Start by marking “New Beginnings (Others of Edenton, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
New Beginnings (Others of Edenton, #0.5)

New Beginnings

(Others of Edenton 0.5)

18+ Adult Content

Jess knew her life would never move forward if she remained a part of Gregory’s pack. Some Alpha’s just don’t know how to take care of their wolves. She had managed Gregory’s bar for years but she knew he would never sell it to her.

After one giant mistake, he went from bad to worse. As a psychic, she knew it was a downward spiral.

Taking her future in her
Paperback, first, 182 pages
Published January 17th 2013 by Brandy L Rivers

To ask other readers questions about New Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Beginnings

Melanie
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013, ry-2013
4.5*s
Review posted here...

New Beginnings is another excellent read in the ‘Others of Edenton’ series, this time it’s a prequel and we get to know some of the characters we were introduced to in ‘In too Deep’ a little bit better – namely our wolf pack Alpha Slater & Fallons BFF and psychic friend Jess. We already know from ‘In too Deep’ that Slater & Jess are mated & devoted to each other and this is their story….
Jess is a character more than ca
Magen McMinimy
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very well deserved five stars for this full length prequel to In Too Deep.

I won’t lie to you this book just reinforced my love of Brody. Yes I know this book is about Jess and Slater who were of course great characters so I will stop my Brody lovin’ and talk a little about our main characters.

I will admit that at times I wanted to slap Jess’ she was a bit bitchier then I had expected but I at the same she had me laughing and loving her feisty attitude.
Slater was the Alpha I expected and this
Leah
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more info regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite: www.Facebook.com/NerdGirl.ng ***

First things first, I have one question is it November yet? I cannot get enough of Brandy Rivers!! I am ready for book 3 like now!!

This prequel was amazing! It's everything I loved about In 2 Deep, it's sexy, steamy, action packed and did I mention SEXY!!!

Jess has gotten herself into quite a mess with her former alpha so she decides to m
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Line “We’ll get used to running together. I can adjust my speed to make it easier for you to keep up.”
“Oh, I’ll just get used to running faster. Don’t slow down on my behalf.”
“How about I slow down until you catch up?”

Man, the others of Edenton are on fire!
After devouring In Too Deep, I was so excited to be able to hear Jess and Slaters story!! Jess is a spitfire of a wolf who gets visions of the future and Slater is a OMG sexy I wanna rub oil all over Alpha of the Edenton pack!
After
Echo
I was lucky enough to not only be a BETA reader but to also receive an ARC for New Beginnings. Brandy L. Rivers can write. She has the ability to suck me into her books from the very first line. Filled with humor, love, relationships, paranormal shenanigans and don’t forget the levels of steam that are off the charts. I LOVED New Beginnings.

Jess was compulsively likeable in the first book, In Too Deep, and I was very curious about how she got to Edenton and found her way to Slater, so when I fou
Lydia H
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am addicted to this series! Totally, completely and irrevocably HOOKED. I’m also in love with the characters and the general story they all create. Brandy L Rivers is an author you simply cannot miss!

While this is book #.5 in the series, I started with In Too Deep which is book #1 and then jumped to book #5, Mending Scars. This back-and-forth thing did NOT affect my connection to the books….at all. However, I’ve now gone back to the beginning and am now reading/listening to them in order, and
A. Gorman
I started reading New Beginnings Monday night thinking oh I'll read a few chapters and finish it Tuesday. Yeah, I finished it Tuesday alright... 3:30 Tuesday morning! I could NOT put the book down.

This book explains how Jess ended up in Edenton. In the first book, In Too Deep, we know that Jess and Slater are a mated couple and are happy, but this is their story. I fell in love more with Jess in this book. Jess, who is a werewolf and clairvoyant, doesn't let anyone push her around. Although it
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
If you read my review to In Too Deep, you know that I loved loved loved that book! If you haven't yet read it you can see my review here: http://bbeautyandbooks.blogspot.com/2.... Like my last review I should state that I got this ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Now let me say, I loved this book actually a bit more! I fell in love with the world that Brandy wrote about in the first book, and like I do with most sophomore attempts, I get a bit nervous for authors. Because let's be honest, if
Bonnie Rediske-
Jess is a strong alpha female who has made a vow not to sleep with her current alpha. After a night of having her best friend Fallon shoving moonshine down her throat, she wakes to find herself with just the man she despises. She should have known better after the vision. You see, Jess is a psychic. She gets her visions through touch, once she opens the gateway, there is no closing it.
She makes the decision after realizing that this scumbag is not going to stop pursuing her that it is time that
Theresa
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great start to the Others of Edenton! I really enjoyed reading the start of this series. After reading In Too Deep (Others of Edenton #1) a couple months ago, it was interesting to see how the relationship between Slater and Jess developed. Even though you knew they were going to survive and make it - you were always looking for when the trouble would come! And now a little about the story...

Jess is a very strong woman, wolf and also happens to be a psychic. She has trouble with relationships be
Kay Richards
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** Reviewed by Seductive Romance Reviews **
Overall I would rate this book : 5 STARS!!

After an age of enduring her overzealous alpha, Gregory, and a big drunken mistake, Jess decides she's fed up of being under his command and running his bar without his help and Gregory refuses to sell it to her!
Jess phones the Alpha of the Edenton pack, Slater. It just so happens he has a bar that no-one has the time or desire to renovate and run. To Jess this sounds like the perfect way forward. There's onl
L.M.
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't mind a sexy alpha who only wanted an equal not someone to submit. Slater is everything Jess thought never could exist in an Alpha. After her drunken mistake with slipping up and having done things she tried to avoid, her physic abilities have shown her what her future would be like. She had to get out of town to pursue her dreams without restrictions.
Slater, the alpha of Edenton, has a troubled past. The loss of his mate and son hasn't been easy on him, even though it happened over a
Kirsten
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review. I've got to say, I thought that since I knew the ending to this story that it just wouldn't be as good. I was wrong. Happily wrong. I also thought it was great that Jess was an independent woman, and didn't like being ordered around. I love strong-willed women, they are tough. Finding out what Slater had been through before he met Jess is heart-breaking, but also reveals why he fought to stay away. I loved reading this story since it ...more
Anaala
Oct 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was a very poorly written book. Our main character is a Mary Sue with a bad attitude. She's irrational and argues that Slater is trying to control her when he's just pointing out the obvious way to keep her alive. it almost as if she has the mind of a petulant child when they aren't having sex.

Characters are introduced with little or no background provided. Utter strangers spill their dearest secrets to her within moments of meeting her. Ultimately this book failed on its pacing and the fac
So, I Read This Book Today
Love a strong woman character

Jess rules. Strong without being mean about it, she cares deeply for her friends and family. Turned 14 years ago in order to save her life, she worked hard to make anew life for herself and her sister. But when Herbert Alpha becomes too much, she strikes out for new territory and a
new life. Great pacing, the Alpha hero was NOT a jerk (will wonders never cease - I actually both liked and admired him) and the secondary characters were well rounded.

Several editorial iss
Liezel Felix
I’ve had this book in my queue for weeks but never got the chance to read it up until this weekend. If you are a blogger you know how busy things could get – tours, formatting and reformatting posts, deadlines, over bookings etc. I just couldn’t find the right time. But let me tell you after reading New Beginnings, despite all my time constraints I just had to put everything on hold and reread In Too Deep again.

I enjoyed this story just as much as I enjoyed the first (read my review HERE ). Wha
Chris
5 out of 5 Stars

Description ~

Taking her future in her own hands, she contacts the Alpha in Edenton. He is happy to sell the empty bar no one has the time, nor desire to
Heather andrews
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Slater even before meeting Jess he could feel something there for her with just hearing her voice on the phone, "one, he never disrespected women, but Gregory was notorious for treating women like second class citizens. Two, the thought of this unknown woman with Gregory did not sit well with him at all." You know Jess has him all in a frenzy, "not like that." He scratched his beard while trying to figure out how to dig his way out of that hole. "I like to get to know my wolves. I don't ...more
Amanda N Richardson
New Beginning’s leading role’s Jess and Slater will make you laugh and fall in love with their love. Both are stubborn and fight their feelings, but realized quickly that they couldn’t run from fate.

Jess is a woman with a snarky attitude, but really has a heart of gold. All she wants to do is run a bar and live a calm life.

Slater is all male, an Alpha one at that, and of course like any normal man, sticks his foot in his mouth, on more than one occasion. He finds a way to dig himself out of the
Laura Watters
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say!!!! Wow, amazing, you got to read this book!!! It's bloody fantastic!!
We start off with Jess, wolf shifter HATES her Alpha, bad ass attitude, no messing straight to the point no guy is going to walk over me!! Loved her, she's so don't move out the way, I'm just going to knock your ass down kind of girl, plus she's physic which gives her the upper hand.
Now I'm not going to give away to many details you need to read for your self to find out, did I mention YOU GOT TO READ THIS!!!!
Aimie
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* An ARC was provided by the author for an honest review. *

I was a little apprehensive going into this book since it was a prequel because after reading In Too Deep I already know who Jess was with etc. I was worried this would be a little pointless. But boy, was I wrong? If you loved Fallon in In Too Deep you need to read this because Jess will take over the number one woman spot. She is brilliant, she doesn't let anyone give her shit. Slater, wow. I really didn't think anyone could sweep my of
Wanda
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by the author for a honest review.
I absolutely loved this book. The characters are very real and the story flows perfectly. I was worried I wouldn't like it as much as In Too Deep because I loved Fallon and Brody. I some how got the misconception that Jess was a "soft" women and this book blew that out of the water. One of my favorite Jess quotes is "Stop looking at me like I'm fragile. I'm little, I'm not breakable." The way Jess and Slater fight fate in this book is epic.
Tracy
I was so excited when i brought this book off Amazon, after reading 'In Too Deep' I knew it was going to be amazing! And how right was I?!? *feeling smug* :-) i was totally drawn into Edenton and everybody that lived there, except Dacia (AGAIN) ha i just dont like that woman.

Jess is hilarious, so sure of herself in a good way, she knows what she wants and she gets it :-) I really liked Jess and was glad she didnt go all submissive to Slater!!
Slater, the alpha male (wit woooooo), oh where to begi
Lisa
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
New Beginnings is the prequel to In Too Deep. Jess is the feisty best friend to Fallon, which we met in the first book. Jess is a wolf/woman who has admittedly made a few mistakes in her love/sex life and needs to escape her last bad decision of sleeping with her Alpha in a hurry.Jess meets her new Alpha Slater and it is obvious they have a spark between them right away, even if they didn't want one.
Slater and Jess are a cute couple who fight their feelings and each other in ways that just bring
Valerie Mcqueen
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
New Beginnings by Brandy L. Rivers
Others of Edenton

Rating 5*****

This book was provided from the author in exchange for honest literary Tebow.

This is one of my highly anticipated books of 2013., I am in absolute love with this series! After Fallon and Brody, we now move on to Jess and Slater.
From the vert beginning you are drawn into this novel. Once I opened the cover I just didn't stop. I finished the whole thing in one sitting.
The plot flies by with just the right mix of suspense. It flows
Yodler71cox.net
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ladies…Slater is MINE!

The magnitude of hotness that the Edenton Series is off the charts hot. There's Brody from In Too Deep (sigh), but for all that is hot we have Slater in New Beginnings (fans self).

This is a must read, but ladies…fair warning Slater is spoken for….by me.

This series has completely sucked me in and literally though I’m not normally a paranormal reader I cannot wait until the next book in this series is released. Brandy Rivers has done a MAGNIFICENT job of creating a world tha
D Thomas
New Beginnings
Others of Edenton (book .5 prequel)
by Brandy L Rivers

I wouldn't have even found this series/author if I hadn't come across a contest for it.

Werewolves, a vampire, Fae and other paranormal beings make up this fantastic world created by Brandy L Rivers.

Hot alpha werewolves, some feisty she wolves, a sexy vamp and strong, kinda scary Fae. Add in an old wolf that is losing it and a lot of lovin. What sane woman wouldn't want to live in Edenton?

This book hooked me right away. I have al
Tamra LeValley
Mar 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sporadic book!

This book started off hot and left me cool. The plot was just horrible but the writing was ok. The characters left me cold. The protagonist was just unlikable to say the least. She was always in a fowl mood even during sex. The only way to please her was orgasmic and once she was out of bed she was on a rampage.

Her lover was the Alpha of the pack but he was the submissive one in this relationship. Always submitting to her wants and needs. How did he run the pack? The entire theme
Myra Espino
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**First, I would like to thank Ms. Brandy for the opportunity to receive and read an ARC of this book**

Ms. Brandy did it again! I so really loved this book.. I love the story, characters, heck...I loved all of it!!

I really loved how Ms. Brandy brought the characters to life and also the characters different personalities that made the story appealing and interesting to read. The story is so not boring and it really captured the reader's (me) interest.

I loved Jess and Slater's love story. I wan
Katie
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal)

Initially Read: January 2014

I enjoyed reading this book. The fact that Jess was not only a wolf shifter but had psychic abilities as well, made it interesting to read in my opinion. Plus, it made this book a bit different to other shifter books. I liked that throughout, the narrating was done by several people - it kept flicking between narrators so you got to see the events unfolding from different perspectives.

Re-Read:
Q&A with Sarah Da...: New Beginnings Q&A 1 10 Aug 18, 2013 11:21PM

• Lacy:  Seeing Double (Denver Pack, #7)
  • When Lightning Strikes (Credence Curse, #2)
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • What a Wolf Wants (Black Hills Wolves, #2)
  • Finding Our Way
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Big Bad Alpha (The Ashland Pack, #2)
  • Eternal Service (The Colony, #1)
  • Dianthe Rising (Dia McLearey, #1)
  • Chasing Sam (Vegas Mates, #1)
  • Rane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #2)
  • Fire in the Smokies (Durham Wolves, #2)
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • Graveyard Rose (The Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • Tigress for Two (Alaskan Tigers, #3)
  • Alpha's Truth (Fallen Alpha, #2)
  • Claimed by the Wolf Kings (Sexy BBW Pagan Holidays, #1)

I've always loved books, especially about monsters and magic, so I started writing. I'm working on a prequel and the next few books in the Others of Edenton series, and I have a head full of stories to share.

I'm a stay at home mother with a wonderful husband who lets me write and write to my hearts content.

Others of Edenton (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • In Too Deep (Others of Edenton, #1)
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • Shadows of the Past (Others of Edenton, #2)
  • Fated Love (Others of Edenton, #2.5)
  • Falling into Place (Others of Edenton, #3)
  • Breaking Free (Others of Edenton, #4)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Labor of Love (Others of Edenton #5.5)
  • Light In Darkness (Others of Edenton, #6)
  • Blissful Agony (Others of Edenton, #7)
“Maybe he should have introduced them earlier. “You really want her moving around the pack without you?” Brody whispered. “Better if she does. Everyone watched the three of us arrive, and it had to look weird with us flanking her. Now I have to back off and act like I’m not worried about Liam and his bullshit games.” Brody looked at him sideways and snorted. “Good luck with that.” He couldn’t argue, but maybe he could talk to Liam, see what he was thinking.” 0 likes
“murmured.” 0 likes