Start by marking “Bad Boy Rock Star (Bad Boy Rock Star, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boy Rock Star (Bad Boy Rock Star, #1)

Bad Boy Rock Star

(Bad Boy Rock Star #1)

Hannah Sorrento never planned to be a band manager. She’s a princess and the toughest obstacle she's had in life is finding shoes to match her outfit.

Then her father disappears leaves her with only the money in her purse and a management contract for hot, indie band, STORM. She plans to sell the contract, one way or another, then pack up her designer wardrobe and head back
Published November 18th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boy Rock Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boy Rock Star

Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

EDIT: Hi please read this, the author and I have had a little discussion and she never meant to write something that came across as sexual abuse and until reading my review hadn't picked up that it could be read this way. If I have time I may pick this up again with a fresh p.o.v but until then my original review can still be found below.

-------
Nope. Big fat NOPE.

I shelved this as DNF so quickly i
Coco.V
Nov 15, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
FREE on Amazon today (11/15/2017)!
Anita O'halloran
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is very engaging and easy to read. I really enjoyed Hannah's character progression from a snobby rich girl into someone quite likeable. There were a lot of laugh out loud moments which I though counteracted the drama really well. My favourite character was Angie, though I also really liked Eric and his mother. Hannah should totally be with Eric instead of Jack Colt because Jack Colt is a jerk and Eric is awesome. I enjoyed the cliffhanger ending because it meant there will be more, but ...more
Brenna
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wowzer! I give that one a 5 star rating even though I'm not happy where it ended.. It left me wanting more.. Which of course is a good thing but also a bad thing because I'm not sure if there is more and now need to wait for more. It however was really good.. Will be doing a full review on my book blog on 11/20 I hope you all can drop by!

Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Hmmm... well that was interesting. Not at all what I was expecting and that ending? Umm, WTH? Seriously?? Full review to follow for the blog tour soon.
Tracey (Life and Literature)
The spotlight shone on Jack Colt. It emphasized his cheekbones and the pouty bottom lip. It emphasized the tousle of his hair. It emphasized the strength of his body. That spotlight shone as if it'd been created for the sole purpose of shining on Jack Colt.

Hannah Sorrento had a pretty cushy life. Money was never an issue. She was attending college and was set to take over her fathers thriving business. She had a boyfriend who moved in the same circles as her and she could picture him as part
Ellen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tours, e-arc
After growing up rich and lacking nothing, Hannah Sorrento suddenly finds herself with nothing but her designer clothes and barely enough money for rent at a cheap pay-by-the-week room. Her father is nowhere to be found and all she has left is the failing Megastar Promotions business that her father had put in her name. Hannah's only hope is to begin managing the band Storm, who thinks she and the company are a joke. Jack Colt, the leader of the band and an enigma in himself grates on her last n ...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
3 This series has potential stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

Ok, I have to admit I didn't know what to expect, all I knew was it had bad boy and rock star in the title so I thought it was worth a try. I thought the title was a bit corny so therefore I assumed (which was my first mistake ) and I was very pleasantly surprised with this book and liked it a lot.

First we have Hannah who is surprisingly a very strong character who goes from riches to rags. To pull herself out she is for
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
Hannah has been left with very little. Her father told her she had to learn to be tough and more so because she is a princess. A daughter is a princess in every father’s eyes though. But when the father is at the root of Hannah’s new life, it is hard to believe that she is still a princess.

Hannah has to find a way to survive until her daddy returns. Not knowing exactly how long that will be, she comes up with a plan to get money quickly so she can continue to live. The Storm. She can always get
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

I enjoyed Bad Boy Rock Star, especially Hannah's character. At first, I found her to be annoying and stuck up, but she ended up quickly growing on me. She's snarky and fun to read about with a spoiled rich girl attitude like the character Cher from Clueless. Clueless and endearing are actually two great ways to describe Hannah.

She basically ends up stuck managing the band, Storm, b
Kami Dodson-Perry
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, blogged
Hannah is down on her luck. She was raised with a rich father but now has nothing but a record company that has not really been a business since she was a child. But they still have one band signed to them "Storm".

Hannah must get the band to buy her out so she can get money to survive or she must make them a success. She has no experience and has no idea how to manage a band so her choice is simple.

Jack Colt can get any woman he wants, even ones he doesn't want. He is a ROCK GOD, beautiful, and
Beth
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really think it is funny how you are going along ...trying to figure out what to read ...u are ready for a new book ... strolling through your books in your kindle and bam ... u find this beauty ... i am new to Candy's writing ... great style. Love the cover. great quick read. Must read, check it out ... love a rock star read any day. ( :
Derna
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
*******3.5 stars ***********

**** I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Hannah Sorrento has a very privileged lifestyle, spoilt rich girl who has never had to worry about anything, and who always gets her own way. However her world is turned upside down when her father’s lawyer tell her that he has disappeared. Hannah is left with only the money in her bank account, and a management contract that tells her the she is the manager of rock band called Storm.
Hannah m
Novels On The Run
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 21ST NOVEMBER:

RATING: 3 STARS!

There are many things swimming about in my brain after reading this book.

The title Bad Boy Rock Star is a little deceiving. Sure there is a bad boy rock star in the story named Jack Colt. I do like his name. I like the drummer’s name , Spud. Ha! Fun name. But it was more a story about Hannah bumbling about in her life. With some humorous outcomes.

Hannah has landed herself the title of Manager to the band Storm, by default. Her dad is MIA. He
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

*DNF*

1 Kiss

Okay…let me start off with saying the first chapter of this book totally hooked me. I loved it…I was so intrigued by Jack…I had a love/hate thing with Hannah’s personality…but things were lookin good. Then…it lost me. I really really tried because I was (and still am) very interested in Jack Colt…there was just something about him…but it was not enough to keep forcing myself to read.

The strongest thing about this story has to be the characters…ev
 CCAM&GZM
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Bad Boy Rock Star - with such title (and such cover) how can you resist (having in view that I just asked you about your guilty pleasure in books – see Thankfully Naughty Hop)? Luckily for me (and for the series) I saw that volume two is in work. Why fortunately? Because Bad Boys Rock Star has some lines that for now remain wide open to explanation and consequences. But first things first.

Book beginning made me think of the movie The Main Event with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal in which a ri
Chrissy
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I first started this book, I wasn’t sure I was going to like it. Hannah was a spoiled rotten B and I wanted to punch her a few times during the first few chapters because of how stuck up she was. But… as the story progressed, you realized she truly didn’t know any better, and then you really started to feel sorry for her.

Hannah’s father is a big rich successful business man, and Hannah never had to worry about anything, until one day all of her money and her dad were gone. The only thing sh
Cafebiblioart
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmm, the book was an interesting read. I really enjoyed the story, but I cannot say that it was great. The whole idea was really good, but I felt like it could have been expressed better. The writing style was nice, which is a huge plus. It definitely made the book worth reading and not turn it into a waste of time.

The characters were unique. I really liked the heroine. I loved how she turned her miserable life into one worth living. She learnt a series of new things which I believe are not as e
Kel
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to reading this book because I really love reading stories about rock stars and their escapades. At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. Hannah really got on my nerves and Jack was a real ass! It wasn't until half way through the book that I finally saw he is actually a pretty nice guy. He had some things happen to him while growing up which makes it difficult for anyone to get close to him.

Hannah has gone from having everything handed to her on a silver p
Farrah
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it
A lovely rock star romance. Bad Boy Rock Star was a great New Adult read. I didn't totally love this book, but I did enjoy it.

Hannah started off as a total brat. But, over the course of the book, she grew up. She became much nicer and much more down-to-earth. And, she proved that she was a strong character as she dealt with the repercussions of her father leaving her without any money. By the end, I really liked her.

I'm going to be honest, Jack could be an ass at times. But, at others, he was ve
Danielle
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Danielle by: Free Ebook on Amazon.com
Shelves: candy-j-starr
Hannah Sorrento was used to getting what she wanted from her father. While attending college, she received a call from the family attorney to come home. Her world came down around her when she learned she had nothing left only with a few designer clothes and the Megastar Promotions business that held the contract for a rock band named Storm. Now she had to make this band profitable so she can turn her life around. Jack Colt the leader of the band has deep secrets and does not want anything to do ...more
Angel
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This was a free ebook from Amazon. When I first started reading this book, I thought there were a lot of mistakes but it didn't take me too long to realize that it must have been published in the UK. Our words sound the same but some are spelled differently. Hannah was a little too snotty for me, but you have to expect that from a spoiled rich girl. Though now she is seeing how the other half lives, since her father made bad choices and lost their money, she still has a lot to learn. And maybe b ...more
Brigitte
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jack is a star in the making and doesn't seem to be able to stick to one relationship. He is the ultimate bad boy Rock Star. At least that is the impression he gives but he is constantly fighting his demons. His life hasn't always been easy growing up and the psychological scars give him nightmares. Literally.

Hannah on the other end had everything and lived the life of a "princess" until everything came crashing down around her. She now lives in poverty and the only thing left to her name is an
Liz
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I quite enjoyed this book, I'm a sucker for any books about rock stars and this was no exception. I have the feeling that this was the story set up book for the series and for some reason it didn't blow me away but the series has strong potential.

Hannah, from a rich privileged background has come to earth with a bump as the riches vanished and she is left with one thing - a management contract with an up and coming band Storm. The band have been stagnating for some time and need some one to show
Helen Stothard
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This isn't a book about a rock star, he's just a side character love interest. This book is about Hannah, whose world falls apart overnight and goes from being a pampered, spoilt rich bitch to actually realising what the real world is like.

I loved her character, at times I wanted to slap her, but at times I wanted to just pull her close and hug her and tell her it was going to be okay.

The characters in this book are great, I love Angie's spunk and personality Eric's soft side, Spud's insensitivi
Lesley Book Lover
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: free-amazon, kindle
This book has such a lot of type and grammar errors, and can be a little confusing at times. It also doesn't mention anywhere that this book is the first in a trilogy, the end is so abrupt, I can't believe it just leaves it there. So now if I want to know the end, I have to pay for two other short books, when the whole series could have been made as one book. I am so mad, I feel as if it has just been a way to try and get people to spend money. As much as I want to know the end, I won't be payin ...more
Diana Ames
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent story. It took a few chapters, but I was hooked.

What happens when you go from prosperity to poverty in the blink of an eye? Hannah was left with nothing when her father got in trouble and disappeared. Nothing, that is, except for a management company with one client.

Jack Colt is the bad boy wannabe rock star with the even badder attitude. As the lead singer and front man for the band Storm, Jack appears completely self-absorbed and obnoxious.

Sparks fly when Hannah and Jack collide.
Sarah Vela
At first I wasn't sure about this book. But I ended up liking it. I was really nervous for Hannah about half the time I was reading since I didn't know what direction this whole thing was going to take her in. The cliffhanger at the end made me want more right now!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
kindle freebie 3/29/14
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Metal Urge
  • Rock Star's Angel
  • Wicked End (Wicked End, #1)
  • Jaded (Rock Star trilogy, #1)
  • Rocked By Him
  • Lead Me On (Heart Of Fame #5)
  • Forbidden Ballad - Rock My World
  • Ache (Punk, #1)
  • Heart Strung
  • Learn to Fly
  • Jessica's Dilemma (The Pleasure of Discretion, #1)
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • Lucky Girl (Dear Rockstar, #2)
  • All Access (Chasing Cross, #1; Brothers of Rock, #1)
  • Diary of a Penguin-napper
  • Righteous Obsession
  • The Australian (Jet-setters & Jeopardy, #2)
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
Candy J. Starr used to be a band manager until she realised that the band she managed was so lacking in charisma that they actually sucked the charisma out of any room they played. “Screw you,” she said, leaving them to wallow in obscurity – totally forgetting that they owed her big bucks for video equipment hire.

Candy has filmed and interviewed some big names in the rock business, and a lot of sm

Bad Boy Rock Star (3 books)
  • Bad Boy vs Millionaire (Bad Boy Rock Star, #2)
  • Bad Boy Redemption (Bad Boy Rock Star, #3)