Start by marking “Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1)

Carter Reed

(Carter Reed #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  31,137 ratings  ·  2,571 reviews
Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by her boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect ...more
Published September 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Carter Reed, please sign up.

·  31,137 ratings  ·  2,571 reviews

Start your review of Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1)
Imy♥♥
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
 photo what.gif

Okay let me start by saying that I've had the pleasure of reading great books by Tijan before. Carter Reed however, didn't live up to my expectations.

We're first introduced to Emma. Who happens to arrive home early one day to find her room mate being raped, by her own boyfriend.
Emma only has seconds to make a decision - 1. Call the cops, and be killed by his family's mafia connections, or - 2. Kill him and hope for the best.
She of course picks #2. (I probably would too)
After all is said and
Christy
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Jacqueline's Reads
5 Carter Reed stars!

photo 577978e9-0e21-4304-85e4-3323ec569596_zps684ae7f4.jpg

She’s done it again… I’ve been Tijaned a second time around. I’ve read a few of Tijan’s books and all of them have that addictive quality. Once you start reading, you don’t want to put the book down. Carter Reed took up my entire day. I didn’t plan on listening to an audio book for 7+ hours that evening, but I just couldn’t stop. It’s safe to say that Carter is my new favorite Tijan boy (sorry Jesse). I’ve had this book sitting on my kindle since release day and I’m so
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
To be released Sept 30

TEASER:

"Tell me what happened." His plea was so soft.

I broke. This wasn't the stranger anymore. This was Carter, the boy I had grown up with. I flung my arms around him and pulled him down. Instead of fighting, I clung to him now.

He wrapped his arms around me and rolled to his side. He patted my back and tucked his head into the crook of my neck and shoulder. I felt his lips brush there as he repeated, "You have to tell me. I won't hurt you. I will protect you."
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
What do you do when your roommate and best friend is raped by her boyfriend who just happens to be the son of the local mafia boss?

Well, for Emma the answer is easy. She comes back from her gym class early, goes directly for her gun and shoots him.
So far so good, or rather not so far and not so good. *lol*

*sigh*
What can I say about this book? *shakes head*
The first half read like an action movie and felt like “Fifty Shades of Grey” meets the mafia which actually was pretty entertaining and
Anja
Sep 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish

DNF 65%

But after reading one of the worst love scenes ever, I just couldn't go on. THERE WAS NO CHEMISTRY AT ALL BETWEEN THE HERO AND THE HEROINE!!!!

The only good thing about this book? Its cover. That's all I have to say. SORRY :(
Debra
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

4 PASSIONATE AND ACTION-PACKED STARS.

After having read a few of Tijan's previous NA series, I'd already become a fan of her work and typical writing style. So, when I read the synopsis of Carter Reed and discovered that it was going to be something very different than most of her previous work, I was very curious and anxious to find out how the story would turn out. Needless to say, my expectations were very high, and I can honestly say, the story did not disappoint. But maybe my expectations
Beverly
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Beverly by: Christy
5 Carter was lethal Stars

I was having lunch with my bestie and had told her how crazy it was that I had never read a book by Tijan. After she picked her jaw up off the floor she said, “I would declare war for Carter Reed.” She was completely serious and said it with such passion. After I stopped laughing I asked her what it was about. She said a mob book and brother’s best friend and I was sold. I started this audiobook in my car on the way home and was hooked.

The story begins with Emma
Kristen
GUILTY PLEASURE READ AND NOTHING MORE!!!

Another addictive read by an author I can't seem to get enough of. Like I've said before, her books are my addiction, my crack, and my exception. They will always be 5-star reads for me.

Having said that, I will say this is my least favorite of her books (my favorite is Broken and Screwed 2). Tijan's plots are always a bit convoluted and disjointed, but this book took things to a whole new level. My goodness! I spent the majority of this book with what I
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jointly reviewed for :http://totallybookedblog.com/

description

Jenny: So this is the first time ever that we have marked a book to read based solely on a cover. Hey, don’t judge us. Have you seen that cover? Yep, this was one book we were dying to read and it would be an understatement to say it didn’t let us down, wouldn’t it G?

I absolutely LOVED Carter Reed. I was hooked from the first page and my life pretty much went on hold until I turned that last page. I was completely absorbed in every word of this
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
"You're mine, Emma. You always have been. I won't let you go.”

Fantastic book with a gripping storyline, dark, gritty, filled with action, twists and danger. Sooo to all you action lovers this one is for you! It kinds of has a bit of everything in it, it is hot, heartbreaking, heart racing, action-filled and much more.

What would you do if you caught your roommates boyfriend raping her? What if it was you next?

When Emma walks into her apartment having skipped going to the gym her day goes from
Catarina
4,5 Sexy Badass Stars!

description

Emma did something very bad (and dangerous) in order to save her best-friend.
But now she is a target to the one of the most powerful Mafia families and she needs some kind of protection and there’s only one person she knows that she can give that to her: Carter Reed.

description

Carter Reed was her brother’s best-friend that joined the rival Mafia family in order to revenge Emma’s brother murder. Now he is a dangerous professional badass that made a huge fortune working to the
Andreea Pop
Andreea is not impressed. Andreea is fucking angry, disappointed and downright frustrated.

What's up with that rating average? And how is it possible that this book has so many 5-star reviews that fangirl over the awesomeness that is Carter Reed? I wanted to be one of those fangirls that couldn't stop gushing about it, but I ended up wondering IF I EVEN READ THE SAME BOOK. Prepare for a lot of shouty capitals, ranting and exasperating quotes. Bare with me here, because I might need therapy.

It's just me Shelly B
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mob-ties
Carter Reed.....YUMMMMMMM

Carter is affiliated with mob and I don't mean loosely affiliated he's the REAL DEAL!!!! When Emma finds herself in a bad situation I say BAD lightly because what I really mean is murder, she needed help and that came in the fabulous package of Carter Reed!!!

“You did all of that for me? I would declare war for you.”

They have known each other since they were children he was her brother's best friend. However it's been years since she's seen the enigmatic Carter. What will
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: Beverly
”I would declare war for you.”

description

This story started off with a bang but thereafter was missing something. Perhaps a better back story or Carter's pov from the past? The I love Yous felt like they were out of nowhere for where these two were and are with one another. It could be that added depth from the characters was needed but I just wasn’t connected with the two main characters in the slightest.

Emma is on the run after killing a mobster and goes to her deceased brother’s best friend Carter
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--I Couldn't Stop Reading--Stars!!!

This one really starts with a bang!! *pun intended* Emma walks in on her roomate Mallory getting raped by her boyfriend with mafia connections and decides to take matters in to her own hands.

Freaking out and on the run, Emma and her roomate Mallory end up at their friend Ben's house. Trying to find a way out the mess, Emma turns to Carter Reed...childhood friend, BFF to her dead brother AJ and aka The Cold Killer. Carter Reed has his own mafia ties....to
Jacqueline's Reads
Excerpt and more posted HERE

5 Dangerous Stars

Carter was lethal. His body was craved and molded to perfection.

I loved Carter Reed. From start to finish, it was everything I look for in an alpha-damsel-in-distress read. If you like what I like, then you will love this book. It’s also has the same feel to Killing Sarai (to me at least)

NOW, I have to put that big fat Disclaimer - > This book has received a lot of 4 star reviews. Let me tell you why this book isn’t a home run for everyone. I
Anna
internal debate begins ...... I loved Carter Reed's character but hmmmmmm I'm missing that something something.

review to come <3333
Lo Bookfrantic
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My very first Tijan book and now I'm addicted, will never look back lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow first book I've read from this author and I am in love! I can't believe I am just now reading this. I've had it on my TBR and just never had time to start this. I am so glad I did. Loved it from the first chapter. This book has everything I look in books. Plenty of suspense, action, love and the fact that I have no idea what's happening next just keeps me going. Emma was a great character I really loved how thought
Perry

Oh... why?? Why?? Did I have to jump on the Carter Reed bandwagon just because I saw somewhere that a sequel was coming up soon? I steered clear of this book when it first came out two years ago, despite all the hype because my gut kept telling me to stay away.

Now two years later, my reckless, impressionable self throws herself all in, without bothering to check any reviews first and judge whether it was going to be worth my while.

Well, in short, this book was just... weird...

The
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Carter Reed by Tijan

5 stars!!

“This,” he growled in a whisper against my lips. “This is what I wanted that night. I couldn’t help myself and I had to taste you, but tonight is the night I really have you. You’re mine, Emma. You always have been.”

Tijan has done it again, this author has never failed me. I absolutely loved this book and I absolutely adore Carter Reed. Seriously, you could not help but fall in love with this man.

Emma has been on her own for a while, when she was younger she was
Liz
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Carter Reed begins with a bang. It is a book that sucks you in right from the first page and doesn't release it's hold on you until the last word is read. Damn, I love a good book with action, romance, and lots of steam!

Emma comes home and finds her roommate being raped by her so called "boyfriend". Emma is no stranger to violence and she arms herself and takes action.

"We should call the police, but no—I had killed someone. No, I had killed Jeremy Dunvan. We couldn’t call anyone."

Emma realizes
Wendy'sThoughts
Sometimes I get carried away by all of the excitement generated by status updates. Little teases of quotes from the characters dot my update page calling out to me... “see how that sounds... enticing... sexy... "

I will make an instant buy and go for it.
This was that type of purchase. The cover was hot.
The tease from my friends, more than hot.
Click clicked and started the read.

My first impression was positive... I was duly shocked by the opening scene. Dramatic things were happening and I got the
Geri Reads
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Carter Reed Stars!

"You did all of that for me?"
"I would declare war for you."

I have enjoyed Tijan's stories in the past and this one was no exception.

Just reading from the first chapter alone, I know it's going to be good. The blurb pretty much revealed that. I know going in what was going to happen but boy, the way it was written was just fantastic. Every emotion that Emma was feeling was so tangible. It felt like I was there myself watching all those horrible things as they unfold.

Emma
Lelyana
Buddy read with Audrey Thunder

Audrey was being coward, she escaped her 'responsibility' to finished this! LOL

Let me tell you this.
During the reading, this main character, Emma, given me a headache. Twice. Twice of migraine.
She was so annoying. Drama queen, too demanding, pushy, and acted like a spoiled little princess when it comes to Carter's "service".
I mean...c'mon...you'd killed people, you abandoned your stressful friends, and let them hunted by the mob, while you're looking for a shelter
Vishous
Dear Carter,

I am writing you this letter in hope you will read it on time! I need your help! I need you to be my savior!
No, I am not in life threatening situations like Emma is, I did not kill anybody connected to mafia, but still I crave you to be my knight in shiny armor, to come and swoop me and take us to our HEA!

You can lock me and boss me all you want, I will never say no to you.
Expecting your arrival at midnight under that tree in my hometowns garden where I first laid my eyes on you and
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Soooo, I read this because of my ongoing love affair with Cole Mauricio.

photo DatingFictCharacter.jpg

I enjoyed it, but not to same extent as Cole. I loved the group dynamic between Cole, Em, and Carter and felt it best to start from the beginning. I'm really glad I did, because I enjoyed the story. The action and suspense were great! I had a few minor issues, but overall this was a solid read.

I'd also recommend the audiobook version. The narration was good.
On to Book 2.

I rate it: 3.75 Stars
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
I am in such a blissful book hangover!! This is my fifth book by Tijan and what she promises, she delivers with a bang! It’s been three days since I’ve read it and I couldn’t even bring myself to start another…I’m just so consumed by the characters, the romance, the plot and the setting---> LOVE the whole dangerous, mysterious, sexy mafia background!! Seriously, is there anything this author can’t write?!?!

description

The opening scene literally stole my breath. And not in a “oh my gosh, it’s sooo
Stacey
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"You don't trust anyone, no one except Carter. Go to Carter. He'll take care of everything. He'll take care of you, Ems. I promise."

One of the last things Emma's brother AJ told her, before he was killed, was to trust no one but Carter. If she was in trouble, she should go to Carter. But it's been 10 years since AJ died. 10 years since she's seen Carter. In those 10 years Carter has changed. Beyond being absolutely gorgeous, Carter Reed has become a killer. He slaughtered all who were
Andrea Fleury
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable wonderful and dangerously good. I love Carter. Bad boy one second controlling the next. He has always love her. But now she is in trouble. He will stop at nothing to save her.
Ezinwanyi
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mafia-mob, romance
I am truly baffled at the amount of high stars for this one. I had to scratch my head and wonder if maybe I read the wrong book.

This discombobulated book starts with Emma coming home to find her roommate being raped and so she shot the rapist. She didn't call the cops, she called Carter Reed because the rapist was a mobster and so was her brother's best friend Carter Reed.

We spend the next 9 hours on audio hearing about Emma's achy thighs and quivering belly at the sound of Carter's voice. She
YA Buddy Readers'...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Carter Reed Duology, by Tijan - Starting July 1st 2019 6 10 Jul 12, 2019 06:49AM
Book similar to this? 17 669 Dec 28, 2017 01:24PM
Addicted to Tijan...: Carter Reed 2 62 Aug 29, 2017 02:03PM
Fallen Into Tijan...: Carter Reed (Carter Reed #1) 1 12 Nov 08, 2015 07:16PM
Who else loved this book.? 18 231 Feb 04, 2015 06:17AM
The Challenge Fac...: Vicci Audio Nerd, Kristin & Ezi - Carter Reed 124 23 Oct 01, 2014 05:22AM

• Her Seductive Dare (Dare to Love)
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Fear Me (Broken Love, #1)
  • Nero (Made Men, #1)
  • Crow's Row (Crow's Row, #1)
  • Broken Trust (Dark Legacy #2)
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Bidding on Brooks (The Winslow Brothers, #1; Blueberry Lane, #7)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Fear You (Broken Love, #2)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)

Carter Reed (2 books)
  • Carter Reed 2 (Carter Reed, #2)
“(Carter): "I've been protecting you since I joined the Mauricio family. You were why I joined them in the first place."

(Emma): "You did all that for me?"

(Carter): "I would declare war for you.”
124 likes