Start by marking “Good Men (Cannie Shapiro, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Good Men (Cannie Shapiro, #0.5)

Good Men (Cannie Shapiro 0.5)

A prequel to Jennifer Weiner’s bestselling and beloved debut, "Good Men" takes us into the world and mind of Bruce Guberman, on the night of an ill-fated bachelor party, when Bruce and his friends decide to kidnap his girlfriend Cannie's rat terrier Nifkin. A tender, riotously funny short story, "Good Men" is about five men and their unlikely friendships and also about lov ...more
Published September 10th 2013 by Atria Books (first published August 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Good Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Men

Megan
Dec 27, 2013 Megan rated it did not like it
another short story prequel. interesting choice for weiner to focus on bruce who really isn't a main character in "good in bed." it really made this more of a fluff piece than an intro into the book that follows it. didn't make me want to read good in bed either...so I hope people read good in bed first, because its a great book and much better than this short story!
Jackie
Okay a group of friends out for a bachelor party for one of their group, these guys are drunk, stoned and just a tad shy of manic when they decide it would be a good idea to do away with Cannies' terrier.

As a way to supposedly introduce a series this fell a bit short as Cannie was basically mentioned in passing as Bruce's girlfriend whose 10 pound terrier got on his nerves.

End of the bachelor party takes a weird turn when the guys drive to Cannies' apartment to kidnap the dog and Bruce cannot g
Tiffany Heater
Oct 01, 2013 Tiffany Heater rated it it was ok
This is a one chapter prequel and the first chapter of Good in Bed to make you want to buy Good in Bed. I thought I was downloading a new book, but Amazon tricked me. Make sure you don't pay a dollar for this.
Nora
Jun 07, 2015 Nora rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Drinking for fun is not my idea of a good beginning. There is no real reason for these immature people to get marriage. None of them are ready. So much for this romance.
Michelle
Nov 25, 2013 Michelle rated it did not like it
That was a wast of 10 minutes......I didn't know it was a prequel. It made no sense and I wasn't interested enough to even look for the full book.....
Bianca
Apr 29, 2014 Bianca rated it did not like it
Oh, Jennifer. What a waste! What was the point of this story?!
Carole Rae
Jan 02, 2015 Carole Rae rated it did not like it
This is a short story prequel to the book 'Good in Bed' by Jennifer Weiner. I randomly found this at the Amazon store as a ebook freebie and I am certainly glad that it was a freebie, because I would be rather upset if I spent money on this.

This takes place before Bruce and Cannie break-up and Bruce decides to write that article that is the catalyst to the beginning of Cannie's story. Ugh, Bruce. I only read this because I was curious about who he was and what he was all about. Yes, he loved Can
Arlena
Rating: Four
Review:

"Good Men" by Jennifer Weiner

My Thoughts....

This author gives the reader a decent short story prequel to the novel 'Good in Bed.' I had read the novel before I read this read "Good Men" and really I was able to understand a little more about Bruce along with his childhood friends. One thing for sure that I did learn was that at time I believe Bruce really did loved Can
Valerie
Darlene
Jan 12, 2014 Darlene rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories, men
I have enjoyed reading Jennifer Weiner but this didn't come up to her usual standards. I have not read The Guy Not Taken and if I had manybe I would have liked this better but it was free.
This summery is from Sony Store.
Good Men" is one of readers' favorite stories from the collection The Guy Not Taken, available for a limited time as a free download!
A prequel to Jennifer Weiner's bestselling and beloved debut, "Good Men" takes us into the world and mind of Bruce Guberman, on the night of an ill
Samantha Carter
Mar 16, 2015 Samantha Carter rated it it was ok
Here's the thing...
I read this because I spent a week on vacation, and managed to miss the fact that my library Ebook had expired, and I was left with nothing to read.
Not wanting to delve into a big read, since I'm technically in the middle of a book already, I decided to read this on the plane since I had downloaded it (for free) eons ago.
It wasn't terrible, but it was one chapter. About a guy I didn't like in the original book.
And it did nothing to help explain Bruce to me. I had hoped that
A Reader's Heaven
Another novel promotion masquerading as a short story. While I understand the thinking behind this marketing idea, I don't think authors do themselves a favour by annoying their readers.

The story itself? To be honest, I really have no clue what it was actually about. A bunch of mates are getting drunk and stoned at a bachelor party for one of them. After sitting around talking about love and marriage (cos men really do that at bachelor parties), they decide, in their inebriated state, to kidnap
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jun 28, 2015 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it really liked it
Fun!
A short and sweet look at the last night of a bachelor and his friends. They did the bachelor party, as you might expect, but there was so much more. It's the more that makes the story interesting.
In that more, some of the bachelor's friends learn the value of love, marriage and being grateful for who and what you have.
I liked this short story a lot. Enough so, that I plan to read, Good In Bed. It's the full length novel that follows this story.
Always nice to read from a new perspective. Lot
Jenny
Apr 21, 2014 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is short story prequel for the author's book, "Good in Bed." The "Good Men" are a group of guys during bachelor party where things get sloppy and truth is visited in the wee hours after a long night of partying. The events visited set the stage for Bruce and Cannie's next step in their relationship.
Judy Collins
A prequel to Jennifer Weiner’s bestselling "Good in Bed" (which I read a few years ago). The e-book is about Bruce Guberman, on the night of a bachelor party, and they kidnap his girlfriend Cannie's rat terrier Nifkin. If you have not read "Good Men" --about five men and their unlikely friendship, love, and marriage.
Melinda
Mar 15, 2016 Melinda rated it liked it
A short (read: VERY SHORT) e-story that acts as a prequel to "Good in Bed". It is told from Bruce's perspective and reveals what made him decide to propose and how he felt about Cannie (and Nifkin) leading up to then. I would give it an "Eh..." only because of how short it was. I would have loved for a full-size prequel, as I love Cannie's story.
Stephen Byron
May 08, 2015 Stephen Byron rated it it was amazing
It is okay, the good men is about a group of men who support their fiend who is getting married and consider them selves the Good Men. It takes you through humors adventurers that in the end shows you that true love pevails.
Brenda Haddon
Apr 22, 2015 Brenda Haddon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the work of Jennifer Weiner

I have read quite a few Jennifer Weiner novels and short stories. She never disappoints. I love her writing style and most everything is a page turner.
Carol
Sep 18, 2016 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Book was very good, kept me reading and reading until it was over. This is a very good author. She knows what people like to read. I'm hoping to get some more of her books, I'm sure they are all very good.
Cynthia
Dec 24, 2013 Cynthia rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I can't give Jennifer Weiner less than three stars but this was a very short story and revisits characters from Good In Bed as a prequel.
Sara
Mar 19, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it
I read this one awhile ago. I liked seeing Bruce's perspective and felt like it explained a lot. Good, short story.
Patty Blaney
Jul 27, 2014 Patty Blaney rated it really liked it
This was a short story that was a precursor to Good in Bed, which I loved. It was definitely a cute story and enjoyed it.
Sharon
Jul 20, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it
Downloaded this when I ran out of books on vacation. A short story involving the charaters from "Good in Bed." It was fun to see a bit of the guy's point of view.
Ingrid
Jul 25, 2015 Ingrid rated it liked it
This short story was cute and kinda funny. The author had me at the Morrissey reference though. Gotta love Moz!
Julie
May 09, 2015 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual type of read

Light read. A nice break between books. Not my usual material. It has me interested enough to check out the full book.
KStar0330
Oct 26, 2014 KStar0330 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting little look into the mind of this not so smart at times guy on the eve of his friends wedding. Definitely a funny quick read. :)
Kimberley Hughes
Kimberley Hughes rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2015
AmberI
AmberI rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
  • Double Click
  • Lucky Stars
  • A Walk in the Park
  • A Perfect Nanny (Giffort Street, #1)
  • The Real Housewives Get Personal
  • Inappropriate Men (Red Dress Ink)
  • Plum Girl
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • Summer at Castle Stone
  • The Tailgate
  • Death by Rhubarb (Heaven Lee, #1)
  • What's Up Down There?: Questions You'd Only Ask Your Gynecologist If She Was Your Best Friend
  • Steamed (Maid in LA, #1)
  • The Caper (Fox and O'Hare, #0.6)
  • Partners (Vegas, #1)
  • Love and Other Subjects
  • Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)
  • Lois Lane Tells All (Glory NC, #2)
Jennifer Weiner is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of fourteen books, including Good in Bed, The Littlest Bigfoot, and her memoir Hungry Heart: Adventures in Life, Love, and Writing. A graduate of Princeton University and contributor to the New York Times Opinion section, she lives with her family in Philadelphia. Visit her online at JenniferWeiner.com.
More about Jennifer Weiner...

Cannie Shapiro (2 books)
  • Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1)
  • Certain Girls (Cannie Shapiro #2)