The main character is lied to so many times by the end of the book it's hard for even the reader to keep everything straight. It honestly took me a little while to sort everything out.

The worst thing about this book is that there
Dahlia
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Contains so many of my favorite elements, including a toxic homoerotic friendship and some good old-fashioned revenge questing, as well as some really lovely writing. Compelling enough to read in one shot, too. Too much of the subplot stuff was left too open for me - somewhere just shy of open to interpretation and into an area of less-than-satisfying in a way that retroactively colored the book for me into something a little less successful than I anticipated finding it - but I enjoyed it a lot ...more
Rashika (is tired)
Jul 17, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
The no.1 reason I DNFed this book was Delia. June and Delia's friendship seems so toxic to me and Delia just seems like a horrible person and I JUST COULDN'T do it.

I ended up skimming till the end to see how the mystery unravelled and that's when things really got interesting but not interesting enough to make me want to read the entire book.

I am slightly let down by the book given how much I adored Wherever Nina Lies but Delia is SO NOT WORTH IT. She is actually kind of terrifying...
Kirsty
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books, signed
I almost don't want to review this book because it was so awesome and I think the reason why I was so blown away with this book because I knew very little about this book going into it.

This book is awesome. It keeps you guessing from the first page until the last about what has actually happened and whether Delia actually committed suicide or not. I found myself absolutely hooked and the ending absolutely blew me away.

This books is compared to Gone girl and thirteen reasons why but having read b
Julia Sapphire
Trigger Warnings: Suicide and Rape

One word to describe this would be Disappointing.

This has a solid premise for a young adult book involving suicide. Someone's best friend supposedly kills herself, through burning herself. But her friend June is shocked by her death and believes it to be not her doing.

June was an okay character and for the most part I liked her, than the book went down hill and so did her character for me. Her "best friend" Delia is obnoxious! Not only is she a characte
Ashley Daviau
I was a little hesitant going into this one because I’ve heard such mixed reviews but I ended up enjoying it despite having one or two issues. I didn’t really feel any connection to any of the characters but the twists and turns of the story kept me interested and invested in the story. Where it lost me a bit was towards the end, it got a little but unbelievable and it ruined my enjoyment a bit.
aPriL does feral sometimes
‘Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls’ by Lynn Weingarten is a taut thriller about a Svengali teen relationship. The plot is not beyond belief to me because, *blush*, I read a lot of news media and I watch movies besides spending my time reading books. I know there have been a few girl friendships in real life where affection and teen friendship spun up into madness.

In some ways, the novel reminded me of the movie ‘Heavenly Creatures’ which is based on a true story. https://youtu.be/kJ2yZjnPwQc an

Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls sets out to do what Gone Girl once did and shock us all, but falls short of that while still managing some entertainment throughout.

The problem is more that too much is given away for that shock and awe to happen. It doesn’t exactly help that in the book’s description is “pitched as Gone Girl meets Thirteen Reasons Why.” The twists are given away right there, so with these books in mind, the reader can anticipate what happens. This aside - the stor
Elle (ellexamines)
3.5 stars. Cheesy in places and not particularly new, but definitely an enjoyable, psychological read.

TO START WITH: THE BAD

It's cliche. I think we've all read plenty of books with slightly naive leads and evil opposite characters. Anyone who's read YA suspense of this type will know the approximate direction the plot is headed. This didn't affect my enjoyment of the book, especially since I read this before becoming tired of the cliche, but YA suspense veterans, be warned.

Another complaint:
Bren
“Sometimes the kindest thing you can do for a person is to shield them from that which will not help them. Make the decision and then carry the burden yourself, bear the weight so that they don't have to.”
― Lynn Weingarten, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

I read alot of YA and many a mystery too. This was not the worst but I did not understand alot of it and certain parts actually made me a bit queasy. So that is why I did not like it.

SPOILERS:

There was so much I did not get nor understand. I
Erin Lynn
Oh boy... I am going to have a lot to say about this one...

Full review to come.
Rachel
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was, ummm..trying to do something, but not achieving it.

I bought this book a few years ago not even knowing what it was about but because it looked cool, so I’ve learned my lesson. Haha!

June was probably one of the dumbest characters I’ve ever read. She just walked around doing whatever anyone told her. There was some seriously messed stuff going down & she didn’t ask any questions. People would lie to her right and left, & she’d believe them. Very slow on the uptake, that one.

All the chara
Jacquelyn
Hmm. When starting this, I thought I was going to love it. The writing was great and the story had me captivated. However, after the halfway mark, the book took a different spin and I didn't really enjoy it as much. Also, I was a little thrown off when we started having more than one point of view. I thought that in the beginning, the pacing was great but when we began reading from multiple points of views, the pacing was was thrown off a bit. Also, I was ready to have my mind blown but it didn' ...more
Gray Cox
DNFed at page 30 (yes, it was that bad).

Despite the beautiful cover this book fell so flat.

If I wanted to deal with shallow, meaningless, and just plain petty drama I would go hang out with a bunch of eyeliner-wearing, sailor-swearing middleschoolers who swear it's not a phase.... or I would finish this book.

Please don't make me do either of those.

• The Way I Used to Be
  • This Is Where It Ends
  • Girl in Pieces
  • Suicide Notes
  • Underneath Everything
  • A Danger to Herself and Others
  • The Cellar (The Cellar, #1)
  • Want to Go Private?
  • You Will Be Mine
  • That's Not What Happened
  • The Girl in the Picture
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • How She Died, How I Lived
Lynn Weingarten is a New York Times bestselling author living in Brooklyn. Her fifth young adult novel, BAD GIRLS WITH PERFECT FACES, was released in the US on Halloween 2017. It will be out in the UK on January 11th, 2018.

Her previous books include SUICIDE NOTES FROM BEAUTIFUL GIRLS (a NY Times bestseller, a YALSA Teens’ Top Ten book for 2016, one of Vanity Fair’s list of Best Books for July, an