Start by marking “Axel (Corps Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Axel (Corps Security, #1)

Axel

(Corps Security #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  36,046 ratings  ·  3,078 reviews
Alternate Cover for B00DU1GW80

Note from the author--This book is intended for a mature reading audience and isn't suitable for younger readers.

Fate hasn’t always been friends with Isabelle West. In fact, fate has been a downright bitch. Isabelle has learned the hard way how hard life can be when fate isn’t by your side. It can hand you dreams on silver platters, but it
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 328 pages
Published July 8th 2013 by Harper Sloan (first published July 7th 2013)

·  36,046 ratings  ·  3,078 reviews

"That's All" Ash
***This review contains spoilers.***

“AXEL” FANS, YOU MAY WANT TO *AVERT* YOUR EYES, BECAUSE…

photo tumblr_inline_mge9tqfXBU1rbumi6.gif

Let me preface by saying that I didn’t HATE this book. There were some things I liked about it. I’ll get to those later. Right now… I just really have to get some things off my chest about this book. So hear me out for just a few painful seconds!

ISABELLE

Isabelle. AKA the whiner himer heroine. Look, I’m just going say this to dear ol’ Izzy:

*I understand your crying about your parents dying.
*I underst
Rachel (BAVR)
Swear to Christ this bitch needs to calm her tits.
- AXEL!

Those are my fucking tits and she is my fucking girl.
- AXEL!

Are you in love yet? AXEL! sure takes heroics to a new level of caveman, doesn't he?

Beware of the New Alpha, romance readers!

He's hot, ripped, and hung like a horse.
His dick slices through granite and punches ten sharks.
He likes a girl with a vagina that can gush like a geyser
and HATES any man who dares look sideways at her.
His sperm are like ninjas that make dragon babies.
H
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo SloanCorpsSecurity1TitlebySueBee_zps591ee5a9.jpg
 photo AxelGIFcolor1MB_zps2150b194.gif
★★★★★! Axel (stand-alone), debut by Harper Sloan. A beautiful, poignant, angsty & at times violent story following Izzy in the aftermath of her parting & later reconciliation with her once-upon-a-time love-of-her-life, Axel!

Corps Security is a new series courtesy debut author Harper Sloan. It introduces us to a hot group of former US Marines and though each book will have its own hero/heroine it is recommended you read series in order:
Axel (book 1)
Cage (book 2)
Untitled (book 3)
Untitled
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance Erotica

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK.

I swear every time I read, said or hear the name Axel this happens

photo tumblr_mk2zgau9Bo1qzrua5o1_500_zps34761390.gif

Harper Sloan has wound up her bat and officially knocked her debut novel out of the park. I for one cannot wait to get MORE MORE MORE!

Young love

Christy
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Fantastic Stars!

“description"/

This was a debut novel??? Seriously?!?! Axel hooked me from the prologue and never let go! Reader beware: Once you start this one, there will be no putting it down! I stayed up way past my bedtime just to finish! There is nothing better than a well written story about a second chance at a first love- add in super hot military guys (yes... I said GUYS as in more than one) throw in some scorching hot sex scenes, and an emotional back story, you get a wonderful 5 star read!

Fate ha
Dd
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

All my fellow Axel lovers, before you all strangle me to death, I love Axel too.

And I agree with you all....Axel is hot.Axel is ecstatic.Axel is orgasmic.

I know, I know, all of your hands are still itching to strangle me.

But let me explain the reason behind the 3 stars.

I'll start from the beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------

The beginning was lovely.

I gave up pleading to the the heavens years ago.Ten years to be exact.The day he walked out of my life.The day the s
• Lisa •
FIVE SECOND CHANCE STARS.

"Missed you ... So fucking much, princess."

description

Well, hello readers welcome to AXEL, a firm five star favourite. If you have not already clicked this up you are in for a huge treat, and if you have already read this you will understand my over exuberant love for all things Harper Sloan and her particularly gorgeous talent of writing. I thought I had my favourite authors all figured out, a nice tidy collection of writers that tick my boxes and deliver five star reads, then a
Aestas Book Blog

Calling all badass Alpha male fans!!! You need to check this book out!!

It was a blend of all the elements I love in a book - protective Alphas, great character dynamics and a beautiful second chance at a once-in-a-lifetime love.

Over ten years ago, Axel walked out of Izzy's life and she never saw him again. But she'd never forgotten him or let go of her love. Heartbroken, she is now trapped in a love-less marriage to a vulgar, abusive, controlling husband. Her life is miserable and sh
Harper Sloan
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it so of course I love it! ;)
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Well well well, Harper Sloan...... You've got yourself a debut novel. Nicely done!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The gist of this book is all about second chances with love. Izzy and Holt "Axel" Reid had young love....the kind that stays with you even when time and circumstances pull you apart physically but never emotionally. Axel, the kid with a rough life, going from foster home to foster home meets Iz in their teens and she's like a light in his darkness. When he enlists in the Marines, he promises to return to her as s
Jamie
Fucking Awesome! Perfection!

IT'S LIVE ON SMASHWORDS!

Hell bells this book was breathtaking!! Harper Sloan, with one book you have moved yourself right up to the top of my favorite author list!! This story had every single thing I want in a book. It was perfect.. just perfect!! Axel had me all hot and tingly though out the majority of this story.. I want my very own Axel!!

This story was about a love that was so deep that neither time, distance, or mi
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Love Conquers All stars

*Spoilers*

photo tumblr_inline_n2x3xsyeVw1ss9nq4_zpsexezg49i.gif

Now that is what I am talking about!!!!!!! Wow I loved this book!

Axel is the first book in the Corps Security series, and Man did this series start with a bang! This book grabbed me from the beginning, and kept me hanging on every word til the very end!

Isabelle West has had a Hard life, and it all started the day she watched the love of her life Axel, get on a bus heading out to basic training for the Marines! From then on it has been one thing after another
Anna

5 stars.....holy sweet Alpha extreme. Mama LIKEYYYYYYY !!!

This book was amazing!!! It gripped me from page one. Taking my tender heart by storm and then......ya know...captured my girlie parts to holy hot as fuck man in uniform heaven. I'm still swooooooning !!!

I haven't always been this weak person; this broken woman. I used to dream, and when I did, I dreamt big. I had plans, plans of a future so bright it would blind you.

Twelve years ago young loves Axel and Izzy had a tearful goodbye. Axe
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amor Vincit Omnia
~
W.O.W

Brilliant debut novel by Harper Sloan.
I seriously fell hard for this book, like my knee is aching by the looks of how hard I fell ;) LOL

How was this book?
OUTSTANDING!

Good lord, Alex and Izzy...
description

This book had a brillant story, like 2 days after finishing it, All I can think about is this story! I'm in a very happy place ;D Got a nice bookbuzz going :P
description

Alex was HOT!! Like 'please let me lick your face' type hot!

I loved this book, Like seriously loved it too bloody much.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

3,5 STARS

What a wonderful story!!A story about lost love and found...

Izzy and Axel met in high school and were that perfect couple that you knew was going to take on the world together.They were inseparable..

Until Axel decides to join the Marines and make something of his life. He has lived in foster care up until this point and hasn't had the best home life...
Things weren't good for Izzy..
First Axel is shipped off to the military,then her parents die,she loses a baby she didn't know she wanted
Alp
Warning : Sugar overload!

Sweet. Angsty. Melodramatic.
Well, this was an OK read, neither good nor bad. Apart from the fact that the cover of this book caught my eye, I knew nothing about it. I went into the story with almost no expectations, and came out of it with enough impressions.

What worked for me :

1. Axel. He's amazing, OTT alpha man! I'm a sucker for possessive heroes, so how can I say no to him?
2. The Corps Security guys. They're all particularly swoon-worthy.
3. The plot, a very same old
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

♫Listened to the audio for a re-read 12/4/2017♫

This book was absolutely perfect! By the first chapter i fell madly in love with it, and by the end i knew for certain that this author is going to have a kick ass career. This is Harper Sloan's debut novel yet it was the very best book that I have read in awhile. All I can say is wow, I see myself re-reading this many times in the future.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
“Missed you… so fucking much, Princess.”

Sometimes, dreams don’t let you down because that is the only thing I have been waiting to hear since the day he left me forever.   In my dreams, all my problems melt away, because I am safe. Safe and back in Axel’s arms.

Ok...I just want to get one damn thing straight here. This was a debut novel? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!!!

Harper Sloan, woman, you rock! Keep on doin' what you're doin', because fuckin' A, but you do it so well!

But as is my usual, I digres
Kelena
"I was standing on the tips of my toes, stretching up as tall as I could and meeting his waiting lips in a sweet kiss. I had bought a new soft yellow sundress to wear that day and it was hanging beautifully from my youthful body."

description

If you want your mind to be blown away and your emotions being turned inside-out and upside-down than Harper Slaon debut is the only way to experience such Roller-Coaster Ride!
this brand new author in fiction world just gave us something that'll leave it's marks on our
Brenna
“Hey, today I think I will be weak, broken and completely fucked up!”

Okay, okay… no, that’s not really what she says. It goes more like this… “Like I said, I haven’t always been this weak woman. I don’t think anyone wakes up and says “Hey, today I think I will be weak, broken and completely fucked up!” BUT geezus, it sure felt like just the last part! I won’t go into the plot too too much, but here it goes…

Izzy has been in an abusive marriage for years when one final gruesome incident urges h
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 So Much Love Stars

Amor Vincit Omnia

description

Two young people in love. When fate tears them cruelly apart and beat them down in the process, will they manage to find their way back to each other? Become once again a beacon of light in the darkness of their existence? Find each other and untangle a web lies, meant to keep them apart. Fate and karma are cruel bitches and you have to fight tooth and nail for what you want, for what is owned to you. Happily ever after is ours to claim, if only we reach and
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is two souls that have been adrift for loo long finally coming home to each other. This is healing.

This book made me FEEL.

I felt angry, sad, frustrated, happy, ecstatic, ….I was completely addicted.

This was me during this book:

I was like:

Then I was like:

This book was so intense. I felt the pull between Izzy and Axel get stronger and stronger as I was reading. It was such a build-up of emotion. I love Izzy’s voice. It’s real. It’s raw. She
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Those gorgeous ex marines, this book gave me a pleasure of

photo tumblr_mprdkwQ7TZ1s8knsco1_500.jpg

photo d902494cc6ac4dd1dd859d1db6a52bcb.jpg

photo 683abe18bbbeab5d307d628a421e81ba.jpg

Axel, ooh my, he is not only alpha male but he is so delish and lush! Guaranteed, you will be hooked! I had a hard time focusing!!

photo tumblr_inline_motltgpkc01qz4rgp.gif

"People say karma is a bitch but I have news for you, karma doesn't have anything on fate when she is after blood. Not a single thing"

Our girl, Izzy gave her heart away when her gorgeous bf, Axel left for Marines. She is heartbroken, lost, empty and marries an arsehole, Brandon. Despite that, Axel is in
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
*****5 Stars*****

description

“I won’t let you go until we figure it out. Not happening. Do you feel it? Every single thing we ever felt for each other, it is still there Izzy and I won’t let you push me away. We walked back into each other’s lives for a reason… There isn’t one goddamn thing that will tear us apart again. Lost too much time already, Princess. Too much time that I should have had you right here in my arms… Not one day went by Izzy that my heart didn’t belong to you.”

I love, love, love this
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 I love an Alpha, Stars!!

photo Imfine_zpsptqispoj.gif

This book starts out with a horrible BANG with Isabelle's controlling abusive husband going off his head at her, just for going out for coffee with a friend. That friend is the same one who came back and took her away after she'd been beaten to a pulp.

Six months later and Isabelle/Izzy has set herself up with a new life with her best friend Dee (who is f-ing awesome!!)

As we learn more on Izzy's past, we learn of her first love Axel and the devastating way they'd lost
Dilek VT
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Jan BBBf-Sizzlereads & L.A.B.B
OMG, I keep finding all those books that piss the hell out of me.

Here is what happens:

Axel & Izzy were teenage lovers. Axel joins the Marines and promises to come back to her but when he comes, she is not there. He tries to find her so hard even when he goes back to his rope (how hard could it be?) but he cannot find her trace until after 4 years when he finds that she is married. He gets angry thinking she couldn’t wait for him.

On the other hand, Izzy’s parents died 2 weeks after Axel join
Mona
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mona by: Melissa *Pervy Kitten*
*****5 Emotional, Heartfelt Stars*****

description

Heads up, spoilers along the way...
I'm going to try and not write much about the plot because I think you all should try this and experience it for yourself.

I'm finding it hard to express in words how emotional this book is and how deeply it can affect you. I felt as though I was there every step of the way, experiencing every heartache and challenge life could dish out for Isabelle (Izzy) and Axel.

_________________________

They way the story began and wha
Jen
I have just finished this ARC copy written by Harper Sloan, and have to say that I now have a new favorite author! Harper Sloan knows how to write a story, and she writes one that will keep you absorbed from start to finish! My advice to anyone who is getting ready to sit down and read this; make sure you have time on your hands. I have been a very cranky lady with my interuptions from this book! Each time I had to put it down, the story and characters were all I thought about until I was able t ...more
DKristin
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Well I wrote a review but gr decided not to save it. Let's see if I can remember exactly what I said...

I have finally gotten a chance to read Axel! It seems like since it came out I have been attempting to read it. It had a few annoyances that kept me from being able to give a full 5 stars but for a debut novel I thought it was the business!

One of my biggest pet peeves, unfortunately, was in this book. That is when a conversation can be had that would either remedy the situation or would set in
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Love Plus One (G-Man, #2)
  • Seize Me (Breakneck, #1)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Welcome to Sugartown (Sugartown, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Skin Deep (Skin Deep, #1)
  • Travis (Alluring Indulgence, #3)
  • Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Damaged and the Knight (Damaged, #2)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact Ha

Corps Security (5 books)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Cooper (Corps Security, #4)
  • Locke (Corps Security, #5)
“Axel Reid, you wake up right now!” I yell. “Get your paws off my tit and call your dick off its search for my pussy, he found it asshole, now back off.” 178 likes
“She was mine.
She is mine.
She will always fucking be mine.”
140 likes