Start by marking “Too Fast (Too Fast #1)” as Want to Read:
Too Fast (Too Fast #1)

Too Fast

(Too Fast #1)

Twenty-year-old Savannah enjoys a one-time one-night stand because a real relationship would never fit into her busy schedule. Working two jobs and pursuing her degree takes all of her time. Besides, the guys she has dated haven't been much better than the random barfly.

It's a good thing Luke's body is honed by the long hours of carpentry and construction because he carrie
Published July 18th 2013 by Alexia Haynes (first published July 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Too Fast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Fast

Pam
4 stars
I know it’s fast. Too fast, but so good.

Savannah has a master plan and nowhere was there ever room for more than just one night. Savannah goal is to succeed so that she can stand on her own and not have to rely on a man like her mother, who keeps on upgrading her latest sugar daddy to a wealthier model. It was supposed to only be one night to let loose and have fun, and one look at Luke and she knew this man could give her exactly what she needed.
Something about Luke and his ridic
Talltree
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-ya-na
Vallsykes
♥♥♥3.5 stars
Darnit! I liked this one.

Here's the skinny:
a one night stand turns into a one weekend stand which turns into a one month stand and.....

wait for it...

then it turns into a forever-stand.

Here's my response:
Though it sounds like there is some "cat and mouse", indecision and shenanigans, the main couple, Savannah and Luke, lustily and congenially agree to keep on seeing each other without too much of the unnecessarily added dramatic streams of unconscious that involves: fighting the fe
Rose
There's a time that I wonder - whenever I pick up certain New Adult books - why I do this to myself. I haven't read a book this terribly written since "A Million Dirty Secrets" - and I would even say that's better written than this (which if you know how I feel about "A Million Dirty Secrets" - that's uber bad.)

I don't know if I can give this book a proper review because the experience was such a waste of time. I struggled a little at the beginning to start it, considering it was full of the usu
Sheryl
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't surprised by HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I picked it up not expecting very much, but what I got was an UTTERLY SWEET, yet OVERWHELMINGLY SEXY, TRULY ENJOYABLE read!!!

I loved Savannah and Luke and MY GOODNESS, how much these two burned up the sheets, made me REALLY JEALOUS! LOL!!!! I liked how it wasn't that angstsy either (and really almost all new New Adult titles nowadays are so full of angst that I really wanna scream and say get over it!!!) and OH JOY,
Janina
Jul 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Only finished this because it was pretty short. All in all, annoying but had a certain addictive quality?! (Don't ask me why.) Still, a lot of things I just can't deal with, the two main issues being slut-shaming and insta-love. And, well, the fact that they had to have sex every two seconds, even when his little sister was in the same room with them?!
Shanna
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by Netgalley***

So this book is a perfect of example of why one should not judge a book by its cover. Cause can you say cheesy? But inside this book is a wonderful story. It was a really fast read. But also a complex story about the ultra fast development a great friendship and romantic relationship.

The Good

Savannah: I liked her she was clearly, 20, and she was struggling with so much. But I think what made me love her was the fact that she had a good head on her shoulders.
Linda Sims
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
GOOD DEBUT

The story starts with Savannah waking up with a guy whom she has had a one night stand with. His name is Luke he's gorgeous, and Savannah is now in a rush to get ready for work. But Luke wants to see Savannah again. She allows herself to be persuaded to go on a date. So what initially began as a one time thing, starts to become regular.

The debut from this author is a well written story. I liked the plot and characters. Savannah is at college, she also works long hours so her life doesn
Derna
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

Savannah is a strong, independent hard working college student; she works two jobs, has little time for, and is not really interested in dating. Savannah thinks a one-nightstand is the answer to her problems. Except her one nightstand turns out to be Luke, he is hot, gorgeous with muscles. And after a night together Savannah, and Luke one nightstand turned into more.

“A guy like Luke deserved more than one night. A guy like Luke deserved more of me”~ Savannah

Luke had the world on his shoulders; h
Shermmy Wormmy
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don’t trust Aubrey!
I am hoping this book will be a series!

Let’s get into the book now.

It is so refreshing to see a guy sacrifice so much for his family. I am so used to the girl having to do all the work while the guy has to come in on his almighty steed and save her. This book detours from the norm which makes me love it so much more.

Luke
Hot carpenter guy trying to take care of his mom and sister. Luke can be both irresponsible (one night stand, love and first penetration) and responsible (s
Debora
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: college, read-2013
The original review can be found at Deb's Crazy Obsession

I'm not entirely sure ho to feel about this book. On one hand, it has a great general plot. On the other, it's a bit shallow and bland. On the third, they're having too much sex. On the fourth, they're not having enough.

If you had asked me what I thought after the first few chapters I would have said I absolutely loved it, it had a great build up and I connected and felt with both Savannah and Luke. But it never became more than that. It l
Anasheh Satoorian
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Actual 3.5
Book provided from Netgally for an honest review

Savannah is a modern college student. She has lived her life watching her mom get into one unhappy marriage after another, each richer than the last. Savannah does not want to follow the footsteps of her mother and is determined to make something of herself. She works two jobs while supporting herself through school. Her busy schedule does not leave time open for a relationship. But just like any other woman in her 20s Savannah has needs
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this debut novel. The title 'too fast' is appropriate as this is a case of insta-love between Luke and Savannah. I don't normally like insta-love in a book but the author wrote it well as she had Luke and Savannah both thinking to themselves that it couldn't be love so soon and maybe it was just lust. They both realise things have moved too fast (the story takes place within a month).

There is a lot of sex in this book, sometimes I found it inappropriate that they were having sex
LPJ
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, new-adult
Ineffable Book Blog
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the plot of this story and its originality. Girl with weight on her shoulders meets boy with even more problems yet those problems seem to disappear when together….. who doesn’t love the sound of that romance? I liked the setting and the setup of the book. Many of the emotions involved were written wonderfully and I loved the depth of this book. Some parts felt fake and forced to me but otherwise the book was great and enjoyable.

Savannah was a wonderful character that makes it easy to co
Heather andrews
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect combination that got me to read this book, hot book cover and free (smiles). When you read as fast as I do sometimes it helps to get the free books Amazon has to offer and this one was a great book, not a good one but a great one. Luke he's a totally cocky flirt, "you didn't finish your research, College Girl. The night doesn't end until both of us are up and out of bed. And," he said with a sexy smirk," our night isn't nearly finished." Savannah she's an upfront and honest person, "she ...more
J
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars and I did really enjoy reading this book. Two young people out to have a one night stand that turns out to be so much more. He's a 20 year old trying to take care of his bi-polar mother and his 15 year old sister and she's a college student who was just looking for a quickie while she works three jobs and studies all she can to succeed in college.

Both were strong characters. And even though they frequently told each other that their relationship was more than sex, you'll find steamy sc
Wendy
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nov-13
Too Fast was a quick and very enjoyable read!
Savannah was a devoted, hard-working college student trying to make it through school without the help of her promiscuous mother. Luke supports his family and takes care of his 15 yr old sister, all while trying to deal with his mother's mental health issues.
Savannah is looking for a one-night stand and spends the night with Luke. Their intense sexual chemistry had them quickly turn their one night together into one month together.
Emotional, passion
Nancy
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*ARC provided by NetGalley via Alexia Haynes in exchange for an honest review*

I loved this story and HEA!!!

Savannah is 20, in college, working two jobs and has no time for love. Her friends convince her she needs a one night stand. At a party one night, she meets Luke and as he is leaving the party, she asks him to go out for coffee. Their one night stands turns into a great story about love, families, and commitment to life.

I loved everything about this romance and am looking forward to the ne
Hbeebti
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sexy little story. Thank goodness there was an actual storyline since there was so much sex. This about a one night stand that turned into a week stand and then a month stand and well then they fell in love. It also about Luke who is raising his fifteen year old sister. Their mother has an mental illness. Luke is amazing the way he steps up to the plate and works his butt off to provide for his family and protects his sister from their mothers mania and pretty much raises her. Lets no ...more
GTR33GURL
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the characters in this book just felt a little more depth into there background would of made a world of difference I'm not a big fan of insta love and savannah and Luke were def that but they were both so sweet you couldn't help but love them a bit to much sex and not enough relationship explored I would of liked to get to know them a bit better they were acting like teenagers the sex was hot but I loved there personalities I wanted more but I'm glad they get there HEA it was a quick in ...more
Dannae
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
I was given this book to read and give my honest opinion. I thought this was a pretty good book. It wasn't slowly dragged out. In this book you meet Savannah and Luke. Savannah works a lot and is going to school and didn't have time for relationships. Luke works hard to support his family and was looking for a good time. Neither expected to find each other and fall so quick. That much intensity and passion that quick in a relationship could tear them apart.
Leanne Tyler
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my first New Adult and it was smokin'! The characters had such intense chemistry I couldn't put the book down. I wanted Savannah and Luke to be together even when it looked like they were being pulled apart. The emotion. The heat. The sex...did I just say that? Yes, the sex was hot, hot, hot. All I can say is if I was going to have a one night stand then this is the kind I'd want to have. I can't wait for the next Alexia Haynes to come out!!
Genna
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this, it was honestly a little "too fast" of a love but I guess that's the point. When you know, you know. In my own opinion I didn't like a lot of the dirty talk. It just felt strange, out of place. I enjoyed the story, Luke is an amazing character with a big heart. All in all it's a quick easy read.
Brandi
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book had me laughing especially the wardrobe malfunction. It was a quick intense read and got straight to the point. I usually don't like the instant love, but this book needed that. The writing was put together really well. Honestly I had never heard of the author before but I am so glad that I found this book as it really was a great read.

Brandi @ Dirty Girl Book Club
Michelle
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley
Charlotte
Aug 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, contemporary
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

This review is also posted on Thoughts and Pens.

After getting disillusioned from her previous relationships and trying to juggle between two jobs and school, 20-year old Savannah decided to engage in a one-night stand instead of committing herself to a relationship. Despite her penchant for skinny, artsy and disenchanted boys, she found herself hooking up with someone so opposite. Luke was a gorgeous hunk with a mysterious past.

Though Savannah’s initial plan was to ch
Audrey Wilkerson
Aug 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
College girl Savannah works two jobs and studies for her classes. She's got no time for a relationship, but for some reason, has decided that a one-night stand sounds perf. There's no discussion about whether it's because the girl needs some, or if she's just bored. All we know is that whomever she chooses, it's a one-time deal. Well, the SILLY UNIVERSE has other plans for our gal.

Of course alcohol was involved; normally, she would never have chosen a guy as built as this one! She's usually a sk
Brittany
Nov 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, na
Original review can be found here:http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife....

Oh here I go again getting fooled into thinking I'm going to be reading a great NA book. Wrong. So wrong. And it's really starting to piss me off. I don't know who categorizes a book into a certain genre but this relatively new NA genre is really screwing with the system. But in the case with Too Fast I think it's pretty obvious it doesn't belong there. I'd barely call it a romance novel. It's erotica plain and simple. Hay
Tiffany
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was checking out the reviews for Too Fast and I was thinking what were they reading??? Don't be fooled by the reviews, this is a good book! It was a real story - it wasn't your normal happily ever after situation, but that is what made it real. I would totally recommend it to our 556 Book Chick Followers!

Savannah is a college student on the search for her first ever one-night-stand! Too busy working and studying there is just no time for a steady boyfriend, so why not get laid one good time an
  • Trouble
  • Save (Save Me, #1)
  • More Than One Night
  • Challenge Accepted
  • Addicted to Him
  • Strictly Business
  • Like Falling (Surfacing, #1)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Thunder Snow (Thunder on the Mountain, #1)
  • Marrying Mr. Write (Mr. Write Trilogy #3)
  • Love of Truth
  • Broken (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Twisted Arrangement (Twisted, #1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • This Fire
  • Christmas Unplugged
  • Winning Back Ryan
  • Young Lies (Young, #1)

Too Fast (2 books)
  • Too Loud (Too Fast, #2)