Start by marking “Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy, #4)

Colters' Promise

(Colters' Legacy #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,534 ratings  ·  227 reviews
Return to the captivating storytelling of New York Times bestselling author Maya Banks, and her stirring saga of three brothers and one indomitable woman— of wounded hearts, family, and forgiveness…

When it came to overcoming the odds of a tragic past, Lily was determined to move on. The three Colter brothers helped her do it. They taught her new ways to love, new dreams to
Published June 5th 2012 by Berkley (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Colters' Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colters' Promise

really liked it 4.00  ·

Auntee
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: For fans of the series
This reads like one giant epilogue for the series, or perhaps serves as a spin-off for a new series about Max Wilder's (Colters' Daughter) abused sister Lauren. For fans of the series I suppose it's an okay read, but I was hoping for more of a plot and a little more heat.

Anyhow, it's almost Christmas, and all the Colters and their spouses are finally home in Clyde, Colorado at the same time. Holly and her husbands --Adam, Ryan, and Ethan (Colters' Woman) and their offspring Dillon, Seth, and Mic
Kristen
4 Stars - Erotic Romance - I've enjoyed this series but I've had issues with the narrator. In the previous books, his female voices have been too soft and sugary sweet. Luckily, that wasn't a problem with this book. His female voices worked for me. Maybe I've just grown use to them. ;)
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
What is it with the Colters that makes me keep coming back for more?

By all accounts, this whole series is... too much. I mean, three brothers with one wife. Then they have four kids. Then their three sons find the one woman to marry. And, their daughter is in BDSM marriage. Not to mention all the drama that went on. OTT, no doubt about it. But, still...

There's something in the way these stories are told that makes them warm, emotional and unleashes the craving to know more. Even though it was so
Jen
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was like going to a family reunion for me. For the past few years I have enjoyed The Colter Family's stories written by Maya Banks. This last book was short and sweet, and gave fans an update on the lives of all of our beloved characters from the series. The whole Colter family is going to be together for Christmas, and there are a few surprises in store. There is also an additional character as well, and that is Callie's husband Max's sister; Lauren. She has been recently physically ...more
Asounani

No tengo nada que decir ante este libro
Sunny☼
The Colters is one of my all time favourite menage series. Banks had turned strong men into real people with genuine emotions and thoughts.
This book is the story of all the married kids and spouses home for Christmas and Holly wanting it to be special.
Banks was still in tune with the men. I think Holly's Adam, Ryan and Ethan haven't lost it. Neither did they gain anything. Lilly's Michael, Seth and Dillion were still hot compassionate and understanding men and they demonstrated their passion ju
Sans
My one reaction to this book is: The English language needs several more words for "love". Holy shit. Did you know it's possible to get annoyed with that word and the concept behind it?
Jess
May 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for_review
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 2.5/5

This latest Colters’ story gives us a peek at what the family’s up to, what’s going on in their lives and introduces us to Lauren, Max’s sister. The book goes back and forth from each couples point of view, but really follows the women: Holly, Callie, Lily and a small glimpse at Lauren.

Holly, ever the mama bear, wants to finally give her family a home cooked meal and as the story is set around the holidays, she enlists Lily’s help in le
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Colters' Legacy erotic romance series based in Clyde, Colorado in the Rocky Mountains. The couple focus is mostly on Lily with her men---Dillon, Michael, and Sean. A secondary focus is on Holly with her men---Ryan, Ethan, and Adam along with Callie Colter and her husband Max Wilder.

My Take
Sweet, but very short. More of a bridge novel with everyone settling in. It's not about sex, although, with three "couples", two of whom are composed of one woman and three men, sex is a given. It
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Maya Banks is one of my favorite authors!! I am a HUGE fan of hers!! I especially LOVE this series--it is one of my favorites!! Colters' Woman was the first menage that I had ever read and I was hooked from then on!! LOL I am so glad that she decided to continue the series after Colters' Daughter!! Although I adore Adam, Ethan, Ryan and Holly--Seth, Michael, Dillon and Lily are my absolute favorites!! I feel like I have been waiting for this book for forever and I was not disappointed!!

There was
Kelley
I bought this book sight unseen because it was on sale and I enjoy Maya Banks's KGI series. Imagine my surprise.

Although this series is probably put in the erotic genre, I am making my own romantic fantasy utopian romance genre because these folks do not live in any reality I know. Basically it's an emotional utopia where no one feels jealous, inadequate, slighted, or wronged. Everyone is filled with a warm and fuzzy unconditional love in which its presence is never in doubt or its withdrawal e
Kari Kaz

This was a shorter book than the others in the series. It read more like a very extended epilogue where we get to catch up with all the Colter characters.
What I did not like: There really was no storyline or obvious plot to follow, no actual conflicts. Most scenes were too sugary, I lost count how many times the word "loving" came up.
What I liked: The author's writing is very good, her style works for me and is very pleasant and easy to follow. I also loved getting updated on everyone because
Moran
I really enjoyed Colters' Promise but it was a very short story and I have to say that I'm glad I only paid 6$ for it since it way too short and the original price of 7.99$ is way too expensive IMO.

I enjoyed reading more about the Colters' family but I had a feeling like the publisher was trying to rip readers off with charging so many money for such a short story.

It's not the author's fault how much the publisher charge for a book and that's way I gave the book 4 starts review,

I liked the stor
Spynonu
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the Colter series but this story was a big disappointment. It was sugar poured on syrup over a candy bar - so sweet it made my teeth ache. A lot of serious subjects were touched on but were avoided to keep you swimming in an ocean of honey. I really looked forward to reading this story but I was seriously disappointed. Where was the conflict? And where was the resolution?

I was thinking that Lauren was really going to shake things up for Lilly and her men- perhaps make a new twist in the
Jenn Scranton
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet again, I cannot get enough of the Colter men!!!!

Sadly, I still can't connect with Callie and Max. :( I see the next book is going to be about Lauren, Max's sister. Honestly, I just want to keep reading about the Colter men, but hey, I'll read it! :)
Ann
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book what woman wouldn't want all that attention from all those hot sexy alpha men, and that is what those Colter men are hot, hot
Sandy M
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic, contemporary
I was so excited to get this latest installment of Maya Banks’ Colter family. I’ve enjoyed reading about this unique family since the first book. Not many authors are able to give readers a balanced read with romance, the erotic, and a good storyline, but not so the case with this Colters’ Legacy series from Ms. Banks. Each book has been thoroughly enjoyable to read, and it’s nice to know there’s more to come.

In this book we get a wrap-up for each part of the Colter family that we’ve met in prev
Pboswell
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Big Happy Family...That Continues To Grow!

I'm so excited for Seth, Michael, Dillion and Lily!! The first Colter Grandchild! The kid is going to be supported, loved and dangerously spoiled!! With Baby Rose very present and watching over them. Lily has three men who love and cherish her dearly, want won't accept her going at anything alone - they make all her struggles and problems bearable. It was so sweet of them to acknowledge Lily's biggest loss and lover her to the point of healing.

Max a
Skyqueen
Well I feel like I have to justify reading this chik lit....so when I was fighting the flames of a fever and wanted a break from all my educational non-fiction and something fantasy and not too mentally taxing, I ran across this 49 cent Thrift Town short book in my stash. I thought just the thing!
Well...HaHa on me....I guess I've been in this boat before, 'cause I had already read it! But I still read it and, surprise, surprise, one of the characters right out of the chute was battling a fever
Shan ~ A ~
I want to start from the ending and say, Way to go, Holly!!!!

You will have to read it to know what's that about.

Anyway, this seems to be a holiday novella, since the events take place around Christmas. Basically, this book gives fans of this series a glimpse into the lives of the characters from the previous 3 books and is also a intro for Lauren's story.

Still, if you are a fan and have been wondering what's been going on with your beloved characters, then this is definitely for you. Now, for
Laura's Book Addiction
I'm such a fan girl of Maya Banks Colter's series and was over the flipping moon when I realised there was a 4th book. I loved cacthing up with the Colter family. Colter's Promise is set 2 years after book #3 and it features characters from the first three books and new characters for book #5 which I'm so happy for but sad I have to wait until April 2013 to read Lauren's story.

Maya Banks was the first Eroctic romance novel I read and because her books are not all about sex (although there is tha
Booklover, Indianapolis
(August) 3.5* While this book was really a whole lotta nothing, it was still very sweet. I love how MB makes the families appear completely normal - sorry, don't really think it's possible for 3 brothers to hook up with one woman and their family be accepted as just a normal, average everyday family (small town living?!). That said, glad the book didn't focus to much on Callie and Max, as they are not my favorites. This should really be billed as a Xmas story, because that is really what it was. ...more
Amanda S.
Well that was cute. :)

It's been a year since Max and Callie's story. Now everybody's stay. And Mama Colter, Holly, is determined to have a family dinner in Christmas. But when Lily felt sick and Max's abused sister came along, will this Christmas be perfect just like Mama Colter wants? Reunion!

It's very cute story. Been a while since I read Colters' series. This book's so simple and it's perfect reading in evening with a cup of tea.

I always like Colters' family, especially the Papa Colters'. T
Sadonna
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, polyamory
So first of all this is my least favorite book in this series. And 256 pages? Uh, no. And I'm really pissed that I paid $8.55 for this from Amazon. It's very very short and I was expecting something around the length of the first book. I finished it in one short sitting this afternoon. Totally not what I expected. It felt rushed and the ending was not satisfying. I feel like I got half a book. So are we supposed to pony up another $8.50 for the rest of the story???
Stef
Loving this series by Maya Banks. Must read all in order as the characters carry over. Suspense, SEX, menage, mmmf, mf, erotica.

Great story learning more about Max's sister and the wonderful Christmas surprises. this is a wonderful family that cares about each other. A must read in the series. See previous reviews of the series for more.
Rachel
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This is a follow-up story on Lily with Seth, Michael and Dylan. The men are manly (all THREE of them, in different ways), the woman is vulnerable, and the family is loving and supportive to the point of repetitive sappiness. Not high quality writing, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I listened to the audiobook. 3.5/5
April
Ok, so this one I enjoyed. There weren't any new love connections in this book so I wasn't irritated by all the insta love crap that has gone on in this series. It was all mostly loving relationships showing more love. An update on all the previous matches.
Sherrie
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Maya Banks book the Colters series.
Lillie
This book gives me the warm fuzzies. I loved catching up with my favorite fictional family and can't wait for Colters' Gift!
Angel
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is pretty much like an epilogue.  Not too exciting.  We get to check in on Holly, Lily, Callie, and the guys, while also introducing us to Lauren, prepping us for Book 5 to finish the series.

I'm a little back and forth with this author.  She gives her all in some of her work, but others' it's like she's just filling in the space, such as this book.  This was a short read, but could have easily been condensed further.  I found myself skipping over paragraphs as the author was spending a lot
The World of Maya...: * 4. Colters' Promise 9 24 Jun 05, 2013 09:51AM
  • Reckoning (Love Slave for Two, #4)
  • Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3)
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Chasing Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #7)
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Heather's Gift (Men of August, #3)
  • Divine Phoenix (Divine Creek Ranch, #10)
  • Their Virgin Princess (Masters of Ménage, #4)
  • Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers #3)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

Colters' Legacy (5 books)
  • Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy, #1)
  • Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy, #2)
  • Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)
  • Colters' Gift (Colters' Legacy, #5)
“I need your dominance, your strength. Your control. I need that structure. It centers me. It reminds me that I have a place in this world. With you.” 0 likes