Start by marking “The Martini Diet: The Self-Indulgent Way to a Thinner, More Fabulous You!” as Want to Read:
The Martini Diet: The Self-Indulgent Way to a Thinner, More Fabulous You!

The Martini Diet: The Self-Indulgent Way to a Thinner, More Fabulous You!

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Good food and drink is good for you, so why deprive yourself? The most self-indulgent people (those who never miss their morning lattes and evening martinis, dine at the best restaurants, and indulge in weekly massages and facials) are as thin as they are spoiled. This book will reveal the reasons why some of the most indulgent people are also the happiest and the healthie ...more
Published March 6th 2006 by Fair Winds Press

To ask other readers questions about The Martini Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Martini Diet

Miss Mouse
Sep 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun read. It's not a scientifically based list of foods you can and cannot eat. I really didn't learn anything new, because it's really just your calories in must be less than your calories expended, done through portion control and exercise. It was put in a different way than I'd ever heard it, and it's really true:

Eat only the very best (forget all those fake fat-free foods. Eat more real, unprocessed foods)

Eat less of the very best (portion control)

Eat the very best only at
Skara_brae
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Skara_brae by: the internet
The message (eat high quality food, in moderation, and don't snack; oh and exercise regularly) was pretty good. The delivery was totally awful -- too many ostentatiously inserted "my dear"s and "darling"s. After her big spiel about eating fresh and real food, the hypocrisy of including recipes that use instant dessert mixes was almost enough for me to put the book down before finishing it.

I struggled to get value from this book, but ultimately found it in the easily visualized portion sizes (no
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
An interesting new take on dieting and eating habits. Indulge in the good things, but keep your hands away when it is meal time. I read this book intrigued by a new concept on how we can change our lifestyles for the better without cutting out all the good stuff.

I think my biggest take away was when she said it sort of repetitively - eat the best of the best. Sometimes I choose cost of quality and maybe even end up choosing more calories and less healthy options because of it. So I would like to
Corie
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a cute book to read. I'm not sure that I took very much of it serious but it did make you think twice about some of the eating habits we have!
Judy Desetti
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction-adult
About respecting yourself and learning to take care of yourself. Eating carefully and in small amounts. Exercising daily and doing indilgent things.
Julie
Oct 08, 2009
Danielle
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2015