Start by marking “Elite Dangerous: Reclamation” as Want to Read:
Elite Dangerous: Reclamation

Elite Dangerous: Reclamation

(Elite Dangerous)

Lady Kahina Loren, born into the Prism system’s powerful ruling family, is desperate to throw off the shackles of her privileged lifestyle and discover herself, but ambition crumbles when she faces death at the hands of the one person she thought she could trust.

With the advanced technology of the 3rd millennium, death is not always as final as it seems, but when that tech
Mass Market Paperback, 220 pages
Published May 30th 2014 by Fantastic Books Publishing (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Elite Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elite Dangerous

Alvaro Espírito Santo
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading several Elite Dangerous novels, i was about to give up on the Elite universe, put my cherished ZXSpectrum Elite memories back in my childhood wonder. The written universe was pale and shabby. Then i started reading Reclamation... the feeling of wonder was back. This is what Elite was about, my dreamed universe while i played and discussed with friends at school, vying for the best hauls and upgrades.
All by itself this is very good Scifi novel, but because its in the Elite backgrou
Penny Grubb
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not since Emily Bronte has anyone got away with this trick!

This is the second of the Elite books that I’ve read. Very different from Elite: Mostly Harmless but also an excellent read. A beautifully crafted story with real characters. I couldn’t help but get drawn into their world. I saw the beauty of the Prism system and cried ‘foul’ over the political shenanigans that threatened it. And what an amazing and original heroine. Not since Wuthering Heights has anyone got away with killing their main
Nik Clement
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elite
An epic tale, set amongst the backdrop of the Elite universe.

With more twists and turns than a dog fight in space, the answer to who reclaims what is in there somewhere.

I'm looking forward to another installment of this adventure.
Sonic Alpha
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't enjoyed a book this much in quite some time.

This audiobook was such a pleasant surprise, and is less like a typical audiobook, and more like an old school one man radio drama. It's filled with sound effects and music, which both help to enhance the listening experience.

Toby Longworth does an excellent job as narrator, providing the various characters' vocal tones and accents in such a convincing manner that you can't help but become immersed in "Reclamation's" universe.

"Elite Dangerous
Jonathan Day
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cyberpunk
Competent, maybe Dangerous, but definitely not Elite

I, too, remember the original, along with the Master 128 version and the sequels. Not just the official ones, but FFE3D and Oolite as well. Good games all. I was certified Elite by Acorn, in the early days. Play E:D and Horizons now.

So, how does this book stack up?

The first thing to bear in mind is that I'm a harsh reviewer when it comes to existing universes. A lot of the difficult work has been done, after all. I've reviewed a lot of fan fict
Dave Hooper
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit to being a big fan of the Elite Universe for the last 30 years but I'm also a great science-fiction fan so I know what a good book feels like. I'll say right now that this really is a properly good science fiction book whether you're an Elite fan or not (why not!?)

Drew has struck that perfect balance between characters and plot which is key to a great novel. The cast is very varied with heroes and villains aplenty but you spend most of the novel willing all of them to succeed as you f
Lagamemnon
Good only if you’re a major Elite: Dangerous fan

Quite a few misspellings and incorrect word usages. I’m one of “those” who expect immaculate prose from a published author and these things which should be caught by a good editor or grammar checker totally rip me out of the story. Fun to note the locations for future exploration “in game.” Plot is OK and modestly twisty, but there are spots where I had to back up and reread to make sure I knew who was acting/speaking.

Two words for the author. Esch
Dustin
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a great book. I got into it from having started playing Elite: Dangerous on Xbox One. I kept being told to check out Reclamation, it's a good book! It's very much true. If you're in any way a fan of the game Elite, or even just a sci fi, space adventure fan - read this book. It's got politics, action, adventure, space! It's just good.

I'm excited to see what comes next. Especially with the recent Salome event that just happened. Will we find more clues as to the Formidine Rift??
Jared
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
For a book written based upon a video game universe, the story was pretty good if somewhat cliche'. That said, I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll continue onto the next book so take from that what you will.

One point in particular needs to be made and that is that the formatting of the book itself was a mess. I don't know if I was just unlucky and got a weird copy or perhaps it was intended but conversations were difficult to track as paragraph breaks seemed very random. Punctuation seemed o
Sagiv Hadaya
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you played Elite Dangerous or even if you havent, this book as a good Sci-Fi. set in the elite universe, which is the milkey way, which is our universe anyways, tells the story surrounding the planets and some of the powers.
the characters are ok but not too deep, and the story is exciting including a chase and mystery.
Kent Eriksson
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Listened to the phenomenal audiobook that use the sound effects from the game and the great narrator Toby Longworth. Loved it as it stands great on its own but adds major value to the atmosphere of the game.

Listened to the majority of the book while sitting in my ship in Virtual Reality. 10/10 will do it again!
Glen T Simpson
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read for Elite dangerous fans

I wanted to read some back story to the highly successful computer game Elite dangerous and i would recommend this as good a p!ace to start as any .
Matthew
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a great adventure with a fair amount of twist and intrigue. There is nothing too profound or deep in the story, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. If the genre fits your style then you ought to read it.
Matthew Bond
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
While the overall story is good and enjoyable, by the end it had become very predictable and certain events that occurred felt like they shouldn't have happened (I was rolling my eyes an awful lot).
The majority of the characters were highly unlikeable and I found the main character utterly horrible. Luckily this didn't detract from the story as I'm guessing it was intentional.
Tommy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Of those Elite Dangerous novels I've read, this one is by far the one I liked most.
One of the reasons is that this book didn't need to emphasize so much being in a game-world or universe, it rather breathed authenticity most naturally, whereas in other novels of the series the respective author struggled to convey the feeling of realness, and thus sometimes felt a bit clumsy. But maybe that's a biased view and it's the plotting and politicking that I liked so much?
Again in comparison with other
Henry Wetherman
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a fantasy reader to date, this was my first dip into that unknown space that is Sci-Fi, especially one centering around the upcoming, long awaited game, Elite: Dangerous.

I found the writing to be fluid and addictive. While I did need to use my kindle dictionary a few times to remind me the definition of quite a few words (the author is definitely a fan of trying to utilize the full English language, not that I'm complaining of the chance to better my own vocabulary), on the whole it was a ver
Al
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having been a fan of Elite since I played it on the ZX Spectrum over 30 years ago, this book had a lot of work to do to impress me. In the words of a famous smuggler from a different galaxy “I have been from one side of the galaxy to the other” and I have visited many planets and systems.

This book by Drew Wagar started off with a bang and it didn’t let up. The characters are believable, and the locations are described well. At one point someone is referring to things as they used to be, and it w
Dan-erik Lindberg
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
If you put this book next to the literary works of the greatest authors in science fiction, it is blatantly obvious that it doesn't belong in that crowd. So if you are reading reviews to get book recommendations, you should know that anyone giving 5 stars to this book is probably one of his kickstarter fans.

That said, it is an entertaining book, and a decent time waster. But I would only recommend this book if you've already gone through the great authors so those aren't options to choose from.
Steve
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great story with plenty of twists and challenging situations for the cast to get mixed up in, and for the reader to eagerly follow.

Whether they are likable or not there are some particularly interesting characters within Elite: Reclamation. They often conflicted, but this helps to make them more accurate representations of man (or woman).

Drew has managed to capture the unique vibes of the various locations, reflecting the cultural differences between the Federation, the Empire or even the worl
Michael C
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elite-dangerous
From the very outset Drew, in no uncertain terms, reminds you that the Elite Universe is a brutal place to be. Death, blunt and with no frills death, is around every corner. It's not a gruesome book - there's no gore or anything like that - but by the time you finish this book that rose-tinted view of exploring space in your brand new Cobra Mark III will be long gone.

Great read; I thoroughly enjoyed every page.
Flavio
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is another excellent story by Drew Wagar. This book has a great balance between giving an insight into playing Elite Dangerous and the various ships found in the game and tactics used and for those that are not interested in the game, it's excellent plot and storytelling leave you wanting a sequel as you feel for the characters, you feel that they are like friends and want to know what they get up to.
Fost
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
It's of interest to Elite Dangerous players - especially since the Kahina Loren story is continuing in game right now (end of 2016). However I never really felt like I cared about any of the characters, some of it felt like I'd seen it before. Certainly well written but not as enjoyable as Elite: Legacy.

Nothing has really lived up to the original "The Dark Wheel" novella yet in terms of jumping off the page.
Phoenix_dfire
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
An excellent Space Opera novel.Giving an Insight into Imperial Culture in Elite Dangerous, The story involved politics, subterfuge, betrayal and Dogfights which have been missing as long as the space sim genre has been missing from the gaming scene.

With excellently crafted characters and a plot that twists and turns as much as an evading Cobra MK III, I thoroughly recommend this one.
Phoenix_dfire
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Steve
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
Great work Drew, I really enjoyed the story and all the characters
Gary Watt
Andrew Iain
Dec 15, 2018
Charles Brick
Jun 29, 2018

• Mostly Harmless (Elite: Dangerous #8)
  • Sun Dragon
  • Zero (The Orbit Series #1)
  • Hive Monkey (Ack-Ack Macaque, #2)
  • Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow
  • We're Alive: A Story of Survival, the Third Season
  • The Hobbit, Part 2 of 2
  • Pew! Pew! - Sex, Guns, Spaceships... Oh My! (Pew! Pew!, #1)
  • Roofworld
  • Star Trek 12
  • Slab City Blues (Slab City Blues, #1)
  • All the Mowgli Stories
  • Shadow Hunters (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #2)
  • Help Fund my Robot Army!!! & Other Improbable Crowdfunding Projects
  • The Life Engineered
  • The Ultra Thin Man
Drew Wagar is a science fiction and fantasy author, living in the UK.

Drew is currently working on The Lords of Midnight - This is the official novel based upon the award winning ZX Spectrum game from 1984. A pure fantasy story set in the icebound and magical world of 'Midnight'. The book is due on the Winter Solstice 2017.

Already published works include: Torn, Fusion (Anthology), Elite Dangerous:

Elite Dangerous (5 books)
  • Elite Dangerous: Docking is Difficult