Start by marking “Just a Little Kilted” as Want to Read:
Just a Little Kilted

Just a Little Kilted

(Just a Little #1)

The first novel in the “Just a Little” series marks the debut of three saucy and sweet, quick-witted steamy romances for you.

Charming, funny, romantic, and shocking…these two stories will wrap up you in all their kilt-filled glory.

Best enjoyed with a dram or two of whiskey and a box of Kleenex, you’ll be laughing and crying all the way to the very end. Don’t say you were
Published July 15th 2013 by In Vino Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Just a Little Kilted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Little Kilted

Start your review of Just a Little Kilted
Michelle
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
These were two quick reads that featured two hunky-kilt-wearing characters. I get a little excited over a man in a kilt and might have gone a little crazy Google-ing images... yummy.

Just A Little Kilted by Alexandra Anderson:

This was a fast paced fall in love before you have a chance to blink type of read. A short story that was a fun read that was about a 3 star installment for me. The first in the Just A Little series that features Jenna and Angus.

Jenna is a girl that guards her heart, never
Jenny
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first story is by an author I have never read so it was nice to be introduced to her writing.

I enjoyed the very short story of falling in love in one day. It was cute & sassy.

Shayne`s story seemed like her usual forte - a deeply scarred women by her past and a wonderful man that comes along to make her see love will help her get her HEA.

As always, be prepared with tissues because at about 80% I was ugly sobbing!!!

Can't wait for more in the "Quiet" series.

Jane Stewart
Sep 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Two short stories - sweet romance.

3 ½ stars for JUST A LITTLE KILTED AFFAIR by Alexandra Andersen.
This was kind of cute. The setting is a Scottish festival in Connecticut. Jane has been burned in the past and doesn’t think much of men. Along comes hunky sexy Scottish speaking Angus. He sees her, wants her, woos her. They have hot sex. She’s the only one for him, and she melts.

Weak 3 stars for QUIET & KILTED by Shayne McClendon.
It was kind of nice the way hunky guy pursues shy quiet librarian Zoe
Lariza
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
Two great short stories I very much enjoyed. In Just a Little Kilted, Jenna is not one for relationships she has been burned in the past. Her life is her career, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have her fun. Doing the special effects make-up at the Scottish-American Highland Festival, she meets Angus a Scottish hottie!! Of course sparks fly, but is Jenna finally ready to give heart away or never know true love? I enjoyed Jenna and Angus's flirty interaction and how quick they acted on what the ...more
Black Butterfly
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: erotica, romance
THIS IS REALLY TWO SEPERATE SHORT STORIES "QUIET & KILTED". I WISH THEY HAD BEEN LONGER BUT LONGER DOES NOT MEAN BETTER ALL THE TIME. BK#1 WAS VERY SEXY AND HAD A GOOD STORYLINE, LOVED IT. I LOVE TO HEAR SCOTTISH & IRISH MEN TALK, THE LEAD MALE "ANGUS", SO WHEN HE SPOKE, WOW I COULD HEAR HIM. I HAVE A COUPLE OF MALE FRIENDS WHO I JUST LOVE TO HEAR TALK(everything they say sounds sexy to me)SIGH!! BK#2 CENTERS ON NATHANIEL & ZOE, THE STORY WAS VERY DIFFERENT CHOCKED FULL OF STEAMY SEX, LOVE, HEAR ...more
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was surprised to find two stories in one,totally unexpected.I loved Nat and Zoe's story most.I could so relate to how hard it must be being deaf,and living in the fear of your voice.How hard it must be for Zoe not to hear people laugh or a cat meowing,plus all that she went through anyway the story was so endearing,Nate and Mandy totally embraced her,took her in,made her very comfortable with herself.Good stuff ,everyone should read this book.
Jaime
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this on my Kindle app and didn't realize it was actually two different stories by two authors all in one purchase. Both were very enjoyable. Both had somewhat unbelievably "perfect" heroes but were entertaining none the less.
Nicoletta Campanelli
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I loved Angus and Jenna and Nate and Zoe. They had me laughing and crying and I'm definately ready to read more of this series.
Kristin Conner
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first story was so-so, but the second story was very good. A bit graphic as an FYI, but it's a romance novel!
MrsSwt
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved both the stories in this book. Both were different but had a great story line to it. Can't wait to read the next Just a Little series book.
Yvonne Roller
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Shayne's characters! She just has a way of bringing them to life that is amazing!
Tamara
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not often do I instantly buy another story from an author I discover in a short story anthology but these authors more than delivered!
Jane Stewart
Two short stories - sweet romance.

3 ½ stars for JUST A LITTLE KILTED AFFAIR by Alexandra Andersen.

Weak 3 stars for QUIET & KILTED by Shayne McClendon.
It was kind of nice the way hunky guy pursues shy quiet librarian Zoe
SandyL
I really enjoyed these stories. In the first book, Jenna Alloway doesn't do love - men aren't reliable enough for long term. But Angus Cameron wants to change her mind - he knows it from the second he meets her. This was a fun story where Jenna is hired to do the make-up for the warriors at a Scottish-English battle re-enactment. Although it's short, the characters were a hoot and I want an Angus for myself!!! The only drawback to him - he wears drawers under his kilt! :-(

The second story was a
Iza Brekilien
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
In fact, there are two short stories in one book ("Just a little kilted" by Alexandra Andersen and "Quiet & kilted" by Shayne McClendon) and it was a kindle freebie.
Those were nice romance, sweet romances (sugar-sweet romances, especially the second ?). If you like it, go for it.
The first story was rather fun, I like Jenna, she had spunk. There was not much steam, but sexual chemistry there was.
The second story was veeeery sweet, but I began reading it anyway because the heroin was a librarian
Anima
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-romance
The first in a series of books this one has two stories. The first has a kilted Scot heading up a well known Scottish festival. He falls for the makeup artist and it's instalove. Really enjoy reading the accents. The second has a deaf librarian and a kilted contractor. He's used to signing as his mother and sister are deaf, his daughter is the most intellectually mature ten year old ever. Zoe is a strong woman despite the terrible accident that caused her deafness and having family that avoided ...more
Paperback_kinda_girl
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
WOW...so much better than I ever expected!!

The first short story "Just a Little Kilted" we meet Jenna and Angus. Very romantic, fall in love with you at first silent kind of love story. I enjoyed it.

But the second story "Quiet & Kilted" is what took the cake for me!! Zoe and Nate!!! So awesome!! Nate is one sexy single dad and Zoe is the cutest sweetest woman ever!!

I am very disappointed that the second book of "Quiet & Kilted" doesn't have more of Zoe and Nate but I'm excited bc it will have No
Lisa
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ok not what I thought it would be. It is a sweet little story but.. it did not need the warning it is NOT graphic at all. I looked at the other books to see if there is an ending for the first story but I am not seeing it, very confused on how she put these books together. I will not continue to read the series. Yes it was a sweet story and what she finished on it was good but not sure where the ending for the first book is.
Sarah Lazowski
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
DAMN!!! I did not want Just A Little Kilted by Alexandra Andersen or Quiet & Kilted by Shayne McClendon to end!!! This was a very well written book that literally had me begging for more! As soon as I finish writing this review I have to go and find more books by these two wonderful authors! I HIGHLY recommend this book!! ...more
Lisa
Aug 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Two short stories. The first was short and sweet and an easy quick read. The second was the start of a trilogy - it was a good read and a good start to more. Will look forward to reading more.
Karen
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book Shayne is an amazing writer and I'm glad she did this set with Alexander as it introduced me to another great author
Robin
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
just read Zoe's story. there is no reason to read the rest of the story, it lacks something for me to want to continue with the story.
Susana
Jul 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
It does not happen very often, but I just couldn't finish this book. Poorly written, uninteresting characters. I did not like it at all
Danielle-Claude Mba
I only read the first story :)
It was cute, a little quick on the HEA but if there is a sequel to it I'll raise my 3 to a 4!

Lone
Aug 22, 2013
Erin
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• His to Shelter (The Guard, #1)
  • Silver Mayor (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Riled (The Invincibles Book 4)
  • The Right to Remain Silent (Crescent City Kings #3)
  • Code Name: Red Rock (Red Rock, #0.5)
  • Chiseled and Cherished (Moon Ranch, #3)
  • The Sandstone Affair (The Sandstone Affair, #1-5)
  • Day One: A Romantic Comedy
  • Down & Dirty
  • Mossad X
  • Angels with Attitudes (Angels with Attitude, #1-3)
  • Done With Men
  • Lawless Love (Lawmen and Outlaws)
  • Broken Shield (Tony Wolf/Tim Buckthorn #2)
  • 48 Hours To Die: An Anthony Stone Novel
  • 1964 (Made in Yorkshire #1)
  • Our Father (Johann's War #1)
  • 1914 (The War Years #1)
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives

Just a Little (3 books)