Start by marking “The Curious Case of the Missing Figurehead (Professor and Mrs. Littlefield Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
She’s Passionate about Solving the Case ... with the Town’s Life-Long Bachelor El Littllefield runs The Butler Did It catering. It’s the perfect cover for her to solve “who-done-its” (nothing too dangerous, please!) in this small university town nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. While catering her most important event yet—a fancy retirement dinner for Dr. Max Haverhill, ...more
Published September 1st 2014 by David C. Cook (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Curious Case of the Missing Figurehead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curious Case of the Missing Figurehead

Lisa Johnson
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Curious Case of the Missing Figurehead (A Professor and Mrs. Middleton Mystery #1)
Author: Diane Noble
Pages: 400
Year: 2014
Publisher: David C. Cook
Oh, this book is fun to read! Mrs. Elaine Littlefield or El is a mother, grandmother, caterer and sometime PI. She wears sock monkey pajamas, dances country dances to classical music while baking cookies and drives bad enough to give her passengers white knuckles. She has just landed the catering event of her career and its success will eithe
Cathy Daniel
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I loved this book!! About halfway through it really sped up. I enjoyed all the characters as well as the different threads. Love, love, LOVED the perfect ending! On the author's website she says this is the first of 3 books. I am so happy and can not wait!!
C.B. Cook
May 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Well, this is going to be a hard one to rate. Let's get on with this...

The Good
-Action. I reeeeeeally, really liked the action in this book. The "mystery" was kind of not a mystery, per se, but eh, close enough, I guess...
-Madeleine. OH MY GRAVY I LOVED HER. But she was only in the prologue!!!! (view spoiler) I really, really wish that she had been the main character.
(view spoiler)
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
What do you get when you take the owner of a catering business and couple that with her ability to help the local sheriff with solving crimes in her free time? You get the latest series from best-selling author Diane Noble in The Curious Case of the Missing Figurehead, the first novel in the Professor and Mrs.Littlefield Mystery series. It's like taking Angela Lansbury from Murder She Wrote and pairing it up with Indiana Jones and you get a taste for what this novel is like.

El Littlefield runs
Jalynn Patterson
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review:

El Littlefield runs a catering business by the name of, "The Butler Did It"---with a little bit of solving mysteries as a side business. While catering Dr. Max Haverhill's fancy retirement dinner, she is pulled into the disappearance of a 200 year old relic. As El would say, it's time for a triple chipper! With her best friend missing and several guests at the party getting sick, El knows it's time to get busy on this mystery. With Max by her side they rush to get this mystery solved.
Karen
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great cozy mystery with a fun cast of characters! After a bit of background and introduction, the story picks up speed and zooms to the end as fast as Elaine Littlefield driving her Karmann Ghia. Hoping they all return for another adventure. 4.5 stars
Brenna Feld
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so amazing! I could not put it down. If you like sweet love stories and suspense then this is the book for you! It reminds me of a Hallmark movie. It is a light easy read that will keep you on your toes.
Mandy Pye
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A light hearted easy read
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely delightful book! I picked it up in the book store because it just *looked* interesting. I'm so glad I did.

This story centers around a 'woman of a certain age' who is widowed, runs a catering service and does a little sleuthing on the side. Mrs. Littlefield is her name. She has a friend named Hyacinth, who is also a 'woman of a certain age and shape'. Mrs. Littlefield meets Professor Max and the excitement begins.

When everyone at Mrs. Littlefield's catered banquet of severa
Mark
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have not read a book by Diane Noble in years, and remembered her as being a good author, so I requested this book. It did not disappoint. This is a fun and humorous type of mystery. The main characters are older than in most mystery books - 60-ish, and although there was a lot of danger and suspense, it wasn't what I would call close to scary. I couldn't put it down once I got pulled into it and enjoyed every page of it.

Books intrigue me that have a historical slant in it, and this one did.
Susan
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
When El's catering company is blamed for food poisoning at a retirement party for history professor Max Haverhill, she should be in despair. Well, she is, but she's too busy worrying about her friend Hyacinth, who has disappeared after appearing to have helped steal a precious artifact that Max discovered. Actually, of course, both women are innocent, but they're caught in the toils of a clever plot that also endangers El's daughter and granddaughter. If you really want to read a Christian roman ...more
Nancy
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, kindle
A wonderful cozy mystery

A fast-paced story full of plot twists and turns, populated with likeable, sometimes eccentric, characters who not only solve a mystery or two, but also discover new depths of faith, love, friendship, and family.
Susan
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this new-to-me author!
Terrific characters who come to life as you read! Hoping she has more written...
Anne
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story and I enjoyed it. I found it a bit too long which lost it a star.
PWRL
Feb 25, 2018
Nov 10, 2016
Oct 29, 2014
Kate
rated it did not like it
Nov 06, 2014
Dec 07, 2014
Linda Aldridge
May 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Diane Noble is the award-winning novelist of more published books than she can count: historical fiction, contemporary mysteries and suspense, and romance (written under the pen name Amanda MacLean).

Diane writes from a heart of deep faith that's woven into her stories and nonfiction writings. She often posts on Facebook and Twitter about her journey with Parkinson's Disease and the unexpected gift
More about Diane Noble