Start by marking “The Deadly Dog Show” as Want to Read:
The Deadly Dog Show

The Deadly Dog Show

(Roger and Suzanne Mysteries #7)

The seventh book in the popular Roger and Suzanne mystery series finds Roger and Bruce hired to go undercover impersonating the owner and handler of a Champion German Shorthaired Pointer named Juliet to investigate certain irregularities that might be occurring at dog shows in California.
Kindle Edition
Published July 20th 2013 (first published July 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Deadly Dog Show, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deadly Dog Show

Betty
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
I noticed an excellent German Shorthair Pointer on the cover. We had the breed for 45 years. Of course, I had to read it. I found a well-written story with factual information on GSPs and dogs shows. The protagonist, Roger Bowman accepts an offer from AKC to go undercover to find out if cheating is occurring in the Western Region shows. He poses as novice person by sponsoring a dog in the special classes. This is a stand alone but he has written several previous books. I would class it as a hard ...more
Judy Moore
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun read for anyone who loves dogs and likes to watch dog shows. This mystery had an interesting cast of characters, from pompous AKC executives to a gay nanny/dog trainer to a husband and wife detective team who didn't take themselves too seriously. When Roger is hired by the AKC to find out why unworthy dogs were winning some events on the western circuit, the mystery soon escalates when two judges are found strangled with dog leashes. You'll learn some eye-opening information about how show ...more
Sharon Michael
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books in this series and found them entertaining, with good characterization and accurate feel for the settings.

This is much my favorite, however, because of my own dog show background. Have to say this is the first mystery with a setting/background in the show dog world that has no errors that I noted. The plot, involving dog show officials, might have been just a bit over the top in some ways but it did hold together.

Entertaining addition to the series and wonderfully accurat
G Hodges
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
In dire need of major editing. Offensive in spots. When talking about dogs, or show conformation, almost acceptable. It's as if there are two writers.
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the latest installment in the Roger and Suzanne Bowman Mysteries. This time they are somewhat closer to home though. Roger has been asked to investigate shady goings on at dog shows by the CEO of the AKC (American Kennel Club). They are lent a prizewinning dog, and Bruce gets to step out of his Nanny role and extend his skills as a dog handler. Suddenly, though, they find themselves knee deep in murder, drugs, stalkers and attempted drivebys. Have Roger and Suzanne got too close to the t ...more
Rhonda
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it

3 stars

My first book in the series. Great details of the dogs, dog show background for me that has no experience in that world. This is a Private Investigator mystery.
The story starts out slow as they give us the facts of the case and all the information so they can go undercover in the dog show circuit.

The main characters are a interesting bunch. Roger was a lawyer, then cop and now a P.I. He now lives in California.
Suzanne his wife is very smart, a Professor of Biochemistry. She is also
Diane Rapp
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A surprising investigation about corruption in dog shows.

Having spent time in the dog show world, I was fascinated to read this mystery. When Roger is hired by the AKC to investigate irregularities in the west coast dog show circuit, he jumped at the chance to own a champion German Shorthair Pointer and travel the dog show circuit. He had no idea the investigation would lead to murder and drug cartels. OH MY!

The author really knows about dog shows and the politics that often turn competitors int
Carmen Amato
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the storytelling vibe of the latest mystery featuring Los Angeles PI Roger Bowman and his cast of interesting characters--brainy wife Suzanne, gay former Seal and current nanny/chef/jack-of-all-trades Bruce, and junior detective/former spook Vincent. In this novel in the series Bowman is hired by the AKC board of directors to investigate funny business with regard to dog shows in the western US and Roger will tell us how the case goes every step of the way.

As a narrator, Roger l
Wisconsin Alumni
Jerold Last ’59, MS’61
Author

From the author:
In a suspenseful thriller set in the hyper-competitive world of canine conformation shows, Roger and Suzanne have to identify Suzanne’s mysterious stalker while they solve the mystery of who’s murdering the dog show judges.

The Deadly Dog Show, a mystery novel featuring GSPs in the show ring written by an owner-breeder, is available in both e-book and paperback formats. Our own Jolie, who had a successful career in conformation shows (Grand Champion),
Juli Pennock
rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2013
Mar 01, 2016
Cynthia
is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2019
The Mystery, Crim...: Mystery, Crime, Thriller, and Dogs 1 13 Jul 21, 2013 04:23PM

Roger and Suzanne Mysteries (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Empananda Affair
  • The Ambivalent Corpse (Crime and Pun Is Meant)
  • The Surreal Killer
  • The Body in the Parking Structure
  • The Matador Murders
  • The Body in the Bed
  • The Origin of Murder (Roger and Suzanne South American Mystery Series)
  • Unbearably Deadly (Roger and Suzanne South American Mystery Book 9)
  • Science Can Be Murder (Roger and Suzanne Mysteries, Book 10)
  • The Body in the Alpaca Pasture