Start by marking “I've Got You Under My Skin” as Want to Read:
I've Got You Under My Skin

I've Got You Under My Skin

(Under Suspicion #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  14,246 ratings  ·  1,427 reviews
In this suspenseful novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author Mary Higgins Clark, a Manhattan ER doctor is brazenly murdered in front of his young son in a city playground. Five years later, his killer is still at large.

Meanwhile his widow, Laurie Moran, is now an award-winning TV producer. Still haunted by her husband’s murder, she has been raising their son alo
Audiobook, 320 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Simon Schuster Audio

Sara
May 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eh, phoning-it-in
Mary Higgins Clark is my guilty pleasure read as I'm sure she is for a lot of people who are generally giant literature snobs but occasionally want to "go slumming" to use the coloquial term. I also enjoy the odd Amish romance. I'm weird that way.

I think I like her because she's literally been writing the same book over and over again for years. There's something oddly comforting about her constant recycling of the gorgeous, impeccably dressed, wildly successful at whatever she does but strangel
Susan Snodgrass
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading MHC since her very first book, 'Where Are The Children?' Came out in 1975. Ever missef a one. She is my all time favorite mystery writer! She never fails to buils the suspense until the reader is biting their nails, trying to figure out whodunit.

MHC builds a solid foundation fir her story, then deftly adds characters and sliwly adds more and more information about each one. She does this so well that, at every announcement, the reader believes they know who the crook is. Not
Monnie
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you pick up a mystery by Mary Higgins Clark, it's a pretty sure bet it will read quickly and easily without lots of undue mess and mayhem. That's certainly true in this case, but this time, she managed something I don't think I've ever experienced before: I didn't really like a single character in this book.

Let me explain. The woman I presume to be the heroine, Laurie Moran, is producing the pilot for a true crime TV show, during which a cold case will be re-examined and the story told by f
Linda Strong
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Because her husband was murdered and the killer never caught. Laurie Moran is producing a cold-case TV program.

First up is a murder that took place 20 years ago and was never solved. At the center of the case are 4 women, who were college girls back then and they all had a reason to want the murdered woman dead.

Meanwhile the man who killed Laurie's husband is stalking her ..just waiting for a chance to kill her and her young son.

This is a typical MHC book ... full of suspense with unforgettabl
Melanie
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was sad that this wasn't one of the better Mary Higgins Clark novels I have read. It sounded interesting, a woman is murdered in her sleep while 4 recent college graduates are staying over after a party. The murder is never solved. 20 Years later, they get together for a reunion of sorts to go over their memories for a documentary show.
The book takes place in first person of each character talking about their memories etc. I was able to follow that part without problem, but they frequently res
Natalie
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It just seemed to lack the spark of her earlier novels. The mystery was lackluster.
Fran Bernitz
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely classic Mary Higgins Clark! I woke up before 5 am to finish reading this superb suspense novel and was not disappointed.
Tânia Tanocas
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Este é o primeiro livro da série, depois de ter lido o segundo volume fiquei cheia de curiosidade de perceber como tudo começou com a Laurie. Não sei se foi por ter lido os dois de seguida e por ordem diferente, mas o segundo volume agradou-me muito mais.
Certamente que irei acompanhar esta série.
Rob1109
Nov 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unable-to-finish
Whodunit?
Who cares?

What a disappointment. What an awful book.

For some time now I’ve wanted to read Mary Higgins Clark. She’s been well known for decades and has numerous books on library shelves. I finally decided to pick one up, “I’ve got You Under My Skin.’ I really wanted to like this book. I really was hoping to find a new author I enjoyed and stumble into a huge catalogue of novels I could peruse.

I’m writing this review without having finished the book, something I’ve only done one other ti
Sojourner
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I've Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark is a thrilling and beautifully written crime mystery about a widowed mother and her son haunted by a nightmare. Five years after the death of her husband, Laurie Moran and her young son Timmy are still living in the shadows of that fateful day, always fearful of her husband's killer, who threatened to come back for them.

When her professional work demanded something creative, Laurie settled for unsolved crime cases for her television show, hoping t
Toni
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very simplistic. I was expecting something more. I feel disappointed. Maybe I am just getting to picky in my old age.
Heather
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If I never pick up another Higgins Clark book it will be too soon. Bland predictable writing. Too many parts of the book are just ridiculous. Lacklustre.
Carina Carvalho
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Que excelente estreia com esta escritora!
Muito curiosa de ler os restantes livros da serie.
Uma trama bem construída onde qualquer uma das personagens poderia ter cometido o crime. Capítulos pequenos, de fácil leitura e embora tenha muitas personagens não se torna confuso. No próximo livro já deve existir mais desenvolvimentos sobre a vida romântica da personagem principal :)
Ellen Moore
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mystery! I have read all of this author's books over the years and classify this one among her best. There were plenty of suspects, several simultaneous story lines, and personal life stories of the characters revealed along with action drama and suspense. It was written in Clark's unique style, and I found it a satisfying read.
Farrah Johnson
I am a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark and I've read every single one of her books. I have to say, this book was written in her regular style but seemed to lack the sense that is found in 95% of her other novels. The storyline itself was intriguing: a windowed woman who happens to be a television producer is filming a new show that will reenact the night of the Graduation Party, where socialite Betsy Powell was smothered in her bed while she slept. All the suspects from that night, including her ...more
Maria
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Tenho gostado de todos os livros desta autora, pelo suspense, pelo que podia ser e nem sempre é. Este não foi dos que mais gostei, confesso. Não me surpreendeu, que é o que espero de um livro deste género. Gostei de ler e tive vontade de saber sempre o que ia acontecer a seguir. Mas o desfecho deixou um pouco a desejar, mas nada que me desencoraje a ler mais livros desta escritora
Sharon
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
Review to follow
Alex is The Romance Fox
I know exactly to what expect from this author. A good mystery, filled with many characters and many red herrings.

She has a very unique style of writing which is pretty easy to read.

As usual, this story is filled with mystery, characters with loads of secrets which are revealed throughout the story, different POV’s which get you into the characters head.

This book had a good plot – a reality show based on reenacting unsolved murders with the actual persons involved in the case.

I found it a bit ha
Maureen
May 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Maryann
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say! Every year I wait anxiously for spring, when Mary Higgins Clark brings out a new, wonderful book. This is her 33rd mystery and suspense book and I was pleased. I haven't decided if I want the hard back or the Kindle edition, but I went ahead and borrowed my friend's copy and read it in one day! I know her books are somewhat formulary,but they always leave me satisfied. :O)
Xana
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark não desilude. Gosto imenso da escrita dela, os livros dela são entretenimento garantido.
Gosto destes policiais levezinhos e mais uma vez li-o a correr, nunca cansa e surpreende no final..
aconselho sem reservas..
Gina
This book started out pretty good. It had a thrilling opener and seemed to have a good potential for a great story. However, once the production of the TV show started everything just sort of got very dull. I didn't connect with any of the characters and the four graduates who returned for the show to tell the world they were innocent of socialite, Betsy Powell's, murder all became very repetitive in their "stories" and that's all the reader read about for about 100 pages was not only their alib ...more
Steph
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Carrie Kellenberger
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is the first and last Mary Higgins Clark book I'll read. I struggled to get through it.
Мис Марпъл
Беше толкова предвидимо, че чак болеше...
Mafalda Vasconcelos
Gostei bastante do livro, apesar de achar que a história principal acaba por ter um papel secundário e pouco explorado. Mas foi um livro que nunca me fez perder o interesse.
A. S.
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark’s latest thriller, “I’ve got you under my skin,” follows the story of a murder at a party celebrating the college graduation of four friends—Claire Bonner (at whose house the party was hosted), Nina Craig, Alison Schaefer, and Regina Callon. Claire’s mother, Betsy Powell is suffocated with a pillow by one of the guests at this party, which also includes Claire’s rich stepfather Robert Powell, their sour-faced housekeeper Jane, and rich family friend George.

Twenty years later,
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
I know this is crazy to say but I have never read a Mary Higgins Clark book before listening to this one. I have watched the made for TV movies based on her books and I have always liked them, just never got around to the books.

I’ve Got You Under My Skin was an interested mystery suspense about Laurie Moran a producer who has had one to many flops and needs a good show to save her career. She decides to try a true crime show about a graduating gala from twenty years ago that ended with the murde
Book Him Danno
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book on a bus to New Orleans from Minnesota with a bunch of high school choir students – the bus was noisy but I found I was able to concentrate on the story line as I worked at unraveling the mystery presented in this book. It was fast enough to keep me interested in the book and not in the conversations all around me. Teenagers can be loud. I did have to answer a few questions from the needy teens here and there also glancing out the windows to see where we were along the way-but I ...more
Lightning rods are stationary objects meant to draw lightning. 3 6 Feb 26, 2017 12:18AM
I've got a lot of other projects 1 11 Jul 22, 2015 11:38PM
Arrived yesterday and already half done 4 40 Sep 04, 2014 04:22PM
  • Gypped (Regan Reilly Mystery, #15)
  • That Old Black Magic (Wedding Cake Mystery, #4)
  • Previously Loved Treasures (Serendipity, #2)
  • Fade To Black
  • Cast into Doubt
  • Close to Home
  • Power Play
  • The Kill Shot  (Jamie Sinclair,  #2)
  • Zero-Degree Murder (Search and Rescue Mystery #1)
  • Shadow Creek
  • Ruin Falls
  • House of Secrets (Shandra Covington, #1)
  • Cold Mourning (Stonechild and Rouleau Mystery, #1)
  • Moving Target (Ali Reynolds, #9)
  • Live to See Tomorrow (Catherine Ling, #3)
  • Fear Nothing (Detective D.D. Warren, #7)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more

Under Suspicion (6 books)
  • The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion, #2)
  • All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion, #3)
  • The Sleeping Beauty Killer (Under Suspicion, #4)
  • Every Breath You Take (Under Suspicion, #5)
  • You Don't Own Me (Under Suspicion, #6)
“In most marriages, one of the couple is more in love than the other, and it’s best if it’s the man. The marriage will have a better chance of going the whole way.” 6 likes
“The two more useless words in the English language - Don't worry.” 5 likes