Start by marking “His Immortal Embrace” as Want to Read:
His Immortal Embrace

His Immortal Embrace

1 The Yearning by Hannah Howell
Tormented by an ancient curse, the young men of Clan MacCordy reach manhood only to walk forever in darkness, thirsting for blood--and Alpin MacCordy is no different. He must wed for coin and land, despite his betrothed's terror--and his own fascination for another woman, Lady Sophie Hay.

2 Bitten by Lynsay Sands
After brooding Keeran MacKay s
Published September 1st 2004 by Zebra (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about His Immortal Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Immortal Embrace

Start your review of His Immortal Embrace
Carol Storm
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Four great authors, four sexy stories of vampires who rule the night and the strong-willed, courageous heroines who love them!

The first two stories, THE YEARNING by Hannah Howell and BITTEN by Lynsay Sands, were both basically Scottish historical stories where the brave warrior laird just happens to be a vampire. In both cases the heroine is a lassie with courage, optimism, and passion who brings the lonely vampire hope and kindness and gradually helps him come back to "life" within his eternal
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
The first story in this volume, "The Yearning", by Hannah Howell, takes the reader to Scotland, in the year 1435. Sophie Hay, the rather eccentric, witty protagonist, is in search of an old manuscript left by an ancestor, Morvyn Galt. It concerns a 400-year-old curse laid on the MacCordy family by Morvyn's sister, Rona, who had been betrayed in love by a MacCordy, and with a child on the way, to make matters worse.

Ever since she pronounced this curse, all of the firstborn MacCordy men have turn
Readdiction
The first two stories were quite enjoyable but the last two were not as great.
Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands had great vampires and sweet heroines in their romance. It was light reading material but IMO it was not as great as their other anthology - Eternal Highlander.
The third story was a bit difficult to follow as the events were quite unclear - seemingly to occur all at once ? It was quite confusing which is a pity because the root of the story and its ending was quite lovely.
The last complet
An Odd1
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-rate
Cute and funny is my favorite, Howell's "The Yearning". Sir Alpin, already engaged and drinking half-blood, trips over Sophies protective stones. Romance between servants Eric and Nella. Their dialect is distracting and silly "M'laird, didye ken .." "havenae they? .. aye, the beastie comes out .. 'Tis time".
Sandra Dagg
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just finished this one, have been reading the stories over the last few days, and have to say the I thoroughly enjoyed this anthology, every single story! Would give it 4.5 stars if I could, holding the last half star only because the last two stories were not quite as good as the first two. Like some of the other reviewers I have favorites, the first two were definitely well written. The last two were also very good...the Sara Blayne story took a bit more concentration as it is written with a h ...more
Nicole
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bitten by Lynsay Sands and The Awakening by Kate Huntington were the only two enjoyable parts of this book. I picked it up because I'm a fan of Sands but it was all I could do not to jump ahead to her story and leave the rest.

The stories by Howell and Blayne were bland at best with no plots and terrible writing.
Nora Griswold
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So very different

Enjoyed these authors and each if their styles. The last author in this book to write, Kate Huntington really had my interest so much I could not put it down. Would like more from her.
CaroMommie
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun entertaining story, I enjoyed it.
Patty
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Would score The Yearning 4 Stars and the other two as 2 Stars each.
Madison ✨
The Yearning
This book begins with a witch cursing the young men of Clan MacCordy because her lover chose to marry another for lands and wealth rather than marry her for love. This curse ends up not only affecting the MacCordy's but also the witches female ancestors by having them cursed to experience love but never get to keep it. The MacCordy's end up creatures of the night, very close to vampires in that they cannot handle sunlight and crave blood but they are described at times with an appear
Cherie
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I don't read vampire romance regularly but Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands caught my attention with an anthology. I have read all the MacNaughton stories and love them.

Hannah Howell's The Yearning: Alpin MacCordy is not related to the MacNaughton's but his was an especially enjoyable story and my favorite of the bunch. He is immortal due to a curse and curses can be broken. Lady Sophie rescues him with love. 4 stars

Lynsay Sand's Bitten: The heroine, Emily, is saved by the hero, Keeran, from a sh
Linda
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Anthology with four stories, all surrounding the vampire legends.
The first two was great, even tear jerking, but the second two was just OK.
Hanna Howell´s The Yearning, an old curse is haunting two families. Lady Sophie Hay tries to save both her self and Alpin. Great story.
Lynsay Sands´ Bitten, Emily gets saved from a shipwreck by a tormented man in need of hope and saving. Great story.
Sara Blayne´s Stranger in the night, Georgiana meets a stranger in her old family home. Not really keeping my
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Most of these anthologies with Hannah Howell's Vampires are really good. This one was just kind of boring and it took almost a day to read the 100 page story.

Partial review & I will add more later!

Hannah Howell - The Yearning

This was a story of a curse made 400 years prior and Sophie a decendant of the curser who wanted to make it right. She set off to the family of the cursed & decided to try everything to break it. It was hinting at a vampire, but it was different. Not a true vampire??? It w
K
Jun 28, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
His Immoral Embrace includes 4 short stories of paranormal romance by 4 very different authors. As I have liked other books/stories written by Howell and Sands (who were two of the authors), I thought to give this one a try. And I was dissapointed. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the stories by Sands and Howell, I did not like the other two authors style and/or stories. Due to the above, I can only give this book 2 stars. If asked, I would not recommend this book to others, and would advise reader ...more
Jill
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Two stars for the Howell and Sands stories; otherwise, it would be zero stars. I couldn't even finish the other two...life is too short. ...more
Paraphrodite
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
The short stories from Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands were pretty good.

The other two were pretty ordinary, especially the last one from Kate Huntington...the H/H made love straight after they buried the heroine's aunt who was the hero's lover for the past 30+ years? Talk about a fast rebound!!
Nibrock
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Not my favourite set of stories. Some interesting concepts of vampires, but nothing that stood out. Two of the stories ended in the "Vampire" being returned to human, and in the other two the heroine turned vampire. I think the stories were dragged out, if some of them had ended twenty pages sooner, they would have worked better. ...more
CupcakeBlonde
I only read the Lynsay Sands short story in this book and it was just okay. A little boring. I did like the historical aspect of it since the books I read of her are all set in modern times. This is a good start to my reading her Highlander series.
penelopewanders
Mar 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Received as ring... entertaining, sans plus.
Lorann
May 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-read
So I was three stories in when I convinced my self that I had read this before... Still a good read for the genre.
☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾
I liked the first two stories (Howell's and Sands') but the last two I couldn't quite get into, so I ended up putting it down. ...more
Sara
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynsay and Hannah work there magic I am always stuck and cant put their books down this book was NO different.
Bridget
Jul 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Stories were enjoyable, although it is difficult to get much of a story in such a short time. All were worth reading.
Betty
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: passed
Uneven anthology...
More tortured Vampire sex ... :P
Donna
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so 4 short stories, of the ilk I would not normally read, but i did enjoy them on the basis it was something different, and i would probably read something else in the same strain again,.
Grace
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent collection. Not really my taste – mostly traditional romance with a vampire twist. Sands story Bitten is the best of the bunch.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
very good. I wasn't as thrilled with the last story in this book. ...more
Jessica Carey
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first two stories. The third one was good but not one of my favorites. I was kinda put off by the last story.
Christine P.
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nope.
Jackie Witmer
Mar 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
I absolutely love Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands but dislike books on vampires, so I did not care for this book.

• Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Falling for the Highlander (Highland Brides, #4)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (Highland Brides, #5)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • The Highlander's Promise (Highland Brides #6)
  • The Highlander Takes a Bride (Highland Brides, #3)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
  • Bitten by Cupid (Includes: Argeneau #12.5; Offspring #2.5; Feral Warriors #3.5)
  • The Immortal Who Loved Me (Argeneau #21)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)
  • Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau, #20)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin