Start by marking “Life Support (Grace Medical #3)” as Want to Read:
Life Support (Grace Medical #3)

Life Support

(Grace Medical #3)

Nurse Lauren Barclay put her life on hold to keep a watchful eye on her troubled sister. It's why she's back in Houston. But that means confronting the brooding physician assistant who caused painful turmoil in her family--and left Lauren with memories her heart can't forgive.PA and single parent Elijah Landry is no stranger to stormy relationships, including one with his ...more
Published March 1st 2014 by Tyndale House Publishers

Start your review of Life Support (Grace Medical #3)
Susan Snodgrass
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book 10 stars. It's that good. I discovered Candace Calvert's books a few months ago and have had the pleasure of reading several one right after the other. I loved it!

Candace Calvert is a former ER nurse and writes Christian medical suspense novels. But they're much more than that. They provide wonderful spiritual lessons along the way,too, and great plot lines.

She always includes more than one plot line in her books, so the reader is never, ever bored. My attention
Michelle Morgan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life Support, A Grace Medical Novel by Candace Calvert
Lauren Barclay is an ER nurse working for Grace Medical when Elijah Landry’s brother Drew is brought in. Elijah and Lauren have a history. Her family believe he is responsible for her sister Jessica’s problems. Because Elijah is a PA at the same hospital their paths continue to cross. Lauren seems to be her sisters keeper, trying to keep her out of trouble, get her to school and work on time and making sure she has eaten. In the mist this
Brittany
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life Support by Candace Calvert is book three in the Grace Medical series, however, I have not read the others in the series and had no trouble at all understanding the story. In fact, I loved this book! It is, as far as I can recall, the first medical drama that I have read. I am so very happy to have discovered a new-to-me author and look forward to reading more of her books!

Life Support has everything I want in a book. The characters are so very vivid. The author has done a wonderful job of
Mary  O'Brien
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I must start off by saying that I am really starting to like Candace Calvert! I have only read a few of her books but I have really enjoyed them!

Lauren Barclay continues to put her life on hold in order to help her sister. That is why she left her job and moved back to Houston. The move back home came with a price. She would have to deal with the PA that not only put her family through hell, but left Lauren with feelings that won't go away.

Elijah Landry is a single father who knows all to well
Gail
Nice story. The heroine has spent her life watching over her younger sister who may or may not have bipolar issues. Nobody in the family wants to discuss the possibility, except for the heroine. The hero works at the same hospital as the heroine, but he's a former friend of little sister's, so off limits. There's a hurricane approaching Houston, which isn't a big problem usually, except for flooding, and Houston tends to flood at the least downpour. Calvert uses the storm well, and ...more
Kris
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. very well written and a great story!
Carissa
Readers familiar with the series have already met the affectionate Lauren Barclay in Rescue Team, the 2nd book in the Grace Medical series by Candace Calvert. Lauren always puts other people's needs before her own, to the detriment of her own relationships and happiness. It is a part of her genetic makeup, and it is strongest when troubles pop up in the life of her younger sister, Jessica. When Lauren's parents need her to keep an eye on Jess while they head off to Colorado for family business, ...more
Sarah Vanscoyoc
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent medical drama!
Life Support is book 3 in the Grace Medical series, I’ve loved all of Ms. Calvert’s books and had very high expectations for this book. I am very happy to say that it surpassed them!
The characters were wonderful! I quickly came to love and sympathize with each of them. Lauren had such faith, but she had to learn that there’s a difference between leaving it in God’s hands and ignoring a problem. Eli had such little faith and believes God doesn’t care anymore. He had to
Katrina Epperson
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Candace Calvert once again brings us a wonderful romance interlaced with suspense that will keep you turning the pages. This author never disappoints on any level. A signature of her writing is that her characters give you a glimpse of their heart and soul thru true to life dialogue that details family and relationship concerns. This is a story about second chances, both on a personal and spiritual level.
We are introduced to Lauren Barclay who is a young nurse who has returned from Houston to
Cindy
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was a page turner. Lots of drama, with two characters who were bi-polar, I was never sure what was going to happen next. I felt sad for Lauren, she had so much responsibility on her shoulders, trying to be on guard for her sister, and trying to keep her parents informed. Her heart was prime for love, but could it survive love from someone with as many problems as she had or more. A great story, I think this was the first book I have read from this author. A solid 4 star ...more
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not the best in the series (the first two were better) but I enjoyed it. My biggest issue was that the main guy flat out told the girl he didn't care for God and she still dated him.
Katie Converse
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book really kept me hooked! I love the way she writes!
Rachel Marie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I could just feel that this was going to be my favorite in the series. Not sure why, but I just knew. And I was right. I also like how the author takes a secondary character in the previous book and makes them the main character in the next book, because Lauren was one of my favorite secondary characters and I'm glad we got her story as well.

I loved the characters. They definitely seemed real and believable. I think I liked Lauren more because I felt like I could relate to her. She spends so
Kirby
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I've come to really appreciate the way that Candace Calvert can write a beautiful, clean romance that keeps the faith element as a primary focus. As I'd really enjoyed the first two books in the Grace Medical series, I had my hopes up pretty high for this final installment in the trilogy, but it ended up not being quite as good as I'd hoped for.

Nurse Lauren Barclay was introduced in the last book, and in this book, she's traveled back home to Houston, to try and help her sister Jess get her life
Mrs Giggles
Mar 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Jean
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Didn't care for this book. Didn't have much plot except romance. Which isn't a plot to me. Didn't finish.
Brittani Jolley
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great emotional read. Always heartfelt and honest. Loved it.
Beverly
Life Support is the third book in the Grace Medical series by Candace Calvert. Trauma Plan is the first book while Rescue Plan is the second. All three books are completely independent of each other as a Christian medical series. Each book is a romance which touches on some serious yet interesting topics that are relevant for today's readers.

Lauren Barclay is a nurse in ER at Houston Grace Hospital. This is her home town where her parents and sister lives. Although she has worked at Austin
Mercedes Cordero
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Medical dramas can be frustrating sometimes with so much medical jargon that is incomprehensible for us, well, at least for me. Candace Calvert, however, does a great job in Life Support, as in her other books in this series, telling a story that does not get interrupted with the author’s knowledge and background in medicine. The story flows, although rather slowly, without much distractions or superfluous details.

Lauren is a very capable nurse; very prepared, intelligent, and a great leader at
Taylor
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Get ready to put on your "scrubs" and dive into the fast paced environment where the inhabitants are nurses and doctors. Life Support by Candace Calvert is the perfect infusion of romance and drama with the background drop of the medical field. If you loved ER or Grey's Anatomy, you will be gripped by this book.

My Thoughts

This is the third book in the Grace Medical series, but I am glad to report that this can be read as a stand alone~

Getting right down to business, this book was hoping! I
Vera Godley
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As Candace Calvert takes us into the third story in her Grace Medical Series, she inflicts us with characters that are both flawed, fractured, and whole; who are loved and hated; and who are in need of healing and yet who are the healers. Drawing from her personal experiences and expertise as an emergency room nurse, Calvert skillfully draws an entry to the story with its opening drama in the ER as PA Eli looks in the face and on the trauma of his brother being treated.

As the story progresses,
Veronica
This is an interesting story about nurse Lauren Barclay, who's doing all she can to keep her sister from going off the deep end. She moves back to Houston to ensure that her sister never runs away again, watching that she gets to school, work, and that nothing upsets her too much, especially PA Elijah Landry. Lauren and her parents blame him for causing her sister to run away and she can't understand why she feels drawn to him in spite of that. Elijah was just trying to help her sister and he ...more
Tamara Tilley
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: candace-calvert, own
LIFE SUPPORT is the third installment in the Grace Medical series. Once again, Candace Calvert intertwines drama and romance expertly.

Nurse Lauren Barclay is back in Houston, but not by choice. She has tasked herself with the formidable job of keeping Jess, her living-on-the-edge sister, out of trouble. Unfortunately that means her path is continuously crossing that of PA Eli Landry. The triangle that linked Lauren with Jess and Eli in the past was disastrous, and one Lauren was hoping to avoid
Victor Gentile
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Candace Calvert in her new book, “Life Support” Book Three in the Grace Medical series published by Tyndale House Publishers brings us into the lives of Lauren Barclay and Elijah Landry.

From the Back Cover: Nurse Lauren Barclay put her life on hold to keep a watchful eye on her troubled sister. It’s why she’s back in Houston. But that means confronting the brooding physician assistant who caused painful turmoil in her family—and left Lauren with memories her heart can’t forget.

PA and single
Beckie Burnham
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a romance with fast-paced action and some medical drama to take along on vacation, then Life Support is a sure bet for your reading pleasure. Part of Candace Calvert’s Grace Medical series, it can be read as a standalone. Filled with great characters facing real life situations and problems and seasoned with a good dose of humor, it is a novel I really enjoyed.

Lauren Barclay is an ER nurse in Houston with lots on her plate — a demanding job, an erratic sister and an
Julie Graves
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, 2014-reads
The third book in the Grace Medical series jumps right in with action. Lauren Barclay has moved back to Houston to keep on eye on her younger sister Jessica. Lauren has always been the responsible sister and even has taken to covering for Jessica when she is late for work. The story opens with Elijah Landry's disabled brother Drew being brought into the ER at Grace Medical because he is having difficulty breathing. Eli is a PA(Physician Assistant) at Grace Medical. Lauren doesn't have kind ...more
Jessica
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The book follows Lauren Barclay, an ER nurse who has returned to her home town to help her parents deal with her irresponsible sister who is also bipolar (though no one in the family admits this). Eli is a physician's assistant dealing with his own issues, an overbearing arrogant father who degrades him about his profession and professional opinions, especially with regard to his older brother who is mentally and physically handicapped from an accident when they were ...more
Janet Reeves
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Life Support by Candace Calvert is the third book in her Grace Medical series. I’ve enjoyed all three and am happy to recommend them to readers who enjoy Christian fiction, medical drama, a touch of mystery, and, of course, a little romance.

In Life Support, we follow Nurse Lauren Barclay, whom we met in Rescue Team, from Austin, Texas to Houston, where she has returned home to help her parents keep track of her troubled younger sister, Jess. Lauren has her own apartment but has moved in with her
Trinity Rose
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life Support by Candace Calvert is book three in the Grace Medical series. I love books that are Medical, have major storms, fiction and have romance in them and this book has all three.
In Life Support we see Lauren and Elijah who have a strong sense of accountability to their siblings. Both of the siblings are in some kind of trouble, medical in one form or another. Eli’s brother has had a brain injury. Lauren has a sister Jessica, who may have a metal health illness.
We see how both of them
Dawn
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Nurse Lauren Barclay returned to Houston to watch over her troubled sister. Only now she has to work with the brooding physician's assistant and single parent Eli Landry. Lauren has painful memories of Eli. Eli is used to being in strained relationships. After all, his relationship with his father is very strained. Yet when a storm hits Houston leaving them both stranded, they will have to put aside their differences to work together. Will they mend their relationship as well?

I've read a few of
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 02, 2015 06:59PM

• Storm Front (Montana Rescue, #5)
  • Fatal Strike
  • The Wishing Season (Chapel Springs, #3)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor, #5)
  • Heart Failure
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)
  • Strands of Truth
  • Undeniably Yours (Porter Family, #1)
  • Cold Terror (Cold Harbor #1)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
  • Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4)
  • Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)
  • Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice, #1)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)
  • Here to Stay (Where Love Begins, #2)
  • From the Start (Walker Family, #1)
  • Firewall (FBI: Houston, #1)
Former ER nurse, wife, Mom and grandmother, Candace Calvert believes that love, laughter, and faith are the best medicines of all. Her Mercy Hospital, Grace Medical, and Crisis Team series for Tyndale House offers readers charismatic characters, pulse-pounding medical drama, romance, humor, suspense--and a prescription for hope. Think, “Grey’s Anatomy finds its soul.”

Grace Medical (3 books)
  • Trauma Plan (Grace Medical, #1)
  • Rescue Team (Grace Medical, #2)