Start by marking “The Lost Treasure: A Bobby Holmes Mystery” as Want to Read:
The Lost Treasure: A Bobby Holmes Mystery

The Lost Treasure: A Bobby Holmes Mystery

The Lost Treasure is a thriller about four young adolescents who come together to solve a deadly mystery. The spirit of a long-dead pirate seeks his 300-year-old buried treasure through the possessed body of a diabolical descendant. It's up to Bobby Holmes from England, his American cousin Brenda Watson, and a couple of unlikely heroes, one of whom has Asperger Syndrome, ...more
Published July 16th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Treasure

Start your review of The Lost Treasure: A Bobby Holmes Mystery
Stanley McShane
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The book is aimed at middle school children and it might very well be fine for that age. It's simple, easy to read and the storyline no doubt what children could identify with, concerns of the age. I wasn't sure, however, of the time period, as it spoke of (telephone) receivers being placed back in the cradle. The mothers harken back to 50s sitcoms with aprons, fresh baked cookies, and lots of dinners.

Pre-teens, one from the UK, a US cousin and friends, one with Asperger's Syndrome, part of the
MayorEmma
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Earc from netgalley.

I picked this one up because I noticed that it said one of the characters had autism. I was not super happy with it because in my opinion, the author could have wrote the character way better. yes, everyone on the spectrum is different, but this character just seemed to only be there so that the ''friends'' could solve the mystery. Also, the writing seemed really clunky in parts, so maybe that could have been fixed a little more.
Shawn Mcdowell
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost Treasure

This book was a blast to read and I had a wonderful time reading it. Everything about this story was really good and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Kim Lanza
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-ya
I wish I was still teaching fourth and fifth grade - I would like to read this book with students. There are embedded themes that would be ideal for discussion with 10-11 year olds plus it has adventure and a ghost. What more can you ask for? The language is descriptive but accessible for a struggling reader as well. I look forward to reading more of Bobby's adventures!
lucky 13
Tobyann Aparisi
Dec 13, 2019
Christa Ruhnke
Dec 29, 2019

• Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • A Criminal Justice (Philadelphia Legal #4)
  • A Cry in The Night (Jessica Daniel, #15)
  • Ice (Dr. Leah Andrews and Jack Hobson Thrillers, #1)
  • The Dog Who Danced
  • The Poison of War
  • The Twelve Dogs of Christmas (Andy Carpenter, #15)
  • Shattered Justice (A Bone Gap Travellers, #3)
  • Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter)
  • The Dog on the Acropolis
  • Bookmarked for Murder (Mystery Bookshop, #5)
  • Two Good Dogs
  • Christmas on the Home Front (Land Girls #3)
  • The Other People
  • No Man's Land (FBI K-9 #4)
  • Verse and Vengeance (A Magical Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
About the Author

J.M. Kelly has been a middle school teacher, a vice-principal, a principal, a Co-Director of the New Jersey State History Fair, a consultant for the New Jersey Foundation for Educational Administration, a current Board member of the Global Learning Project, a non-profit, and Past-President of the Morris County Association of Elementary and Middle School Administrators. He has been