Start by marking “The Lovables in the Kingdom of Self-Esteem” as Want to Read:
The Lovables in the Kingdom of Self-Esteem

The Lovables in the Kingdom of Self-Esteem

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A charming book filled with characters that children can relate to while learning the qualities of a positive self-image. Thirty-two pages of full color illustrations.
Published January 1st 1993 by HJ Kramer (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Lovables in the Kingdom of Self-Esteem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lovables in the Kingdom of Self-Esteem

Cynthia  Sanders
I found the illustration in this book added to its charm. I bought copies of this book back in the 1990's and gave it to children because it stimulated their creativity and to adults because its colorful pictures and its message proved to be very uplifting. Definitely a nurturing "feel good" book.
Ashley
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
One of my FAVOURITES to read to my son. LOVE IT.
Brianna Lyons
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lyons-text-set
Beautifully illustrated with a wide array of colors and beings, this book of short poems leaves children gasping at every page. It's great for kindergartners because it showcases many rhyming words and phonological elements. The entire book is comprised of short poems explaining why we are "lovable." These poems are all rooted in different elements of inner beauty (kindness, truthfulness, positivity). The language is easy to understand, and the ones that challenge their vocabulary are supported ...more
Shealynn Deveraux
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book made me look at the world a whole different way. I will read this to my sister a lot. I'm sure of that because I want her to know that she is lovable. I need her to learn the things that I did not learn while I was growing up like to accept myself for who I am and just live, love, and appreciate life as it goes and as it is.
Alicia Kraemer
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am not sure if this was any of my children's favorite or not, but it was certainly one of my favorite to read to them.

I highly recommend this book as a wonderful bedtime reading book for anyone with young children.
Tara
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a really lovely book. Very sweet narratives from different animals that encourage self love, self esteem, & self care, etc. The illustrations are beautiful, detailed watercolors. Might have to add this one to my collection.
Christine Turner