Start by marking “Ten Little Pirates” as Want to Read:
Ten Little Pirates

Ten Little Pirates

Ten little pirates sailing out to sea,
Looking for adventure, happy as can be.
Are they hunting treasure? Are they going far?
Ten little pirates all say, "Arrrrrr!"

Ten little pirates set out to sea in search of adventure. But what will the ten little pirates do when they meet a hurricane . . . and a giant squid . . . and a HUNGRY SHARK?
Published July 4th 2013 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about Ten Little Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Little Pirates

Start your review of Ten Little Pirates
Jules (Never enough time to read)
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: c-books
One of the better counting books available, it is filled with fun illustrations and there is plenty to keep my wee one interested on each page.

I'm pretty sure that I know the story off by heart, which is always the sign of a great bedtime story in our house. It is definitely a big hit with my three year old.
Hester Enthoven
This is a great books for teaching children numbers 1 - 10. There are ten little pirates at the beginning of the story, on each page one gets taken away. For example "Nine little Pirates searching for their mate. Zap! goes the lightning - now there are .... eight". All the pirates are washed up to an Island together at the end.

Numbers are written out in the text but also in digit form on each page, therefore giving lots of opportunities for children to practice the numbers.

The book
J&F Galloway
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not a huge fan of this book as it's not very unique but J loves this. It's the story of 10 little pirates who slowly get knocked off one by one till there is only one lone pirate left. Then the other pirates miraculously return and they all have a party on an island. Some of the situations are a bit scary, one pirate gets eaten by a shark, however all ends well and J wasn't bothered at all. As said previously he loves helping me to read this book, he loves the countdown of pirates. J is in r ...more
Heather Harden
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While there's nothing unique about this book, it contains all of the ingredients for an engaging read aloud: rhyming, repetition, onomatopoeia, counting, big colorful illustrations, and pirates! As a reward during reading skills sessions with a rising 1st grader, I let them choose one book for me to read aloud at the end. This one quickly turned into one that we read together in unison. It's a quick fun read that both pre-readers and emerging readers will enjoy. Recommended for group Story Time.
Ilias Avramidis
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Since we're going through that pirate loving phase, this book is a great way to properly learn the numbers while enjoying the wonderful illustrations aswell! My little pirate loves it and he keeps saying ARRRRRR!!!
Raine Feiertag
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute!
Jenna Mills
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
As expected. 2yo likes it. I think they could have done with a boat at the end though. I don't see them surviving very long on that island.
Tapani Aulu
Hauska numeroidenopettelukirja ja Agatha Christie -pastissi. (Tässä lapset selviävät kyllä hengissä).
Adam Nickson
Scarlett aged 6 ****

Poppy aged 4 ****
Ashlin Edmisten
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, zz2017
This is a cute little counting book. I was a bit worried as it progressed. It's scary! But things work out in the end. Thank goodness!
Lisa
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My class loved it
Regina L
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Arrrgh!!!” Ten Little Pirates are on a similar adventure out at sea. One by one they are plucked off the boat by mermaids and sharks and giant squids, oh my! Will the last surviving pirate spend eternity all alone on the desert island or will his friends somehow manage to escape their fate and return to shore to party? This book is equally as fun to read as “10 Little Princesses”! The words roll naturally and quick off your tongue, and as a bonus it is a great counting-backwards book. The pirat ...more
Morticia Adams
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a charming children's book with good educational value. My grandchildren (5 and 3) love it and ask me to read it over and over again. They know it by heart and now read it to each other. The illustrations are lovely, the rhymes are funny, the story is involving, and it has a satisfying ending. What more could you want.
Ruth
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A cute little pirate adventure, involving plenty of backwards counting as one by one the pirates are taken away from their ship. Bold pictures, rhyming and rhythmical text. Probably best for kids aged 3 and up.
Jodie
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a cute take on ten little indians. I was a bit worried about giving it to my nephew for a minute there when the little pirates go to heaven, seemed a bit harsh for a kids picture book, but all was well in the end.
Iluvnamie!
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun book -- although rather simple, it remains to be one of my child's Favourite books! Mike Brownlow's latest book 'Ten little monsters' is really good with many more details and we want to give to 6 stars!
Andrea
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely rhyming picture book with bright and colourful illustrations. The rhyme is a counting rhyme and there are also things to count on each page. Another nice touch is that the ten pirates each appear to be different nationalities. A really nice book.
Sarah Adamson
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and fantastical adventure book starring 10 little pirates. Contains mild peril but has a happy ending for all!
Neeni
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
it was scary when the squid ate the pirate
Claire
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great interactive read-aloud story. Counting rhyme to join in - fabulous illustrations
Beaugiejuice
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, dahlia
Absolutely fantastic! Well played out. Keeps this toddler still while reading!
Cassey
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My son loves this book, we have to reread it at least three times before bed.
Elizabeth Beverley
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, illustrations are really fun & well done. We love the giant squid & cannon firing ship. Rhyming text and taking 1 away is done very well.
Michael
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's difficult to review a book designed for very young children as you're not going to any in-depth comments from toddlers. But this book was given to a three year old boy and he loved it.
K. Burnett

• Where's My Mom?
  • Room on the Broom
  • One Ted Falls Out of Bed
  • I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
  • Bear  Hare -- Where's Bear?
  • Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Owl Babies
  • Smiley Shark
  • Stick Man
  • The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish
  • Bumble: The Little Bear with Big Ideas!
  • The Things We Left Unsaid: An unforgettable story of love and family