Start by marking “The Underworld (Rhyn Eternal, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Underworld (Rhyn Eternal, #4)

The Underworld

(Rhyn Eternal #4)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  490 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The time has come for Gabriel to claim his underworld. Accompanied by the deceptive Dark One, he risks everything to find his mate and take his place as the deity Death.

Between him and the only woman he’s ever loved: a handful of rebelling death dealers, the deity Karma and the Dark One’s mate, a human-turned-demon who holds his soul in the palm of her hand.

Time is running
ebook
Published July 19th 2014 (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Underworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Underworld

Ann Marie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Book 4 in the Rhyn Eternal Series.

"Change doesn't mean losing who you are."

We begin the Underworld with Gabriel, Rhyn and Darkyn returning to Death's domain looking for Harmony the death dealer who kidnapped Deidre (Darkyn's mate) and past-Death Deidre.

Gabriel needs to set things right in his Underworld before he can save his mate. His journey to the palace is not an easy one and he finds out soon enough that his world needs him. Will he find past-Death? Will he finally accept what he has been
Susan  Owensby
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review by Ann Marie from Wicked Women Book Blog - Book 4 in the Rhyn Eternal Series.

"Change doesn't mean losing who you are."

Heather andrews
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For being the Dark One and not having any feelings he sure is angry his woman his missing, "my mate is newly blood bound. She will weaken quickly," growled the Dark One. "She doesn't have more than three days." Gabriel I missed him and I think the boy is coming around to his woman as well, "that's...good," he managed. She went to sheathe the blade and dropped it, point down, on the floor. "Oh, gods, woman, be careful with that s***," he grumbled." I love how Darkyn shows his affection, "he pulle ...more
Zala
2.5 stars.

I enjoyed the book's first half, maybe even a bit more than half, despite the agonizingly slow progressing.
It was nice to see some new faces—Karma—and both Deidres working together.

The built-up engulfed preparations and entanglements from 3/4 of the story and I was patiently waiting for a tumultuous ending, but when it finally unravelled it wasn't all that. Heck, it was pitiful.

Also, what happened to Darkyn and how things resolved was not to my liking...

(view spoiler)
Lisa Marie
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
These books aren't the most amazing series out there...and by that I compare to "Daughter of Smoke and Bone", or the immortal instruments series, but they are an awesome read of Gods, Goddesses, and Deities.a world where humans get caught up in the games that Death, Fate, the Dark One, Peace, and Karma play, and as deities get introduced the story grows. There is family deceptions, love, hate, torture and death...it's definitely kept my interest over the last few years, and I'm excited for the n ...more
Mckenzie Simmons
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this soo much after the wait it was better than I hoped! I can't wait for more of Darkyn and Dierdre! They are my favorite couple I guess even the devil deserves someone to love.
Elsie Harina
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sad to finish this series but I love the characters esp Gabriel & Deidre. I just hope that there's more to Rhyn & Katie!
Deb Carroll
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So excited for the next book in this series! My only hope is a lack of the relationship between Gabe and past death! I get that this was all about them but I am still not feeling the love for them after the way my girl Diedre was treated! In this book Gabe needs to fix what has gone wrong in his Underworld and to fix the damage Harmony has caused and to save his mate (he really never cares much about human Diedre) and Darkyn's mate he is going to need the help of Darkyn, Ryn & Andre! Sadly h ...more
Linda
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I devoured this book. I just couldn't wait to find out what the heck Gabriel was going to do to get back his domain, and of course, rescue the Deirdres. I figured it was going to be a bit surprising given Darkyn was with him, but have to admit, I didn't expect some of the twists this book delivered.

After returning to the Underworld, Gabe learns that more than 75% of his people betrayed him and aligned themselves with Harmony. On top of that, he still isn't able to access his magic and believes t
Andrea

5 awesome stars!!!

Wow, Lizzy you've done it again!! My heart has been in my mouth all the way from beginning to end. Just when I think all is going to plan you go and pull the rug from under my feet. I certainly did NOT see that twist coming. And the end? As usual you've left me hanging on and eager for more. I have to wait til July 2015 for more of my demonic fix? Waaaahh, no fair!!!

Lizzy Ford is one of my favourite P/R authors. I never need to read the blurb of her books, I just 1-click as I
Crystal
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Time is running out for Deidre, Darkyn and past-Death. Gabriel still has to figure out how he is failing his underworld. All of our favorite characters pop in and out of this story. The badass's turn soft and the soft go hard-core. Most all of the crew will surprise you at some point in time. This is a great action filled read. The emotions have depth as all are faced with a situation where things can go fatally wrong. This is a great read and a little longer length. It took a couple of days for ...more
Leah Speller
This book was one that I just could not put down. The action and seeing how some of the loose ends were going to be completed or not kept me completely on edge. Truly to the point on not wanting to put the book down.

I think I had to charge my kindle during it as well. But no matter. Lizzy certainly knows how to make her characters grow and at times search themselves. That is never easy for any of us.

This has been a great read with a well thought out story arch introducing new ones through hinta
Emmanuelle
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book does a fantastic job of picking up right where Darkyn's Mate left off. The book mostly takes place within Death's realm, Underworld. After past-Death Deidre left a mess of things with her shifty deals, Gabe is left at a loss for how to take control of his world. After being locked out of the realm, he finally manages to enter only to find that Harmony -- once a fellow co-worker for past-Death -- has control of most Death-Dealers and few are still loyal to him. As her learns to have the ...more
Chelsea
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed it. This series gets better and better. I cannot wait to see where else this series will go.
The characters grow even more. This book draws you in especially with last books cliff hanger. Not as big a cliff hanger this time but still want to know the answers to questions that popped up at the end. I also enjoyed the little peaks of other stories such as Ryan and Katie. I love that this was based on Gabriel mostly he is one of my favorites.
Fast paced book, great stories, great cha
Jeanette Crump
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my God! Yes! Oh, my God! This is the living end! (pun intended). All of our characters that we have come to love so well are figuring themselves out. The love is working out. And then all Hell breaks loose! That's all I'm going to say. I don't want to give any spoilers away because this is such an awesome read that you've just got to read it for yourself. One of the best books I have ever read! I certainly WILL be reading more from this author! The books should be read in order. Cliffhangers ...more
Crissy
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Rhyn Eternal series is one of the best paranormal series I have read. There’s no way to read this series and not fall in love with author Lizzy Ford for creating an amazing story and her characters because well hell, they are just freaking fantastic. Lizzy has a way of even making Death look good. I loved this book; especially the back and forth between Fate, Gabriel and Darkyn. This book will have you on the edge of your seat and laughing at the same time. I cannot wait to read the next boo ...more
Margaret
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book four (4) in the Rhyn Eternal series.

Time is running out, and Gabriel has one chance to make things right, even if it means letting g
Michelle Dodd
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Lizzy Ford is a paranormal master. The Underworld was a pure absolute paranormal perfection. Of the Rhyn Eternal series this one was my favorite. When you have Demon, Deities, and Immortals on the brink of waging war against each other how can things go wrong. Easy throw in the pesky human woman decided to get the ball rolling on these chain of events. The Underworld was insane to read because as soon as I thought I had it figured out somebody had a new deal going. This book was just awesome and ...more
Pamela Beach
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-reads
Lizzy Ford is everything you will want in an author and Underworld is one of the best books in this series for me. Darkyns story was epic I loved his bad dark side being in love with his mate, they are a romance of the dark kind....and beautiful! This book has such a twist to its heartfelt love that you cant help but fall with them, Lizzy Ford great job if you love the series your going to be in awe of The Underworld. I recommend this book and all of the rest this is a one of a kind Unique serie ...more
Lourdes Ortega
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again Lizzy Ford gave us another amazing book. I am pretty sure that when we realize the switch, all of us wanted to lynch Lizzy, but after reading The Underworld I realized the why.... then entire series is about balance, finding the person that will ground you. For Darkyn that person was Deidre, and for Gabriel was Past-Death or the original Deidre. The message is so simple that it becomes complicate, for Gabriel and Darkyn was balance and to be men enough to agknowledge that without it a ...more
Michelle
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am not great at writing perfect reviews so all I will say is I loved it. I highly recommend Lizzy as an author. I haven't come across any of her books that I would give anything less than 5 stars. I love this series so much and I like that each book goes into specific characters so you get a well rounded incite into each one of them. I you like Black Dagger Brotherhood series you will love this. Highly recommended.
Td
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Underworld, Ryhn Eternal #4 by Lizzy Ford
5 stars

I loved how both Deidre and past-death Deidre had to learn, evolve and grow into their new roles and new lives. The each also grew a lot in how they learned to have relationships with their mates.
Gabriel and Darkyn provided both humor and struggles as they learned to properly protect and love their mates.
I liked the challenges they all faced, and continue to love how Lizzy wrote these characters!
Ashley Martinez
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was anxious for this book to come out and hated the wait but it was well worth it. The Underworld picked up where the last book left off.
Each of the character's relationships grew stronger and I loved the development. I enjoyed the journey that Gabriel, past-death and Deidre went on throughout the book to discover who and what they are.
I was hook from page one getting pulled in with the action and suspense. I can't wait for the next book as the journey continues!
Jeanine Walsh palinkas
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So, I definitely missed the memo when this came out!!!! I re-read the entire series, beginning with the Rhyn Trilogy and then the first three Rhyn Eternal. This one? OMG! I'm not sure I can wait until July for book #5 on the Eternal series. Mr "Checkmate" may just be my favorite character, aside from Rhyn, of course!
Marsha
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
The Underworld by Lizzy Ford is book 4 in the Ryn Eternal series. I am not sure how I managed to read this one out of order, but it was equally as thrilling as all the others. The characters are written perfectly. As the title says, this story line is based in the Underworld, so it is darker and deeper that the other books. But Ford still manages to give a chuckle and an HEA.
Candice
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked how the underworld turned out. Gabriel got his past-Deirdre. And the dark he got his little sex vixen. This story was good. Kept me interested. Loved the little adventure for the lady's to show how strong they really are when proving them selfs.
Cheryl Duval
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow and another wow! Can't say enough good things about this story. This series has been a rollercoaster ride of edge of your seat excitement. I became so very invested with the characters and enjoyed watching them develop and change. This is a great series! I highly recommend it.
Jessica
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series from Lizzy Ford. I enjoyed the twist and turn of the events as they unfolded, and I enjoyed the character interactions. I found several typos, but that is the only negative thing I have to say about this book.
Heather  Ann Lynn
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I waited and waited for this book to be released, and it was worth the wait.
I'll be reviewing this on my book review blog: link on my profile.

I enjoy all of Lizzy's books, and am a devoted reader!
Jessica
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Lizzy's books. I have been waiting for this book for what seems like forever and I was not disappointed. I did almost have a melt down at one point in the book but Lizzy made up for it...Thank you for that Lizzy. I love Darkyn and Gabriel.
Vote For The Underworld!! 1 4 May 21, 2014 01:03PM
When is the underworld coming out? 2 23 May 21, 2014 01:01PM
  • The Scarred Heart (Wilde Creek, #5)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • The Soul's Mark: HUNTED (The Soul's Mark, #2)
  • Dreams of Darkness
  • Hot Vampire Touch (Vampire Wardens, #3)
  • Disembodied Bones
  • The Little Dragons
  • Wicked Hope (Wicked, #2)
  • Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)
  • The Quiver of a Kiss: The Seduction of Helen of Troy
  • The Indie Eclective: The Halloween Collection
  • Inhuman
I breathe stories. I dream them. If it were possible, I'd eat them, too. (I'm pretty sure they'd taste like cotton candy.) I can't escape them - they're everywhere! Which is why I write! I was born to bring the crazy worlds and people in my mind to life, and I love sharing them with as many people as I can.

I'm also the bestselling, award winning, internationally acclaimed author of over sixty tit

Rhyn Eternal (5 books)
  • Gabriel's Hope (Rhyn Eternal, #1)
  • Deidre's Death (Rhyn Eternal, #2)
  • Darkyn's Mate (Rhyn Eternal, #3)
  • Twisted Fate (Rhyn Eternal #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Final Winter (Damienverse, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Girl on a Wire (Cirque American #1)
  • One Rainy Night