Start by marking “A World of InTemperance” as Want to Read:
A World of InTemperance

A World of InTemperance

(The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  17 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It is New Year's Eve, 1875. In this humorously told Steampunk tale, adventure-prone Ichabod Temperance and his lovely sweetheart, Miss Persephone Plumtartt, once again find themselves swept up into a whirlwind of misadventure and international catastrophe. The entire world totters on the brink of war, as various nations develop arsenals of dreadful power. It seems as ...more
Published July 14th 2013 by GoldenBear Creative Workd

To ask other readers questions about A World of InTemperance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A World of InTemperance

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A World of InTemperance
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
3.5 out of 5 Stars

What a unique narrative! This is definitely a one of a kind series. I cant even really call it a narrative because the entirety of it is written in dialogue with brief setting statements. It reads like the close caption script to a movie, or a radio drama. I am absolutely NOT stating this as a bad thing! I almost gave it an extra star just BECAUSE of this! It left me to fill in the blanks with my own imagination.

The alliteration in the story was so whimsical, in a very Dandy
Dianne
A Tome Tender Exclusive!
Check out Ichabod's Quirky Interview!
Click on Banner to Enter!

TWO Winners - The ENTIRE Series!
Ends October 27, 2014
US & INTL

Sit back and relax, take a minute, clear your head, ready? Because this is the last time you will be sitting still once Ichabod Temperance takes control in A World of InTemperance a whirlwind of action, fun and peril! Think Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 in the Steampunk era! (Google the reference, youngins) The ever lovable Ichabod and the
Sue McGarvie
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ichabod Temperance is an absolutely lovable character with lots to tell. He's a happy chap, interesting and fun, enthusiastic to a fault and very much into enjoying life. Both books, A Matter of Temperance and A World of InTemperance are interesting and fun, full of facts and forms. You can see the whole world develop in your mind as he sees it through his eyes. Persephone Plumtartt is a sweet, strong yet delicate creature with whom Ichabod falls in love.
The adventures they both live together
Masquerade Crew
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
LEVON'S REVIEW

This is the amazing tale of Ichabod Temperance and his female companion Persephone Plumtartt as they travel the world on a mission to defeat alien like monsters and evil doers with new steam powered inventions.

Ichabod is the whimsical lead in this piece that happens upon Miss Plumtartt when she is in danger of being devoured by a ferocious monster of sorts; however, do not view Persephone Plumtartt as a damsel in distress, because her inner force can bring any fiend to its knees.
TheConsultingWriter
This is book two in The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance, but it is the 3rd one in the series Ive read. I guess I started a bit backward with book 3, but Im now on track. Ive said in my previous reviews that these books have the feel of an old-time radio program, something like what Alien Voices as put together in the past. I still stand by that. Ichabod Temperance has a unique voice that stands out in the sea of same old, same old. An evil organization threatens the world using a devious plan. ...more
Jessica Belmont
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasnt really sure what I was getting myself into when I agreed to read A World of Intemperance, but I am SO glad I did. This is the second novel in a steampunk series, following the adventures of Ichabod Temperance and Miss Persephone Plumtartt.

This book is full of action. Im blown away at how fast paced this story is and how energetic the dialogue and plot were. Author Ichabod Temperance has a knack for keeping his readers on the edge of their seats. I had a clear picture of everything that
Hellvis
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's New Years Eve...The intrepid adventurer Ichabod Temperance and his lovely lady companion Persephone Plumtartt have finally set their feet back on American soil just in time to join the celebrations.

photo 5_zpslgkjztmu.jpg

It would seem, however, that something fowl *ahem* I mean foul, is afoot, and the plucky pair are soon swept in to another unpredictable adventure involving voodoo practitioners, vampires, genetically modified minions, clockwork men, and hazardous bio-warfare agents!

photo 4_zpsdanersay.jpg

As with 'A Matter of
Aimeekay
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed A World of InTemperance as much as I enjoyed A Matter of Temperance, I think that I just enjoyed it in different ways.
In A World again we follow the exploits of Ichabod and Persephone.
This time we get to see the story from multiple points of view, not just Ichabod and Persephone. I'm not sure if I liked that as much as the first story, for two reasons. One reason is the beginning of the story was told mainly through Ichabod's eyes. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not as much fun as
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
Bought as part of the Indie Steampunk Book Extravaganza 2.

A World Of InTemperance is the second novel in the steampunk series chronicling the adventures of Ichabod Temperance and his paramour Miss Persephone Plumtartt. In this exciting installment, the duo and their equally bizarrely named friends must race through Alaskan wilderness in order to save humanity from annihilation by global warfare.

Temperance's inventive character naming is one of the delights of his stories. My favourite this time
Mia Darien
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
And heres my next sequel review!

I found that I didnt enjoy this one QUITE as much as I did the first book in this series, but I did still enjoy it. I found that there was a charming quirkiness to the first one that I found lessened in this one, at least through most of the beginning, though I saw more of it as the book progressed and I enjoyed it more as I saw those things return.

This book did kind of make me think of what Pattersons Zoo would have been like if it had been steampunk, and
Ula
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
After finishing book one, I wondered what more book two can bring. It's been an interesting ride up to here, but with a rather nice conclusion, so I was curious to see what villains the second novel might bring.
My feelings about it were about the same as for the first novel. The writing is very good; I keep being blown away by it. It's so fluent and poetic, yet so right and so so very rich. It's something I don't come by very often and it's been a nice change reading such a nicely written book.
Steven Daniel
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ichabod Temperance and Miss Persephone Plumtartt strike again on a completely new and incredible adventure along with new and exciting inventions. If you enjoyed Matter of Temperance, this of course is an absolute must read sequel.

Follow the dual as they fight against a global war, meeting useful and interesting characters along the way.

Great new allies! An army swiss knife of emotions. A world of InTemperance is fun, funky, quirky, and full of action. Just as much as the first book in the
Terri
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
The second book of the adventures of Ichabod Temperance and Persephone Plumtartt was nearly as enjoyable as the first. A very well written and imaginative tale, A Matter of InTemperance was a fun continuation to our favorite steam punk couple.
Jennie
Joana Dias
Wendi (BrokenBinding)
Apr 27, 2014
Ichabod Temperance
Jun 09, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tammy J Rizzo
Jun 23, 2014
Marie Heartofgold
Sep 28, 2014
Bobbi
Oct 13, 2014
Echo
Oct 15, 2014
Ichabod Temperance is a silly little fellow living in historic Irondale, Alabama, USA, with his lovely muse, Miss Persephone Plumtartt, and their furry pack family.

The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance (10 books)
  • A Matter of Temperance
  • For the Love of Temperance (The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance)
  • A Study in Temperance (The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance)
  • In a Latitude of Temperance
  • The Measure of Temperance
  • The Seventh Voyage of Temperance (The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance, #7)
  • The Title of Temperance (The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance Book 8)
  • A Journey of Temperance (The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance Book 9)
  • The Two Faces of Temperance (The Adventures of Ichabod Temperance Book 10)

News & Interviews