Start by marking “After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)” as Want to Read:
After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)

After the Fall

(Broken Angel #2)

There’s a Spanish proverb that says, “From the thorn and the pain, a flower is born.” Naomi Duran never really understood what that meant until she became an archangel.

Finally reunited with the love of her life, Naomi thought she had everlasting love and happiness in Heaven. Even with the rebellious Lash by her side, she learns that life as an archangel isn’t easy.

When
Published September 15th 2013 (first published September 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about After the Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Fall

Start your review of After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)
Michelle
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I didn't fangirl out this time on L.G. Castillo but that doesn't mean I can't fangirl out right now. OMG!!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! Reading a series is like hanging with old friends. I really didn't realize how much I missed all those crazy angels until the first sentence. I wouldn't wait to find out how Naomi and Lash were doing and what happened to Welita and Chuy. I also wanted to make sure Bear was ok, that crazy dog was a great addition to all the cast of characters in the first ...more
Dede
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!I love this book more that the first one.I don`t know way,but it this much beautiful .

So,here Lash and Naomi are in Heaven.She archangel,him Seraphim.But that doesn`t matter because they love each other.She is trained for to be a complete archangel and Lash it is with her.

Everything is got complicated when Jeremy it is comes home.Lash, remember something from the past,that Jeremy loved Naomi,and he know those feelings are not gone.He stil hates him and more now.

Some day Lash tells Naomi the
Atalia • FMR Book Grind
*Received a copy in exchange for an honest review from Lovers of Paranormal*

"A love that began centuries ago, that not even Time itself could sever from your hearts." -Michael

This series is one of my favorite series so I jumped at the chance to review this sequel after loving the first book, Lash. After the fall follows the aftermath of Naomi's death and her becoming an archangel. In this book, there's more drama, more romance, and more shocking revelations. Though the beginning to me was a
Kirstie Ader
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read

I absolutely loved this book and could not stop reading. There were some parts where i wanted to throw the kindle and some parts where i got teary eyed... I felt like I was actually living the story with the characters. Well done, L.G. Castillo!
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book since I closed the last page of Lash (Broken Angel, #1) last May. I love to read stories about angels :) Out of all the creatures I love to read about, angels are the ones that still my heart. Reading about Angels opens a whole new world to me. They just have that power to pull me in and completely make me forget of the REAL world. L.G. Castillo delivered once again with this sequel. It was a blast to reunite with Naomi, Lash, Jeremy, Raphael, Rebecca, Uri, ...more
Vania Nunes
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vania by: L G Castillo
Since Lash and Naomi decided they would be together, and Lash revealed his true nature and his mission to Naomi, a lot has happened. There were losses and gains on both sides . And the hardest thing was Lash having to accept that the old Naomi he knew would never be the same person. Her body , her spirit , her abilities , would be transformed , and the girl he is in love belongs to another man .

How so ? ? ? That freaked everything! !

If you remember well about the previous history where those
Jolanda Gelissen
There is a synopsis on Castillo’s website:

Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author L. G. Castillo.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Broken Angel’ series, and kicks off a few weeks after the end of book 1 ‘Lash’.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 ‘Lash’.**
Naomi and Lash are finally together, but Lash has still to reveal his guilty secret concerning Jane Sutherland and Naomi’s father’s death.
Naomi also has much to learn about being an archangel, and it seems that the job may
Jasmin
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book(ARC) in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal).

After her death, Naomi has now to deal with her life as an archangel. But life as an angel with a lot of power is not like most people imagine it, since great power comes always with great responsibility. Will Naomi be able to handle her new status or simply throw everything away?

As I already stated above life as an angel really doesn't seem to be a piece of cake. Everytime doing assignments and then you are not
Satarupa
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side!

Firstly I would like to thank L.G Castillo, author of After the Fall, for giving me this wonderful opportunity of reading and reviewing this fantastic book.

I really fell in love with it and drooled over it like a dork while I read about my new crush. Guess who is that? Of course it's LASH, guys! Who else can it be? Well the author didn't leave any option other than loving Lash and I'm sure all the girls
Holly
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I seriously don't know what to say about this. After reading the first book, I immediately dove into the second one. Heck, I nearly finished both of them in a day. Luckily, I resisted and ended up having about a quarter left to read.

With Naomi being the seventh archangel, she finally gets a taste of what Lash has been doing for his whole life. Partnered with Jeremy and leaving on bad terms with Lash, Naomi discovers the difficulty of being an angel. The plot thickens and becomes as engaging as
Sandra
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author during a contest (ARC)
From the beginning this book had me hooked. I was so excited to read it that it took me 3 hours. So here's my review.
Naomi the Archangel in training under Gabrielle. It starts off with Naomi and lash living together and making plans for the future but then Naomi receives her first assignment with Jeremy much to lashes dismay.
lash admits to her that he saved Jane Sutherland as well as her grandfather In the plane. with this Naomi gets
James
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Another pretty good book in this series. Again, the writing was not great but I think the characterisation was a lot better this time around and the editing was still pretty good. I still like the story and the creativity behind it - especially once the author answered most of the lingering questions from the first book. It was well paced and didn't take me long to get into. This book in the series focuses a lot more on Lash's angelic family and Naomi's adjustment to living with them instead of ...more
Tabby
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading the first book, I had high expectations for this one. While it wasn't perfect, I still really enjoyed After the Fall. The main problem I had with the first book, was the lack of explanations or closure. I really enjoyed learning more backstory about the characters. I loved the interactions with Naomi and Jeremy too. The overall storyline was really good, and I loved that Naomi's family was brought back in. BUT, I did not like the ending. Again. That seems to be my problem with this ...more
Book Junky Girls
Naomi is in Heaven learning to be an Arch Angel and enjoying her life and love with Lash. As she is prepairing for her first assignment she learns the secret Lash has been keeping about her fathers death. Unable to face him she leaves without saying goodbye, but as her assignment evolves and she is forced to test her faith she must decide if she truely belives in destiny and all things happening for a reason.

Though told primarly from the POV of Naomi you also get to see things from Lash's
Kirsten
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Naomi is an archangel in training. Now her and Lash have forever to be together, and they make plans. But then Naomi is sent on her first assignment with Jeremy, and lots of things happen real fast. Naomi has to choose where she needs to be and who she's fighting for. Lash has to make those decisions too as he finds out some information that is disturbing to him. Jeremy has to teach Naomi how to be a guardian and keep her focus on her assignment, which isn't as easy as it may sound for either of ...more
elodie ☾
(2 stars.)

I couldn't even finish it. I stopped at like the 60th page.

The story in the first book wasn't that great, but in this one from what I've read was simply awful.
Cheap drama and stupid reactions/feelings made me so annoying that I just gave up.
It could've been good, I mean, so far all the books I've read with angels in it were interesting. But in this one, it was just ugh.
Angels are supposed to be powerful, warriors, charismatic. But in After The Fall, we have angels who cry all the
Jeni
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost let me begin by stating that I received a free copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review (LOP R2R). Thank you

I tend to only give 5 star reviews to books that kept my interest to a point that I chose to finish the book rather than sleep. Which is exactly what happen with this story, as soon as I read the first few pages I was hooked. The story had everything: passion, action, a horribly sad background, and sacrifice. I was so upset when the Lake seen
Emily
Sep 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is the second book in the broken Angel series, and it left me a little bit disappointed. It wasn't as strong as the first book, and felt rushed while I was reading it.
The plot was slow at some points, and it lacked the adventurous aspect of the first book. I would have liked to see more adventure aspects rather than just romance, but I digress.
It was disappointing to see the main character giving up her role as archangel. I was expecting stronger characteristics in this female lead. She
Cyndi
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was given this book by LOP for an honest review. I want to thank the author for the opportunity to review the book.

I liked this one a teeny bit better than Lash...but only a teeny bit.

From the start when I heard Rachel and Uri's flashback story I was like here's the ending. It's either going to be a sacrifice of Lash, Naomi, or Jeremy. When I get to the end, my suspicions were again confirmed. I mean I liked the beginning of the book a lot, but then it lost me when Naomi and Jeremy went to
annette colon
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
The past is slowly being revealed

Lash and Naomi are finally together living in the heavens. Things get tense when Jeremy returns. Jeremy and Lash were close friends, brothers even when Raphael revealed some of their past to them. They were brothers in a past life and they were torn apart by their love for Naomi. If things weren't tense before they are even more tense now as Raphael tells Lash that Jeremy is assigned as Naomis' mentor on her first assignment on earth.
Jealousy consumes Lash at
Alicia Huckleby
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lash and Naomi’s heart pounding rollercoaster of emotions continues in After The Fall. These two imperfect angels truly captured my heart in the first installment of this series. Yes they got their HEA but...what happens after that? What about the doubts that love to creep in and niggle in the back of your mind? What about the trials that come along and test the dtrength of love for any cpuld? And is it so very differant for two of God’s heavenly beings?
Castillo will continue to blow your mind
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Naomi Duran is the seventh archangel in training. She's been warned not to seek out her family no matter what she sees. By Naomi's side is Lahash "Lash" as the love of her life. Lash doesn't trust his brother Jeremy for how he looks at Naomi. Jane Sutherland is beginning to realize that something isn't right with Luke Prescott but she's unsure what it is yet. Everything is connected but what are the puzzle pieces. Will Naomi continue to be an archangel? What's Jeremy hiding? Will Jane Sutherland ...more
Eugenie
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

When secrets of the past are finally revealed, tempers flare, brother is pitted against brother, and Naomi and Lash face the greatest
Ria
After the Fall... After the mother flippin Fall! OMG, I was like giddy countdown delirious for this book!

I LOOOOOORRRRRVVVEED it!

BUT…

It was so SHORT! It was like one sec I was cracking open and then POOF! Donzo! Now what... Now what am I going to do?.. I’ll tell you... WAIT… Yep, nerd girl problem #342. Waiting months for a book to come out to read it in a day. Alas... Come on Broken Angel 3!

My Rating

4.0 Bridge, River, Archangels, Seraphs, Drilling oh my!, Sacrifice, Bear, Enchilada dinner,
Johi
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Naomi is an angel, she and Lash live in a little house that Lash built by himself in heaven, and Jeremy's one smoking hot angel. Lash is reunited with his family, and there's all sorts of drama in Heaven again, with angels hiding things from angels and loyalties being tested and evil lurking around.

What's not to like??

It was nice to see all the human characters and get to know better some of the angels that barely made an appearance in the first book. Even the bad guys – I find Luke and Sal
Jacinda
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it soooo much. I can't wait for the third book. I really, REALLY wish Jeremy and Naomi we're together but I now know that will never happen :(. I was so sad for what happened to Jeremy but I was sooo happy with the ending for him. Like I say for a lot of books is I HATE CLIFFHANGERS. Why, WHY do people do that it's sad and is killing me inside to find out the whole story of Rebecca, Raphael, and Lucifer. I wonder if Lucifer is coming back or if the antagonist is going to be Sal. It was ...more
Sasha
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG GIF photo: tumblr_mgd1s9n9Oe1rmeqryo1_250.gif

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS SERIES.. (I already read the last one, but forgot to review this one.. oops!!!)
I felt close to home with the whole Hispanic back ground that was embedded in these stories.

I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK, I CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH!!! Yes I am a sucker for the whole "Fallen Angel falls in love with random girl, who does not end up being random at all but rather his ONE TRUE LOVE.. SOUL MATE!!!

Amber-marie
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book to read for an honest review from the group LOP and the author LG Castillo>

This book is by far so much better then the 1st one. We already know the characters so we got to enjoy the actual story! This book made me laugh, made me cry and was overall just really really good! There isn't all that much that I would change at all, maybe speed it up a little bit. Overall this book was very well laid out, was very well written and was a very good read.

Michela Walters
A nice conclusion to Lash and Naomi's story first told during the first book in the series, Lash. For some reason I had a much harder time getting into this one than the last. I am hoping it was merely a sophomore slump, and that the next book draws me back into this tale. I really wanted to love this one, but the story felt a bit forced and not as fluid as Lash did. I missed the main characters from book one who seemed like minor players in this one.

All in all a good solid book with an ending
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {COMPLETED} After The Fall COMPLETED 37 140 Oct 07, 2013 02:33PM

• The Unearthly (The Unearthly, #1)
  • The Coveted (The Unearthly, #2)
  • The Cursed (The Unearthly, #3)
  • Requiem (Seraphim #3)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Haven Falls #4)
  • Broken Hill Hearts (Broken Hill High #4)
  • Broken Hill Hurt (Broken Hill High #3)
  • Broken Hill High (Broken Hill High #1)
  • Untameable (Haven Falls #3)
  • Broken Hill Halo (Broken Hill High #2)
  • Untouchable (Haven Falls #1)
  • Ruthless (Seraphim #2)
  • Undeniable (Haven Falls #5)
  • Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1)
  • Ruined (Seraphim #1)
  • Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
Join LG Castillo's mailing list for information on sales and new releases!

Known for her heartfelt cowboy romance and action-packed paranormal romance, USA Today Bestselling Author L.G. Castillo writes books that explore the tumultuous and psychological journey of self-discovery and falling in love. Her stories feature dramatic, life-changing events interspersed

Broken Angel (5 books)
  • Lash (Broken Angel, #1)
  • Before the Fall (Broken Angel, #3)
  • Jeremy (Broken Angel #4)
  • Golden Angel (Broken Angel #5)
“This was life's purpose, the secret to happiness: love and family.” 3 likes