Start by marking “The Esau Emergence” as Want to Read:
The Esau Emergence

The Esau Emergence

An edge of your seat, science thriller in the style of James Rollins and Michael Crichton, JC Lynne embroils us in the complex world of genetic engineering and the possibilities of a new generation.

During a black ops mission in Afghanistan, armed Taliban extremists unleash a deadly bacteria killing most of Sebastian Cole’s unit. The consequences of infection are more dange
Kindle Edition, 1st, 232 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 by Ngano Press

To ask other readers questions about The Esau Emergence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Esau Emergence

Start your review of The Esau Emergence
Michael Whitley
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Esau Emergence is an engaging science-based international thriller with science fiction elements and a good deal of romantic tension.

The book is very well-written. The sometimes cinematic writing style pulled me into the story. There are occasional typos in the early Kindle version that I read. I believe they have been corrected in later editions.

The personalities of the main characters were well-developed and I enjoyed watching them interact. The cast of characters isn't huge but it was lar
Steve Linstrom
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
J. C. Lynne's first novel is a fun roller coaster ride with some serious moral overtones. Lynne knows the science and paints a frightening picture of medical science gone wrong. It is the action, adventure and characterization that drives the novel however. It's a great read.
Michael
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! But, to be honest, I may be somewhat biased...
Dave Neuendorf
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Pseudo-science-based plot, justifies existence of shape-shifting humans using DNA manipulation. Magic might explain the suspension of the conservation of mass (shapeshifters becoming more massive), but science never will. The psychic abilities of several characters are more believable because the author makes no attempt to provide a scientific explanation.

There were no characters that I found likeable, and by the time I finished reading I really didn't care what happened to any of them. I should
Sheala Henke
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
First, I will say that I truly enjoyed this book! I can appreciate any debut author's attempt to write what is an an intriguing story, especially when the raw talent is so evident and this world so surreal that the experience is like a map unrolling right out of the imagination. The plot and concept well done and from a scientific perspective this was believable and a true testament to the author's understanding and knowledge base and/or research. I was drawn to the relationship from the start a ...more
Kasey Cocoa
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-requested
I liked the plot premiss and how well the plot progresses even through the slower sections. The characters feel fairly well fleshed out and accurate for the genre. The writing is good but in need of some refinement in several areas. Some things feel redundant in how they are worded. Overall this is an enjoyable read with potential for improvement. I received an evaluation copy in exchange for an honest opinion and review. In no way has this influenced our opinion. Read more reviews, author inter ...more
Nicole
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing plot with fun characters/dynamics which delves into the scary side of genetic engineering. On a side note, the book is littered with great descriptions of food and wine (J.C. Lynne is clearly a foodie). I really enjoyed the fact that the science is done very well (complex ideas are explained clearly and in a way that non-science types can grasp them). Looking forward to the next one...quite the cliff hanger she's left her readers dangling from...
Jamie
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: home
Enjoyable novel. I enjoyed the characters and thought that the science was interesting. The book got progressively more exciting and I liked the tension between the two main characters. I think that some of the characters needed better introduction- I occasionally had to go back to figure out 'who is this?'

The novel ended with me wanting to know more. Looking forward to the next installment- the Esau Covergence.
Kathryn
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Esau Emergence by JC Lynne shows us the darker side of science. You might say it is where possibility meets probability once facts and imagination merge. Add a few well-developed and endearing characters for a fast-paced thought-provoking read. Much like JC herself – the book is bright, bold, and a bit mind-blowing. What could be better than that? I am excited to read the sequel!
stephanie j archambo
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fast read

Fast read

I liked the plot the writer captured your attention from the beginning of the book. The ending was the slow part. I call it a five because it moves.

Jordan
Jun 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I gave up halfway through. It started on an interesting note and then abruptly switched into a subplot that takes place several years ago, but it took so long for the author to tie this portion to the first that I finally gave up.
Jim
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting characters for sure. Held my interest most of the time.
April Moore
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A well-written science thriller with page-turning action and a stand-out plot. The interaction between the characters is entertaining and authentic. A great read.
Misty
Feb 06, 2017
Ron
Jun 11, 2014
J.C. Lynne
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jodie Redfern
Jun 29, 2014
Cory Rose
Sep 30, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Combine Edition Request 2 163 Nov 24, 2013 02:02PM
JC Lynne lives and writes in Colorado. She divides her time between writing, wrangling two pseudo adult sons, three dogs, two cats, and battling her arch nemesis, the laundry.

She is currently working on the third novel in The Esau Continuum. As well as her new non-fiction yoga project, The F*cking Yoga Book.

For more information, to read her creative non-fiction, to find excerpts of her upcoming n