Start by marking “Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)

Reclaiming the Sand

(Reclaiming the Sand #1)

Bully and victim.
Tormenter and tormented.
Villain and hero.

Ellie McCallum was a bully. No connection to anyone or anything. A sad and lonely existence for a young woman who had come to expect nothing more for herself. Her only happiness coming from making others miserable.

Particularly Freaky Flynn.

Flynn Hendrick lived a life completely disconnected even as he struggled
Published March 17th 2014

Amy Queau
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I want to start out by saying that when I write 5 star reviews, I do it so that the author can read my words and feel good about impacting another reader. I usually choose my words carefully and try to focus on everything that moved, touched, or impressed me.
Well, I can say that I'm writing this one for me. Sorry A. Meredith Walters, but I'm going to be a little selfish with this one.

Almost four years ago, I had my first child. A beautiful, chubby, blue-eyed joy that I couldn't wait to teach. I
Christy
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5+ emotionally spent stars!
 photo fa773f59-7821-4bc6-8ae4-48a6d8738f0e_zps5d744280.jpg

I was so nervous to read this book. I had heard so much about it. Some loved it, some couldn’t finish it. All I knew is it was written by the author of one of my favorite books and it sounded like an emotional read so I picked it up. I’m so happy I did. It was not an easy read, there were parts that were hard for me to stomach, it was worth it. This story was original, heart wrenching, beautiful and simply remarkable.

If you don’t know much about Asperger’s Syndrome o
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5 ‘IT’S GOING TO HURT LIKE A MOTHERF**KER’ STARS

description

No doubt or second guessing about it, Reclaiming the Sand just earned a “best book of 2014” nomination from me. Three words come to mind when I was asked to describe the story: get-your-tissues-ready, OMG-the-writing-is-phenomenal, and Flynn-will-steal-your-heart. Technically three words right?

Normally this is where I launch into a brief description of the book and what I thought was great and yada yada, but this review is going to be a little dif
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED *** 4.5 stars

Woah. This was one tough read but it was absolutely beautiful. The emotions that A. Meredith Walters' evokes through her writing make you truly feel as though you are living the story alongside her characters and she writes with such vivid imagery that her words just come to life right before your eyes.

This was the kind of book I wanted to read as slowly as possibly just to enjoy the actual writing itself. However, despite the beautiful writing, this boo
A. Walters
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I never know if I should rate my own books...because how ego-centric is that? But yeah, well I'm rating it anyway because Flynn and Ellie are very special to me and I hope they'll be special to you too! :-)
Jasmine
5 GIMME MORE TISSUES STARS! ★★★★★

"I hated the joy his pain gave me. But it was a power I couldn't have anywhere else."

Having read Lead Me Not by this same author previously and was left feeling underwhelmed, I certainly had my reservations starting her other books. But all hope is not lost when Feifei told me to give this author another shot by rec'ing this one to me and let's face it: Usually when a book sits on Fei's top reads of the year, this book must be doing something helluva right.

And
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, favorites
Rating : 5 ‘ …yes they were made for each other’ Stars

description

My Views : I think for me what made this book special was how the two protagonists who belong to two completely different worlds were brought together to create their own personal world. These two have different backgrounds, pasts, attitudes and behaviors yet they belong to each other.

This is a book where you will want to cry, laugh, smile, beat the shit out of Ellie for her treatment towards Flynn description and sometimes you’ll want to kidnap Flynn
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Reclaiming Stars

description

*Please note this story has some truly heartbreaking scenes*

I had no doubts that A. Meredith Walters could deliver an Asperger lead male and an Reactive Attachment Disorder heroine. This story was indeed well done! I think readers will feel Flynn’s pain -- but I think more light should have been given to Ellie’s disorder. I am noticing that some friends are struggling to empathize with her. Ellie's disorder is real, and unlike Flynn who had a caring mother no one ever helped
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
+5 Beautiful,Emotional stars

"We were a perfect,messed up pair,
Flynn and I."

Such a beautiful story! I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!! This book was perfection!
It was so intense, emotional, heartbreaking, captivating, sweet, beautiful, romantic, unique and realistic! There are so many words to describe how much I loved it!!! This book did something to my heart...really I couldn't stop crying! I decided that I like this author a lot! And after reading another book of hers I can say that
Patrycja

Release Date: March 17th, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Reclaiming Sand was a rough and bumpy ride for me. I’m still not sure how should I express my opinion about what I’ve read. It certainly was a beautiful and heart wrenching story. It was definitely something original, eye-opening and… brutal. The writing, the characters, the plot were flawless. However, this book was just
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Update~Spotlight on Febrary 4th 2015:
CHARACTER AND AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Flynn Hendrick from Reclaiming the sand by .Meredith Walters:Q&A **GIVEAWAY**

Enter the Giveaway here~ http://on.fb.me/1zIt7uV

photo AB66CA81-90CF-49EB-90F8-3B414716BBCD_zpsuocijtbo.jpg

WOW 5***** STARS

What a profoundly AMAZING read, there is so many great Reviews already for this one I'm going to just write some of my thoughts. This is the kind of book that starts off cold but warms your heart the more you read and get into. It is gripping t
Brandi
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

This was such a tough read, but it was worth it. Reclaiming the Sand is an emotional story, it's unquie and beautifully written. Told from both Ellie (present) and Flynn's (past) POV.

description

Ellie McCallum is a bully. She is a product of the foster care system. Angry and disconnected, she doesn't care about anyone. At 15 she meets Flynn and her life is changed. Now at 22, Flynn enters her life again.

I had cared about Flynn. So much. It had scared me. I was terrified to feel anything for anyone
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
"5 Second chance stars"

You will hate me.
You will love him.
I love him.
He has changed my world.

description

This quote got me so intrigued I had to dive in to know more about this bully and her victim. Yes! I hated Ellie for better part of this book for tormenting Flynn when they were in high school but when I got the insight of real Ellie, I sympathized for her.

Ellie had a rough life growing up, she was abandoned by her mother at the young age of six since then she was under foster care, despite taken by d
Smitten's Book Blog

Heart-breaking, excruciating, inspiring, beautiful and unforgettable!

5 STARS FOR ELLIE & FLYNN!

Oh goodness, this book was tough. Like, really tough. I really, really struggled to read some of the scenes and I know some of you are going to totally balk at this. There are some real extreme bullying scenes in this book and to be honest, sometimes I just wanted to shut my Kindle off and walk away. I just couldn't deal with it.

I hate being alone. I want people to talk to me. I want them to lik
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Whoa, this book made me uncomfortable reading it. A couple of reasons why:
(1) As a mom, you want your child to fit in and belong. And watching Flynn not fit in was painful. The constant bullying by a group of kids hurt my heart.
(2) As a former teen and now having 3 of my own, I know how hard it is to stand up against the crowd and stop others from tearing down someone who is different from the 'norm.' Sometimes it’s just easier to go with the crowd, even if it’s NOT the right decision.

Reclaim
Mysza
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read

This is a story about a girl named Ellie and about a boy named Flynn. Ellie is broken, Ellie is damaged, she is a „product” of foster care system, she is mean, vicious, cruel and violent. She is bully. Flynn has Asperger’s syndrome, Flynn has problem with communicating, he is shy, he is quiet, he is reserved. He is Freaky Flynn (and OMG my heart was breaking everytime I read that insult in the book). Somehow, by chance, Ellie gets to know him and their acquaintance grows into friendship, but the
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Review after re-read

This is the story of Ellie and Flynn. Bully and victim. Ellie had been tormenting Flynn, when they were at high school, along with her group of friends getting pleasure from making his life miserable. Flynn has Asperger's and he couldn't understand why people were treating him that way.

There was no coming back from loving
Flynn Hendrick.
Ever.

Flynn has found his way deep into my heart and I'm not letting him get out of there. Seriously, thank you for this amazing book! Th
Glass
After finishing Lead Me Not (you can read my review here), I couldn't resist and not pick up one more novel by A. Meredith Walters. I am happy that I did, because what I read was equally good as her latest novel and completely different when it comes to the story.

I did not expect that. One of the biggest cliches of new adult genre is alpha male/bad boy who falls in love with the good girl. A lot of drama and angst. Reclaiming the Sand is a novel that might not appeal to the fans of genre. Why?
Rag
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5++ 'Messed Up' Stars

photo image_zps6f460e35.jpg

Reclaiming in the Sand is one fucked up story.

Ellie is a bully, full of hatred, and an unhappy person.

“I am an ugly person.
I do ugly things.
I think ugly thoughts.
You will hate me.
You will detest the choices that I have made.”

“If it’s true that eyes are the windows to your soul, I knew that mine held no possibility for goodness.”

Flynn is the freak, the awkward kid, and the kid with Aspergers.

I hate being alone. I want people to talk to me. I want them to like me. It makes
♥Sharon♥
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Beautiful Stars!

Sometimes love is painful. Sometimes love is beautiful.

photo RCcollage_zps3c34542f.jpg

I’m not sure how to start this review other than to say that it was BEAUTIFUL and PAINFUL in equal measures. The beauty in the book came from Flynn Hendrick and the pain came from Ellie Mccallum. This book will bring about emotions that will have your heart hurting in ways it may have never hurt before BUT for me it also had my heart experiencing a pure sense of love that made it worth each and every tear that fell. And y
Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading

5 Heart-breaking Stars

Wow! This was truly amazing. A really tough read but a beautiful story nonetheless.
Sometimes it was hard for me to continue, the bullying scenes were too much at times but I'm glad that I didn't.
This book was brutally hohest and eye-opening, it touched subjects that most people avoid to acknowledge even though they're big issues in todays society.
This book needs to be read.
This story needs to be heard.

Bully and Victim.
This is their story.

Flyn has Aspergers syndro
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Buddy read with my ferocious little Anna and my Barrons-like friend, Jenny :P

So.....I don't have a ton to say about this book, other than I was severely disappointed. I've recently fallen in love with a book that has the whole 'Mean Girls' and bullying thing going on, so I really wanted to find another book like that-bullying wise. I've also recently started to realize I am in LOVE with flawed characters....especially of the male variety. So, naturally, I figured this book would be a slam dunk-a
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
reread:29/06/15
Still love it... but Ellie did disappoint me more the second time around.

First read:02/01/15

This book had me at the edge of tearing up one too many times... I just... *Sigh*
Wow...
Ok I'll be back when I can think straight.

I was really conflicted reading this book and even more so trying to write this review.

I think what makes a book amazing is when an author is able to convey an idea so flawlessly thought out making you come back for seconds despite having you disagree wholehear
Vishous
DNF 38%

There are books that I pause because I realize I am not in the mood for that type of book, but I still want to finish them. On the other side there are books that make me ponder should I give up or push myself, or pause and put it aside for couple of days.
When it comes to this book, I simply chose NOT TO FINISH it.

The problem is not in the story. I was really excited to start it the second it was live. Flynn, with Asperger's syndrome, would be the only reason for me to make myself finis
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Buddy Read with my favorite Indy girl Chelsea*

*click to read her review

I love reviewing books, I really do. Yet sometimes I come across a book which I don't want to review at all. Why here? Although I did feel contradictory emotions through my read, I end feeling hollow in the end.

As you can guess, I don't like this sensation at all.

#PlotLacking aka I'm not impressed that much

The story was going nowhere. I'm sorry but it's true. That's my truth, anyway. Of course we can argue that it's a j
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

photo 833799.gif

A.Meredith Walters always gets me with her brilliant writing! It feels like I was in the story. You feel it in your bones what they are going thru'.... THAT'S SIMLY CALLED --- AWESOME FAB TALENTED WRITING!

photo My-Whole-Brain-is-Crying-GIF-Donald-Glover-Troy-Barnes-Community.gif

Reclaiming the Sand made me happy, sad and angry! Flynn Hendrick was a boy that will you fall in love immediately. He captivates us. He is very strong boy.
He is the boy who gets angry and cries when Ellie and her gang bully and torment. These bunch of people are so mean. Like they don't have
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This is a tough book to read...no doubt about it. Both the H/h have some heartbreaking issues to deal with and most of the time, they are pretty over the top. But...it's those few sweet and loving moments that makes this book worth it.

Ellie's mother abandoned her when she was six years old. From that moment on, she was passed from foster home to foster home...never forming any attachments. She never let anyone get close, that was, until she met Flynn.

Flynn has Asperger's syndrome and while he
Dee Montoya
*****5 Stars*****
~Pure,simple and completely complicated Love.~

I've been daydreaming about Flynn Hendrick ever since I finished reading this magnificent story, I needed a few days to gather my thoughts and try to compose this review; I was deeply touched by this story and it will be, without a doubt, in my top ten favorites for this year.

Ellie is a girl who has absolutely nothing; no money , no morals and no family. All she has is a group of heartless friends that only care about drinking, sex
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5-4.0 Redeeming Stars!

This is a wonderfully written tale about a harsh subject with two characters so innately flawed, yet so perfect for one another.

“You will hate me.
You will detest the choices that I have made.
You won’t understand me at all.”

No truer words have been written about my feelings towards one Ellie McCalllum. This was a girl raised in a foster system of neglect. She was never truly loved and she fell into the crowd of indifference. The problem however lies in the fact that she is
Debra

★★★★★ 5 stars!

This book was amazing. Simply AMAZING.

Review to come when I've gathered my thoughts.
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Lifers
  • LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Therapy (Therapy #1)
  • Vital Sign
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
  • The Complete Emi Lost & Found Series (Lost & Found, #0.5-#3)
  • Don't Make Me Beautiful
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • Love In Touch
  • New Life (New Life, #1)
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
  • Innocents (Dusty, #1)
  • Fighting Redemption
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romances including the Bad Rep, Find You in the Dark, Reclaiming the Sand, and Twisted Love series.

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1CkvffQ

Twitter: @AuthorAMWalters

Instagram: a.meredith.walters

Website: https://ameredithwalters.com

Reclaiming the Sand (2 books)
  • Chasing the Tide (Reclaiming the Sand, #2)
“Some people came into your life and they changed it completely and then they slipped out of it again before you could grab ahold of them. And their presence motivates you and strengthens you and devastates you all at the same time.” 45 likes
“I’m sorry, Flynn,” I said.

“We say that a lot to each other. You and me. It’s always I’m sorry. I’m tired of being sorry. Why can’t we just be nice to each other so we don’t have to say it all the time?”
33 likes