Start by marking “Young Warlock” as Want to Read:
Young Warlock

Young Warlock

On his graduation day at the University of Elements Dekor is shown how to conjure fire, an art forbidden to mages. He immediately succumbs to the lust of the flame. Now a battlemage Dekor is expected to climb through the ranks and become a great mage. His experiments with fire lead him to a confrontation with the Archmage resulting in Dekor becoming a wanted criminal.
He s
Published July 2013 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Young Warlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Warlock

Start your review of Young Warlock
Backcoverpromotions
Review by Tammy

Mathew Bridle has given us a wizarding adventure. A marvelous land full of warlocks, witches, elves and many more lend to the magic that creates a new time.

Our new friend, Dekor, is a fledgling wizard searching to learn more about himself and his abilities. His thirst for knowledge and power take him on an incredible, fantastic tour.

What would you do if you were the means necessary to save your world? Dekor will find out.

I couldn’t imagine dealing with anything Dekor was attemptin

M Beal
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, z-2015
Found this little gem on the free reads like from Kobo. I am very glad I picked it up.
Daisy White
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every month I challenge myself to read at least one book I wouldn't normally pick out,and so far it's going well! I'm not a vampire fan, but the cover on this is pretty unusual,and so is the story. Very dark, fairly violent, but really absorbing. The descriptions of the characters and lands are beautifully drawn without becoming boring, and the story moves along nicely. The ending is one that kind of sticks in your head...
Alesha Escobar
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Written review forthcoming :)
David Baird
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the outset I had a feeling I would like this book, the blurb screams potential.

Dekor is a battlemage, training to offer his support wherever he may be needed..but as with all magic there’s a dark side to tempt you and Dekor is unable to keep his lust for fire in check and turns to the darkness.

All is not as is seems though, there’s a plan and the One has his eye on Dekor and others. With the aid of allies the One sets up the chessboard ready for the war to come. A prophecy long ago foretold
Byron
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Let me start by saying it was an engrossing read and I found it hard to put down. That said, I feel like even one read through by someone editing it would have done wonders for this. I felt like there were far to many "species" and that they were not described well enough in most cases. The descriptions of aspects of characters and their abilities felt more like something from a role playing game than a novel. Talking about gear as though it had stats and buffs. I feel like this book was a learn ...more
Clive Newnham
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Young Warlock" by Mathew Bridle - this is a great read from an Indie author with some great characters. Love the Tattlejack character - Icthus. Has the makings of a great epic to rival LOTR.
I'm looking forward very much to the next book in the Saga.
Jack Bartlett Smith
Oct 11, 2019
Tom
Jan 30, 2016
Mathew Bridle
Jul 30, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written