Start by marking “Time Will Tell (Timeless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Will Tell (Timeless, #1)

Time Will Tell

(Timeless #1)

Romance and adventure...and a trip to where an American tradition began…

Libby Edwards, a gifted horsewoman, unwittingly wishes herself back in time to Louisville, Kentucky, just before Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby become a reality. During Libby’s journey in the past, she stumbles upon her destiny. Unfortunately, he’s in the wrong century. In 1874, there’s no elec
Published June 26th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Time Will Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Will Tell

Start your review of Time Will Tell (Timeless, #1)
Shirl
I really enjoyed this fun emotional read. It took me away to a different time full of growing romance and knowlede of thoroughbred raising.
Libby Edwards,went after her dream and her love of working with horses.Her fiance,Dave,didn't understand her and wouldn't even try. He only looked at the suface of people and not taking the time to look inside at who they really were and wanted.Elizebeth went searching for happiness and to help save the horse ranch. What she found was Colin Thorpe,the orgina
Donadee's Corner
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is very well developed. The characters are amazing. Libby is the girl that everyone loves, she's loving, giving, funny and next door type. Colin is the sexy outdoorsman. The kind of guy every woman is looking for but very few women find! I loved the history included with the story and the interaction with the horses. Having been raised with horses all my life and all my family loving horses this book was very special to me. For those who love time travel I highly recommend this book. ...more
Kelsey
May 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Very PG and predictable. Doesn't make it bad, but I skimmed a lot.
"Avonna
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best romantic time travel books I have read in quite a while. A wonderful story that takes the reader back to 1874 Louisville, KY. I laughed and I cried. The romance worked and the time travel worked. Very happy to find this book and author and I'll be looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Mary
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I first read this book's description, I thought it sounded kind of corny - but it worked. I enjoyed Libby's search for self and was happy to 'meet' those who influenced her. I had tears in my eyes several times - just shows my romantic side. This was an entertaining story to pass the time.
Rebecca
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read

I've really enjoyed reading this story. Very easy to read as the story flows. I would sit down to read and next thing I knew I had read 50 pages. It has characters that you would like to meet. It makes me want to know what happens to everyone else in the book.
Michelle
I could't finish this book. It was stupid (sorry).
Barbara D. Mason
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I generally like time travel books. This one started off good, and I learned a lot about horses. The fact that Libby was a 23 year old woman with a short haircut trying to pass as a young boy in 1874 was a stretch. As she settled into life back in time, there was too much angst (should I go or should I stay) and too many love scenes between her and Colin! I thought people were more restrained in those days. Anyway, not to give away the plot, she has to make a decision about which century to stay ...more
Frances Law
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly different.

I found this story to be a refreshing change to the normal time travel romance. This is only the second book that I have read where the girl travels back into the past in her own country not Scotland! I also liked the realism, the fact that she missed our modern conveniences. I'm sure that most of us would not like no electricity, no proper indoor plumbing; no cars, phones, e-books or computers; and most of all the freedom to wear what we want and to work in a field that w
Dani
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book had a promising start but ultimately I found it to be just OK. There wasn't enough of the fish-out-of-water element that I enjoy in time travel stories. Also, the sex scenes were mediocre. In my opinion, if the sex scene is not going to be steamy, then keep the author should close the bedroom door and fade to black. The lovemaking in this book was described in flowery euphemisms, reminiscent of something I would have read back in the 1980s.

Despite the faults I found with this book, I
Mrs Pamela Bluck
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An unexpected twist

I never read the 'back page summary' as this often gives away the book's surprises, and in this case, what an unexpected and surprising twist. The story is so well written I can understand the dilemma Libby experiences having to make a life changing decision. All the way through I tried to guess the ending and was pleasantly surprised how things turned out. You need to read this book and see if your thoughts are the same as the ending. An excellent read.
Katy
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A time travel story between the present and 1874 Louisville, KY, and the beginnings of the Kentucky Derby.

How do you cope with not fitting in, especially with those who love you anyway? When you follow your heart and yet it disappoints those who love you? How do you help a good employer who might lose his horse farm? How do you leave the love of your life, especially if he lives in a very different time?

Cute story. I will read some of the others in the Timeless series.
Barbara Borror
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Time

The was ok. I liked the basic story line but there was way to much sex in it. Romance is good but leave the bedroom stuff to me to fill in. There were some miss spelling but not bad. But what really makes me mad is not getting the gender right on the horses. The writer refers to one horse as a mare then in the next paragraph it's a stallion. First the writer calls it a he then calls it a she. Make up you mind.
Eirlys
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Finds a Way

The characters were wonderfully interesting and believable. The time travelling aspect was enthralling and left me wanting more. I ran through the gamut of emotions as I read about Libby and her adventures in another time. I enjoyed reading about the horses, who were characters in their own right. A truly moving book.
Rebecca
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I was slightly disappointed in this to be honest - on the face of it, this series sounds like everything I love in a good time travel book, but the narrative became annoying after a while and Libby just seemed like she didn't know what she wanted through most of it. I probably won't read the other books in this series!
Sonya D Case
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honestly? I really enjoyed this story, to me it was a coming of age story, getting to know who she really was and going for it instead of letting other people judgements affecting her. Of course, getting used to no modern conveniences, I think I would struggle with that myself, but meeting her love in another century, acceptance by all but a few
Freshta Masoud
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. Very hard to out down! This was first Sandy Loyd's book, I have ever read. The story was regarding time travel through the theme of love and adventure. It of course had a lot of intense, especially the beginning of the book...But I would have enjoyed it more with less inappropriate parts. The story is very good without it so why trash it with inappropriate parts...
Caro
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, sci-fi, own
This was and entertaining and interesting read. It definitely gets you to think and brings the complications/situations to life. Good characters that have you thinking and maybe some self-reflection. Strong emotions, some tense moments, intriguing personalities, some steaminess and a happy/sad ending. Could be a tear-jerker. Great for the lazy-day, snuggle-in kinda book. Good luck.
Shadara Wood
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Timeless Love

This was a wonderful read that let's the reader into another world. To find a love like Libby and Colin's is every girls dream. What would you give up for the perfect love, me everything and more, just like Libby. Thank you for weaving a timeless tale of love, family and friendship. I can't wait to read the next in the series.
Sharon Samms
Loved it! A great time travel book!

This was an unusual time travel book and rated 5 stars right up there with my favorite time travel book by Rita Mae Brown, Riding Shotgun. Libby accidentally travels from 2013 to 1874 and takes on the guide of a boy to work on a horse 🐎ranch after meeting a 10 year old boy who sees her arrive from the future.
Magi Kyle
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable book

I did enjoy this book, but I did feel like the main character whined too much about going home. Either do it or don’t, is how I felt towards the end. I was beginning not to care if she went back. I just wanted and ending.
Phylis Collins
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful reading

Time Will Tell by Sandy Loyd is a wonderful time travel story. It's about the early days before and after the forming of the Kentucky Derby. Where two people find each other and fall in love. Very good. My free opinion. Thanks
Mary  Aquino
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Different Type of Time Travel Romance

Check, a story about a girl who loves horses would have captured my interest...This story of cross-century love and horses, and romance....quite good!
Nikole Fucci
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written

Enjoyed the book. It was well written and a fast read. Time travel is a new interest for me and this didn't disappoint. Would recommend to anyone who likes romance, anyone who likes horses. Would definitely read more from this author
Molly McMurray
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic time travel story!

Loved the characters which were well developed. Hated having to stop reading at meals and bedtime, it was that captivating a story. If you are a fan of time travel romance, this is the book for you! Thank you, Sandy Loyd!!
Jean Holtof
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read with some interesting adventures in a previous century where mod cons were absent. Dressed as a boy Libby manages to deceive the locals for a while and rides the horses on Colin's Thoroughbred farm.
Traci
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Time travel

I love time travel stories and this book did not disappoint. The character is able to go back and forth from current time to the 1800s. Add to that it is about horses too and I was all in. Love story for the ages.
Chris
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a fan of time travel lit but I liked this one!
Valerie Kerwin
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Almost stopped reading a couple times, but turned out to be better than I first thought. Time travel scenario made it interesting.
Kimberly
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love romance time travel stories. This did not disappoint! Just wish there was more of how life turned out for Colin and Libby

• Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst #1)
  • Love Beyond Time (Morna's Legacy, #1)
  • Come Home To Me (Second Chances, #1)
  • A Knight to Remember (Merriweather Sisters #1; Knights Through Time Travel #1)
  • West (History Interrupted #1)
  • A Lantern In the Window (Western Prairie Brides, #1)
  • Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance, #1)
  • A Bridge Through Time (Thistle & Hive, #1)
  • Daughter of Time (After Cilmeri, #0.5)
  • Swept Away (The Swept Away Saga, #1)
  • Third Daughter (Royals of Dharia, #1)
  • The Spirit Path: The Spirit Path Series - Book 1
  • Golden Chances (Borrowed Brides, #1)
  • Montana Untamed (Bear Grass Springs, #1)
  • Passage West
  • That Healing Touch (Cutter's Creek, #1)
  • Dear Maude (The Dear Maude Trilogy #1)
  • Highlander's Bride (Moment in Time #1)
Sandy Loyd is a Western girl through and through. Born and raised in Salt Lake City, she's worked and lived in some fabulous places in the US,including South Florida. She now resides in Kentucky and writes full time. As much as she loves her current hometown, she misses the mountains and has to go back to her roots to get her mountain fix at least once a year.

She spent her single years in San Fra