Start by marking “Blindsided (Transparent, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blindsided (Transparent, #2)

Blindsided

(Transparent #2)

Three months after Fiona escapes from her father's syndicate, all seems well in her tiny town of Madison, Arizona. She and Seth are happy together - apart from the teensy fact of Fiona being jealous that Seth can see through her invisibility - and her family and friends are safe. But when the local syndicate and even the Army show up, it's clear there's more going on in to ...more
Published January 2nd 2014 by Hot Key Books (first published December 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blindsided, please sign up.
sh(e)reader Not at my library either, but available for Kindle purchase for just over $2 which was reasonable enough that I bought it ;)

Michelle Sedeño
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-4-5-stars
Originally reviewed on The Escapist.

***
Rating: 4.5

It was a year ago when I read Transparent by Natalie Whipple. I admit that I have a poor memory but I can still remember how laid back yet interesting Transparent is and how I looked forward in reading the sequel. If I liked Transparent, Blindsided wow-ed me and I really, really liked it.

The last two books I've finished (or not), I've dragged myself to read. Literally. So I tell myself that the next book I'm reading should outwit them. I'm glad i
Michelle
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**Edit 16 Dec 2013 with full review**

**This review may contain spoilers for Transparent and unintentional spoilers for Blindsided**

You have no idea how excited I am to have a finished copy of this book in my hands right now (Oct). When I saw Blindsided at a blogger brunch I did not hesitate in getting another blogger to snag me a copy (she was ahead of me but I couldn't risk the chance of not getting a copy of this book), I may have also done a little happy dance in my head, since doing it in
tKaratedo_Gakusei
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 rating
C.G. Drews
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read Transparent (book #1) AGES ago, and I was freakishly excited to get a review-copy of Blindsided. Superheroes are my favourite. Though I admit, my love for all things mutations makes me kind of critical of these stories. I want them to be as good as X-Men! Sometimes my expectations are the killer.

But I did love Blindsided! It had it's cliche moments. Like "looking for the cure to mutations" and "the army being villanious". I have read that in about every. single. super-power. book. ever
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
If you liked the first book you'll like this one as well. I thought it was a lot of fun. I liked Fiona and her invisibility. I still think it's an interesting concept. In this book she desires to see herself more than ever. (view spoiler) ...more
Sara Raasch
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BLINDSIDED is even more adorable, spunky, and action-packed than TRANSPARENT! Fiona's journey emotionally as well as physically is full of familiarity yet at the same time loaded with new twists and turns, villains, and challenges. And can I just say: MILO. *swoons* Fiona can have Seth as long as I get her brother.
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5. I was really skeptical about a second installment because I thought Transparent worked so well as a standalone, but after reading this book I can't imagine how I thought the story was complete. This did a good job wrapping it up. The only thing is that there was occasionally a lot going on and it bogged down the story sometimes. Overall I am pleasantly surprised.
Diana
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
It kinda looked too easy in the end..
Haley
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel, I love superhero/super power books. This series is so much fun. Too bad there isn't more and I know it's been a while since these books came out. This book gave me all the feels.
Shad Engkilterra
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In one example of a sequel being every bit as good as the first, 'Blindsided' was a great read.
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading Transparent so I was looking forward to reading Blindsided. The story picks up three months after Fiona made a deal with her father to keep her family safe from his crime syndicate and she's been enjoying living a normal life with her friends. However, she should have known it was too good to last, especially since she's living inside another syndicate's territory. She was never going to be able to remain hidden forever and now Juan has sent his men after her, convinced that sh ...more
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of The Curseworkers Series by Holly Black
You can find this review and many more on Skye's Scribblings!

Genre: Young Adult Alternate Reality Superhero
Rating: Older Teen (language, sensuality, violence, minor torture)
Told: First Person (Fiona), Present Tense
Format Read: Paperback (early British edition)

Three Words: Playful and tense.

Series: This is the sequel to Transparent, and you definitely have to read it before Blindsided to know how the characters came to be where they are. You can find my review of Transparent here.

Writing: N
Jesselle
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading the last sentence in Transparent, I strongly felt that there’s a lot more to be explored in its unique world. I was so ecstatic when I learned that there’s going to be a sequel! Blindsided immediately became part of my 2014 TBR list. But waiting to read the sequels of books we love feels like a million years, doesn’t it? So I would like to thank the amazing Hot Key Books for sending me an early copy. :)

Blindsided. Wow. Natalie Whipple crafted a thrilling roller coaster ride of a st
Liz
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Blindsided was a great sequel to Transparent and I'm really hoping there's a third book, because I'd love to see more from this series.

Things started off about six months after the end of the last book, and Fiona's was enjoying a (semi)normal life that didn't involve running away from her crazy father. Unfortunately for her, however, there were new problems to consider - Juan's men were hanging around too often, and now the Army was sticking its nose into things. I felt so bad for Fiona - she ju
Zoe and the Edge
This book isn't so great. Only two things saved it. 1. Superpowers and 2. Complex family relationships.

It's funny that Seth is the only person in the world that knows what Fiona look like. So, him being able to say, “Babe, stop worrying, you ARE hot.” and she can't argue with it amuses me.

He’ll never give me a straight answer, like any good boyfriend, though it drives me crazy.

The author explores what it's like to be an invisible girl in a relationship.

It feels amazing, but to my eyes it looks
Karla
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, it was a great sequel to the first book, even if the cover was a little middle gradeish for me and it didn't match with the cover on Transperent.

This book sort of picks up where the first one left off. Fiona is living a normal life after getting out of her Dad's syndicate, and everything looks happy and normal with Seth and the Pack and her mom and brother's being away from her Dad's control, but then the military arrives in her small town of Madison looking for Radiasure and
Emma
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guest-reviews
Review by Cicely - Year 8

Blindsided by Natalie Whipple tells the story of a world crippled by evil syndicates who are driven mad by their need for radisure: an addictive drug which strengthens the users abilities. These abilities which certain people possess are created when there is a mutation in their D.N.A.

The focus of the book is a girl – Fiona- who cannot look in the mirror and has no idea what her face looks like, this is because the mutations afflicted upon her means that she is invisible
Kami
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
- My covers don't match now!! Grrrr!

- This wasn't as good as the first book, but I still liked it.

- There was a lot of drama between Fiona and Seth. It bugged me. Why couldn't they just talk to each other and hash stuff out?

- I really liked the addition of Spud. She was awesome! Korean's rock!

- I could understand Fiona's desire to become visible. It would be hard to not know what you looked like.

- I didn't understand some things in the end. The military people ended up being good but not? How
Natalie TBGWP
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will keep this review as short as possible because there is no way I won't give out a spoiler.

I was so excited to read this book I had to put it somewhere I couldn't get at it. I wanted to savour re-visiting Fiona, her friends and family in the small town of Madison Arizona. It's been three months since we last met up with them all and I just could not wait to see in what direction author Natalie Whipple would go with book two as there were so many possibilities from the end of the first.

I a
K.
Contrary to appearances, this isn't a middle grade book. I know, the cover says that to me too, but it's really not. This was...fine? I liked the first book, and this was a decent if predictable follow up. That said, it DID have a serious tone of X-Men 2 about it, with there being a potential cure and Fiona and Seth disagreeing on whether the cure was a good thing or not.

It's kind of like the conversation between Rogue and Storm in X-Men 2, where Rogue's all "OMG CURE?!?!?!" and Storm gets all
Mary
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
2nd book in the "Transparent" series.

Fiona is transparent and no one can see her. She has finally gotten away from her crime lord father, just to have, not only another criminal syndicate, but the military enter her life, searching for the missing element of Radiasure, the drug that gives everyone superpowers. Only, the military is looking for a cure and Fiona has a chance to become visible... but at what risk?

This book had a very definite, but well hidden moral. Does what one looks like influ
Nicole Moser
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Caryn
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, 2014
I was surprised to learn that Transparent was going to have a sequel (since it was originally supposed to be a standalone story), and I had some trouble finding a copy of Blindsided because it is published only in the United Kingdom. However, once I did get a chance to read this book, it was like I never left Fiona's world. All of the quirks, humor, and romance are present in full force, and I was completely surprised to find out who the bad guys were. I loved the way the author ended the book, ...more
Abbey
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-love, 2014-reads
Amazing fast paced sequel to Transparent !!! Love this book and love Natalie Whipple !!
Well she has done it again.
This book was a little different than I thought it would be. Not in a bad way at all. I loved every bit of it. Whipple's characters are very well developed I felt like I knew them personally . That made it harder to end the book. I'm happy she wrote Blindsided I personaly felt it ended the Duo quite well. I have no negative thoughts about this book.
I will defiantly re-read this Duo
Alina
A quick, easy read that hit all the spots I wanted or need it to hit.
It's no masterpiece, but it's an interesting story with an even more interesting world.

I couldn't have cared less about the romantic conflict between the main couple, it felt quite forced and unnecessary, but their ending made up for it. I also liked the overall message of the book, how Fiona realized that (view spoiler)
Maren
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a great fear of all sequels! what if they don't live up to the first I loved so much? Not an issue with this book. Blindsided is an amazing continuation of the story told in Transparent! It is still such a fun, exciting read. Natalie Whipple is such an amazing writer and this is a wonderful example. I absolutely love (or hate) the characters in this book. Sometimes when you start a sequel you think you know the characters enough that there will be no surprises, that is definitely the case ...more
Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great sequel. I am a big fan of Fiona and the Pack. I'm so glad we got to hear the rest of the story. If you liked Transparent make sure you check this out. A few things that were my fav like a bit more teen dram and angst as well as some unresolved issues. But the good definitely outweighs those things. Expect the same great characters, syndicate shenanigans and a few new characters that add a lot. Good twists and turns and all around fun read.
Faith Boren
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay, I hate being critical especially because I looooved transparent, but I did not like this one that much. The plot was great, and maybe I'm just to nit picky but there was A LOT of language in this book. I get that sometimes it needs to be part of the character, but I think it was a little over done. I literally had a hard time getting through it because of that.
But the characters are as fun as ever and the plot is really great!
Rodd Thunderheart
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was a decent sequel and good companion to the first book (Transparent. I was a little taken aback how Fiona suddenly went from a completely dis-likable character angry with her mother, to better developed female character capable of leading. (I found that quite a stretch given she takes a complete 360 from one side of bad to good) Still the story kept me guessing and reading which is what good stories do. It appears to set for a third so I'm looking forward (?) to another.
Liz Stone
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I enjoyed this sequel to Transparent. The story felt natural and allowed the characters to continue to grow as the world around them changed drastically. Whipple did a wonderful job at keeping the reader guessing about who to trust, and in the end keeping the story realistic by using the theme of everybody has their own selfish reasons for their actions.

• Stray (Stray, #1)
  • Unravel (Linked, #2)
  • Tribute
  • The Color of Darkness
  • Latitude Zero
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • No True Echo
  • A Lady By Any Other Name
  • Control (Shift, #2)
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • On The Run (The Real Thing #1)
  • The Aftermath (Aftermath #1)
  • One (One Universe, #1)
  • The Memory Keepers
  • Ashes Ashes (Hostage Negotiation Team #2)
  • The Starter Boyfriend
  • Chantress Alchemy (Chantress, #2)
  • White is for Virgins
Natalie Whipple, sadly, does not have any cool mutations like her characters. Unless you count the ability to watch anime and Korean dramas for hours on end. Or her uncanny knack for sushi consumption.

She grew up in the Bay Area and relocated to Utah for high school, which was quite the culture shock for her anime-loving teen self. But the Rocky Mountains eventually won her over, and she stuck ar

Transparent (2 books)
  • Transparent (Transparent, #1)
“So are we actually cooking Radiasure?" Carols asks as he plops on his brother's bed. "Because if Mom and Dad catch us we'll never see the outside of the confession bootha gain."
Bea rolls her eyes. "Nothing new for you.”
1 likes
“She's not trying to make Radiasure, Fi. Allie is trying to cure mutations.” 0 likes