Start by marking “Armageddon Girl” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

Armageddon Girl

(New Olympus Saga #1)

Enter a Brave New World

College student Christine Dark wasn't happy. Her social life sucked, she spent too much of her time playing computer games or reading sci-fi novels (and the occasional paranormal romance) and she felt like she was missing out on everything.

Fate had something special in store for her, though.

Without warning, an unknown force drags Christine out of he
Published November 15th 2013 by Fey Dreams Productions LLC

To ask other readers questions about Armageddon Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armageddon Girl

James
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun alternate universe superhero story that takes several recognizable superheros from our world and transplants them (changing the names) into a world where they've been around since they were introduced in comics our world. Well worth a read, especially if you've got Kindle Unlimited where you can borrow all 4 books in the series. We enter the series through a girl who is transplanted from our universe to theirs, against her will, one night and discovers she has super powers of her own once ...more
James Frederick
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like super-hero tales
I tend to not give out a lot of five star ratings because there is almost always room for improvement. I enjoyed this book a great deal. It was complete fantasy, but it was fun. I enjoyed the author's tone, which was completely irreverent. I did not always care for the language used, but it was not overwhelming. It took me a while to deal with the frequently changing perspectives used by the author, but once I figured it out, it did not detract from the story. While a lot of things are left unex ...more
Coyora Dokusho
I really liked it a lot!! Superheroes make everything cooler and THAT more epic, but this author writes good characters and plot as well. LOTS of differing POV chapters.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen

Christine Dark is a cillegestudent who prefers to live in her own head and plays a lot of Warcraft.Shes dragged to a frat party by her friend.As expected its a disaster and Christine ends the night on all four on the lawn throwing up.The next thing she know is that something strange is happening to her.

She wakes up in a hospital bed before being brutalt kidnapped and then saved by a man named Face off.Only hes not quite just a normal man but a neo-human.Somehow Christine has travel led to anothe
Joe
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a superhero book before. I believe the only reason I read this book was because it hadn't been categorized yet as a superhero book on goodreads yet. I was rather disappointed though that I wasn't disappointed like I expected. I definitely enjoyed this book a lot (duh, 5 stars) and might look into reading more books in this genre. The book isn't about Christine as much as revolves around her (different POV every other chapter it seemed). It's probably my only criticism and somethi ...more
Jonathan Mcdaniel
One of best books I have read in several years.

One of the best books in the superhero genre I have ever read! The pacing is fantastic and shifts expertly throughout matching the current point of the plot. The humor is pretty spot on, the characters are believable, inasmuch as they can be in a superhero book, and their emotional experiences are relatable. This is coming from someone who has literally read 2 libraries worth of books since middle school, when found to have reading and comprehension
Andrew
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great book, and one that shows just how great small press/self published books can be. The characters were well written, believable, and relative. No mean feat when some of them are basically minor gods. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, I only which I had precognitive powers so I could read it now.
Kjirstin
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much fun! Christine is at a (super not-fun sounding) frat party that her roommate guilted her into attending when suddenly she gets sucked into another universe... Not only are there superheroes who've created a completely alternate 20th century, but as events progress it becomes clear that she's one of them.

An action-packed ride and the tantalizing glimpses of alternate history as well as the overarching reasons behind it are great fun. I'm bummed that the novel ends at what feels like mostl
Keith Bowden
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhero-novel
This was a very pleasant surprise! It appealed to me because out was not only a superhero novel, but the lead is a woman. Thus I was pulled into a first-rate cosmic tale of an alternate reality, multiple styles of storytelling and a heroine funnier than Buffy (which I consider high praise).

This focuses on an alternate reality work superheroes, diverging exponentially from WWII, and has several characters reminiscent of (but not copies of) classic comic and pulp heroes. The beginning especially h
Jim Kratzok
Great superhero story with a twist or two. Christine, the nerdy physics major ends up being pulled into an alternate/parallel universe that's a lot like ours - but not quite. Her new universe has Neos, actual superheroes, and they've been mostly around since the 1920s with a few who may have arrived earlier.

Power struggles abound and Christine may be the one who can save the day - if things work out just right. With her extreme intelligence, wise-cracking wit, and emerging abilities, she may be
Steven Mcneeley
Such a great good.

This has got to be one of my favorite superhero books I've read in a long while. I don't usually enjoy books with a female lead character but Damn if I don't love Christine. I would highly recommend this book.
Robert J. Rhodes
Geeky Macho

Lots of nerdy in-jokes. Fairly well developed characters, twisty plot, and a heap of ultraviolence. Makes superheroes almost plausible. In the words of Monty Burns. Excellent.
Deoro
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I was never a big fan of superhero books but this was really good. A nice fast-paced story that is light and enjoyable. I look forward to the next book.
John
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back to the good stuff

Having just read the first Shadowfall book, which was pretty strong on the worst of HP Lovecraft's pipe dreams, it was a real relief to see snarkiness, affection, and more human emotions portrayed instead. Plenty of action and fantasy opera too. Imperfect very very powerful hero types mixing it up with antl-life forms as well. Great stuff. Will follow this road to see where it goes.
The Shadowfall trail, nah. Know where that one goes, and it's just not for me.
Harold Reavley
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good characters. That's what is needed for a good story.

Good characters, you get the story from both sides. Even the bad guys are interesting. Longer then most of the unlimited urban fantasy books. I really enjoyed it and will start the next one. I really liked All the non European characters, mint as many of them in most super stories.
Seth
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Started reading this one when it first came out, but couldn't find time to finish it. Found it in the library recently, reread and finished it. Glad I did, as it turns out, this was worth the time, a little rough around the edges, but still a good read. Already bought book two and will take a peak at it.
Bob Casselberry
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best I've read in years!

Great stuff!

Compelling characters, witty dialogue, tight plot.

This story is everything that comic books and movies about comic books try so hard to be, yet fail miserably
Ian Denner
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This was a strange one, I almost kinda lost interest in the middle somewhere. But I am glad that I did not. This is definitely a series to follow. Superheroes! How cool is that?
Elizabeth Earleywine
Really enjoyed this book. Creative concept. Good characters. Will read more of this series.
Eric Holler
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great surprise

Surprisingly fun and engaging superhero tale. This world/universe is gonna be a lot of fun to explore. Hope it holds up in book two
Kathleen shea
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Awesome book!

Okay so I was not all that into this book in the beginning. A lot of characters are introduced and it's slightly confusing. But once I made it past that first few chapters.... Awesomeness! The plot line is very original, the characters are far from typical.
Christine is a wicked nerd, and you just gotta love her for it. She admits she rambles when nervous, and makes all types of random references. She really is one of those characters that grows on you.
Mark, aka Face-off, is als
Eugene Gorodinsky
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: superheroes
While the writing is not bad, the author tends to change perspectives (writing about what other characters do) at the most inopportune moments. Also while the descripton implies the protagonist is the girl, the narrative is switched to first person point of view whenever the author writes about events happening to a different character. It makes me think that the author associates himself with that particular character. This book also has a good vs. evil theme going, the evil being some sort of ...more
H3dakota
Cool storyline, clever & a bit original. For those that stress over this sort of thing: could really benefit from a good editor. If you can overlook the occasional badly worded sentence, incorrect word or even slips like changes to a character's name, the story itself is good. It's a quick read & leaves you wanting to continue the story. Enjoyable read for anyone that enjoys superhero stories.
Philo
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Weird, but a page-turner

I liked this book more than I wanted to. Not your typical fantasy/sci-fi story, but an engaging mix of both. Nerds, dorks and gamers will appreciate the subtext more than the muggles, but even the vanilla reader will enjoy.
Kaze9999
Great start! Love the pulp heroes in the modern setting.

Interesting twist on the super hero tale. Feels fresh and yet also like an homage to beloved comic book heroes, especially from the pulp era.
Det Cornforth
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A. Girl

A lot of offshoot histories. A little too long in my opinion. Although some was needed. A nice variation on mutant/superhuman stories. Certainly a recommended book to read. Hope the following books are as good.
David Dirks
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fresh new storyline

The characters in the story are fresh would've given five stars but thought the story lagged a little bit in the middle . Recommend this story for anyone young or old who still like superheroes.
Kickarse Reviews
I enjoyed the humour in Armageddon Girl and the throw back to geek culture but the story itself lacked any real depth.

Classic comic book origins story where the main character Christine is thrown from universe into another where superheroes rule and norms drool.

Meh.
Dave
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting take on superheroes

Entertaining read, I liked the characters and story line. Looking forward to the next book. I'll follow the series until the end.
Iori
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
It was a good read. But I didn't like the structure of the story. I hope it will be better in the next book
  • The Alecto Initiative (Loralynn Kennakris, #1)
  • The Outcast (The Empire's Corps, #5)
  • Mage-Provocateur (Starship's Mage: Red Falcon, #2)
  • Zephyr: Phase One
  • Череп на рукаве (Империя превыше всего, #1)
  • Destiny Calls (The Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • Subject 12 (Guild Files, Volume 1)
  • A Stone's Throw (Petralist, #2)
  • The Convent of the Pure
  • The Bitter Seasons (Living with the Dead, #2)
  • The Saint's Mistress
  • The Kissing Hour (The Worth Saga, #5)
  • The Starbirth Assignment: Shifter (Starbirth, #1)
  • The Nameless War (The Nameless War #1)
  • No Master Plan Here (Madness Runs in the Family, #1)
  • Jackrabbit (Just Cause Universe, #5)
  • The Statue
  • Of White Snakes & Misshaped Owls (Charlotte Olmes Mystery #1)
C.J. discovered his obsession with making up crap and writing it down at the age of 6, when he wrote his first short story, back in the days when the Cold War was still on and the only mobile devices were the wrist watch and the walkie-talkie. He's been making up crap and writing it down for fun and profit ever since.

New Olympus Saga (4 books)
  • Doomsday Duet (New Olympus Saga, #2)
  • Apocalypse Dance (New Olympus Saga, #3)
  • The Ragnarok Alternative (New Olympus Saga, #4)